A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Many CCM, QC and tech people let go today. Guess they - gotta pay for all those new management hires. nm

Posted: Oct 08, 2012

x

In India. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

No. Here. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Just got email--My CCm is no longer with the company - Lee

[ In Reply To ..]
I am gonna miss her--she was really great to work with. I guess the firing has begun---Hope I am next!

Same here. Shocking! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
x

They will probably just double the workload - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
for all the remaining CCMs. I watched this when I worked in the office. If anyone did a good job they just kept piling on the work until they quit and then, of course, had to hire someone who was not even half as capable. Great management style! Way to go MM!

We must have the same CCM. Got same email. smg - Fossil

[ In Reply To ..]
She was really great. Always answered my emails and IMs promptly. Always approved my time off, though almost never take any, that is why I have 110 hours saved. LOL.

Really gonna miss her. Would like to know what happened.

I have her cell phone number and her hotmail address, so may give her a call tonight.

Better use up that PTO, you can only roll over - 40 hours or lose them!

[ In Reply To ..]
XX

It's also possible - oabo

[ In Reply To ..]
that all of her accounts are going to India.
Not likely. Too many being let go. And the MTs of that CCM, they - are still working, arent they? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

I think only a couple of CCMs were let go... - They had too many anyway

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Hopefully they weeded out the nonresponding CCM. Mine - probably did not even get the

[ In Reply To ..]
the email they were being let go since they appear to never check or respond to remail anyway. Are they replacing these CCMS or merging jobs or ?

Letting them go. Gone. CCMs, QCs, and - Tech people were let go. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Not all of them - I never got an email

[ In Reply To ..]
??
No, not all of them (cantcha see Vern in CCM position, lol) - But all here talking CCM and it is also SM
[ In Reply To ..]
qc and techies.
Why would they let QC go? Don't they need them to - fail MLS on audits? Who will take
[ In Reply To ..]
over that job now? Vern? Amy?
Who will take over? - Indian QCs
[ In Reply To ..]
This place is getting crazier and crazie by the minute.
Consolodating. Fewer QCs doing double work. QCs still - here having to take on more work.nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
from what regions? - i have not heard anything
[ In Reply To ..]
where do you guys get this information?

Mine doesn't approve PTO until the last minute. Unfortunately, - they did not let her go. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Bombast her with emails saying you need to know & follow steps - in MT/ME training to escalate requests. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Isn't scheduling & PTO requests a main part of their job?! I don't get why they - dont just do their job! nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I've seen it before in other companies and what happens - in these kinds of positions is the
[ In Reply To ..]
person looks at it as basically a base paycheck. The flexibility of the position then allows them to pursue other interests while putting in minimal effort to collect that basic paycheck. From descriptions on this board of nonresponsive CCMs or late answering CCMs, it's probably the case with many of them. How many of the CCMs actually have a transcription background? That right there tells you their involvement in the job is limited to a small piece.
I dont beleive this for 1 minute. I am related to a couple of x-CCM, - They worked way more than 40 hrs/week. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
yeah, right! - prove it.
[ In Reply To ..]
They barely do anything.
If they put up with attitudes such as this, they do plenty for that - paycheck. IMO, of course. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Not everyone can be the golden child. - leave me alone
[ In Reply To ..]
!
I think - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
They probably work more than you do.

That's nasty - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Wishing someone would lose their job in this economy. Remember Karma.
When she's not doing her job & screwing my life up, yes I do. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Still nasty - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Because she didn't "Hop to" and approve your PTO immediately? Get over yourself.

Does anyone know why? Are they the dead weight - or just consolidating? My mgr is

[ In Reply To ..]
still here, but really wish they were gone. Totally useless if you ask me.

mine is the best boss I've ever had - downtime

[ In Reply To ..]
And I'm kind of worried because there hasn't been any email in a few days.

So if you didnt get an e-mail, you CCM is still safe? - no email

[ In Reply To ..]
I hope shes still here, and my QC. :(

Do you know what region they were in? - Sort of curious (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

My CCM is gone too - anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
My CCM was in the SE region

SE region CCM gone here too. She was great too!..smg - Fossil

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx
Hope it wasn't "SM" I really liked her. - bye bye birdie
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

west region - Lee

[ In Reply To ..]

Lee, I'm in the West region. - Would you mind posting their initials here? (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
x
LM - Lee
[ In Reply To ..]
Did she come here with a buy out? - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Not sure, I have had her about 3 years - Lee
[ In Reply To ..]
Gotcha. You anwer tells me it is not who I was thinking. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
LM - LM
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you! Miss everyone :(
Thank you! - LM
[ In Reply To ..]
Miss my team
We miss you too. - Underpaid and Unappreciated
[ In Reply To ..]
We have no one now.

Mine was from the North Region - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

please give the initials... - did you get an email?

[ In Reply To ..]
I have heard nothing and I am freaking and no one will tell me.
If you didn't get an email, your ccm is probably safe - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I'd like to think so, but email has not been - all that reliable. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Dont freak. These kinds of changes really dont affect the MT. You still do the crap work - for the crap wages. It is not like a SM
[ In Reply To ..]
different CCM or QC is going to change that. You will build a relationship with whoever is over you and it will be fine.

EMPLOYEES REPLACED - Nature

[ In Reply To ..]
I was suppose to start the mentoring program this coming Friday. She e-mailed me this morning, sending me all the information to do so. Well, I just got an e-mail from someone cancelling the mentoring for Friday. Here is what it said:

Effective October 8th, the approach to MT mentoring is evolving in an effort to reach more of our staff in a shorter time frame and to introduce further enhancements to the program. As part of this, we are also transferring the mentoring responsibilities to the Regional Quality Coaches. We believe this will bring material value to our MTs.

As a result of these activities, please wait for further direction from your Quality Coach on how you can continue to participate in the Mentoring program going forward.

I wonder if these people lost their jobs, and the responsibility of the memtoring just added to the RQC?

Curious how someone is going to mentor on SR - if they have never worked on

[ In Reply To ..]
production using SR? Sure it looks "easy" and all that, but if they don't have the actual hands on experience, how is that going to help anyone? I had a QC come right out and tell me she has never used VR but "played around with it."

It just might be that we're witnessing the very first signs - of the implosion of a too-big, bloated, MTSO. (NM)

[ In Reply To ..]
They need to implode a few of the million dollar - suits. (nm)
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Wishful thinking. They have cleaned house before and are - still here. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

I wondered how long that would last - the production mentoring

[ In Reply To ..]
I happen to know those people were making what you and I would consider very nice money, but I had a feeling that before a year was up, they'd be scrambling to get their MT jobs back.

are you serious... all my person did was read off a page - of what all the keystrokes were

[ In Reply To ..]
All the keystrokes I know already and either decided wanted to use or did not want to use. So why are they getting paid so much?

I guess we can expect a "restructuring email" in about a week - or two from Vern?

[ In Reply To ..]
You know... to make sure the communication at the company is not lacking!

Email from HR gives me name of - Lee

[ In Reply To ..]
my new supervisor and says she will contact me by Wednesday. So sad to lose my CCM.

Lee, My email said exactly same thing as yours. - Fossil

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

Same here Lee - Disgusted

[ In Reply To ..]
I think we had the same CM. I really liked her. Hope the next one isn't like a few others I have had. Good luck to us both. Ready to quit myself.

I lost track years ago - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
of how many supervisors, CCMs, team leaders, whatever have come and gone. I stopped counting at 6, and that was just supervisors.

I haven't heard anything for North region; has anyone else?

North, too. Email should be coming. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

NO!!!! Which one in the North? - please tell me

[ In Reply To ..]
no way... I cannot take this.
Afraid to say now. Dont want to make it worse for her if MM - isnt naming her yet. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Please email me the initials - please tell me
[ In Reply To ..]
I will not be able to sleep!

Aaah, no. I hope mine isn't gone; I like her - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
She's communicative without micromanaging; a rare talent. She unfriended me on Facebook last week, but I didn't really think anything of it; now I wonder if that had to do with anything.

Thanks for the intel.

I had that in 1 year - another North MT

[ In Reply To ..]
At one point in time it was 3 in less than a month and 6 in just short of a year. Just CCM, not including QC or team leaders. This company changes managers more than most people change their furniture.

Mine is gone from North - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm really surprised because not only was she really good, we also have a very demanding BOB. It has been out of TAT lately but that was partly because they would never hire enough or move enough MTs into the BOB. This is one of the groups that has had mandatory OT for months.

This is really sad because she was very professional and a very hard worker.

To add to my post - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
This makes be nervous about next Monday (I think that's the meeting for MTs). I have a feeling the pay cut may be coming.

Mine is gone from North as well - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
But I dont think she was a very good people person..Never answered emails, never reached out through the computer..There are ways to properly supervise even at a distance..Hoping it is a positive change

May not be same one - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Mine always answered emails and called to check on how we were doing. The problem is what one person may call a "people" person may be completely different than someone else. I didn't want a lot of hands-on managing. I just wanted to work.

Many CCM, QC - mmmt

[ In Reply To ..]
How do you know this?

Straight from one affected. I dont want to name source cause I dont want - to make exit any worse than it is. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

It sounds like a lot of.... - (see message)

[ In Reply To ..]
....new unemployment claims that'll be filed. They WILL be able to get unemployment, won't they?

I don't know how they can announce a pay cut to the MTs when MTs are already working on a nearly-volunteer basis!!
Yes, they can get UE and one that have been let go before got - severence pkg. But who said MT $ cuts? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I'm not surprised. - mmmt
[ In Reply To ..]
This makes about the 7th or 8th CCM I have had in 7 years. Some lasted less than 6 months. I never want to be in management in this company. I am glad though that this CCM is gone. She was slow or never responded to emails, like so many, and had to be reminded to approve PTO. I hate that. Also, slow on doing payroll and teamwork edits.
Really dont know why you all are surprised - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Companies dont merge and change names, etc. when finances are good. And the first thing they do is set back and watch. It is very plain to me that the CCMs dont do as much as they claim they do, so the company is top heavy and they figured out a good way to save some money (have no idea how much a CCM makes but its more then me)..So they figured out who was doing the least amount of work and canned them..My CCM was useless, never answered an email, never did much of anything that I could see but send emails when she needed something. I hope this is a good thing, I dont like change, but I also really dont like someone that does nothing but collect a paycheck.
I'm sorry; didn't mean to worry - anyone (see message)
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't remember which comment I saw it in, now, and there are so many now in this thread that it would take a bit of looking to find it. It may also have been in another thread as I had read several last night; but I saw someone mention that they were worried that MM was going to announce a decrease in pay next week.....nothing definite--just a concern that was voiced. I hope that's not the case, and, like I said, I don't see how much lower they could cut the MTs' pay at this point!!

Again, I'm sorry that I wasn't more clear on that. If I see where I read that mentioned, I'll come back and post again. Mind you--it was nothing definite.
This is the one.... - (see message)
[ In Reply To ..]
Here is the post I was referring to when I said I don't see how they could cut the pay any lower.

It's one above, titled: "to add to my post - anon." That poster wrote: "This makes be nervous about next Monday (I think that's the meeting for MTs). I have a feeling the pay cut may be coming."
They cant cut MTs pay more without increaing amount of MUP - and they hate MUP. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
but they can cut the pay of those making more than - 8 and 4 nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

My CCM gone - maybe they'll get rid of me, too - Sad MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I'd put in a leave request for today. Not granted yet. I MUST have today off, and I'm taking it off whether leave is granted or not. Emailed my new CCM with reason, etc.

So maybe I'll be joining them in the unemployment line. Sigh.

I'm only part-time, and half the time they run out of my work on Tuesday anyway, so it shouldn't matter.

Have not heard from mine since Friday - which is totally not like her

[ In Reply To ..]
I wonder if she got the axe?

Similar Messages:

Tech People
Oct 11, 2014

Honestly, why is it that tech wants to make an MTs' life miserable. Just got a new thing to fill out and I cannot open it. I have never used Excel if that is what it is. My computer has no program for me to open it. At any rate, I wonder why these people have to make things so hard. This new computer, a Windows 7 (which I had to have to do my work) is so complicated now. You don't get these other programs like you did on the other computers. You have to buy Word, Excel ...

Vent At The Tech People!
Nov 01, 2010

Seriously?!!?  Mandatory update before I can log in.  So thanks for making me late for work because I had to upload the stupid thing twice plus restart my computer.   No notice, nothing.  Why in the world must the tech people make my job twice as hard as it should be!?  And MQ wonders why they have unhappy employees.  Is it so hard to A) get the stupid program First Time Right and B) have some sort of communication with the employees? ...

Got To Love The MQ Tech People
Mar 14, 2011

Apparently the MQ mail was down most of the weekend, thus preventing the RTLs from sending their messages of high backlogs or late reports (while I don't consider 30 reports a high backlog that is a vent for another email).  Tech knew the email was down and even posted a message on MQ Central, but apparently didn't let the RTLS or the CCMs know the MQ mail was down.  When the emails started coming through finally this morning message after message from the RTLs and the CCM, e ...

I Guess Keystrokes Didn't Waste Enough People's Time
Oct 20, 2014

posting the same jobs for which they received 735 responses, mine included. 31 years of experience, multispecialty, 3 compatible computers, and must have got 100% on the easiest 'test' I've ever taken...I wonder which of us will 'get a life' first...and who's the bigger fool at this point, the poster or responders... jes' sayin'--know what I mean KB? ...

So Now Tech Support People Are Indian?
Dec 07, 2012

Are they just slowly but surely going to have ALL employees from India? ...

Hey People, Great Job Today 'disliking'
Jan 19, 2015

'jobs' on the board these past few days who deserve same. We 'hear' you, and we believe you! Thanks for sparing the unsuspecting the hassle and horror of some of these places... Keep up the good work. It's all we can do to help ourselves and each other until something happens, and we all receive once again the respect, dignity and salaries we deserve. IMO, I would say if you see 3 or more 'dislikes' on a job posted on Seeker's, RFYL! Sincerely, ...

Assistmed People - Get Your Direct Deposit Today?
Sep 25, 2012

For anybody that works for Assistmed, did you get your direct deposit?  Mine always, always hits my bank between 12:30 a.m. and 12:45 a.m., except this time of course, when it's critical. TIA! ...

I Wrote To The USMLE Exam People Today And Asked A
Jul 18, 2013

Namely, why US hospitals are being turned into Towers of Babel because there is no SPOKEN English testing of foreign physicians.   As it is, they only need to be able to read/write English sufficiently well to take the exam, which is a very different thing entirely from being able to speak English. It's passing strange to me that when I'm doing the most difficult work that I do with some of the most abysmal dictators that I deal with, who cannot string 3 English words togeth ...

Advice Please - EKG Tech/EMR Tech
Jan 13, 2015

For anyone out there working in these fields, I would love a little advice, please.  I am able to take a program in either EKG tech or EMR tech.  I just do not know which to choose!  The programs are through a local college and both prepar for certification exams.  I am interested in both, however, it is a matter of which has the better opportunity to obtain a job.  Thank you. :) ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

Can Anybody Guess
Jan 04, 2012

Just came across this VR interpretation.  Can anybody guess what the doc was really saying "History of pepperoni she abandoned" ...

I Guess We Will Need At Least
Mar 09, 2014

Because the second TAA petition is about to expire, and as soon as we all get laid off, then we can get back to school.   ...

How Are There People With No Work, And People On
Jul 17, 2013

We have helper pools for a reason!  Sounds like some TSMs need to get to work. ...

Are Timesheets Approved Today? Nothing From TSM On Monday Or Today. NM
Jan 01, 2014

xx ...

Email Working Today? Silent Today.
Feb 25, 2015

By this time in the day, usually, there has been at least 7 emails - several from QA, at least 2-3 backlog updates, and 1 reminder to work our shift and work our entire shift. ...

Guess What, Another Incentive, Oh Boy!!
Oct 23, 2009

This is getting to be a regular thing.  Barely enough work to go around in my BOB as it is! ...

To All The Newbies And I Guess All MQ MT's.
Jan 23, 2010

I have been with MQ, well. . . , FOREVER unfortunately.  I found out about the board when I was googling something about Medquist about 2-1/2 years ago.  How did you all find out about this board! ...

Anybody Want To Guess What This Is Supposed To Say?
May 03, 2010

He received supplemental oxygen and anti manic amputations by EMS. ...

Guess I Am Not Leaving
Jun 25, 2010

Got an E-mail (isn't that personal, but better than nothing, I guess) that my old hospital has decided not to fill the position "at this time," but will keep my resume for future reference.  New clothes, pedicure, and a lot of stress for nothing.  So my MQ job is looking a lot better today. . .  Maybe next time.  ...

Can Nobody Even Venture A Guess As To Why
Dec 01, 2011

a company would do that???????? ...

Take A Guess At This ASR Miss
Jan 05, 2012

ASR says: He was seen in "twelfth" 2011.   Anyone care to guess what "twelfth" means? ...

Guess I Am Not One Of The Chosen Few
Mar 07, 2012

E-mail says 300 MTs chosen to attend the webcast.  If you haven't received an invitation, you're not in.  Curious to see what the 300 have to say... ...

I Guess I'll Just Be Glad For One More Day
Sep 15, 2012

MModal didn't cut my pay this week, I haven't been thrown into the cesspool yet, I haven't been put on QA review (yet) and I have plenty of work.  So we'll see what tomorrow brings. ...

I Guess I'm Stuck In MT
Jan 03, 2013

I failed another interview yesterday, and I'm not going to do anymore interviews.  When they start asking stuff like, how does your experience as a medical transcriptionist translate to this particular job, I'm stumped.  Among other questions. I have started building some other skills (like Excel), but I always end up looking like a complete idiot.  So I'm just gonna stick with MT until it goes away and then I'll go to the unemployment office and mayb ...

I Lucked Out I Guess
Dec 17, 2014

I figured mine on Friday the old way and just checked my new one to approve and it is the same as it would have been on old pay scale.  Holding my breath for the next week.  So ridiculous.  ...

They Are Forcing Us To Guess At Words So Not To
Mar 02, 2010

exceed the submission rate.  That will stop once the client starts reading the reports and sees all the errors.  Seems like it would invalidate their contract with MQ.  Maybe we should stop sending reports to QA, just guess at everything.  Our defense would be that we were forced to do this.  ...

I Need Help. Doctor Says D As In Mary, Guess I'll
Mar 26, 2010

leave a blank, but will probably be blamed for that. ...

I Guess We Now Dictate With Our Family
May 11, 2010

I just had an idiot dictating with what sounded like his whole family in the background, foreground, everyground.  Two young girls talking and giggling and then saying goodbye to each other.  Daughter talking to mother.  Some kind of beeping noise like a piece of heavy equipment backing up....beep, beep, beep, beep.  Dictator just yapping away.  How inconsiderate!!!!  Okay, I'm done.  ...

Do You Think We Should Guess At Drug Names?
Nov 05, 2010

Am I overly concerned or do you think I may have a point?  I think the Word Help Board is invaluable and have always helped whenever I 100% knew the correct spelling.  But as I have been reading the questions, there seem to be more and more drug questions from drug lists, which means no point of reference.  There are also a few “allergic to: sounds like” questions.  When I first started working as a Medical Transcriptionist, QA was always:  “Leave a b ...

Guess I'll Have To Stick With Corporate
Aug 18, 2011

I give up.  I've submitted so many resumes and applications that my head is spinning.  I can't help it that my experience is more than two years ago.  The doctor died and the practice split up!  I live in a small town where outsourcing is unheard of and the MTs work at a place until they die.  I passed my typing test and editing test with All-Type, had my interview, discussed contract terms, and the woman said she would send the contract out.  But she ...