A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Hahahahahaha! I just logged of Nuance - sm

Posted: Jan 28, 2013

one day about a month ago and never logged back on.  I didn't give notice.  I didn't tell anybody I was quitting.  I just logged off and stopped typing.

A week later, I got an e-mail that I had 3 Major errors.  Hmm...okay.

This week, I got a paycheck from them. Surprised

LOL, awesome. - We should all try this!

[ In Reply To ..]
Heck, maybe I'll finally get that bonus I haven't qualified for. LOL

Holy Crap - schnauzermom

[ In Reply To ..]
There is seriously something wrong with that company. Holy crap. I mean wow.

I will come out and say it. - see message

[ In Reply To ..]

The email you received stating you had major errors is just part of the operational procedure. The dept that is responsible for audits is not the same as the dept for which your TSM works. No surprise that you received customary feedback.

Your TSM rightly assumed that you would 1) Work your schedule, or 2) Give customary notice if you were quitting. After all, that is part of your contract. He/she will eventually notice that you are AWOL.

The level of unprofessionalism you demonstrate with your post is jaw dropping. Just my opinion.

Jaw dropping? - You must be easily jaw-dropped then

[ In Reply To ..]
if you think that was unprofessional. Just my opinion.

recovery from Stockholm syndrome - it can be done

[ In Reply To ..]
When another party violates the contract (think pay cuts, etc.)I don't think the contract is valid anymore.

That's my belief. I didn't agree to work for the wage they cut my pay to. - so they voided my contract

[ In Reply To ..]
Cutting pay just because they can and not because they're losing money is the unprofessional part. They get what they give.
I work for a different company that did that. The only - written documentation I have of my - S_M
[ In Reply To ..]
per-line pay is from the original company I signed on with years ago. Then, unfortunately, that company was bought out. Our pay has been cut drastically since then, but never did they ever give it to us in writing. They just called on the phone one day, out of the blue, and said, "Oh- by the way, everyone (all MTs, that is!) is getting their pay reduced because we're switching to VR, and VR is so fantastic, so magical, that even at fewer cents per line, you will all become millionaires." Or something to that effect, anyway. The fact that they "nudged" me from day shift into almost-graveyard by simply making the work evaporate until later and later in the afternoon/evening, was never put on paper, either. Nor was the fact that they stopped paying for spaces, or stopped paying shift differentials. It all just got mysteriously sneaked into our paychecks. I HATE THESE PEOPLE.
They WON'T put it in writing when they buy a company and cut pay. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
They don't want anyone to have a leg to stand on for unemployment, so they will not do it. As far as I'm concerned, my contract is the original one I signed and if they bought my company they bought my contract. They broke my contract with pay cuts, especially since my previous company was profitable so they didn't need to cut pay to be profitable. Back to my original thought though, when they cut Transcenders' pay, they gave us something in writing that said they estimated we'd lose $XXXXX on their new pay scale and that they would make up the difference for 6 pay periods. After that they were "confident" we'd be able to make up any differences through increases in production and quality. Biggest load of BS ever. Mine was $300 a pay period ($600 a month). Like I can much up by doing the equivalent of 2 more full days' worth of work without working any extra hours. It was a BS letter so we couldn't file unemployment because of the pay cut and put it all on us and made themselves look harmless. If you got a pay cut, it's your own fault for not stepping it up, essentially. To me, pulling that crap is 1000 times worse than the Kay cut itself and shows how underhanded and evil they are.
Excuse typos. Typing on phone. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I'm the original poster. They cut my pay 60% - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I gave them the same amount of notice they gave me before cutting my pay.

Good for you!! I plan to follow in your footsteps - as soon as possible! - Meerkat -nm

[ In Reply To ..]

unprofessionalism - Baffled

[ In Reply To ..]
My opinion too. I'm afraid to ask if she sent the check back for fear of the answer.

What contract? I have an old contract from my - company that was bought SM

[ In Reply To ..]
out that the terms of that contract are null and void at their doing, not mine. So again, what contract. A moral contract maybe? Good manners? Being treated like a professional and giving the same? When the other party violates any contract, moral or otherwise, how long can you keep up the facade of professionalism? I really resent your post.

That IS funny! Shows how discombobulated all of - these MTSOs are! When I leave, - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't intend to give any notice, either. Who cares about them? Even if I were a star employee, and jumped through all the "usual protocol" hoops before leaving, do you think they would give me a good word if another prospective employer were to call to inquire about my employment? Of COURSE they wouldn't! When I'm ready to go, it will be the same. Log out, UNINSTALL all their crap spyware (I mean transcription platform), and "adios muchachos!" Good bye and good riddance.

I think the sooner ALL of us get out of this field, and away from these dishonest employers, the better off we'll be. What happens to them, or to my accounts, I couldn't give a rat's you-know-what about.

I don't plan on giving notice either. nm - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]

no notice - anonymouse

[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance is a large company and it would look good on a resume. I'm just saying...
So is M*Modal, and I worked there the whole - time I was at Nuance
[ In Reply To ..]
x
she can still put it on her resume - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
I dunno.. the longer my resume showed I was an - MT there, the bigger chump I"d seem to be. (N/M)
[ In Reply To ..]

I too just walked away - Intolerant of Lies

[ In Reply To ..]

I applied, tested for, was interviewed, and hired for an hourly/administrative position with Nuance, but after all the software downloads, online training, and filling out legal paperwork... the day before I was scheduled to start working for them, they pulled the old familiar bait and switch... "I'm sorry, but that position has been filled.  Would you be interested in an MT position?"  I was furious that I had been duped but felt I had no choice except to take whatever income was available for the time being.  My former position had been dissolved due to lack of work at my old company, and the 3 administrative positions I had been offered from other companies (before I settled on Nuance) were also already filled. 

I had not been a straight MT for probably 15 years and it was physically hard for me to get back into the mode of just straight typing 8 hours a day, but I gave it my best shot.  However, in a matter of 2 months' time, I wasn't even making a pauper's income due to the extreme overstaffing and/or lack of work, even though I was continuously asking for new accounts to fill the void and even changed my shift twice hoping that would solve the problem of never having enough work.  I was good to get in 2 hours a day before they ran out of work during any shift I tried. 

Thus, I found another job and just didn't show up at Nuance one day.  The kicker?  It took them 2 WEEKS to realize I hadn't been clocking in.  Who wants to work for a company that doesn't even know you exist? 

That bait-n-switch they pulled on you was LOWER - THAN LOW! And, to do it - s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
after HIRING you for the administrative position, sounds just the eensiest bit ILLEGAL, to me.

it might be worth talking to a labor lawyer - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I do believe this hiring practice is illegal. It would be interesting to find out if you might be able to recover even nominal monetary damages. What they did really stinks, and impacted your livelihood significantly. Check it out, and good luck.

After W2, ME TOO! - fastfingers

[ In Reply To ..]
Got my W2, which was less than 1/2 what I made before Nuance. Since I saw the numbers, I've just been waiting for them to tick me off, which didn't take long. Left early last Saturday and am not looking back.

Did the same at Keystrokes - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
took em a month to miss me...LOL good thing I didnt die at the keyboard..

Back in the Stone Age (the 1970s), one of my - see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
co-workers just up and vanished... for TWO WHOLE YEARS! Boss never said anything, we all just assumed she had died, or was locked up in jail.

2 YEARS LATER, almost to the day, she walks into the office, unannounced, sits down at her desk and starts typing, as if no time has gone by at all! Boss comes in, looks over at her typing away at her desk, and says "Thank goodness XXXXXX is back! We have a backlog to catch up on!"

True story.

PS: And another coworker, who couldn't afford to - retire, actually died at her desk one day.

[ In Reply To ..]
Also a true story.

OK, I'm dying to know. What's the back story? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx
I don't know what you mean. What is a "back story"? - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
She wasn't responding to your post, she was - responding to another SM
[ In Reply To ..]
post. You can tell that by looking where it says "in reply to" at the top of the post. I would also love to know the back story. :) Please come back and spill.

Similar Messages:

Anybody Else Keep Getting Logged Out Of
Nov 03, 2010

Just started this morning.  I'll be in the middle of a report and it says my session time is up and logs me out.  What the???? ...

Can't Get Logged In
Jan 01, 2012

Being a holiday, I can't find anyone just yet to help me, but has anyone else had difficulty logging into olf eTransplus software (now with Medquist) to work???  TIA ...

Anyone Else Get Logged Out Of DQS?
Mar 25, 2012

Got a pop up that said my login time expired, and then it logged me out. I was almost finished with the job. Fortunately it gave me the same job and it had a recovery file. ...

I Am Now Logged Into DQS 7
Jun 08, 2012

downloading jobs now for a while with no jobs showing up.   Does that mean there are no jobs, or is  something wrong with it?   ...

Couldn't Get In, Now Saying I'm Logged In Elsewhere
Oct 07, 2010

x ...

Just Logged Off For The Last Time!
Jun 12, 2015

After 15 years with this company, I clocked out for the final time, gave my notice yesterday afternoon, and it feels so good. At the age of 49, I want you all to know, you are never too old to find something new.  I found a job with the Federal Govt.  It takes time, but be patient and apply for anything that sounds interesting to you, you'd be surprised at how many jobs there are available that you are qualified to do.  I have even found some transcription jobs available in ...

I Logged In To Find NJA This Morning.
Apr 14, 2010

WHAT IS GOING ON??? I have gotten NJA more often than I've worked for the past 2 weeks.  I can't go on like this anymore. I've been applying for other transcription companies all along, but today I have officially started looking outside my home.  The local hospital for starters, and then on from there. Where is all the work? ...

Got Logged Out Of DQS Saying I Am Not Scheduled To Work
May 19, 2010

Has this happened to anyone else today? I am scheduled to work and I was told I am restricted from accessing DQS ...

Got Booted Off And Now Telling Me I Am Logged In
Nov 18, 2012

and can't log in until I log off elsewhere???? Anybody else??   ...

Just Logged In To The New RecordsOne Site.....sm
Oct 01, 2014

All my accounts are still there?  WTF? ...

Do I Stay Logged Into Fluency
Oct 06, 2014

I figured it would just start working when the system comes up, that way I won't lose my last job? ...

DQS Down - Staying Logged In To Schedule Source
Jan 13, 2010

so I can document my down time and get paid.     ...

Haven't Logged On To Intranet For So Long, I Can't Remember UN Or PW...any Help On What We
Sep 27, 2013

nm ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

"Consider Returning To Nuance" - Just Received Email From Nuance
Jun 27, 2014

Wow. Posted this on company board but wanted to post here as well - some of you may feel vindicated. LPn ...

Nuance OSI
Apr 14, 2011

Any thoughts on this merger???? ...

Web/Nuance Ad
Sep 15, 2011

Does anyone know why the ad says "No inquiries from overseas" when they obviously offshore the work?  Anyone reading that would incorrectly assume they do not offshore.  I was reading an article in the newspaper that a journalist was talking about a few days ago regarding the hospital outsourcing to the Web/Nuance, and the spokesperson for the hospital said in the article that the company only employs US MTs.  ...

Nuance -?
Oct 08, 2011

xx ...

Nuance PTO ?
Oct 23, 2011

The ad Nuance has up says increased PTO.  Anyone willing to tell me what it is now. Also information on their bonus program would be helpful.  Thank you. ...

WMX/NUANCE Here It Is......
Nov 04, 2011

....First send us an email with fabulous Nuance ins (bad news) because they had to announce that due to open season. However at the same time telling us that the new pay structure (probably more bad news) will be announced at a later date but will be effective Jan 1 2012. Good way to keep us hanging on while they are so behind with their horrid platform. Guess what Nuance/Nuisance, it will not work as your reputation has gone from bad to worse and we are now realizing that the We ...

NUANCE/WMX
Nov 18, 2011

What do Nuance MT's get for editing and transcribing per line.   Thanks ...

WMX/Nuance Changes
Dec 06, 2011

If Webmedx does away with or changes their recently advertised "PRODUCTION BASED INCENTIVE" bonus and adopts the Nuance quality based bonus then this change may be considered by quite a few WMX employees as yet another cut in pay. I’m sure that there are quite a few MT’s currently at WMX that have a high QA average and are earning $300-$400 (some even more) in production incentive pay each pay period, which equates to $600-$800 per month. As an example, acco ...

QA Nuance
Dec 28, 2011

Did anyone hear anything about changes for QA.  I heard there was a webinar today? ...

Nuance W2s?
Jan 20, 2012

Has Nuance/Alphastaff released W2s yet?  Quit mid-December, have no idea.  Thanks! ...

For Nuance QA.. Sm
Mar 09, 2012

Is there a specific QA staff?  I was under the impression that the team managers did most of the QA.  Is that correct?  Or how is the QA done?  Someone said below that QA is paid hourly; I was under the impression it was cpl.  Any info on QA structure for Nuance would be helpful.  Thanks in advance.  ...

Does Nuance Have IC's
Mar 09, 2012

Does anyone know if Nuance hires IC's?  I could not find it anywhere.  It could be a solution for me if they do.  Thanx in advance. ...

Nuance Job
Mar 12, 2012

I have an interview this week with Nuance. Any advice on what to expect? I'm interviewing for an MT job and have been reading some posts on here about the company and it's not looking good. ...

Wmx/Nuance
Mar 12, 2012

Had our usual update this morning from my AM, one of the best IMO and the reason many of us stayed after Nuance took over. Then at 1:30 an e-mail that he is no longer with the company??? What is going on???  (DO) ...