A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

another strong arm F11 weekend reminder..sm - ratherbefishing

Posted: Apr 21, 2011

Another "strong" reminder about working Fri, Sat and Sun and also the F11 DO NOT DO IT! reminder by our CCM.  I would like to see a CORPORATE message on this, because I think, like the former post way below, some of the CCMs are misreading the dictate from corporate.  But of course, they are all off until next Tuesday.   Everyone have a Blessed Easter, Passover or Spring Celebration ---   Suits take advantage of the so-called Christian holiday, even though they may not be Christian or Jewish or Messianic Jewish.  

The only time I have used F11 was when there was an extensive standard and the ASR in NO WAY followed it. 

Sick of hourly changes and interpretations, it is like God's Word -- people all read something different when the message is actually all about LOVING each other... 

I can remember when there were hurricane and other natural disasters that affected us oldies.  An across the board memo was sent out that if anyone would like to work an extra hour or 2 for those impacted then it would be done.   A list was given at our local office, and you could pick one (or all) if you so desired.   I once had my CCM actually transcribe an entire 2 days while my husband was in ICU critical.  WOW!!  That is supporting your coworkers! 

Despite asking numerous times, I have never - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
been able to get an answer from my CCM as to when an F11 is warranted. Hmmm... How many corrections per line??? 3?? 5?? Never? There gets to be a point of making corrections that I want to be paid for my time! But who ever said the Q had any sense of fairness or care for us drones. The only place MQ says anything about F11 use is in the training video which basically amounts to never. It says to F11 if the report entirely bears no resemblence to the dictation and for any dictator standard to be inserted. I'm just too tired of all the "free" stuff I give the Q - searching for ADT without getting paid for it, adding cc without getting paid for it, along with the addresses for the cc; and some account profiles result in numerous cc required for every single report. Not that I would every make it these days, but there isn't even any incentive pay. With the latest F11 use threat, my counts will likely be even lower because of the increased time editing compared to saying enough! and hitting F11.

McDonalds had a job fair. At one site, there were 100 applicants for 3 positions. They pay $2 more an hour that I currently earn doing work that patient's lives depend on. I used to make a lot more than McDonalds' employees.

F11 not a solution for more pay - Mountain MT

[ In Reply To ..]
You do, I hope, realize that doing an F11 does not change the work type to straight transcription, so you are not making any more money by redoing the entire report instead of making corrections.

The reason the CCMs won't give you a definite number for the number of times you can F11 is because people will abuse it to that number. We shouldn't be using that. I have never, ever, ever found a dictation that warranted an F11. It really just sounds like a lot of sour grapes and that ya'll are so upset about pay, which trust me, I am too, but suck it up buttercup. You do have a choice and thankfully we have jobs. Many don't.

Uhh, yes F11 does change it to straight - transcription, buttercup

[ In Reply To ..]
Who are you to say we shouldn't be using F11, when it is even included in training. If it was not supposed to be used AT ALL, why would they have created it in the first place? Gheez, wise up, and if you have never, ever, ever had an ASR report that deserved an F11, you are one almighty lucky person, probably the only one in the company. Congrats! Actually, buttercup, you sound like the sour grape, and oh so willing to suck it up!
I don't think so either. Job still says (SR) in the - job line and I think
[ In Reply To ..]
will be figured at 60% ASR rate even if you F11 and type it. Doesn't take away the (SR) in the job line does it?
it may still say that, but check in line count - under detail to make sure
[ In Reply To ..]
If you do an F11 on a job, write down the job number and then after you upload, go into DocQmanage where you do your line counts and click on detail and then transcription to see if it is under your transcription rate or correction to see if it us under ASR rate.
Like other poster said, check under - the transcription
[ In Reply To ..]
line count for that job, it will be there.

Wrong - mes

[ In Reply To ..]
You most certainly do get straight line pay if you F11. If you don't want to use it, don't, but you should not tell other people that they don't get straight line rates for doing it because you do. Keep on doing that fantastic ASR you have, but the rest of us don't have it so well.
My point is this. sm - nowwhat
[ In Reply To ..]
Okay, I addressed this way down below. Though I DON'T like getting ASR, it is how this industry is going. I myself also do NOT use F11, as most reports I get (and I am a Tier 3 with everything) don't really merit a F11. The only time I get a report that is so fractured, every other word wrong identified by ASR and most especially when there is a standard to be used do I F11. We were told, unfortunately, that we are not even supposed to be using F11 for standards. Now that my friends is the utmost of Ridiculosity!!! The reasoning given by our CCM is so the ASR can be trained correctly, and it is instances as this that we are to create a QCare so the standards can be fixed to match the doctor and job type standard. (I have ice water I sell to the Eskimos too)!! Don't irritate our fellow MQers, we are all in the same boat. Telling someone to suck it up is condescending.
A helpful hint and one that I suggest. MQ just pay ASR rate, that way there is no way F11 could be abused by those few who would only use it to the max to get straight transcription rate. The future is ASR unfortunately, and all MTSOs are paying less for it. Not fair, but again look at it this way. We DO have a job and we DON'T have to pay the high price for gas to get to a job everyday.
LOL - mes
[ In Reply To ..]
Boy, you really do have a problem if you want them to stop allowing F11. That is really a stupid remark. How about I have you come clean my house and then have you clean my neighbors house with no extra money. I'll bet you would be glad to do it because you would have a job.
mes, did u think i was agreeing to stopping F11. sm - nowwhat
[ In Reply To ..]
absolutely not....
no - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
but you said stop paying transcription rate if you do. That's what you said.
Yes, you said that in your post - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
word for word "A helpful hint and one that I suggest. MQ just pay ASR rate, that way there is no way F11 could be abused by those few who would only use it to the max to get straight transcription rate.

Also, you told the poster telling someone to suck it up is condescending, and they weren't the one that said that. It was gold ole Mountain

I don't agree with you, just because we don't have to drive to work doesn't mean it's okay to cut our pay down to peanuts and we should just be thankful we have a job. I bet you do have some ice water for the eskimos!
OH MY GOSH!! You people are UNBELIEVABLE!!! sm - nowwhat
[ In Reply To ..]
A person cannot sympathize with anyone on here and not get flamed!!!
Yes, I DID say pay the ASR rate and use the F11. The only other option is TAKE THE F11 away, which they have, because people have misused it to get straight transcription pay. I DO NOT LIKE BEING PAID for my experience with
ASR pay, but that is what we are getting and the suits at MQ have no qualms or remorse over letting us go. ALL MTSOs are following in the 3-4 cents per line for ASR/VR.

I knew it was Mtn Gal who was the condescending one. I as much as told mes I did not mean that person.

The ice water for Eskimos was concerning how MQ says we are "training" ASR to put the standards and docs in correctly.

So, because some few choose to get around others of us who are trying to stay compliant in an ever almost impossible world that MQ has created for us by F11'ng to the max for that extra money (which in all rights we SHOULD be getting the big bucks for ASR) we have now lost another feature that might have helped not only us, but the ULTIMATE end that should be a priority in any MT/ME the CLIENT and the patient behind it.

NC has now cancelled ALL unemployment benefits, so being laid off in this state means even more stress. Also, give some compassion to the hundreds of people affected to the devastating tornadoes. I remember the old MQ and how much they helped me during a serious crisis. Unfortunately, it is gone.

I don't like what has happened to this company I have stayed with over 18 years, but I also know I need a job.

People who think I was being mean by saying give us ASR rate and be able to keep F11, please open your eyes and realize the entire industry is going to ASR and unfortunately MQ led the way in establishing the poor pay rate for ASR.

Anon, you constantly amaze me with your bashes. But then again, there is always someone on here who constantly needs to be a catalyst of chaos.

Sorry, but you don't make sense - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
The only other option is not to take F11 away, and no they haven't done that! Maybe a CCM did for their team, but that is it. If they took it away it would no longer work!

And I do feel compassion for the people in NC affected by the storms, but I don't know how that came into this.

I don't know how I constantly amaze you with my bashes, as I haven't posted on here for over a year. Have a good day! I plan to.
Confusing also to me... sm - nowwhat
[ In Reply To ..]
Okay, there are so many who choose to use anon as their nickname. I stand corrected you are not the anon we get constantly bashing.

Yes, I know F11 is still "working", but according to our CCM it is absolutely not, under any circumstances at all to be used. I said a long time ago, this is utter RIDCULOSITY! I agree, why have a feature and then not allow it to be used.

Why did I bring in about NC, because this is where I am from and I was simply stating the sadness I feel because MQ used to be so compassionate and cared about the welfare of US. That is a thing of the past, and actually it is the state of this world mostly. Just like NC taking away unemployment benefits.

It has become to the state, due to my health, I stay in a position where I can be at home. I am a home-bound individual, as is my DH now who just underwent serious critical surgery.

I roll with the punches of adversity because I have too in order to feed our family.

Again, if this is the first time in a long time you have posted, realize there are many, many, many who choose to say anon and it could place you in a position of being misunderstood.

And yes, I am having a good day because I am getting work and no NJA.

Well Mountain MT - CyberlandMT

[ In Reply To ..]
You are very fortunate indeed if you've never had an ASR job like the one I had yesterday. Dictating physician using a standard with more than 10 headings, plus saying to use a combined standard (of which there actually wasn't one, was just using headings from the two different standards available for her), on top of which she wasn't even dictating in order of the headings. Back and forth, back and forth. Enough to make a person dizzy. Not to mention how crazy ASR put all that in. Now really? Do you, or MQ, or the client expect an MT to have to deal with all that and not use the F11?? They can ding me all they want, but I will not do something like that on ASR. I don't care if they don't pay me straight transcription pay. Well, yes actually I do, but still would rather get rid of all that nonsense ASR slings in and just type it!!

Get the facts straight, F11 does convert - MQMT

[ In Reply To ..]
the report to straight and you do get paid your straight transcription rate for it. Of course, you have no way of knowing this because you never use F11. When F11 is used, the report shows up in the transcription list and not the correction list on statistics page and can be easily verified on paycheck if you keep track of line counts. It is interesting that people whose jobs are "honky-dory" think that everyone experiences the same, and the other way around. Just because your ASR accounts are good does not mean that everyone has the same luxury. Unfortunately, blinders are a safe way to go through life for some.

Similar Messages:

KForce Job Ad By 4C Strong Is Bogus
Mar 23, 2010

It takes you to an employment agency - do a search for medical transcription in all states and 0 results are found.  There is no such job as they said here.   ...

In A GU Exam The Patient Has A Strong Odor Of
Mar 11, 2013

The vulva is unremarkable in appearance, as is the introitus.  There is a strong odor of _____ noted. s/l primary aimings. ...

DLSE Said I Have A Very Strong Case And Asked How Many CA Employees There Are.
Jun 22, 2015

California employees, please file a wage claim.  The DLSE was very interested in all the nonproduction time we spend and stated Nuance needs to change their policies, but they haven't made any changes since specifically being made aware.  I overheard that there are a few other cases, but I urge everyone to file.  It's free and you are protected by the anti-retaliation laws.  ...

Patient Has A Strong Family History Of Breast Cancer With Her
Oct 29, 2009

brother positive for s/l "brach-a-dean". ...

Odd That We Get A Reminder About The
Feb 18, 2013

proper NJA procedure at the end of last week, and then Monday morning, absolutely no work.  When they know something big has just happened, why don't they just tell us? ...

Reminder:
Aug 25, 2014

Use Remedy! ...

They Sent Out An Essay Reminder
Mar 25, 2010

I just got an email in my MQ box "reminding" us about this "friendly" little essay contest that they are trying to  shove down our throats.  Apparently the response hasn't been overwhelming (gee, I wonder why) if they have to do that. I know it's hard for those of us trapped at MQ to hang on.  I am one of them too.  No jobs out there right now and I'm taking courses.  But I have to make something to somewhat survive so I have to stay. All I say is, make ...

Reminder To Self: Do Not Send Anything To QA!
May 03, 2010

Okay, it was the end of the week and on my very last document I had 1 word that I could not get - so I sent it to QA.  Lo and behold!  The entire document was picked apart for ridiculous things and some things were even changed incorrectly.  All that and my blank space WAS NOT even filled in!  No more QA for me! ...

Reminder About FIESA....
May 07, 2013

Everyone needs to review Fiesa audits carefully. I received several "below 99" scores over the past 2 weeks and each of them had errors where they counted off for things that the account specifics said to do the way I did them and these incorrect deductions put  me below 99% on those reports . I put in the request to have those scores changed and in each case it will bring those audits to up above 99%.  Review and speak up when they are wrong! ...

Reminder That Anyone Working On VA Accounts Must
Jun 23, 2015

I am posting this because a company called Stone Network posted an ad on the jobs board for VA transcriptionists for IC positions.  That's a big fat no-no, Stone Network.  Someone is going to rat you out to the DOL and/ or the VA. ...

Just A Reminder, 1 Of The Major 2, During A Webcast, Said MTs Will NEVER Make What
Oct 23, 2012

s ...

REMINDER: Status And Pay For Work On VA Accounts
Dec 18, 2014

Since there have been postings in the past couple of days by MTs who are working on VA accounts who seemingly are being paid by the line, here is a reminder. If you work on VA accounts, you must have employee status and be paid the Wage Determination Rate specific to that county.  You can look up  your specific WDR on the federal government's Wage Determinations Online website.  The link is below. Also, you must be paid for ALL work you perform, and this includes looking up ...

Friendly Reminder From FIRED Ex-employee
Jan 15, 2015

I see there are so many new people on since I left. Anyone who has been threatened, I just want to remind you to PLEASE, COPY AND PASTE your emails in another file and SAVE them or PRINT them. When I was fired after I failed their 3 week probation type test, by the time I hung up the phone I WAS LOCKED OUT OF EVERYTHING. I had no proof of ANYTHING, any of the threats, etc. I just don't want anyone else to have to go through what I did. The threatening emails about MUP or not reaching th ...

Just A Quick Reminder, Please Remember That Replying To Any Email In The Account With Which
Jan 06, 2015

...traceable path right back to your computer. Nuance can and has routinely blocked many people from further access to this board, which means you would have to use another device, a public library computer, cell phone etc. I know of people to disappear from the company altogether too.  Remember, they are software geeks at heart and can accomplish savage deeds. And to the grouch that always tells us to post something new? Some messages are worth repeating time and time again, because new ...

If You See An Ad That Says "strong ESL Experience" Does That Make You Not Want To Apply? S
Feb 06, 2010

Sorry but to me that is just asking for your job to be more difficult, to make less money and have more headaches.  Does anyone actualy want to do a lot of ESLs? I don't mind having ESL dictators as part of my job but if it is going to be a large part of it, I avoid that particular job.     ...

NJA On A Weekend!!
Jan 29, 2011

NJA on a weekend with a bonus going on!!!!  What an exercise in frustration.  And to make matters even worse, I received a recruiting e-mail from the boss....looking for new transcriptionists.  I have been NJA 3 days this week and then a bonus going on on the weekend and cannot even get my scheduled weekend time in!! ...

WEEKEND INCENTIVES
Nov 10, 2009

How do you guys feel about the weekend incentives that MQ sometimes offers?  You know, the 3 cents per line more for exceeding a line count that they calculate from the past for you.  Do you actually make more money or is it eaten away by taxes, and is it worth busting your butt for?  ...

Over The Weekend, I Did Not Have Enough Work Available
Nov 30, 2009

to even make minimum wage.  I am an employee with a set schedule.  Does anybody know where I can find info regarding minimum wage payments when production work is not available. ...

Weekend Work
Mar 23, 2010

Does any one know of companies that will hire for just weekend work (Sat. and Sun.)?        ...

OT With Weekend Incentive
Apr 30, 2010

With the weekend incentive, is OT automatically approved? Can't get a response from CCM.  ...

Big Rush Over The Weekend And Now NJA! NM
May 03, 2010

No Message ...

New Weekend Incentive...sm
Oct 15, 2010

Same old yada, yada, yada. It seems like they set my minimum at too many lines for me to ever achieve it so I don't even try.   BUT did you read the towards the bottom of the email where it says that the payout is Nov 25 EXCEPT for former spheris employees who will get their incentive $$ ON OR BEFORE NOV 5!!??? This is not fair. But then, when is this company ever fair. ...

Another Incentive This Weekend...nm
Dec 17, 2010

no msg ...

Weekend Workers?
Feb 13, 2011

How many of the MTs here work on the weekends? ...

No Work - Weekend
Sep 10, 2011

Never, in my 15 years with this company, has there been a time where I ran out of work on a weekend!   NICE. ...

Anyone Know Of A Co Needing Weekend MTs...
Jan 31, 2012

I have 15 years experience, but can't seem to find any steady work that includes weekends (like Fri - Mon, Thurs - Sun). If anyone knows of anything or has a suggestion, feel free to e-mail me.   ...

NJA Again After A Full Weekend Of NJA
Jul 09, 2012

and yet my CCM sent out a message requesting assistance on one of my accounts for this coming weekend.  What the blazes!  I have had NJA on all but one of those days she is requesting help for the last couple months.  What is she thinking?  It is quite obvious that the account is over staffed on a couple of those days and we will not need the help this week.  Its frustrating as I am barely making enough to live on as it is due to constant NJA and now she is asking for he ...

Incentive For Weekend
Jul 12, 2012

Here we go again, incentives offered for weekend and having to meet minimum lines to earn the incentive, but work is popping up so slow it isn't even funny.  My time card looks like I just clock in and out for the fun of it.  Come on!  Where is the work to even make the incentive pay? ...

Mandatory Weekend Day?
Jul 18, 2012

I just listened to the monthly meeting and she said ALL employees are now required to work at least 1 weekend day? Has anyone who is M-F been forced to change their schedule yet?  ...

I Was Not Allowed To Take Off For This Weekend.
May 25, 2013

As I watched my family leave and our dog to head to our relatives cabin in the next neighboring state last night, I cleaned the house and did some laundry and worked my last hour typing.  This morning I am ready to work my 8 hours and what happens???  NO WORK.  You think I would be used to this by now after all these years, but now I am really ANGRY!  I have done this when it is Easter, Thanksgiving, Fourth of July, etc.  That is it.  No more will I ...