A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Questions for past/present auditors - CT

Posted: Mar 24, 2014

Couple of questions for any past/present auditors:

1. How long were you with MM before you moved to the auditing department?

2. Were you actively seeking the move or were you offered it out of the blue?

3. Are you making more or less than you were on production?

4. Do you focus on a certain number of accounts similar to HDS/SHDAs or are you required to cover whatever comes across your desk at any given time?

Thanks!

answers - answers

[ In Reply To ..]
I was here for just over 10 years.
I actively sought it out because of work load availability issues.
I make 75% of what I did as a transcriptionist, but you get holidays off without using PTO and 3 sick days in addition to your PTO. Schedule is strict M-F, no weekends.
Clients are much wider variety, although do become consistent over time. You know before the month starts what clients and how much you are required to do for that month, so it doesn't just "end up on your desk" like with transcription.

Hope that helps!

Very helpful, Thank you!! - CT

[ In Reply To ..]
My TSM/QAC have no helpful ideas on how to get into auditing, even though I actively seek it out. How did you find out about the opening? I'm going to be speaking with an internal recruiter just to pick her brain later this week, not actually for any lateral or upward movement, but I'm curious how you found out while you were still in the trenches.

Is PTO accrual is the same rate?

Also, if you don't mind answering, are you now hourly or salary? I don't imagine you'd be production as part of auditing.

Thanks again for your very helpful answers!

more answers - answers

[ In Reply To ..]
I kept deligently looking at the internal job postings on MQ Central. I had applied for a long, long time for many, many different positions trying to get out of transcription.

I had no credentials or additional schooling other than an MT certificate (not CMT). I hem-hawed for a long time about getting further education. Last year I started going to school for a health informatics degree and then got the new job (quite easily, it seemed), so I don't know if that had a lot to do with finally getting a new position or if it is just a coincidence.

PTO accrual is the same rate and I get paid hourly.
Also very helpful. - CT
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm finishing an MBA in HIM/HIT, on my third team in 4 years, and not "cohesive" with my current team leads. Ick. So, any hopes of getting a good rec out of her would be close to nil. Although, I still have a positive relationship with my first TSM, so that's a bonus. I suppose I'll keep stalking the internal posting...

Here's to hoping things fall into place my direction, too! Thanks for all your answers :)
Thought of one more, sorry. - CT
[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry I'm bombarding you with all these.

Do you only audit domestic MTs?
i think so.... - ?
[ In Reply To ..]
Now that you ask, I don't believe I have ever had a non-domestic MT.

Similar Messages:

To Transcend TLs, Past Or Present
Apr 12, 2011

What are the biggest challenges with your position?  Do you end up putting in more hours than you feel well compensated for?  Does it wear you out trying to keep up with your production as well as do your TL duties?  Is it more difficult to get vacation time scheduled as a TL?  TY! ...

Past Or Present Tense Voice
May 07, 2010

Okay, I have been very confused about this lately.  When a doctor is reviewing medical reports from other providers and is documenting it within his report, should it be done in present tense or past tense??? I think that it should be done all in the past tense, but I have had arguments for both.  Basically, I just want the right answer.  For example, "The patient was seen on 06/10/09 and stated that he had right leg pain.  The report indicated that the patient had an antalg ...

Anyone Heard Of GO Partners, Past Or Present?
Sep 13, 2011

Has anyone heard of GO Partners, past or present?  Not much in the archives.  Good, bad, American company?  They had a posting listed but now it is down.  Just wondering... ...

United Transcription - Info From Past Or Present Employees
Dec 23, 2014

Any info from past or present employees working with United would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  ...

RAC Auditors
Jun 10, 2012

A cute/funny animation about RAC auditors and what they do.  Just 3:52 minutes. First step to becoming a RAC auditor is becoming a certified coder.       ...

Are Any Auditors Here Who Can Help?
Mar 21, 2014

I was just wondering if there were any auditors who actually came to this board who could divulge a little information. I'm an auditor, but I was wondering just how knit-picky or in-depth is everyone else when they audit a job? It seems like I keep correcting the same thing over and over and over and over again and it's getting sickening and it's mostly just really small stuff that shouldn't even matter, like adding or omitting "a" or "the." ******I WISH FOR TRUTHFUL ...

Any Auditors Wish They Were Still MT?
May 08, 2014

With what I know now about how much MTs can actually get away with as far as errors and quality, I now wish I had stayed as MT and just stopped working so damn hard at it. It seems like auditors have to work much harder and get things even more perfect while the MTs still keep making the same mistakes over and over again and nothing comes of it. A lot of the errors I have to mark don't really matter at all and are extremely subjective, so isn't it kind of pointless to keep wastin ...

AUDITORS
Aug 28, 2014

QA gets audited too and let me tell you, they give no Mercy.  We have an auditor initial RH who is just out for the kill.  FIESA is so stressful even for QA/QC.  I cannot stand the stress anymore and am definitely seeking other employment as fast as I can.  ...

Seriously? These Auditors Need To Rein It In.
Feb 11, 2015

Got a minor error (-0.25) for typing. "The patient has no complaints." The auditor felt that she heard "The patient has no complaint" without the S. Well that'll certainly compromises patient care. Good thing she caught that and dinged me for it. Sure, it's only a minor error, but that could very well be the error that pushes me over 99.5 one day. It's this kind of stuff that reduces employee morale and makes them hate working here. This is getting ridiculous. ...

Auditors - What's The Maximum Length Of A Report You Process?
Apr 15, 2014

When you're pulling reports to audit, how long is too long?   ...

Tarichium Present In The Eye
Oct 14, 2009

He has no pinguecula or 'tarichium' present in the eye. ...

My Present Pet Peeve
Oct 09, 2012

We dont get paid for ADT information,,YET I got back a report I sent through QA and it said I have to fix all the ADT information with ? next to the docs, that is like every report..what the heck? ...

Blood Work - Few Lu Present
Feb 22, 2010

In the blood work, he says there were a few Lu (Lew?) present as well as spherocytes.    TIA!   ...

S/l Caudal Leedens Or Calcium Present In The Placenta
Dec 23, 2009

. ...

Radiology Report...(s/l Starney) Sutures Are Present.
Jan 23, 2012

HISTORY: Congestive heart failure. MRI FINDINGS: Slight cardiac silhoutette noted.(s/l starney) sutures are present. *I have exhausted my resorces and still can't tell what he's referring to. ...

S/l Kan-ay-duh Like Strut Grafting And Lateral Fusion Present 11 To 2.
Jul 12, 2013

Kin-ay-duh is what the word sounds like  ...

On ECG, Ht Bundle Branch Block Pattern Present With Secondarys/l "polarization" Changes As
May 12, 2010

There is a minimally rightward axis.  There is a right bundle branch block pattern present with secondary polarization changes as well. ...

ENT Help:) There Was Noted "sonequiae" Present In The Right Nasal Cavity Of The Right Inf
Nov 01, 2011

nm ...

There Are At Least 8 Masses Present Involving "the 2-o'clock To 6:30 Positions",
Apr 04, 2012

? ...

S/l HEENT: "circumal" Movements Present
Oct 16, 2009

Any ideas what this could be? Thanks, Abby ...

She Has Had **MRI's** In The Past
Feb 02, 2010

x   ...

PAST
Mar 30, 2012

The patient underwent a "PAST".  It's an OB/GYN procedure.   TIA  :) ...

Bye-bye Past --- OMG Seriously?
Apr 12, 2012

Just when I think I can't possibly be more amazed by the ineptitude of this ASR program. ...

How Do I Look Up Past Reports?
Mar 03, 2010

They said we would be able to look up past reports on specific patients and by specific docs, but I don't know how.  Anyone? ...

Does Anyone Use EMDAT Or Have In The Past?
Mar 17, 2010

Does anyone use EMDAT or have in the past?  What do you think about it?  Thanks for any information. ...

Atrocities Past
Mar 23, 2010

I just remembered the Impact Room.  I wonder how many trial-and-error programs we've been through over the past couple years.  They must have a whole team of people who sit around all day and come up with one scheme after another, all of which are eventually scrapped.    ...

Past/Passed
May 21, 2010

Rigor mortis had passed/past in all extremities. ...

Past/passed Help Please
Jul 19, 2010

used a 5-French Glide catheter and thru this passed a Spartacore wire into the popliteal artery past the stenosis.....Is this correct or am I losing my mind with these passed/past??? ...

Has Anyone In Recent Past Been In A
Aug 22, 2010

It is about group being out of work.  Just curious. ...

Past Pointing
Dec 31, 2010

For those of you who have been wondering about "past pointing", it really is that.  The doctor actually spelled it out!  ...