A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

QA inbox after midnight/spellcheck not saving - rock bottom

Posted: Feb 28, 2015

Hello,

Well at 12:08 a.m. on 02/28, I had 99.03%. At noon on 02/28, somehow another QA audit showed up in my inbox.

The reason why I distinctly remember this report is because 1) it was one of the last reports I did on 02/26 (notice it took 2 days to get to my inbox), and I laughed hysterically at what ASR put before I changed it during spellcheck (yes I did not catch it until spellcheck). However, I changed it during spellcheck, and lo and behold it never saved.

This particular spellcheck not saving has happened before, but I was told that cannot be. Spellcheck always saves. This time I am absolutely sure it did NOT save.

So, QA managed to bump me all the way off the grid.

Have any of you had problems with you KNOW you changed it during spellcheck but it did not save?

Why does it take 1-1/2 days for QA audit to end up in my inbox? Too late for reversal request. Transcribed on 02/26, they must have audited it at midnight on 02/27 because I checked FIESA when I logged of at 12:08 a.m. on 02/28, and it was NOT there. It was there at noon on 02/28.

So anybody else having a long time to get an audit into your inbox?

BTW, I have yet to get the FIESA QUALITY ALERT 3.0 CPSE in my e-mail inbox. Still has not arrived yet. Suppose I will get that next week.

Spellcheck not saving and then some! - Delta Blues

[ In Reply To ..]
I too have been having issues with the spell check not saving and have actually been seeing where changes I made during editing have not saved either! I thought it was just me until I read your post! This does not happen every time but it happens too often.

It has happened to me too, it is not your imagination..nm - AnotherAnon

[ In Reply To ..]

I noticed twice last week spell check - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
did not pick up errors in VR text that were fairly common medical words. I checked my word expansion and it was correct there. When I tried to correct the errors, they just reverted back to the incorrect form. Earlier in the week I had received a QC error on a "spelling error" that it did not seem possible that I had made. Yup, there is something strange with spell check. I often wonder if it is intentional.

Happened to me once, right before my eyes! It was an MD name. - It reverted back

[ In Reply To ..]
Before I even started the next sentence...makes you wonder how bad a software megagiant's software can be?

Oh, but then again, their software and the need to perfect it is the ONLY reason they ever started buying MTs.

Cheapest software engineers imaginable.

Similar Messages:

Midnight Shift
Jan 25, 2014

Hey fellow MTs, is there work on the midnight shift?  It seems that during the day there should be doctor's dictating all day, so why is there no work?  Is MM delegating the work to certain MTs?  Does anyone really know what is going on?  It would be nice if they let us know what is happening.  Is all the work really going to India because they are cheaper...or ? ...

Midnight Giggles: I Had To Laugh When I Saw The -sm
Jan 28, 2010

ad over in the left-hand margin for "Feed The Pig".org .... with a picture of a big, pink pig in a suit, and a hand dropping money into its head.  Pretty appropriate, don't you think?  When we work for these MTSO's for peanut-pay and little or no benefits, that's what we're doing:  FEEDING THE PIG. ...

Holiday Pay - - Does It Start At Midnight?
Jul 03, 2013

Does anyone know if the holiday pay begins at midnight or 1:00 am?  ...

Landmark - Clock In And Out Starting Today At Midnight?
Mar 01, 2013

Has anyone else at LM been informed that we now have to clock in and out starting today at midnight?  I got an email yesterday that there are now federal government regulations requiring us to do so.  Fact?  I've searched and cant find anything about that.  ...

Changes Made To ASR Not Saving
Mar 01, 2015

Aside from erasing the ASR text and typing the entire report myself, how can I know that the system is saving my changes? I am absolutely certain that changes I made are not being saved, and thus showing up as errors on QA reports. Some of which I am absolutely 100% certain I corrected the text, but alas the corrections are not saving. So, once again, I am completely off the grid. Perhaps I should do a Control-J on enterprise to check the text? Should I do Control-S to save and then do contro ...

VR Not Saving My Edting Changes. Using Editscripts. Sm
Jan 30, 2010

I am using Editscripts. Some of the changes I make the system does accept, but some it doesn't. How do I fix that? Even when spell checking I get some kind of message that says that it has skipped some that are protected (something like that). Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Saving Autocorrect Entries
Jan 19, 2011

I sure hope there is someone out there who can help me.  I work in MS Word 2002.  I am trying to save all of my hundreds of autocorrect, autotext, etc entries onto a CD so in case something happens to my computer I would have all of these.  I have been on the internet to find out how to do this and everything I find is long and complicated.  Does anyone know a SIMPLE way to do this?  Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

Saving Files In MS Word...please Help.
Jul 08, 2012

I am trying to test for a company but I need to save the files from the email that was sent to me in an MS Word folder to my desktop and i need to take the test  in word.  I have Vista on my computer.  I have the MS office directory but not sure exactly how to do this.  Does anyone know how I can save these filles this so I can take the test.  I do not think I will get a response from the email for steps on how to do this as today is Sunday.  Thank you soo ...

ASR Not Saving Problem Found By IT
Mar 02, 2015

To those following. It turns out on windows last update, it snuck some add-on in that was possibly interfering with saving changes to my reports. When IT took that add-on off, the system started saving my changes correctly again. Because I am very certain the 'error' that I got a 3.0 CPSE for I did change but the change did not save, I am thinking of bringing this up with my TSM. They want us to update windows for security reasons, and so I do. I did not know that windows can sneak i ...

Part Time And Saving For Retirement
Dec 17, 2009

I'm thinking of going part time at my job so I can do something else on the side.  However, I won't be able to have a 401K or PTO.  I get medical and dental benefits through my husband's work, so that doesn't matter.  For any part timers out there, what do you do to save for retirement?  ...

Why Are Macros Easier Than Saving In AutoCorrect?
May 19, 2011

I need all the help I can get.  ...

Saving/printing A Copy Of AutoCorrects?
Aug 07, 2012

Does anyone know how to copy your AutoCorrects (I have Word 2010) into a list form that can be put in a document and emailed? I am clue.less. on this.  Any help appreciated! ...

ChartNet And Saving Unfinished Reports
Mar 21, 2013

I am new to ChartNet.  I am not finished with a report... and want to shut down my computer and then finish the report in the morning.  But when I try to exit ChartNet it says to delete it or finish it... what do I do.... I want to go to bed, lol.... ...

Daylight Saving Time Question...what Do You Do? TSM Not Much Help. SM
Nov 01, 2014

I am 8 pm to 4 am EST.  Since we fall back tonight, do I stay on until 4 am even though we gain an hour?  or would the 8 hours be up at 3 am  TSM just said work until 8 hours is achieved, but that doesn't tell me what time.  Thanks! ...

Prevent Accidentally Saving Over Template
May 10, 2015

I have tried to train my brain to use Save As to prevent saving over my templates but I still save over them all too often.  I am using Instant Text but still don't have shortcuts for a lot of my doctors in there yet.  Any advice is much appreciated. ...

Saving Shorthand File To Flash Drive
May 11, 2013

Can anyone tell me how to save my shorthand file to a flash drive?  Thanks. ...

Spellcheck
Mar 26, 2014

Looking for some ideas on the best spellcheck and best price.   ...

Spellcheck Not Working
Feb 19, 2010

Help!!  All of a sudden my Spellcheck quit working on Word 07.  I have check the Options and it is Checked off to check spelling while I type.  It is not underlining anything in Red at all.  The Grammar check is working.  I also have Dorlands Medical Dictionary installed.  I don't know what to do!!  I would appreciate any ideas.  Thanks ...

Stedmans Spellcheck
Jun 14, 2011

Curious if anyone knows where I can get a good price on the Stedmans Medical Spellcheck CD-ROM?  I am starting a new MT job at home and was thinking about purchasing this for my home computer. Thanks! ...

Spellcheck Editscript V10
Mar 15, 2012

I am using Editscript V10 with Word 2010. I do not have any expander softwore. Right click does not work and suggestion box for spellcheck pops up and goes away very fast. There was a post by Lori about this and everybody was suggesting tech help. Lori, if you see my msg, pls let me know how to solve this problem.   ...

Spellcheck/dictionary Help.
Aug 27, 2012

My computer crashed this weekend and I lost everything.   I need a spellchecker word list for MS Word 2007 and Shorthand version 9.  Please help me fellow MTs!  Thanks in advance. ...

Docscribe 7 Spellcheck - Need Help
Nov 06, 2012

I'm using Docscribe 7.1 and spellcheck is not putting the red line under a word when it is misspelled.  How do I get it to put the red line under? ...

Stedman's Spellcheck
Dec 11, 2014

Does anyone know if Stedman's Spellchecker 2008 works on Windows 8?  TIA. ...

Spellcheck On Enterprise 5
May 22, 2015

Hello, Been round and round on this for many years. To date, I have had 4 major errors because these words pass through spellcheck (so they must be in the main dictionary) and should be removed because they are not correct.  I've been back and forth with IT regarding the issue and support regarding the issue, and the words are still in spellcheck. I have looked through my entire dictionary. They are not in my dictionary. 1)  Loratidine.  Should be loratadine. (Last year I ...

Enterprise 5 Spellcheck Help Please
May 23, 2015

Hi, Posted below the issue and didn't get much advice. Really need advice on how to either delete these myself or get IT or support to do it as they said they would but didn't. The errors are not in my spellcheck that I can find in user dictionary so they must be in main dictionary. Anyone who has found a way to get IT or support to do their job and remove spellcheck errors in the dictionary, please please let me know. To date, I have had 4 major errors because these words pass th ...

Free Medical Spellcheck?
Nov 26, 2009

anyone know of any good, reliable free medical spellcheck i can download? i am using word 2007 right now.   thanks :o)   crystal ...

Spellcheck On Word Perfect
Feb 08, 2010

Question...on Word Perfect, if you use spellcheck and have some "shortcuts" created, i.e., "DD:" to expand to "Dictated by" how can you keep it from expanding it as it goes thru the document?  Hope this makes sense.   Thanks!! ...

Spellcheck Not Checking CAPS
Feb 23, 2010

My spellchecker is not checking for words in all caps, such as in headings.  I have Windows XP and Word.  Does anyone know where I am supposed to look to find and correct this?  I know this probably sounds dumb to you smart MTs out there, but I really just don't know where to look and how to fix this.  Thank you in advance for any help you can give me. ...

Does Anyone Use A Different Medical Spellcheck Program
Aug 17, 2014

I simply do not have the money for steds, nor do I want to give them my business.   I'm wondering if anyone found or uses a different medical word spelllcheck program,  and do you like it, is it helpful or accurate?   Thanks much.   ...

Medical Spellcheck Program For Word?
Jan 08, 2013

Hi all  Can someone recommend me a good program to get for microsoft word 2010 that will allow Word to check the spelling of medical words? Any help is appreciated, thanks ...