A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Probity offering subsidy since sold to Nuance. - rumor or fact?

Posted: Jan 05, 2014

Is that typical for when a company is sold? I had not heard of it before. When does Probity plan to go to speech recognition? I see they have an ad on another site. Do new employees applying at Probity get the subsidy as well?  I wonder if it is worthwhile to apply and work for them for the life of the subsidy (6 months) and then quit. Anyone from Probity have any insight on this? 

I am Probity... what subsidy are you - talking about?

[ In Reply To ..]
I've heard nothing of this. I also am wondering how can "Probity" put out job ads when there is no more "Probity." They are Nuance now. Isn't that a bait and switch?

As far as speech recognition, I would also like to know that, but I cannot get an answer.

They did this with Webmedx - after 6 months look out

[ In Reply To ..]
They have to subsidize the employees who are bought out so they won't realize the wool is being pulled over their eyes and they have been sold into minimum wagery.

It is very wrong, actually. It is not just a merger or a change in management, you have been signed, sealed and delivered to the devil company and since it is really a completely new company they should not be able to get you without giving you the option to opt out and get UE while you look for a new job or get out of MT (since Nuance and MModal are buying everything up anyway).

We were getting paid a LOT more at Webmedx and once the 6 month subsidy was over, somehow that coincided with all the new and lovely practices of getting your low pay further hacked to death by FIESA in addition to all the logging in, logging out, checking, fighting FIESA, etc., all on your own time.

If there is any way to opt out (which we were not offered, we were pretty much told take it or leave it and if you leave it buh-bye, no mention of UE) and get UE it would be worth a try.

Does Probity not even have SR? Wow, I cannot imagine that will last long, and the first 6 months were pretty awful with those of us from Webmedx - the SR we had with them was far superior (still is actually) to the one we had to train up when we started, so even though we were getting subsidized for that 6 months, line counts were much lower than we were used to because of training the SR and it being such a clunker. I used to easily top 300 lph with WMX and now I am lucky to get much higher than 200.

They do not invest in making the changeover smooth either. Anything that costs you time is not a factor in their decisions, they simply do not care. As long as they patchwork together what they want from the company they have bought and force the employees to merge into their system, the fact you have to double log in and out, your software is clunky and slow, simply matters not one bit to them.

On that note, maybe things will go easier for you than they did for us. I hope so. Just be aware things definitely don't get better, only worse and worser.

Same Here - Fedup2

[ In Reply To ..]
Same situation with the Transcend "merger". They do this so there is not a mass exodus of MTs. It doesn't seem so bad during the subsidy period. All they while they assure you that nothing will change "for now" or in the "foreseable future". Just prior to the subsidy running out, there will be a webinar. You'll learn about the AMAZING bonus opportunities available to you, which is how they justify the huge pay cuts. Amazing bonus opportunities. Yeah, right.

We were acquired also by Nuance. - horribleexperience

[ In Reply To ..]
Watch out for their key words "competitive pay" = pay cut, "excited" = suits are getting a lot more money at the expense of the MT, "nothing will change" = at least until they know you can't collect UE insurance, bonus "opportunity" = no chance in hell you will get a bonus if they can help it.
LOL! - Thanks for the chuckles
[ In Reply To ..]
You are adept at Nuancespeak.

Merger victim... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
My pay cut was $1100-1400/month. They are shysters. I'm trying to get out.

It is true - Boostedmom

[ In Reply To ..]
Those of us who are currently Probity employees will be getting a subsidy paid every 2 weeks until June. Very nice, thank you, but I would have rather that you hadn't sold out in the first place. So far it's been relatively quiet, just a few things like WebClock. They haven't hit us with FIESA yet, but when they do I won't be one of the ones playing that game. I'm pretty sure if you were to be hired by them right now you wouldn't be eligible for any subsidy. As for voice wreck, I was told platform change is a ways off but I don't ever believe anything anymore. I've been through this all before, Medquist, Transcend, and now the big Nuance. Just sticking around as long as I can make enough money (which I can) and they leave me alone. If they start asking me to do things that are not compensated the answer is no, no, no, don't f**k with me!

Here, Here! - onmywayout

[ In Reply To ..]
I couldn't agree with you more. I'm dreading the changes but am hoping to be out of here before too long. Nuance's reputation precedes them. I've been reading the bad news about them for long enough to know that all the promises of "nothing will change" are empty. I also will not play their games. Hoping to be out of this stink pit very soon.

I remember that "subsidy" - Still cranky still on the beach

[ In Reply To ..]
I was one of the many sold down the river by Transcend, and the "subsidy" was more or less a bribe, trying to prevent us all bailing out at once. I don't remember all the details, and I quit a week before the platform change last March. The last straw for me was their insistence that I show up at 7 a.m. ON MY DAY OFF for platform installation and training (or I wouldn't be allowed to work the next day). This after they never responded to my multiple requests that they approve the time for my already-paid-for-and-nonrefundable cruise vacation that they had known about for 8 months, plus my request for unpaid leave as soon as I got back so I could clear out my late mother's house and get it ready for sale. I finally said, I AM going on that cruise, and I AM taking time off to pack up the house, and then they pulled the come-in-on-your-day-off thing and I said so long, it ain't been nice knowin' ya.

But even before all the other crap, my primary account (which per client agreement was NOT supposed to be offshored) had dwindled down to almost nothing, and those of us that were left had to scramble for the few jobs that popped in. That used to be an account that offered overtime almost every week. I can't prove it, but if the jobs weren't going offshore, where WERE they going??

Boostedmom, when you get to the point of telling them to f*** off, are you going to sell tickets? I'd like to watch. :D :D :D

You are too funny Cranky! - Boostedmom

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, the secret is already out and HR at Nuance (hi Laura!) know who I am from the 2 items I posted the other day (received an email this morning). It will probably have to be a free show, no ticket sales. :(

Similar Messages:

Former Probity Now Nuance
Jan 27, 2014

Any former Probity now Nuance employees get their W2s yet?  I've checked the Workforce now whatever that is for W2s and there is nothing there.  Since we were with Paychex until near the end of December, Paychex should be sending them out, right?  I cannot get my TSM, or whatever they are called now, to answer me. Thanks in advance. ...

Probity-Nuance Merge
Feb 11, 2014

Any comments from present or former employess or either Probity or Nuance?   ...

Heard Nuance Acquired Probity
Aug 28, 2013

A friend who works for Probity says they were informed today they were sold to Nuance.  I checked Google and there is no official report of this yet, but thought I would warn anyone applying to Probity trying to get away from Pukenance! ...

Wow...Nuance Acquired Probity? Look Out MModal..
Aug 29, 2013

I can't wait to see who wins the war and which one is left standing.  Two classic examples of money hungry, worthless management companies I have EVER worked at.  I hope they BOTH wind up in the trash can bankrupt.  I only wish MTs could band together and make that happen sooner rather than later.  This is all just so senseless.  Ruination of lives..... ...

Probity/Nuance Data Breach
Jun 09, 2014

Anyone get a notice of data security incident from PayTime regarding a hackers getting payroll information on MTs? OMG the list of information they got for me includes SS#, direct deposit bank account, DOB, phone number, home address, hire date, wage information . . . This is just so frustrating!! ...

Subsidy On Pay Stub
Jun 06, 2015

I was recently looking over my pay stubs and noticed there was a subsidy amount for the first 3 months of 2013. Does anyone remember what that was for?   ...

Probity - Any Current Information On Probity?
Feb 09, 2012

Does anyone have any current information on Probity?  I was just offered a job and would like some information before I accept.  There weren't many current posts when I searched.  Thank you! ...

SOLD AGAIN
Nov 21, 2011

Well, for the second time in not too many years I have been sold to MEDQUIST..............WTH???? No, I am not going to work for you no matter how many times you buy the company I work for.  I would rather work at McDonalds or be a door greeter at Wal Mart.   ...

TCI Got Sold??
Feb 26, 2013

I don't work for TCI every day but I just read my email and there were notes that it either lost the account and then one said it was sold and the account I was on wasd deactivated? Does anybody know anything about this? ...

When A Company Is Sold, What Happens To The
Oct 04, 2010

to the owners.  Are they still involved, or when the MTs find out about the company being sold, are nowhere to be found for questioning.  I would like to know how long the original owners are involved when they announce they sold the company, i.e., Encompass bough by Nuance.  I have not heard a peep from the owner and wondered what the heck is going on. Dusting off the resume. ...

Keystrokes May Be Sold?
Jul 29, 2011

Does anyone get the feeling that Keystrokes may be sold? ...

My Company Just Got Sold
Jan 21, 2014

I am relieved.  I am going to file for unemployment then get another job. I am not sad at all. I spent 14 years doing this job. I was getting bored anyway. PS: It was to MModal.   ...

Transportal Being Sold? Sm
Mar 18, 2015

Heard a rumor that Transportal is being sold out to Scribe and Scribe is supposed to be hiring the MTs from Transportal. Anyone else hear about this? TIA ...

JLG Sold To MQ 09/15. How Are Things Changing? Nm
Sep 30, 2011

nm ...

What About This! Trust In India Sold MM.
Jun 05, 2013

"The company has sold part of it's holding in its subsidiary viz Godrej Agrovet Limited, entire holding in M'Modal Inc and its joint venture company viz Godrej Hershey Limited," the filing added.   http://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/godrej-industries-q4-net-at-rs-93-67-cr-113052800949_1.html ...

Alpha Sold By Imedx To Trio
Jan 01, 2015

That was fast!  http://www.imedx.com/news/trio-consulting-acquires-alpha-transcription-imedx I also found an interesting article on the legalities of small VA contractors winning contracts as a "small" business while combined with huge businesses... http://www.njit.edu/ptac/veterans It appears that Alpha is separating from huge, Indian-owned Imedx, so hopefully the complaints filed with the contract officers and DOL were starting to sink in.  ...

Medical Records Info Sold On The Internet
Jun 19, 2013

On the Los Angeles news tonight. ...

Keystrokes Just Bought The Company I Work For. Are All Small Companies Being Sold?
May 31, 2011

I like that I will be an employee and that the office people are staying on with them.  I hope that this is good and that they don't try to get rid of us; I really love the account I am on.  Anyone else from MED-X here? ...

VBC Job Offering
May 12, 2015

Definitely agree wtih poster on job board about no VBC, offering 7 cpl without spaces is absurd.  I love op reports and am local to the job posted but once I saw it ws 7 cpl VBC I was definitely not interested.  That would be equal to maybe 5.25 cpl with spaces, take out taxes and you are down to about 3.5 maybe, what else can they take? ...

Landmark Offering 3 Cpl And So Does TTS.
Dec 07, 2012

No jobs out here and what does one do as they are offering us 3 cpl but then you know they want the weekend coverage and the 2nd shift because those are the worst.  Oh, but you can get a 1/2 a penny more?  What is a half of a penny?  Maybe in another country, but surely not here where it is hard to live on minimum wage.  Then supply your own equipment.  Augh.  Plus look at their test?  I'd be a nurse then...and be more respected and can save a life.  ...

So MM Is Offering 7 And 3 To New Hires Now??
Apr 18, 2013

As per the post below, 7 and 3 pennies per line.  Seriously, when will the madness end?! They have got to stop treating us like "typists." Actually, even a typist would make more than that.  You'd be making like 7 bucks an hour!! Oh I am just hopping mad right now. This company is just appalling.  Glad I am planning my escape. ...

MMoral Is Now Offering 7 And 3???
Apr 18, 2013

their souls to the devil. And may they burn in eternal damnation in flaming hell, all of 'em ...

Job Offering On For The Record
Mar 21, 2014

See link below... ...

US Transcription Offering 5 Cpl With Benefits
Oct 28, 2009

Would you go for it?  5 cpl with benefits?  Not medical transcription but other work. ...

Transcription Doctors Offering 2.5 VR. Can You Believe That.
Jun 17, 2011

Now they got it down to 2.5 for VR.  Unbelievable. ...

Q Re Pay. Co. Offering $1.50/page For Training, Then
Apr 04, 2011

Paying by page, not by line. ...

MM Offering Coding Training
Mar 10, 2014

it says if we qualify we will have three months of training, then spend three months in their apprentice program, and then will be given positions with them as coders.  We then have to work for them for 2 years or pay back for the program.  It doesn't talk about compensation or any certification.  Do you think this is a good idea? ...

MedINK Offering To Pay $.50 Per QA File?? OMG!
Jul 07, 2014

I truly hope that this company receives ZERO response to their RIDICULOUS job offer.  For the work I've done this morning in approximately 2 hours, working for them I would have made $12.50.  That would have garnered me MUCH less than minimum wage instead of the just under $50 I thankfully made NOT working for MedINK.  UGH!  I feel better now having vented LOL! ...

Has Anyone Seen The Post By S Mounce Offering
Apr 11, 2015

$2 per patient?  WOW is all I can say!!! ...

Company Offering QA 3 Cents Per 65 VBC Line?
Aug 02, 2010

Those are slave wages to a highly experienced QA person.  What is the industry stooping to these days? ...