A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

So what is new and improved with Mail and other complaints - ververyoldMQMT

Posted: Jun 29, 2010

So, due to decreased pay constantly going down the spiral staircase, I could not pay my Charter internet DSL any longer.  I had to go to dial up because AT&T does not have DSL in my little spit of property.  IT IS A NIGHTMARE!!   I changed my schedule to graveyard so I would not be disconnected everytime someone calls me.  I don't have the money to pay for an extra line.  Charter wanted $89 a month for DSL only.   Of course, they wanted me to bundle for $79 for a year.   What part did they not understand, I NEED coverage on phone and everytime the power goes out so did my phone.   Oh well.   We cannot get cell phone coverage in our house, have to walk 500 yards up or down the street....  So now today I try to get in to MQ Mail and it gave me that message.  Thank you MTStars and fellow MQers, because if it was not for u I would not have known how to re-enter info needed to get my mail.  I just love the Qs instructions  (NOT)...  So, what was the big deal.  I thought we were supposed to be getting improved services.  It is even slower than before.  Of course, i got the spiel about production blah blah blah.   Now with the dial up my production is shot because it takes so long to up and download. 

To top it off, I am a very unwell person, but have no insurance bcuz I am PT.  Today I was "divorced" from my doctor's service because I missed an appointment this morning that was made 3 months ago.  I did not get a call to remind me, and they advised me I would have to pay $30 to get back care with him.  This is the County Health Department Clinic for crying out loud.  

If I was fired (18 year employee by the way) i could at least get Medicaid.  It burns me there are people in this country that do not have to work ever, don't ever pay taxes and get free cell phones, free rent, free doctor care of whatever they need.  Because I make a measley salary, I get nothing!!  

Right now, I hate life.  But, gotta remember my Faith.   Sorry my friends and fellow MQers.  I really did need to vent...

Boy oh boy can I relate! - burned up and out

[ In Reply To ..]
I am also IRATE over the fact that people get free everything and I work my behind off to get nothing, not even a tax break.

My husband and I pay 600 per month for health insurance and still have to pay the first 4000 medical and an additional 400 in drug coverage.

I hate life too!

Now, have you thought about Magic Jack so that you do not have to work night shift? Not sure how it works but someone else might know.

I am sorry about your situation and I will be praying for you.

Angry too, but really - Spherite

[ In Reply To ..]
what is it you need that you don't have?

Think hard about that.

I also really hate what has become of a job that I used to like, but I don't hate life.

LIFE is good. It's just this job that sucks.

ververyoldMQMT - Nature

[ In Reply To ..]
Dear ververyoldMQMT: I feel your pain how disperate you feel. I am there with you, as I am part time also. I also no longer get insurance and cannot afford the 6 meds I am suppose to be on. I had to semi retire at age 62 so I could have some income other than MQ. It is worth it to be without all the above just to have some release from the stress being full time. I am suppose to go to the doctor every 6 months, as I had uterine cancer, but I can no longer afford to go. I, like you, trust in my Heavenly Father to carry me through what I cannot get through myself. Life is so hard, I know, but He has carried me through the loss of my granddaughter, cancer, loss of a good income a few years ago. I am not allowed to make more than a gross income of $1,400 from my job and my retirement (Social Security). After paying my rent and bills, I hardly have enough for any food. I have found a free food program (mostly dairy, veg, and fruit) where you can bring a basket (laundry) and fill it up, but we also need to remember there are other people who need food too, so I will only take what I actually NEED and not what I want. I will be going for the first time this Saturday, and I am actually excited for even a little bit of food. We can get through this life and not be defeated. If nothing else, I have learned that needing and wanting are 2 different things. I have learned to be gratful for receiving what I need in life. I pray for all of us here at MQ every night and morning. If we think we have it hard, think of the people who live in huts and have to walk MILES every day just for drinking water, and are lucky to get a couple of rice cakes a day. Actually even though we think we have it hard, compared to many other countries, we have it good. I will continue to pray for us. Please do the same.

This sort of cr@p shouldnt be happening to people - in your situation in this country! sm

[ In Reply To ..]
And yet so many hardworking MTs are in a similar situation! It's appalling that someone who has paid their dues, and worked their posterior off all these years, can't get some kind of a break if their health is failing and they can't work full time.

And even full time MTs are in dire straits in the US. This is a country that was supposedly built on freedom and an equal chance for all, and yet all it is these days is that the RICH and POWERFUL get the freedom and the equal chances in life, and those of us who work for them get nothing but STEPPED-ON. Our country has become too big, too greedy, and there are far too many cracks for all those "little people" who just try to do a day's work in order to live, to fall through.

I hope things get better for you soon! (And I hope the entire evil sweatshop MT industry implodes on itself, and fizzles out in a ball of black smoke.)

nature - nan

[ In Reply To ..]
On the part about uterine cancer followup, in my state we have a BCCC program that you can get Pap tests and mammograms through and if there is anything wrong, they pay for your followups and such. Not sure if it is a state funded program (Michigan) or federal. You might check with your health department and see if there is some type of program like that to keep up on your uterine cancer followups. Good luck

Where do you live? Maybe - Spherite

[ In Reply To ..]
I (or someone else) can help you figure something out. There is help for social situations like yours. You MUST do your cancer followups. What state are you in?

Without Faith I would give up - Adios

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, sounds like we are all in the same boat today. I am also very down. I work full time. My husband is retired but had to go to work at Walmart to attempt to make ends meet. IRS is breathing down our necks because we dared use some IRA money and it really messed up our taxes. Sold a house short sale and now we learn if we settle with the bank on the shortage, the difference gets reported as income. Ya, no more house, would still have a payment AND get hit with more income we do not have. Just seems some days like there is not enough hope to get out of bed. Luckily in my very rural area we have a local internet provider for 50 bucks a month and luckily I am still able to work full time so I have health insurance. End of lucky. Now my daughter is getting married. How do we possibly do this? I am just in tears trying to make it all work. Just want to give up.

If I did not have my faith and scripture to tell me not to give up, pretty sure I would. But I know God is good and yes, we are still considered wealthy to a lot of third-world people. I guess our IRS even still considers me wealthy, because until I drain every resource I have, they still say I have enough assets to pay them.

Wish we could all get together for our own prayer sessions. Sounds like we all need it very badly.

To Adios: - AW

[ In Reply To ..]
Just some info that you could check in to. We had to short sale our house about 3 years ago because of the rising payment and at that time George Bush had passed some bill that you are able to right off that missing part of the sale of your home and not count it as income. we had an accountant do our taxes that year and we didnt have to claim it so maybe you should look into that. Hope this helps a little and good luck to all of you

Thanks for the info - Adios

[ In Reply To ..]
Of course it was the bank and IRS who told us this. Can't count on them to be looking out for our best interest. I will check with an accountant and see.

Hope Obama did not take that help away from us. We have found so far we have fallen through every crack in all the stimulus/bail-out stuff going on.

Thanks again.

I hear ya. I work all day, 6 days a week. I get - just one day to myself. And yet - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
lately I'm so depressed come my day off, and so worried about finances and where the money's gonna come from, that on my only day off, I end up doing NOTHING. Or even worse, WORKING.

I sincerely hope the Corporate Jet takes a nice little nosedive into the Atlantic, someday. It would make my day.

I hear ya - Adios

[ In Reply To ..]
Ya, I didn't even mention I took on a second job, besides my full-time job here to make it. At least I actually enjoy the second job.

I tell you, on days like today, I just find a quiet place, and thank God I live in an area with several beautiful, untouched places, and I just pour it all out to God, then just take in all the beauty, and it gives me the strength to get back up and keep trying.

There are days where I just really feel myself sinking though. Today was one of those days, and so my heart really went out to the other posters, because I know that feeling so well.

Similar Messages:

Nuance PTO Improved
Nov 08, 2011

Their ad states improved PTO.  Can anyone tell me exactly how much PTO you do get there?   ...

I Did F11 And The Audio Improved.
Jan 31, 2014

Anyone else notice the audio improves after F11. I've had some reports tonight with horrible audio and worthless ASR, and after doing F11, the audio was improved. ...

Screw Improved Communication
Apr 17, 2013

Suggestions For Improved Hearing???
May 15, 2014

I've been having trouble picking up the small words of ESLs lately, probably due to my age and the loud music in my younger days, but I was wondering if there is any hope for me? If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them. I've tried the high end headphones and ear buds, but the quality seems the same to me.  TIA  ...

Pay Complaints?
Oct 12, 2011

How are people only making minimum wage.  I am an MT/MME/QA and between all three different pay ranges for each one I average 16-17$/hour, even when I do not have my most familiar accounts.  ...

DQ7.1 Complaints..Please Help If You Know
Oct 03, 2012

Can no longer capitalize the first letter in a sentence by hitting the space bar..and YES my capitalize toggle is on Expansion list is not easily navigated.  When Ctrl E cannot just quickly arrow up and down if you need to look for an expansion that you cannot recall what letters you assigned Phyisician look-up:  In consults or dictator for..what short cut to search for doctors.  Now when I alt I to get me to the optional part to fill in referring MD or dictator for I have to us ...

Are We Getting More And More Complaints Now
Feb 20, 2013

new TSM and new QC and it seems as though we are all doing wrong all of a sudden?  on accounts that are always complaining? and we are always out of work.  or is it just me? ...

Complaints
Mar 13, 2015

falling on deaf ears.  Constant account jumping, humanly impossible accuracy score and line count, extremely poor dictators, horribly picky clients who want this and that but not this and that, management that will not communicate.  If this is progression of technology and corporate greed, I'll go back to the good ole days when the primary concern for doctors, hospitals, clinics, transcriptionists, etc. was for the patient and the patient alone! ...

Patient With Renal Insufficiency, Improved...
Oct 13, 2009

Patient with renal insufficiency, improved......Labs include urine microalbumin-creatinine ratio, urine with microscop, [s/l S-path, U-path] ...

401K Match Stinks. Needs To Be Improved.
Nov 19, 2013

Here is an article that talks about 401K. Mmodal's 401K plan stinks. "The most common 401(k) employer match is now dollar-for-dollar for the first 6% of income that an employee defers." Mmodal only matches 25% up to 4% which equals 1% in a lump sum which is even stingier than matching it each pay period to allow the participants to take advantage of compounding. The worst thing - We don't even know if Mmodal is going to match this year. In years past they sent out a letter res ...

Has Triton Software (Amphion) Improved?
Sep 15, 2014

There are a lot of negative comments regarding the Triton program that Amphion uses.  I'm just curious to hear if it has become more user friendly? Has anyone had good success with it? ...

Two Complaints Here, On QA/QASAR
Jan 22, 2010

Enlighten this old gal.   Weren't we told to change q.h.s. to at bedtime some time ago (AHDI rules)?   and also were we not supposed to be ignoring commas versus semicolons.   I majored in English in college.   I am an old-school grammar girl, and a former editor of a publishing company.  I do know my grammar and punctuation; but really it is not that crucial to the report.  Only when you leave out periods... Now, the qhs situation.  P ...

Owner Complaints About ICs
May 13, 2011

Is there anywhere on this website that it is appropriate for owners to post about people who have been ICs with your company and you would like others to know about their work quality, etc?  I am just so fed up with we, as the owners, being put down about we did this or that, but we, as the owners, never have a say about the ones we weed out of our company because of work quality, etc.  Just upset and venting...but I would like to know if there is an area to post this information. ...

Nine Years, No Complaints, Now On QA?
Nov 30, 2011

None of my work for the past three days have gone through because I've been put on full QA.  Not one complaint.  They've hired a lot of new MT's so I'm wondering if they're looking to get rid of us older ones so they can pay less. Ever had this happen? ...

Transcend MLS Here. I See All These Complaints About
Sep 01, 2012

currently.  I have worked at Transcend for 8 years and I don't think I've ever been audited.  Is this to change and will we soon be at the mercy of Nuance QC?  I sure hope not by the description of the QC complaints here. ...

Re: Complaints About MTSOs
Jun 30, 2013

"complete power corrupts completely" these companies have complete power over us and we [as a whole] have given it to them.   there are lessons to be learned to all in healthcare from what happened to MT.   ...

Anyone Recently Hired By DTS? Have Things Improved? Old Posts Not Positive. NM
Apr 06, 2013

. ...

Complaints On This Board Day After Day About The MT Industry?
Mar 15, 2010

Is anyone else sick of reading all the complaints on this board day after day about the MT industry?  Am I the only one who actually enjoys what I do?  If you hate Mting so bad, then quit!  Be thankful you have a job.  I know I will get lots of nasty replies, but I am so tired of all the negativity.  I would never want to go back to working at my previous job which was a call center where you sat all day and listened to ppl curse at you.  I do not miss all the gas money wasted because of d ...

COMPANY RESPONSE TO COMPLAINTS ABOUT BABBLETYPE
Apr 23, 2013

Hi. My name is John Feldcamp and I’m the CEO of Babbletype. I’ve been reading this discussion thread over for the first time and have decided to respond to the comments below. I’m doubtful if I’m making the right choice in doing so, since there are certain people who, once they decide you are the enemy, don’t much care about the finer points of what may or may actually not be true. But on the other hand, MT Stars has brought us many great people that have done well ...

She Had A *litnea* Of Complaints Includi.ng Occipitally Based Headaches. Thanks. Nm
Apr 14, 2010

nm ...

Regarding Complaints About Waiting For Work To Make Min. Line Count.
Jul 21, 2011

A couple of year ago, the company I was working for was off-shoring all they could, which left many of us without work.  We were required to clock in, out, in, out, in, out........ during our shift, but had to do so many hours and so many lines.  When it go next to impossible, and I was working days, nights, and weekends to try to make the minimum, I complained to my AM and asked that we bring in a third party on this issue, as I was not being supplied with the minimum amount of work r ...

When I Send An E-mail From My MQ Mail, It Shows That It
Dec 16, 2011

came from someone else.  Anybody ever had that problem before and does anybody know who I contact to get it fixed? ...

Mail Purge On MT Mail System 10/16
Oct 12, 2012

What are you all doing with emails you have saved to folders? ...

Pt With Coronary Artery Vasospams That Improved On "Roo Nexia" Therapy
May 29, 2010

d ...

Neurontin And Pletal For Improved Pain Control And S/l "microsecretions" ?
Dec 01, 2011

nm ...

Recent Complaints Suggesting S/l "larameets" Phenomenon
Dec 05, 2011

recent complaints suggesting s/l "larameets" phenomenon ...

Complaints About "team Leader"
Aug 10, 2014

Who do you complain to when you have complaints about a team leader?  Every time I find that I have to deal with mine (which I don't do unless I really NEED something), she says she will do all this wonderful stuff and then does absolutely nothing.  This is the third time, and this time she has danced off on vacation without dealing with what she assured me she would deal with last week.  When I tried to prod her mid week, she said she had to deal with more "critical" issues ...

So Now It Is "most Improved MT" Of The Month! Sm
Jun 24, 2011

I guess they are getting desperate and giving 50 dollars a month to "most improved MT."  They will never learn, that is not the way to keep MTs or anybody for that matter.  This company is so so stupid and when everybody has left they might, might understand.  Wonder if they really care!  ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Knee Complaints S/l "back Knee" And Buckle
Dec 03, 2009

doc says pt complaining of knee wanting to s/l "back knee" and buckle.  ...