A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What is Proscript like? Flexible? I saw an add on another - looking

Posted: Jan 06, 2014

site and was curious.

Long list of acct specs, impossible to keep up, picky - MT52

[ In Reply To ..]
QA. Hard to make any money. I tried it a few months ago, almost 100% VR.

I didnt mind the VR as much as constant emails - about needing help,

[ In Reply To ..]
changing accounts constantly, excessive stats. Pay is average. I left because I couldn't earn a living wage.

My Proscript Experience - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The account specs weren't really bad on mine, but they are VERY, VERY picky about punctuation and their VR system may be the worst that I have seen. The VR puts TONS of punctuation where it doesn't go and never puts it where it should go and the VR never, ever learns. I FINALLY, after three months got up to around $8.50 an hour battling with the VR and receive an email telling me to "slow down" and now all of my jobs were in review. They already review your reports daily and score you daily and again, VERY picky on punctuation. I slowed back down and was making around $4.00 per hour and got a "good job" from them, they were grateful that I was producing 100%, but nevermind the fact that I was making no money.

They also don't pay for headers and those have to be re-generated on every report and can be quite time consuming.

I don't believe it is possible to make money there - Ex-PS

[ In Reply To ..]
I couldn't get even anywhere near minimum wage and each time I thought I was close to minimum wage I got an email chastising me for making too many punctuation or grammar mistakes. I was actually told that my medical terminology skills were excellent, but I must change sentences that are incorrect in VR, even if it didn't affect the content. The VR is so bad that I don't believe anyone could make money fixing it all. I even came to this board and asked if anyone makes reasonable money with them, because I was hesitant to quit, and never got a success story about this company. After six months I finally threw in the towell. I was wasting way too much time and never making any money.

Something interesting about Proscript - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
As soon as I started making anything over minimum wage (Around $9.00 per hour) I got an email telling me to slow down, I was making too many punctuation mistakes. Once I slowed down and was making very minimal money they were happy with that. I finally just stopped transcribing. Well, two whole months later, when I had transcribed ZERO lines for them, I get an email telling me to slow down and my reports would be going through QA, not to take any more than 5 reports at a time and if it continued I would be let go! I emailed them back and asked them where in the world they came up with this, because I hadn't even transcribed for them in over two months. I never got a response, was just taken off of the email list.

My experience was similar to all the above, and - Ex-PS2

[ In Reply To ..]
I even had sticky notes all over the place to try and keep up with all the different "protocols." I had a protocol failure which cost 3 points, which is a 97% and failed audit.

Wow, thanks. I think I'll pass. n/m - looking

[ In Reply To ..]
no msg

Similar Messages:

Being A Flexible MT
Apr 03, 2012

I interviewed this morning for a transcription position that I will need to be flexible for front and back office backup. This interests me and I am very interested in it as I think MTs need to be more flexible in this day and age. This is a sole FP physician and she does do EMR but also keeps her own chart record by using the sticky back paper. So she does double duty. I believe this is a wonderful idea and will keep some of us MTs working into the future. She always has the record there w ...

Optiscript - How Flexible?
Nov 18, 2011

Can anyone shed light  on how flexible optiscript in State College is?  I read on here how the unit manager will work with you if you need to change a schedule or need time off, but if you give an 8 hour schedule do they mind if you do not always adhere to it minute by minute or do they give you a little room to breathe.  I heard they have split shifts but just wondering how strict they are with the schedules you give.  TIA. ...

FLEXIBLE HOURS
Aug 24, 2012

If you are considered an independent contracter, can these companies require you to do the work on set hours?  It seems to me they could be a little more flexible with the hours. I realize there is a turn around time, but a block of time would be nice. Where are all the companies like this?? ...

PT Flexible Positions
May 25, 2015

Are they any companies that require you just to work a set amount of lines per day without a set schedule? And that are hiring? TIA ...

Nuance Flexible Schedules?
Apr 24, 2012

I am due to join this company due to merger.  Can someone please tell me if they offer any kind of flexible schedule?  Thank you in advance. ...

Flexible Work Schedule?! Not In My BOB.
Apr 17, 2013

x ...

Positive Was Flexible Schedule? Who?? Not Me.
Apr 17, 2013

nm ...

What Companies Are More Flexible With Their Hours/schedules
Aug 04, 2010

I read a post on one of the boards yesterday by someone who was asking what companies are more flexible with their hours/schedules, etc.  Wanted to read responses and cannot find the original post to save my soul!!  Anybody know what board it is on? Thanks ...

Any Companies Offer Flexible Schedules?
Dec 28, 2011

Just wondering if there are any companies out there that offer flexible schedules.  I am currently a substitute teacher, so I don't have a set schedule for work.  I have about 5 years of transcriptions experience and would like to pick up about 15-25 hours of transcribing per week, but I don't want a set schedule.  Any ideas?  Thanks! ...

Rezziliant Transcription - How Flexible Is Their Scheduling?
Mar 30, 2012

Does anyone know anything about this company?  How flexible is their scheduling?  Thanks! ...

Procedure: Flexible Cystoscopy, Complex Urodynamics,
Oct 30, 2009

s/l "cautious flow EMG"  Also what does EMG electromyelogram?  ...

Who Is More Flexible Scheduling: Command Health Or SoftScript? Nm
Feb 05, 2014

nm ...

Independent Contractor - Must Have Flexible Schedule To Qualify For IC Status
Mar 11, 2010

I am thinking about pursuing a job as an independent contractor as I am retired and want something to do more than the money (retired hospital transcriptionist). It is my understanding that an IC must have flexible schedule to qualify for IC status, yet the job ads specify second and third shift as well as weekend days. Can they do this? I know the government is cracking down on ICs to make sure they are truly ICs (we all know the transcription companies will do everything to preserve their bo ...

Companies With Employee Status That Offer Flexible Schedules?
Aug 05, 2012

I know this has probably been asked so many times on this board, but I am currently working for a company as an employee, full time, and I'd really like to move on. I've been there 6 years and the only thing that is holding me back right now is the fact that I need to have a flexible schedule and I don't really want IC status.  Right now, I work 2 hours in the morning and 6-7 hours in the evenings. However, if one of my kids has a dance class or karate in the evening and I&# ...

Sounds Like Pecothalax Prep For A Flexible Sigmoidoscopy. Anyone Ever Hear Of It?
Jul 30, 2013

I never have and I have had a gastroenterology side job for years. ...

MModal Employment Ad Up - States Flexible Hours (afternoon & Evening)
Sep 28, 2012

Didn't know we had flexible hours. ...

Proscript Anyone??
Mar 01, 2012

Does anyone have any current information and/or experience with this company? Good, bad, ugly, IC/employee, line rate, environment, etc. Thanks!! ...

Go To ProScript?
Jan 27, 2013

I'm thinking of leaving a company for ProScript....any thoughts? ...

Proscript Anyone?
Jul 18, 2013

Thinking of applying at Proscript.  Can anyone tell me the pay, benefits, QA, etc?  Also, I am planning on working night shift, so do they run out of work often at night or is the work plentiful and is there a night shift diff?  TIA. ...

Old W2 From PROSCRIPT?
Apr 07, 2014

Does anyone have an old W2 from PROSCRIPT? Trying to locate their employer ID number for old taxes. ...

Proscript Pay
Aug 30, 2014

Does anyone know the current rate of pay for Proscript?  Thanks in advance. ...

Proscript Any Info?
Jan 04, 2010

Anyone know anything about Proscript?  Was this once a company called Interpro?  Need info as soon as you can and thanks!!!  ...

Still Happy At ProScript?
Feb 12, 2010

Is there anybody that is still happy at ProScript? ...

Proscript - Any Of You Out There That Work For PS?
Mar 11, 2010

I recently went to work with Proscript after 9 years of hell at Spheris and 1 year of the same thing with Medquist and I love it.  I have a great hospital, great supervisor and flexilbility.  I do work evenings though and that is my choice.  The system is pretty decent.  I can see a few things I would like to change, but for the most part, it's not bad.  Money, (are we getting paid for this?), seems about the same, but I am still learning the account, so I don't feel I am up to sp ...

Information About ProScript?
May 09, 2010

Anyone have any information about ProScript? ...

Anyone Work For Proscript And Do You Have A Second Job SM
May 14, 2010

If so, where, I run out of work continuously. I'm not bashing anyone, just dont think I should keep all my eggs in one basket and would like to see what others have done. Thanks. ...

Proscript - Warning!
Jul 13, 2010

This is for anyone thinking of going to work for Proscript (I understand that they are advertising):   This is NOT the Proscript that was a great, great company to work for some years ago.  That crew was the old ddi crew and they brought the ddi corporate culture with them:  Fair to clients, fair to employees, and they valued their employees equally with their clients.  They would attempt to work with an MT to see how to get any problems resolved.  &n ...

Does Anyone Work For Proscript?
Aug 05, 2010

Does anyone work for Proscript?  I read where they were hiring, but I also heard they have no work, once you start working for them.  Just wondering if I should waste my time with another disappointing company, that offers so much and delivers so little and we are hung out to dry. ...

Anyone Know Anything About ProScript? Just Curious
Sep 08, 2010

I haven't heard much about them. ...

Proscript Documentation
Sep 16, 2010

Does anyone know if Proscript Documentation is the same company as Proscript?  I once worked for Proscript and I just applied at Proscript Documentation and took their test and realized it was the same account I worked on with the other PS.  Are they related?  I know Proscript does overflow work and I am wondering if they are a subsidiary of PS Documentation.  ...