A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

best option for insurance is with Nuance - MT

Posted: Nov 07, 2013

I'm wondering what the best option for insurance is with Nuance.  It looks as though there is no co-pay for office visits, so I'm guessing I should do a HSA?  I really like having an office visit co-pay :(

Both kind of suck! - CuriousMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Basically you have to meet the deductible on both, from what I remember... which is still the outrageous $2500! But the big difference for me was being able to pay a copay for medicine. I am on a few maintenance medications that are just too outrageous to pay out of pocket waiting for a deductible to be met.

what are you going to do?? - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
It's crazy to have to meet that deductible before it will pay on meds and office visits! My maintenance meds are on the $4 list at Walmart thank goodness. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Wonder what the state insurance would cost?

Health Benefits Alternatives? - Meh

[ In Reply To ..]
I work at Nuance too. Do we have to apply for one of these benefit plans at Nuance now that health insurance will be mandatory by law or else pay a fine? (That would only make the monthly Nuance paycheck even lower, and I doubt that these benefits will even pay off.) What other alternative to Nuance health benefits is there? Do you know what happens if we don't apply for health beneftis/insurance?

The ACA requires that your premiums - cost only 9.5% of salary

[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance have gotten around that somewhat with a terrible low premium policy with a relatively big deductible that applies to everything, which is pretty slimy IMHO, just plain mean. This is what is meant by JUNK insurance. Despite the spirit of the law, they are subverting it by trying to pile the costs on the employee which in fact just incentivizes you not to go to the doctor at all, despite paying the premiums, so virtually you are paying not much for nothing.

I think you should call the ACA line for your state to see if they can help you or go online and request a navigator (there is a button for that I think).

The "grandfathering" part of the ACA means these crappy insurance companies (yes, even you BCBS, you think it is important I "take responsibility for my health" - try making it easier to go to the doctor - your lack of copays for GP visits sucks) can get away with this garbage so I hope that changes. I think you should check to see if you are eligible for Medicaid too.

Gonna Apply For MediCaid Instead - Meh

[ In Reply To ..]
There's a new law for 2014. Thatis, if one makes a poverty income (I think nearly all MTs these days do), then you qualify for MediCaid even if you're not disabled or over 65 nor have any dependents. Poverty means one makes under about $1,200/month. I used to be on MediCaid when I was on SSI. I wanted to get off SSI for good and remove my "disabled" label as well and be financially independent. I don't regret losing the SSI or MediCaid, but since I make so little as an MT at Nuance, I will reapply for government assistance, but only for the health insurance, which is now mandatory by law to have health insurance. I think I'll wait until next year to apply for health benefits at Nuance. (I expect to have more income next year, beyond under $1,200, because I will be faster at being an MT and because I will an additional source of income through eBay, so I dont' expect to qualify next year for MediCaid anymore, but for now, I qualify.)

Not gonna sign up - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
The penalty right now is $95 for not having insurance. In 2016 that goes up to $600 or more. Right now, I'm just going to pay the penalty unless I qualify for Medicaid. To meet a $2500 deductible out of pocket before insurance would even start pay at 75% is sucky insurance. I can build up my own savings and pay office visits out of pocket. I only see a doctor once a year or so anyway. My nurse practitioner will even phone in antibiotics and cough meds when I'm sick. I just can't get over how they don't have a plan offering a co-pay. That's how it's all going though. Offer insurance, but make it where nobody can use it (sigh)

Do you have any further information on that law? - This sounds like something I need SM

[ In Reply To ..]
as I'll be poverty income myself with nothing but student loans while I go back to college at age 50+. The loans are not considered "income" because they have to be paid back, so this would be extremely helpful for me if I could get into it. Wouldn't have much of a choice being a full-time student, where would I get a job that would give me any decent insurance.

The obomination care completely sucks and I want no part of it.

Google It - Meh

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to be on SSI because I was "disabled." Now I'm not considered disabled anymore, so not only did I get off SSI by choice permanently (met my goal) but they took me off MediCaid along with it. I did a little research on Internet find out more about MediCaid (since I recall that I was told that you have to be disabled and it's not for the indigent), and one one page I read MediCaid is only if you're not only low-income but also either disabled, have dependents or over 65. However, then I came across another page in which it says that there'a a new law starting in January 2014 in which you only have to be low-income to qualify without any of the other requirements. You can read more about it by typing "Medicaid Expansion." The rules/qualifications are a bit different in different states, I think.
Not All States - Meh
[ In Reply To ..]
A little more research tells me that this MediCaid expansion in terms of who qualifies isn't applicable in all states. Probably most states, though, I assume. I know it's applicable for the state I live in.

The expansion of Medicaid is part of the Obomination, as you call it. - ...as you call it.

[ In Reply To ..]
So you have him to thank if you qualify or it.

Just saying.

Similar Messages:

Nuance Employees, Do You Have An HSA Or FSA Option Currently?
Nov 04, 2011

I'm reading about the difference between the two of these, and it looks like the employer withholds a portion of your income to cover medical expenses. I don't know if that has to be offered by the employer or if it can be set up somehow by anyone who qualifies due to a high-deductible insurance plan. Do you currently have any HSA or FSA arrangement with Nuance? ...

Nuance Insurance Or Obama's "marketplace" Insurance
Oct 17, 2013

Hmmmmmm, should I go with Nuance insurance or Obama's "marketplace" insurance - that is the question. I'll be broke either way. ...

Insurance/Nuance
Nov 29, 2011

On our new insurance plan for employee only, I am getting major medical, dental, cancer, critical illness, accidental for about the same I was paying or a little less than before for major medical, dental and vision. However the rate for adding spouse or family or child went up. So my son is going to get his own plan which is cheaper than adding him to mine.  Also disability insurance is paid by the company on this plan.  Deductibles went up, mine is 2500, but that is going on througho ...

Wmx/Nuance Insurance
Aug 15, 2012

Okay we HAD to change our insurance when Nuance bought us out...and it was horribly expensive with a $2500 deductible.  They changed us in January, and I have just met that deductible. Well, guess what?  They "think" they informed us that the anniversary date would be  in August, and then the deductible starts OVER, and they are oh so sorry for this, but that is the way it is!!!  and "oh, we are all so sorry."  Well, I can't afford my medicine and can't afford ...

Nuance Med Insurance. Can You Tell Me Who They Use
Oct 22, 2012

no msg ...

Does Anyone Else Get Insurance Through Nuance?
Jan 06, 2014

Does anyone else get insurance through Nuance? I had downloaded and kept my coverage information (what is covered, percentages, etc), but lost it. Can anyone help with this? ...

WMX/Nuance Resignation - Insurance
Dec 09, 2011

I recently submitted my resignation to WMX. Does anyone know how long the health insurance is in effect afterwards? In my case, my last day is Dec 19th. Is it only effective through then or longer due to biweekly deductions for it?  Thanks ...

Nuance Health Insurance
Nov 09, 2012

Please correct me if I am wrong, but from what I have heard this insurance plan (BC/BS?) does not cover primary care office visits until you reach a 2500 dollar deductible, no copay anymore, paying for the whole visit??  I thought all insurance companies had us pay a copay, not the whole cost of the office visit.  What about prescriptions, do we pay the full price for them now too, or is it still about a 15 dollar copay?  I am left wondering how they got this kind of insuranc ...

Nuance Insurance Question
Jan 08, 2014

Are medications and doctor visits covered or are they part of what you have to pay until you hit deductible? ...

What Nuance Charges For Insurance
Jan 29, 2014

Does anybody know what nuance charges for insurance, parent/child or family?   TIA! ...

Nuance Dental Insurance
May 22, 2014

I am a new hire for Nuance.  Can someone tell me about the Nuance dental insurance?   The deductibles, the waiting period, pay for major procedures? ...

Medical Insurance At Nuance
Jun 14, 2014

I'm currently working 24 hours a week @ MModal.  My husband's medical insurance has become too expensive, so am thinking about going to Nuance for 30 hours a week for benefits.  Could anyone tell me who the insurance carrier is and about what the deductible is?  Also, is there out of net wot coverage?  Thanks so much :) ...

Can Someone Update Me On Focus/Nuance Insurance
Feb 27, 2011

They used to have decent and affordable medical insurance but I thought I heard in January the cost went up substantially.  Is this true? and if so, does anyone know how much it is now for individual and family? ...

Insurance Rates/webmedx/nuance
Nov 17, 2011

for an employee and spouse $767.00 a month, dental for an employee and spouse $63.00 a month.  I am having to waive the dental, can't afford that.  Might have to find a 2nd job as well.  Stinks for sure. ...

Was Hoping To Get Health Insurance With Nuance, But...
May 30, 2012

I have been part time with Transcend for over 5 years now and no health benefits and now they are having open enrollment.  I thought Nuance would take that over and give PT people health insurance.  I guess that was being too hopeful, right?? ...

What Company Is Nuance Health Insurance Thru?
Oct 04, 2012

nm ...

Nuance Medical Insurance/line Counts
Jul 21, 2011

I've just signed on with Nuance and was wondering about the medical/dental insurance.  Can anyone tell me the cost for employee and family?  Would like to know about deductibles, etc.  Please give your opinions on the insurance too please.   Also, was wondering if current employees find it easy/difficult to reach the required line counts at Nuance.  Thanks! ...

WMX/Nuance Insurance DOUBLE Rate For Zip Code!!
Nov 14, 2011

OMGGGG!!!  Already in shock at the high insurance rates, wondering how anyone could afford them with the high deductibles and co-pays, and got an e-mail that my zip code is out of their area and so my rates would be DOUBLE!!! For the same stinking high deductible and high co-pay plan???  My entire pay would not cover the insurance!!  Anyone else get such an e-mail, and what the heck are you going to do??  I am not in a "rural" area and am within 30 minutes of major medical ce ...

Does Nuance FT Insurance Cover Domestic Partners?
Jan 06, 2012

I'm a FT Webber and think I've heard something about this, but can't seem to find in the insurance info. Thank you! ...

Does Anyone Know How Much Health Insurance Costs With Nuance For 1 Person?
Mar 07, 2012

I know there is a 2500 deductible, just wondering about the cost for one employee to have insurance for herself per paycheck or monthly.  Thanks! ...

Any Word On Insurance Cost For Webbies Consumed By Nuance?
Jul 26, 2011

Please, do tell if you know ANYTHING. ...

Does Nuance Offer Health Insurance To Part Timers?
Feb 23, 2012

Does anyone know if Nuance offers health insurance for part-time employees?  If so, approximately how much does it cost? ...

Any Companies With Insurance Deductibles Less Than 2500? Can't Afford Nuance Anymore Nm
Nov 30, 2013

xx ...

Option To Get Out ...
Sep 20, 2011

Sorry in advance for the length of this post but I've been reading and I just couldn't sit still any longer.  I'm a long-time MQ employee - this is my 14th year.  When I first started out, the income was crazy.  Literally I made more money in bonuses and incentives than I made in my regular production pay.  It was not uncommon for my paychecks to be in the $2000 range.  Over the years, the bonuses and incentives ended, and to help supplement my income (I t ...

There Is Another Option.....
Oct 24, 2013

Our lives have become totally ruined by this company. Unfortunately, commiserating with each other, while helping to alleviate anxiety, will not solve the problem. I have thought of this option, and some friends have suggested the same thing, Class Action Suit!  There must be a way we can recoup our lost wages. I cannot believe that what this company has done to us is legal.  It may take awhile, but aside from finding another job that pays better (which is just not available), I believ ...

Another Option For Transitioning From MT
Mar 24, 2010

Transcribing the dictation of various physician assistants made me wonder what was involved in becoming a PA, so I looked into the PA programs in my state.  I have a BA and already have all the science prereqs, so I decided to apply.  I'm retiring from my full-time job (not medical related) in April and wondered what I would do with myself with just my part-time MT job to keep me busy.  Now I know.  I start in the PA program with the summer session.  If you have a ...

Search Option
Jul 11, 2010

Hi, Is there a search query anywhere on the MTStars website?  I recall there used to be one, but I cannot find it.  Thanks in advance for any help. ...

Failure Is NOT An Option.
Feb 28, 2011

x ...

Unemployment An Option?
Nov 03, 2014

Does anyone know if unemployment is an option with all the OOW? ...

UNEMPLOYMENT AN OPTION.....YES !!!!!!!
Nov 03, 2014