A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Assistmed people - get your direct deposit today? - MTinNC

Posted: Sep 25, 2012

For anybody that works for Assistmed, did you get your direct deposit?  Mine always, always hits my bank between 12:30 a.m. and 12:45 a.m., except this time of course, when it's critical.

TIA!

AssistMed Direct Deposit - IC

[ In Reply To ..]
I did not get mine either.

No deposit here either. This is #2 for me. sm - Getting antsy

[ In Reply To ..]
My deposit is not there either. This is the 3rd time in 4 months for me that there was a delay - twice this month! My check from 9/10 was delayed as well. It is costing me money to get paid, because bills that will draft today/tomorrow will overdraft now. Last payday it cost me $175.00!!

OMG! I don't care what they say - msmt

[ In Reply To ..]
about MModal, at least we get paid on time every time and if it is short more than $100 they overnight it to you.

Assistmed - ME

[ In Reply To ..]
Is this company going bad? I don't even have the desire to get on and work!! I need my pay!! I work most days a double shift..the hell with that!! Tomorrow is going to be too late. My cell phone will be turned off.. no groceries tonight!

Did anybody get the email/explanation? - not me

[ In Reply To ..]
Supposedly an email was sent out/explanation and if didn't get it should 'check the spam folder.' I didn't get it - did anybody else? If so, would you mind forwarding it to me?
Assistmed - ME
[ In Reply To ..]
How long have you been with them? Are you an MT or an editor?
Editor for a year - not me
[ In Reply To ..]
I've still heard nothing other than the 'some time tomorrow.'
GOT IT, FINALLY!! - FINALLY
[ In Reply To ..]
I finally got my pay. Check your banking accounts, it might be there now.
Are you CST or EST?? - Thank God for you!!
[ In Reply To ..]
Yay!!!
FINALLY GOT IT - FINALLY GOT IT
[ In Reply To ..]
Neither, mountain.
Good for you :) Glad you did. Nothing for me. nm - Getting antsy
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
Nothing here either, and I usually get mine midnight. - EST
[ In Reply To ..]
Why would they not all hit at the same time, and why would someone 2 hours behind get it before EST did? I passed panic mode a long time ago, especially facing no electricity. All I got from mgmt was "someone else got their's, keep checking" which means they won't be as proactive about checking into anything.
Depends on time they sent the funds to process. sm - Getting antsy
[ In Reply To ..]
In this case - the further West you are the better your chances are. Most likely east coasters are screwed and wont get deposits until tomorrow. If they missed the ACH transfer time (which is 8 pm EST) to send the funds to process, then we wont get money until tomorrow according to my bank. But if they made the cutoff time for ACH transfers in other time zones - like MST and PST - then those funds will likely post today.

My real issue is why did this happen! Why was there not a confirmation check that everything was sent and received? I think the payroll department missed their due diligence duty by not confirming that all of the records had been transmitted properly. There is no excuse for that.

I also think that the company should have to reimburse us for any financial overdrafts that this may have caused us!
Agreed. This never should have happened - AND
[ In Reply To ..]
Why did the employees get paid and we didn't? That makes no sense at all to me. Is it not all processed together?? It sounds more to me like they're doing some scrambling fund-wise. I don't want to think that, but cannot keep ignoring the red flags of not only this, but other things that are taking place there currently. Their lack of concern about this is not acceptable, either. They certainly expect us to be the polar opposite, however.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm going to keep checking but honestly I'm not at all hopeful about it. I do wonder if they'll even be concerned about those who do not get their deposits today, or if they'll just blame it on our banks. :( I ALWAYS get mine at midnight the day of payday, so I'd say my bank is not at all slow or slacking.
Well I just had an interesting conversation with my bank - again. - Getting antsy
[ In Reply To ..]
I spoke with my bank who can now see through the ACH transfers that my deposit is there. She indicated that it was sent at 3:50 a.m. this morning with instructions not to release/settle funds to payee until 9/27. Now why would they restrict settlement of the funds until tomorrow? Why - if according to their email at 11 a.m. yesterday morning that they had found the problem and corrected it - did they not send the funds until 3:50 a.m. this morning, nearly 17 hours later. And then with instructions not to release funds until yet another day!!

I think it was intentional - to miss the cutoff. I think they did not have funds available to pay us and used this delay tactic to buy them another day. They paid the employees because if they did not - they would have issues with the Department of Labor. They can skirt by not paying the ICs because the only recourse we have is civil claims.

I mean why would my bank lie? They even sent me a copy of the transmission.

DATE/TIME COLL 09-26 03:50
DATE/TIME DIST 00-00 00:00
DIST SETT DATE 09-27

Wonder how they are going to explain this one away? I have just had enough. Enough!!

OMG See! I knew it!! - Time to get off this sinking ship!
[ In Reply To ..]
Unbelievable!! Why would they release it to some people though, and not others??? Also had a feeling something was up when the person I typically have contact with, who is always, always sooo responsive was silent. So was payroll. Have you brought this to their attention?? I can't wait to hear the explanation on this one!! You do NOT treat people this way. I work my days off, double shifts, bend over backwards. I won't do it again. I'm not working until I get my money. Period.
I'll be thinking of them while my cats are going hungry - or I have to not get one of them to the vet
[ In Reply To ..]
or when I look in my empty fridge, or when I don't have a place to live. What cowards.
Pass the buck again. Sighs. - Getting antsy
[ In Reply To ..]
Their response -

From what I can see on our side, payroll was processed, Paychex pulled the funds from our bank account so I know of no reason for a hold. I would contact your bank again and if necessary, have them contact our bank to get them to release the funds.

Regards,

My bank said that even with verbal confirmation from their bank - they were instructed to hold funds from the sending bank and cannot release the funds until 9/27. So - we wait yet another day.
They'll never admit it. - Same thing as a postdated check
[ In Reply To ..]
They did it to me too. I was told the exact thing by my bank, and that they could not release it without written confirmation from the bank, but then they would have to actually admit they did it wouldn't they? Keep us posted, please.
I JUST got mine - but it is short
[ In Reply To ..]
considerably short. So now another something to deal with but at least it's enough to keep my electric on. Did anybody else get shorted?

That is ridiculous!! You are letting them get away with - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
not paying you and then you whine about it? STOP WORKING FOR THEM!! Wow!! Seriously I cannot believe you people!

I definitely couldn't work for - paymeontime

[ In Reply To ..]
someone that I couldn't trust to have my pay in on time. I did work for someone like that for just a little while. She paid by check though and I worked in her office and she never asked me, but she would ask a couple of the ladies to wait to cash their checks until she could transfer money from her personal savings account into the business account. I left not too long after that happened a couple of times.

I quit. I'm NOT putting up with it. - Done.

[ In Reply To ..]
This is the first time they've done this to me, but it will be the last. It's 4 in the afternoon and not even the decency to let us know what is going on.

Assistmed - ME

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, hell, have to vent somehow!! And, it takes at least 2 weeks to a month to get on with a new company.. a good one anyway.

Nothing by way of explanation. sm - Getting antsy

[ In Reply To ..]
No response to emails from anyone in payroll. This is really getting old. Glad all of the salaried people got their payday today.

I spoke to someone by phone. All I got was - Disgusted and starving

[ In Reply To ..]
"they should clear by tomorrow." I also got one solitary email this morning saying we would all get an email about the situation 'soon.' Payroll does not answer emails, and neither does anybody else. You know, even an acknowledgement of all this would go a long way, but they do not even have the decency to do that. But hey, why should they worry? THEY got their money, right?? :( And it's really easy to say 'find another job' but jobs are hard to find, and then there is the time involved to do it and get hired. What happens in the interim? Yes, I'm looking, but again, it takes time, and it's so easy to say it when you're not in that position.

Didnt get mine either!! - ME

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't afford this!! May have to look for another job that is reliable. Their files can be late!!

You poor people. - flmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I couldn't imagine not getting paid on time. I do have a second job that is great also. She pays whenever you send her an invoice. Even if it is twice a week. You can get paid the same day you send in the invoice if you live close enough to drive there.

This is just awful :,< - High and dry

[ In Reply To ..]
I did hear "there's a problem with payroll" and we would be "getting an email soon" about it, but nobody wants to answer WHEN we are getting our money. I cannot even tell you what a horrible position this has put me in. I don't have the desire to get on and work either, when I work my tail off for them. They've put me in a dangerous situation here. All I can do not to quit.

Employees got paid but ICs did not. Still waiting to here why and when... - IC

[ In Reply To ..]
x

They say by tomorrow - We will see

[ In Reply To ..]
By tomorrow they will clear. Still no word on why it happened and when exactly that is.

No paycheck - beentheredonethat

[ In Reply To ..]
I'd be calling the Labor Board AND unemployment office
CANT AS AN IC, THERE IS NO RECOURSE - ME
[ In Reply To ..]
Can't when you're an IC. There is no recourse.

I bet if nobody logs in to work, they'll get off their butts. - Done.

[ In Reply To ..]
Unacceptable. It's not that easy to find a job anymore either. Anybody know of good, paying places that are hiring??

This happened twice in the six years I was with them.... - anon19

[ In Reply To ..]
both times it was the payroll company they use, and generally the payroll company hiring a new employee who did not get the records in on time. Those with overdrafts were asked to send documentation and they were paid. Most everyone received their paychecks the following day. I am not defending them, believe me, I REALLY dislike ASSISTMED probably more than just about anybody else. I am just saying sometimes these things happen. I was not happy with not being paid on time either, but they did eventually make it right. That being said, I also believe there are some "internal things" going on that may have the company in jeopardy, but I have no proof, only a "gut feeling" what with some of the "higher ups" hitting the road and moving on without apparent reason after having been with them since the beginning. Very strange, and it would put me "on guard" if I were still with them. I wish you all luck! Keep us advised of the payroll situation.

I agree that mistakes happen, but they could communicate - not me

[ In Reply To ..]
I also agree with you that there is something going on in the company, feels like sitting on a sinking ship. I've been there plenty of times and the red flags are always the same. Is it any wonder though, the way they are about quality? They let so much slide by, and slap hands for being too particular. Thanks for the information!
communication was never one of their strong points.... - anon19
[ In Reply To ..]
they never even acknowledged that I had "resigned my position" for well over a month, and only then for the tech support people to take their software off of my computer, which fortunately, I already had done! I never trusted them "remoting in" to do anything.
Well, I'm definitely looking. - need QA opening
[ In Reply To ..]
They do seem to not talk to one another around there, but I've tried to just ignore it as 'there is something you're not going to like in every company you work at' but this?

Anyone get their deposits? I still didn't!! sm - Getting antsy

[ In Reply To ..]
Well - after all the song and dance yesterday, still no check today. Wonder whose fault it will be today? No theirs of course, not the payroll company - that was the excuse yesterday. Today they will blame my bank.

STILL NO CHECK!! - ME

[ In Reply To ..]
No, still no check for me either! I'm going to stop busting my butt to get their files in so that THEY get paid because I'M NOT EVEN PAID!!!

AMEN! Seriously, we have to hit them where it hurts - Want your files?

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, I want my money.
I WANT MY MONEY TOO!!!! - ME
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm NOT doing any further work until I see my money!!!
I'm not either. NOBODY should! - As long as we take it
[ In Reply To ..]
As long as we take this crap, they're going to do it. It would take them days to a week to get someone in to do the work we do. I'm not doing another line until they fix this. Not that I'll be able to, my power is about to go unless I pay my bill today.
REPLY FROM MGT - ANOTHER ONE NOT GETTING PAID
[ In Reply To ..]
I am aware of the situation, have escalated to payroll and upper management, and am awaiting an update. They are in California so it is still before business hours there. I understand your frustration and will let you know more when I hear back.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
I got that too - Same old crap
[ In Reply To ..]
I got the same thing not too long ago, but isn't that what they said yesterday??? Something is really wrong.

I didn't get mine either after all the B/S yesterday - About to be in a serious situation

[ In Reply To ..]
Not here either, but I was assured "we'll get it taken care of." Something is seriously wrong here, especially considering the employees got their money and we did not. I cannot even tell you what this is doing to my situation. Maybe if NOBODY works they will do something!!

Similar Messages:

AssistMed Paychecks? Anyone Gotten Theirs This Week Since They Did Not Do Direct Deposit? Nm
Sep 13, 2013

nm ...

Anyone Else NOT See Direct Deposit In Their
Dec 24, 2009

NM ...

Any Ex JLG Get Their Direct Deposit Yet?
Sep 23, 2011

Maybe I just checked too early? Thanks! ...

Where Is My Direct Deposit? Anyone Else?
Oct 31, 2013

I am wondering if the bank is playing with the money or there is a problem in payroll distribution land. B of A has finally stated (admitted) the method they are using to manipulate credits and debits to generate the most fees My direct deposit has always shown up at midnight. My bank text message notification always comes just after midnight. ...

Direct Deposit
Feb 06, 2015

Can those of you who have direct deposit for your pay check tell me when it is normally deposited to your account? Thanks! ...

Direct Deposit Late
Dec 28, 2012

Is anyoe else's direct deposit late?  Mine always shows up shortly after midnight, but it is not there.  ...

Is Direct Deposit Required?
Jan 21, 2015

Is direct deposit required, or are paper checks an option to get paid? ...

FutureNet Tech Direct Deposit
Jan 28, 2011

Anyone else not get paid via direct deposit today? The gal in payroll has not replied to my email and wondering what is going on.  ...

Anyone Receive Their Direct Deposit Tonight?
Dec 28, 2012

Mine usually hits tonight (Thursday night) and I have not received it. ...

Direct Deposit Paycheck From Transtech?
Feb 09, 2013

Did anyone else not receive their direct deposit paycheck from Transtech? This is a first for me.  ...

Direct Deposit, Thought I Would Share
May 08, 2013

Just thought I would share.  With direct deposit, I've read people saying they don't have bank accounts or whatever, and I have one, but choose to use a Netspend card for my direct deposits.  The GOOD THINGS about the card are that first of all, you receive your direct deposit the MINUTE it is sent by your company.  I am ALWAYS paid two days earlier than payday and that is on both jobs that I work.  There is no waiting for the bank to clear and such or worrying abou ...

Nice That IMEDX Direct Deposit Came In
Nov 27, 2014

xx ...

Why Would A Company Not Offer Direct Deposit?
Feb 13, 2015

It seems to be a win-win for both transcriptionist and company with time saving and cost saving. So, why would they not offer it? Makes one wonder if the company is financially sound. ...

Not Liking Lack Of Direct Deposit.
Mar 06, 2015

The company I work for is decent, as far as MTSOs go. Pay is better than most but still crappy IMO.  The problem is they do not offer direct deposit. Receiving my check is so sporadic with mail service being horrible. Some pay periods I get it 2 days after mailing, other times it may take up to a week. I have bills to pay and really need something that I can depend on being there at regular interval. Really considering going elsewhere if they don't start offering Direct Depos ...

First Paycheck - Is It Direct Deposit Or Paper Check?
Nov 09, 2009

Used to be if you made change of bank account, the first one was paper and then DD kicked in.  Anyone know>? ...

Paper Check Versus Direct Deposit
Dec 11, 2009

I just signed up for direct deposit but I didn't get paid yesterday like I was supposed to.  How long does it take for a paper check to arrive in the mail?  ...

Keystrokes - Paycheck By Direct Deposit Or By Mail?
Jul 15, 2010

Does anyone know if keystrokes pays your last paycheck by direct deposit or by mail? Thank you. ...

Anybody Work For Breitner? Direct Deposit Question
Oct 03, 2013

I'm a recent hire working for Breitner.  I got my training pay through the mail and now I am supposed to be getting my first regular direct deposit pay check tomorrow, 10/04.  However, when I go to Paychex and check my paystubs online, it says no check history.   I know pay day isn't until tomorrow, but my experience with other places is that usually the check history will show up online a few days in advance of the day the actual check hits via direct deposit.  I& ...

With Direct Deposit, Do Nuance Paychecks Ever Arrive Early?
Feb 13, 2015

I'm a newbie at Nuance, and I was just wondering if anyone's check comes early with direct deposit, or does everyone get them on the actual payday? ...

AssistMed People....Just Out Of Curiosity
Sep 27, 2012

Just out of curiosity, have you all gotten your paychecks deposited??  I have not seen any new posts, so can assume that you have, but would just like to have it acknowledged in some fashion.  Was anyone "shorted" pay except for the one poster below?  ...

Many CCM, QC And Tech People Let Go Today. Guess They
Oct 08, 2012

x ...

Hey People, Great Job Today 'disliking'
Jan 19, 2015

'jobs' on the board these past few days who deserve same. We 'hear' you, and we believe you! Thanks for sparing the unsuspecting the hassle and horror of some of these places... Keep up the good work. It's all we can do to help ourselves and each other until something happens, and we all receive once again the respect, dignity and salaries we deserve. IMO, I would say if you see 3 or more 'dislikes' on a job posted on Seeker's, RFYL! Sincerely, ...

I Wrote To The USMLE Exam People Today And Asked A
Jul 18, 2013

Namely, why US hospitals are being turned into Towers of Babel because there is no SPOKEN English testing of foreign physicians.   As it is, they only need to be able to read/write English sufficiently well to take the exam, which is a very different thing entirely from being able to speak English. It's passing strange to me that when I'm doing the most difficult work that I do with some of the most abysmal dictators that I deal with, who cannot string 3 English words togeth ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

Anyone Ever Had An MTSO Request The MT Pay A 'deposit' For A Software License?
Nov 01, 2010

1.  I s/w an MTSO today for a potential job.  They told me that they are going to be switching platforms and that the new software comes with a 30-day free license but after that, they ask that all MTs pay a $250 license fee.  She said it was refundable after employment ended so long as I sign off that I will not use the software anywhere else.  This sounds kinda fishy to me, since it seems that this expense should be something paid for by the company.  2.&nbs ...

AssistMed, Anyone?
Jun 24, 2010

Have an offer to consider but while waiting for details thought I'd see if anyone is familiar with them.  TIA for any info! ...

AssistMed Job??
Aug 27, 2014

Can someone comment on MT work with AssistMed? I'm thinking about accepting a job with them but I don't know much about them other than 7 cpl... ...

Anybody Know About AssistMed?
Sep 07, 2014

Hey, Anybody know about AssistMed? I can never seem to make over 3$ an hour and 8 hours of work usually earns me about 31$. Not sure what is going on here......... ...

Number To Call To Get Computer Deposit Money Back
Jun 24, 2015

I quit Nuance over a year ago and just recently sent computer back (their delay, not mine).  I'm supposed to get computer deposit money back but haven't yet.  Does anyone know the correct phone number to contact regarding following up on this? Is it Human Resources? Only numbers I have are old TM and HR number from 2011. Thanks. ...

New Info On AssistMed?
Nov 02, 2009

The posts I have read are old.  ...