A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Skip marker - PAMT

Posted: Feb 16, 2010

what is causing my skip marker to stay in the report after the ADT info is skip marked. 

???? - PT MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Not sure exactly what you mean??? The skip marker should be visible to you in the chart, but it will not show up in the final document that the client gets.

I don't understand either - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Skip markers don't have anything to do with ADT. Skip markers stay in the report until MQ uploads it to the client.

Skip marker - PAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
When I F9 and looked at the final report the skip marker I used to cover the ADT info was still in the report and I could see it for some reason. I dont think it should be there because the one at the end was not. I am not sure what made the skip marker remain in the document. Dont you just skip the ADT info and then start the header beside it after skipping a space.
skip marker - PT MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Just continue to put a skip marker over the dictated ADT info and don't worry about how it looks in F9. You are doing it correctly. Just put in the skip marker, space and then start your next heading. Not sure why you couldn't see the skip marker at the end, but then again, I never look at F9 either. Just send it on. I have also accidentally deleted the skip marker at the end on occasion. It happens:)

Similar Messages:

Skip Markers
Jan 25, 2010

I got a call from MQ regarding the amount of <skip> markers in my ASR reports.  I was told that there shouldn't be more than 3 to 5 skip markers in any given report???  This sounded absolutely ABSURD to me and I told them to give a listen to some of the reports I edit and explain to me how exactly I am suppose to accomplish that!  Has anyone been told that or something similar?  It doesn't seem to me that the "ASR machine" will learn if we simply do correctio ...

ASR And Skip Markers
Sep 24, 2010

I accidentally hit the delete button and it did not put in a skip marker so wondering if the trainer was wrong. ...

Should I Skip The RHIT And Go For RHIA?
May 09, 2012

So, I'm confused and could use some advice.  I am in an accredited HIT program all online to receive my AA degree and sit for the RHIT.  I have just two semesters left to complete the program.  I am very unhappy with the education I have received, and I am not sure I could even pass the RHIT.  I am considering quitting this program and enrolling in a bachelor program where I can sit for the RHIA (it's a healthcare informatics degree through WGU).  I am wonderin ...

Sounds Like SKIP And SEIP
Jun 19, 2012

On physical exam, the PA says "negative for SKIP and SEIP bilaterally" Any ideas what this stands for? Thank you. ...

I Hope Those Of You Who Delete Skip Markers
Sep 10, 2010

Just a thought.  I'd rather not have ASR learn too much.  If it gets too good, I'm out of work (more than usual anyway). ...

Residents Skip Lectures To Chart
Oct 16, 2013

"Maisara Rahman, MD, who helps train family-medicine residents at a county hospital in Moreno Valley, California, noticed a while back that attendance at her lectures was falling off sharply. Dr. Rahman hadn't become boring all of a sudden. Other faculty members were noticing a lot of empty seats during their talks as well. Had the family medicine residents caught a slacker virus? No, it turns out that they were skipping lectures, lunches, and even an occasional rotation, said Dr. Rah ...

Does Anyone Know What A <non-s> Marker Is??
Sep 28, 2010

Have not seen them before today and I was just wondering.  I think they stand for nonsense.... ...

Has Anyone Encountered </non-s/> Marker
Sep 16, 2010

in DQS 6.1. Seems to be wherever the dictator pauses or says mmm. Do we leave it there or what. ...

QA Marker Vent
Nov 02, 2010

Had a report with 4 QA markers -- anything over 2 markers has to be sent to QA.  Once again, they couldn't hear it either and sent it with 4 markers.  It probably sent me over the 5% submission rate, and I will get docked for it.  Why can't QA get docked 1.5 cpl and me 1.5 cpl since NEITHER ONE OF US COULD HEAR IT????? ...

For Cancer Marker: Is It CA15-3 Or CA 15-3 ??
Aug 26, 2010

:) ...

Whatever Happened To The Redundant Marker?
Sep 05, 2010

xx ...

Tumor Marker Question
Nov 14, 2012

Dictated "CEA was elevated at 29, CA 15.3 at 1938, and CA 27.29 was elevated at the outset at 2243." My questions are regarding the CA 15.3 of "1938" and the CA 27.29 of "2243." Should they be "19.38" and "22.43" or "1938" and "2243"? When I'm googling the reference ranges for CA 15.3, a value of 19.38 doesn't seem to be elevated; neither does a value of 22.43 for CA 27.29. But.. 1938 and 2243 seem awfully high. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks!!! ...

Spacing After Q/A Marker Period.
Jun 17, 2015

Don't want to call support if I don't have to -- does someone know how I can make the period after a Q/A marker stay put when I key in spaces?  Right now, it moves along putting the spaces in front of the period.  Growl!!! ...

When Filling In A Marker, Any Way To Stop That First Word From
Nov 17, 2012

x ...

To QA: I Got A Comment Back Stating To Place The QA Marker
Jan 04, 2010

I always thought I had been doing that, but I got this message more than once, so I'd like to see if any QA here can clarify this.  CCM has no idea what she means ????  I always understood to place the QA marker right where I hear the blank and that is what I thought I was doing.  Any suggestions or comments as to what could be happening?  I don't want to make the QA's job any more difficult than it already is.....  TIA..... ...

Does Anyone Know A Good Site With Cancer Tumor Marker Information?
Mar 26, 2010

I am starting to type quite a few cancer reports, and there are so many tumor markers for the various types of cancer. I probably should invest in a new Stedman's Oncology but don't have the extra $$ right now. Does anyone know a site that might help me figure these out? On web sites i've found, there doesn't seem to be much consistency in putting in hyphens (like CA25, CA 125, CA-125, etc.). ...

"Skip The Scary Movie Marathon And Work Overtime!"
Dec 13, 2013

Anyone else get a status update that included "Skip the scary movie marathon and work overtime"? Them constantly asking for OT is what's scary and full of horror!  But I need the money, so I guess I'll batten down the hatches and "find an hour or two before or after my shift" to help them out!  Heaven forbid the managers ever hop on and transcribe!  But I know they don't because when you ask them a simple question about account specs, they have no clue!  If ...