A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance dental insurance - gksc

Posted: May 22, 2014

I am a new hire for Nuance.  Can someone tell me about the Nuance dental insurance?   The deductibles, the waiting period, pay for major procedures?

Nuance medical/dental insurance - xyz

[ In Reply To ..]
I am new this year to Nuance, and purchased my medical and dental insurance from them. I chose what was referred to as the "better" dental insurance plan in my phone conversation with HR. I have used it once, for dental cleaning and x-ray. My out of pocket was $128 (I don't have the EOB handy, just looked at the checkbook for what I paid). I recall there being a small percentage of the x-ray covered, and amazingly, virtually nothing for the cleaning. I have a lot of interviews coming up, so will wait until I find a new job before visiting the dentist again.
The health insurance has a $2500 deductible. One visit to my MD, visit of about $160, the contract write-off was only about $6 (not making that up). I paid $154. On my new Nuance salary of less than 50% of 2013, visits to doctor & dentist are totally unaffordable.

YEP - you're so right! - Pollyanna

[ In Reply To ..]
My blood pressure is sky high and I can't afford to see a doctor. I'll probably have a stroke sometime soon. This insurance plan is pathetic. It's nothing more than a major medical policy. No affordable access to a doctor's office.

Deductible for spouse and I is $7500 with no copay. - It is unreal.

[ In Reply To ..]
Sad thing is - Nuance pays more than we do for this crappy plan. And having it offered makes us not eligible for subsidies/cost adjustments with O'Care. People will say "Oh you don't have O'Care and you can't blame it on that." WRONG. ACA affects every single health insurance plan in this country. And, IMHO, the "best" is yet to come. President keeps delaying parts that are really going to put the screws to people because it is an election year. And even more sadly, people don't believe us when we tell them how bad this policy is.

I wish they would allow a choice between - this garbage and Ocare

[ In Reply To ..]
I have checked ehealthinsurance.com and my family would be much better off with ACA. It's a pity these "grandfathered" policies are allowed to force you to take them. If Nuance pays so much for them, why not opt out and pay the fee, thus allowing US some better choices? These plans are worse than nothing.

I find it hard to believe they can't negotiate something better with the huge amount of employees they insure. It's criminal, nothing more than a disincentive to go to the doctor at all.

New Hire - sickened

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess I am really curious why there are any new hires when there is not enough work for the old hires.

New hire - Pollyanna

[ In Reply To ..]
EXACTLY!!! I only get 3 or 4 reports a day from my primary account anymore. Who's running this company anyway?

Similar Messages:

Eye And Dental Insurance?
Mar 28, 2013

Opinions please on the eye and dental insurance????  What two months are sign up?  Thank you! ...

Dental Insurance
Feb 19, 2014

My dental card says Aetna PPO, but the benefits page on ADP says "basic." Does anyone know if we, in fact, have a PPO? TYIA. ...

Amphion Dental Insurance?
Sep 14, 2010

Can anyone tell me more about Amphion dental insurance? I need to get a cleaning, fillings, and pulling, and crowns right away. Yes, my mouth sucks. LOL. Is there a waiting period for any of that stuff once the insurance kicks in? ...

Does Anyone Have Affordable Dental Insurance?
Nov 19, 2010

As independent contractors, does anyone have affordable dental insurance?  I need something that will cover just that.  Thanks for any ideas ...

Insurance Enrollment? Dental?
Apr 10, 2012

I think they said open enrollment was coming up in June didn't they?  Can you get just dental?  Anyone have any experience with it? Worth it? Expensive?  We lost our dental last year and with the 4 of us, I'm wondering if it would be worth it to get it through the M.  Thanks! ...

Dental Insurance Cards?
Jan 07, 2014

Do we get dental insurance cards and if so, has anyone already got theirs?  I've never used their dental insurance before so I don't know, would like to get going on getting teeth fixed asap.  Thanks. ...

What Company M-Modal Uses For Dental Insurance
Aug 28, 2013

Can anyone tell me what company M-Modal uses for dental insurance ...

I Only Have Dental And Vision Insurance. Would I Be Eligible For COBRA For Those?
May 05, 2011

I only have dental and vision insurance. Would i be eligible for COBRA for those? ...

Nuance Medical And Dental - What Companies Do They Have Coverage With?
Oct 20, 2011

Thanks ...

Nuance Insurance Or Obama's "marketplace" Insurance
Oct 17, 2013

Hmmmmmm, should I go with Nuance insurance or Obama's "marketplace" insurance - that is the question. I'll be broke either way. ...

Insurance/Nuance
Nov 29, 2011

On our new insurance plan for employee only, I am getting major medical, dental, cancer, critical illness, accidental for about the same I was paying or a little less than before for major medical, dental and vision. However the rate for adding spouse or family or child went up. So my son is going to get his own plan which is cheaper than adding him to mine.  Also disability insurance is paid by the company on this plan.  Deductibles went up, mine is 2500, but that is going on througho ...

Wmx/Nuance Insurance
Aug 15, 2012

Okay we HAD to change our insurance when Nuance bought us out...and it was horribly expensive with a $2500 deductible.  They changed us in January, and I have just met that deductible. Well, guess what?  They "think" they informed us that the anniversary date would be  in August, and then the deductible starts OVER, and they are oh so sorry for this, but that is the way it is!!!  and "oh, we are all so sorry."  Well, I can't afford my medicine and can't afford ...

Nuance Med Insurance. Can You Tell Me Who They Use
Oct 22, 2012

no msg ...

Does Anyone Else Get Insurance Through Nuance?
Jan 06, 2014

Does anyone else get insurance through Nuance? I had downloaded and kept my coverage information (what is covered, percentages, etc), but lost it. Can anyone help with this? ...

Dental - Do We Get A Dental Card?
Jan 08, 2013

I signed up for dental coverage for the first time this year.  I haven't received anything.  Does anyone know if we are supposed to receive a dental card?  Thanks ...

WMX/Nuance Resignation - Insurance
Dec 09, 2011

I recently submitted my resignation to WMX. Does anyone know how long the health insurance is in effect afterwards? In my case, my last day is Dec 19th. Is it only effective through then or longer due to biweekly deductions for it?  Thanks ...

Nuance Health Insurance
Nov 09, 2012

Please correct me if I am wrong, but from what I have heard this insurance plan (BC/BS?) does not cover primary care office visits until you reach a 2500 dollar deductible, no copay anymore, paying for the whole visit??  I thought all insurance companies had us pay a copay, not the whole cost of the office visit.  What about prescriptions, do we pay the full price for them now too, or is it still about a 15 dollar copay?  I am left wondering how they got this kind of insuranc ...

Best Option For Insurance Is With Nuance
Nov 07, 2013

I'm wondering what the best option for insurance is with Nuance.  It looks as though there is no co-pay for office visits, so I'm guessing I should do a HSA?  I really like having an office visit co-pay :( ...

Nuance Insurance Question
Jan 08, 2014

Are medications and doctor visits covered or are they part of what you have to pay until you hit deductible? ...

What Nuance Charges For Insurance
Jan 29, 2014

Does anybody know what nuance charges for insurance, parent/child or family?   TIA! ...

Medical Insurance At Nuance
Jun 14, 2014

I'm currently working 24 hours a week @ MModal.  My husband's medical insurance has become too expensive, so am thinking about going to Nuance for 30 hours a week for benefits.  Could anyone tell me who the insurance carrier is and about what the deductible is?  Also, is there out of net wot coverage?  Thanks so much :) ...

Can Someone Update Me On Focus/Nuance Insurance
Feb 27, 2011

They used to have decent and affordable medical insurance but I thought I heard in January the cost went up substantially.  Is this true? and if so, does anyone know how much it is now for individual and family? ...

Insurance Rates/webmedx/nuance
Nov 17, 2011

for an employee and spouse $767.00 a month, dental for an employee and spouse $63.00 a month.  I am having to waive the dental, can't afford that.  Might have to find a 2nd job as well.  Stinks for sure. ...

Was Hoping To Get Health Insurance With Nuance, But...
May 30, 2012

I have been part time with Transcend for over 5 years now and no health benefits and now they are having open enrollment.  I thought Nuance would take that over and give PT people health insurance.  I guess that was being too hopeful, right?? ...

What Company Is Nuance Health Insurance Thru?
Oct 04, 2012

nm ...

Nuance Medical Insurance/line Counts
Jul 21, 2011

I've just signed on with Nuance and was wondering about the medical/dental insurance.  Can anyone tell me the cost for employee and family?  Would like to know about deductibles, etc.  Please give your opinions on the insurance too please.   Also, was wondering if current employees find it easy/difficult to reach the required line counts at Nuance.  Thanks! ...

WMX/Nuance Insurance DOUBLE Rate For Zip Code!!
Nov 14, 2011

OMGGGG!!!  Already in shock at the high insurance rates, wondering how anyone could afford them with the high deductibles and co-pays, and got an e-mail that my zip code is out of their area and so my rates would be DOUBLE!!! For the same stinking high deductible and high co-pay plan???  My entire pay would not cover the insurance!!  Anyone else get such an e-mail, and what the heck are you going to do??  I am not in a "rural" area and am within 30 minutes of major medical ce ...

Does Nuance FT Insurance Cover Domestic Partners?
Jan 06, 2012

I'm a FT Webber and think I've heard something about this, but can't seem to find in the insurance info. Thank you! ...

Does Anyone Know How Much Health Insurance Costs With Nuance For 1 Person?
Mar 07, 2012

I know there is a 2500 deductible, just wondering about the cost for one employee to have insurance for herself per paycheck or monthly.  Thanks! ...

Any Word On Insurance Cost For Webbies Consumed By Nuance?
Jul 26, 2011

Please, do tell if you know ANYTHING. ...