A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Alpha sold by Imedx to Trio - stillMTing

Posted: Jan 01, 2015

That was fast! 

http://www.imedx.com/news/trio-consulting-acquires-alpha-transcription-imedx

I also found an interesting article on the legalities of small VA contractors winning contracts as a "small" business while combined with huge businesses...

http://www.njit.edu/ptac/veterans

It appears that Alpha is separating from huge, Indian-owned Imedx,

so hopefully the complaints filed with the contract officers and DOL were starting to sink in. 

wages - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
So, I wonder if that means they will pay according to the Service Contract Act ;)

Alpha - anyone still with them? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Well I was let go right before all this happened and because of all this. Does anyone know how it is being run now? Is it worth "re"-applying? Who is still with them after the acquisition?

Much better company! - Relieved

[ In Reply To ..]
The new ownership is fantastic! That nutjob CEO is out. Company looks like it's starting to grow.

Similar Messages:

IMedx/Alpha
Sep 16, 2014

Anybody worked or work for iMedx/Alpha Transcription? Are you having issues with decreased pay and switching accounts? ...

Alpha/iMedX
Oct 24, 2014

An acquaintance of mine got this message from Alpha (now owned by ImedX). There has been a lack of work since ImedX took over countless VA hospitals that used to be handled by Alpha.  In short, U.S. Government is now paying a foreign company, using taxpayer money, while causing unemployment for Americans, and the so called Americans working for Alpha/ImedX are assisting them. As you know, the workload for the accounts in which you are providing services has been low over the past several month ...

Alpha Transcription/Imedx
Aug 01, 2014

Anyone happy with Alpha Transcription/Imedx currently?  I thought about working with them but read on another MT site there's a lot of changes going on without any notice.  ...

Alpha/iMedX Work
Aug 23, 2014

Anyone working on Alpha VA accounts have work pick up or not? ...

I'm Confused - Does IMedx Own Alpha Transcription?
Feb 07, 2014

nm ...

Alpha/IMedX Employee Classification
Aug 12, 2014

Just got a letter from the IRS saying they concluded that I performed services (2013) for the firm (Alpha) as an employee! So looks like Alpha and their COO and CRO "team" weren't playing by the rules, although their webpage currently boasts Ms. CRO "ensured compliance with Federal law and managing the payroll benefits for IMedX" in her bio. I see their new webpage no longer has IMedX attached to it--what's up with that anyone know? ...

SOLD AGAIN
Nov 21, 2011

Well, for the second time in not too many years I have been sold to MEDQUIST..............WTH???? No, I am not going to work for you no matter how many times you buy the company I work for.  I would rather work at McDonalds or be a door greeter at Wal Mart.   ...

TCI Got Sold??
Feb 26, 2013

I don't work for TCI every day but I just read my email and there were notes that it either lost the account and then one said it was sold and the account I was on wasd deactivated? Does anybody know anything about this? ...

When A Company Is Sold, What Happens To The
Oct 04, 2010

to the owners.  Are they still involved, or when the MTs find out about the company being sold, are nowhere to be found for questioning.  I would like to know how long the original owners are involved when they announce they sold the company, i.e., Encompass bough by Nuance.  I have not heard a peep from the owner and wondered what the heck is going on. Dusting off the resume. ...

Keystrokes May Be Sold?
Jul 29, 2011

Does anyone get the feeling that Keystrokes may be sold? ...

My Company Just Got Sold
Jan 21, 2014

I am relieved.  I am going to file for unemployment then get another job. I am not sad at all. I spent 14 years doing this job. I was getting bored anyway. PS: It was to MModal.   ...

Transportal Being Sold? Sm
Mar 18, 2015

Heard a rumor that Transportal is being sold out to Scribe and Scribe is supposed to be hiring the MTs from Transportal. Anyone else hear about this? TIA ...

JLG Sold To MQ 09/15. How Are Things Changing? Nm
Sep 30, 2011

nm ...

What About This! Trust In India Sold MM.
Jun 05, 2013

"The company has sold part of it's holding in its subsidiary viz Godrej Agrovet Limited, entire holding in M'Modal Inc and its joint venture company viz Godrej Hershey Limited," the filing added.   http://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/godrej-industries-q4-net-at-rs-93-67-cr-113052800949_1.html ...

Medical Records Info Sold On The Internet
Jun 19, 2013

On the Los Angeles news tonight. ...

Probity Offering Subsidy Since Sold To Nuance.
Jan 05, 2014

Is that typical for when a company is sold? I had not heard of it before. When does Probity plan to go to speech recognition? I see they have an ad on another site. Do new employees applying at Probity get the subsidy as well?  I wonder if it is worthwhile to apply and work for them for the life of the subsidy (6 months) and then quit. Anyone from Probity have any insight on this?  ...

Keystrokes Just Bought The Company I Work For. Are All Small Companies Being Sold?
May 31, 2011

I like that I will be an employee and that the office people are staying on with them.  I hope that this is good and that they don't try to get rid of us; I really love the account I am on.  Anyone else from MED-X here? ...

Imedx And Moderator At MT Stars, Plz Ignore All Employees/posters Of Imedx
Feb 03, 2015

Moderator, please delete everything on your site that refers to Imedx, even this post of mine, it is only the right thing to do. I prefer to be angry and have no where to vent. Last week we were told by Op Mgr that "she has a call into the client about why volume is so low." Yesterday, we got a "yippee" from "her" about having a coupla hundred jobs ready. This morning, we got an email saying, "we need to make sure you have backup accounts now." I wont address the timesheet issue, I am still ...

If It Looks Like IMEDX, Talks Like IMEDX, It Is IMEDX
Feb 28, 2015

No one on this board seems to give specifics when they get canned from IMEDX. So my question is this: Can each person who got laid off/fired let us know more details. Were you PT or full time, did they call or did they email, did you have options, or just firing. How many lines did you do per day. Some of us may not be in your situation and you may have been just an employee that was not worth IMEDX's time and they got rid of you while they may keep all the others, or full timers. Details p ...

Alpha In MN
Jun 03, 2013

Anybody who works for Alpha in MN willing to answer a few newbie questions?  If yes, please e-mail me. Thanks for your time! ...

What Is Going On At Alpha?
Aug 04, 2014

Does anyone know what is going on at Alpha?  Apparently the let employees complete the last 2-week pay period without telling anyone that they had changed the way they were calculating the line counts.   ...

Anything About Alpha Transcription?
Jun 17, 2010

Does anyone know anything about Alpha Trancription? I have been talking with them. Are they a good place to work? ...

ALPHA Transcription Anyone?
Sep 15, 2010

Any current info on this company? What kind of platform? Good/bad mgmt? Work flow issues? ...

Alpha-fetoprotein
Sep 30, 2010

Is alpha-fetoprotein normally hyphenated? If so, why? Compound modifier for protein? ...

Alpha Transcription - Sm
Oct 18, 2010

Any info on how long from turning in your paperwork until you start training or hear from IT?  TIA. ...

What Is Up With Alpha Transcription?
Oct 21, 2010

I was just wondering if anybody knows what is up with Alpha.  Did they lose accounts?  No communications.  Shuffling people here and there. ...

Alpha - What A Joke
Feb 19, 2011

7.5 cpl for VBC - thanx but no thanx.  Do they think they are hiring MTs from out of the US with these wages?  Not this MT, that's for sure. Flat out refused prior to interview once rate was made known. ...

ALPHA Transcription?
May 18, 2011

Any info on ALPHA Transcription -- good, bad, or ugly?  Thanks. ...

Alpha Transcription, MN
Jun 09, 2011

Can anyone give any uptodate info on this company as far as platform and accounts.  Thanks much! ...

Anyone Have Low/no Work During The Day For Alpha Out Of MN Lately?
Jan 12, 2012

nm ...