A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

So, what is it like to work for Nuance?? Pay well? Flexible? Work available? nm.. - Transcend employee

Posted: Mar 07, 2012

Nuance - Sue

[ In Reply To ..]
Honestly, Nuance is horrid. I have worked for Medquist and now at Nuance after a buy-out and am actively looking to leave. No paid holidays. Systems breaks down. NO communication. It is the blind leading the blind. OH and if you are NOT 99.1% accurate, you lose your incentive for THREE months. I do my job and I go home, but the pay is awful, the accounts not great, and the constant worry of not being perfect is stressful. Only decent thing is insurance cost is pretty low....

I agree 100%! I was there myself for a while - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and it is exactly as you said. Stay away!

Same here - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Pay well - no. Flexible - no. PTO is practically nonexistent.

One of the worst experiences in my MT career and I've been doing this for a long time. Too many chiefs running around in circles, just like Sue said, the blind leading the blind. Of course, this is JUST MY OPINION.

You can try googling Nuance for info. - it may bring you back here to older archives

[ In Reply To ..]
But at you will be able to find other info while you wait on more answers to your post.

Try typing in "Nuance, MT Stars" in google and you should be able to find more threads about Nuance on here.

Nuance buyout - beenthere

[ In Reply To ..]
I followed Nuance's takeover of Webmedx on this site. Disaster is the word that comes to mind.

Nuance acquisition process - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Have you seen the movie Tango and Cash??? Then you are familiar with the term "cluster ____". That describes it pretty accurately.

Agree with Cluster _____!! Love it! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
At least for the Wmx acquisition, this describes it perfectly. You can hope and pray that maybe they have learned something since totally screwing up every part of the Wmx buyout.

Overstaffed - overstaffed plus overstaffed

[ In Reply To ..]
There is a constant lack of work UNLESS you are unfortunate to have an ugly account no one else wants, not even the workers in India.

Transcend Employee, everything's been fine except - for editing pay. There is an incentive

[ In Reply To ..]
scale that will allow people who want to raise their rates by up to 2 cpl to do so, but I'm continually afraid I'll be losing it for the next quarter year, perhaps even more. It worries me at night because I just can't afford to lose that income, but QA can be perverse and sometimes you'll draw someone who will manage to find any number of things to ding. It can be amazing how sloppy a good clean editor turns out to be when one of those gets through. All companies have them, of course, but not all companies require you to meet 99% under these conditions or lose your car payment for the next 3 months.

The rest of the complaints people are making, though, for the most part I just don't have. The company runs smoothly and doesn't bother me (except for QA) and I'm okay with editing. I just need to make enough money at it to continue at this work.

Similar Messages:

Nuance Flexible Schedules?
Apr 24, 2012

I am due to join this company due to merger.  Can someone please tell me if they offer any kind of flexible schedule?  Thank you in advance. ...

Being A Flexible MT
Apr 03, 2012

I interviewed this morning for a transcription position that I will need to be flexible for front and back office backup. This interests me and I am very interested in it as I think MTs need to be more flexible in this day and age. This is a sole FP physician and she does do EMR but also keeps her own chart record by using the sticky back paper. So she does double duty. I believe this is a wonderful idea and will keep some of us MTs working into the future. She always has the record there w ...

Optiscript - How Flexible?
Nov 18, 2011

Can anyone shed light  on how flexible optiscript in State College is?  I read on here how the unit manager will work with you if you need to change a schedule or need time off, but if you give an 8 hour schedule do they mind if you do not always adhere to it minute by minute or do they give you a little room to breathe.  I heard they have split shifts but just wondering how strict they are with the schedules you give.  TIA. ...

FLEXIBLE HOURS
Aug 24, 2012

If you are considered an independent contracter, can these companies require you to do the work on set hours?  It seems to me they could be a little more flexible with the hours. I realize there is a turn around time, but a block of time would be nice. Where are all the companies like this?? ...

What Is Proscript Like? Flexible? I Saw An Add On Another
Jan 06, 2014

site and was curious. ...

PT Flexible Positions
May 25, 2015

Are they any companies that require you just to work a set amount of lines per day without a set schedule? And that are hiring? TIA ...

Flexible Work Schedule?! Not In My BOB.
Apr 17, 2013

x ...

Positive Was Flexible Schedule? Who?? Not Me.
Apr 17, 2013

nm ...

What Companies Are More Flexible With Their Hours/schedules
Aug 04, 2010

I read a post on one of the boards yesterday by someone who was asking what companies are more flexible with their hours/schedules, etc.  Wanted to read responses and cannot find the original post to save my soul!!  Anybody know what board it is on? Thanks ...

Any Companies Offer Flexible Schedules?
Dec 28, 2011

Just wondering if there are any companies out there that offer flexible schedules.  I am currently a substitute teacher, so I don't have a set schedule for work.  I have about 5 years of transcriptions experience and would like to pick up about 15-25 hours of transcribing per week, but I don't want a set schedule.  Any ideas?  Thanks! ...

Rezziliant Transcription - How Flexible Is Their Scheduling?
Mar 30, 2012

Does anyone know anything about this company?  How flexible is their scheduling?  Thanks! ...

Procedure: Flexible Cystoscopy, Complex Urodynamics,
Oct 30, 2009

s/l "cautious flow EMG"  Also what does EMG electromyelogram?  ...

Who Is More Flexible Scheduling: Command Health Or SoftScript? Nm
Feb 05, 2014

nm ...

Independent Contractor - Must Have Flexible Schedule To Qualify For IC Status
Mar 11, 2010

I am thinking about pursuing a job as an independent contractor as I am retired and want something to do more than the money (retired hospital transcriptionist). It is my understanding that an IC must have flexible schedule to qualify for IC status, yet the job ads specify second and third shift as well as weekend days. Can they do this? I know the government is cracking down on ICs to make sure they are truly ICs (we all know the transcription companies will do everything to preserve their bo ...

Companies With Employee Status That Offer Flexible Schedules?
Aug 05, 2012

I know this has probably been asked so many times on this board, but I am currently working for a company as an employee, full time, and I'd really like to move on. I've been there 6 years and the only thing that is holding me back right now is the fact that I need to have a flexible schedule and I don't really want IC status.  Right now, I work 2 hours in the morning and 6-7 hours in the evenings. However, if one of my kids has a dance class or karate in the evening and I&# ...

Sounds Like Pecothalax Prep For A Flexible Sigmoidoscopy. Anyone Ever Hear Of It?
Jul 30, 2013

I never have and I have had a gastroenterology side job for years. ...

MModal Employment Ad Up - States Flexible Hours (afternoon & Evening)
Sep 28, 2012

Didn't know we had flexible hours. ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

"Consider Returning To Nuance" - Just Received Email From Nuance
Jun 27, 2014

Wow. Posted this on company board but wanted to post here as well - some of you may feel vindicated. LPn ...

Nuance OSI
Apr 14, 2011

Any thoughts on this merger???? ...

Web/Nuance Ad
Sep 15, 2011

Does anyone know why the ad says "No inquiries from overseas" when they obviously offshore the work?  Anyone reading that would incorrectly assume they do not offshore.  I was reading an article in the newspaper that a journalist was talking about a few days ago regarding the hospital outsourcing to the Web/Nuance, and the spokesperson for the hospital said in the article that the company only employs US MTs.  ...

Nuance -?
Oct 08, 2011

xx ...

Nuance PTO ?
Oct 23, 2011

The ad Nuance has up says increased PTO.  Anyone willing to tell me what it is now. Also information on their bonus program would be helpful.  Thank you. ...

WMX/NUANCE Here It Is......
Nov 04, 2011

....First send us an email with fabulous Nuance ins (bad news) because they had to announce that due to open season. However at the same time telling us that the new pay structure (probably more bad news) will be announced at a later date but will be effective Jan 1 2012. Good way to keep us hanging on while they are so behind with their horrid platform. Guess what Nuance/Nuisance, it will not work as your reputation has gone from bad to worse and we are now realizing that the We ...

NUANCE/WMX
Nov 18, 2011

What do Nuance MT's get for editing and transcribing per line.   Thanks ...

WMX/Nuance Changes
Dec 06, 2011

If Webmedx does away with or changes their recently advertised "PRODUCTION BASED INCENTIVE" bonus and adopts the Nuance quality based bonus then this change may be considered by quite a few WMX employees as yet another cut in pay. I’m sure that there are quite a few MT’s currently at WMX that have a high QA average and are earning $300-$400 (some even more) in production incentive pay each pay period, which equates to $600-$800 per month. As an example, acco ...

QA Nuance
Dec 28, 2011

Did anyone hear anything about changes for QA.  I heard there was a webinar today? ...

Nuance W2s?
Jan 20, 2012

Has Nuance/Alphastaff released W2s yet?  Quit mid-December, have no idea.  Thanks! ...