A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MQ buys M*modal - Now you will see change

Posted: Jul 11, 2011

for the worse, if that's possible!

Anyone who thought they'd conquer VR and make money, MQ just shot you in the foot. 

MModal - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I typed in MModal and came up with Nuance. If they are taking over, who are they not taking over???? Dear Lord help us !!!!

nuance/MQ - ex-webbie

[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance owns EScription and the Dragon line of VR.

M*Modal WAS used by WMX and also by Transcend, Transolutions, to name a few that I know of.

M*Modal was the chief competitor to Nuance's EScription.

Now, I jumped from the Web to a company that uses M*Modal, and I wonder if that means we will get gobbled up by MQ???? OMGGGGG.........

Medquist - Justme

[ In Reply To ..]
Anyone else following healthstory.com (Medquist is on the executive committee). It used to state membership fees (which MQ pays) - not cheap! - but doesn't list this anymore. Everyone should spend some time searching this site imo.
health story - justme
[ In Reply To ..]
Found it, still on website. Promoter 1 year membership $15,000 and $9000 subsequent annual membership. A project they believe in....too bad they don't believe in their transcriptionists anymore. I need out of this profession; if it can be called that....

CBay already implemented and possibly owned M-Modal. CBay bought MQ, so... - Former Cbayer

[ In Reply To ..]
and let me tell you, M-Modal is probably worse than DQS, if that's possible.

Do you have it backwards? - Stella

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you have it backwards? I've heard that MedQuits bought CBAY, not the other way around. I've also never heard of M-modal in connection with CBAY

I worked at Cbay several years ago, and we used - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
M-Modal. And no, it's not backwards -- Cbay bought MQ.

No. CBAY definitely bought MQ, not the other way around. nm - Nickname/Alias

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

No, no, no -- CBAY definitely bought Q. - no name

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

CB did not actually buy MQ, they took control - through stocks

[ In Reply To ..]
If MQ has not put themselves in a such a precarious position by being crooks and sued because of it, causing the majority MQ stock holder to bail, CB would probably still not be in control. MQ would not sell to CB in the past, so CB waited like a vulture until MQ impailed themselves on a crooked dagger and grabbed the self-inflicted wounded MQ. We are now CB's puppet and another cow to milk dry.

I agree. Ihave worked on both and I thought Mmodal was worse - but from what I read, the reason they bought it is

[ In Reply To ..]
Medquist probably needs the Mmodal technology for the Meaningful Use criteria that will be needed when everyone has to implement EMR. I bet DQS doesn't do that and it was easier to buy a company than to re-tool DQS for the EMR.

DQS always has been M*Modal - MT in The Know

[ In Reply To ..]
DQS is the transcription platform and M*Modal is the VR engine that works along with DQS, two separate programs configured to work together.

DQS does not have its "own" separate VR engine. It's always been M*Modal that has handled the VR part and is configured to work alongside of/within DQS.

And that's also why MQ's ASR has always been so terrible, because it's powered by M*Modal.

When the full change is made, you'll see the difference. - One who has used both.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

DQS isn't going away - derp

[ In Reply To ..]
Based upon everything that I know at this time, I can say that M*Modal is not going to replace DQS. There will be a merging of the functionality, for sure, but the "flagship" transcription product will remain DQS.

No, not correct - derp

[ In Reply To ..]
The backend speech recognition engine is SpeechMagic, which was jointly developed by Phillips Speech Technologies and MQ. When Phillips spun off their speech group, it was purchased by (dun dun duuuun) Nuance. We negotiated to keep using SM. This move to M*Modal more of a technology thing than anything.

Similar Messages:

The Q Buys JLG?
Sep 16, 2011

I wonder how that's going over down there? I can only surmise. ...

MQ Buys JLG. How Many Companies Has MQ
Sep 16, 2011

"Chewed up and spat out" might be a better description. ...

When MQ Buys Out A New Company, Do They
Mar 16, 2012

My company was just bought last month, and suddenly all the higher ups are "resigning".  I would think they would have done that before accepting the new position, not after jumping through all the hoops and piles of paperwork to get hired, the miserable process of training on 10 different website logins, etc. None of them will admit it, but it sure seems like MQ is firing off everyone who doesn't make them money.  Is this the normal process?   ...

CBay Buys Spheris
Feb 03, 2010

Just curious, how do you guys (and gals) feel about the fact that CBay just purchased Spheris? ...

Looks Like A Done Deal, MQ Buys Spheris
Apr 15, 2010

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2010/04/12/daily31.html   MedQuist Inc. and its majority shareholder, CBay Inc., will buy Franklin-based Spheris Inc. for $116.3 million — $48 million more than the companies originally offered for the bankrupt medical transcription company and its India subsidiary. A Delaware bankruptcy judge signed off on the sale today following an all-night auction of Spheris’ assets that concluded at 6 a.m. The price includes $98 ...

MedQuist Buys All Type, Too. Sm
Sep 20, 2011

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44588832 ...

MQ Buys Spheris Domestic Assets. NM
Feb 03, 2010

x ...

Nuance/Focus Buys Encompass!
Aug 08, 2010

Focus is an offshore company.  Another good company down the tubes.  ...

WebmedX Buys School - Lets All MTs Go - STUDENTS Doing Work/no Pay?
Oct 10, 2010

I am guessing with the low quality I see that 10:1 they let a plethora of MTs go right AFTER acquiring an MT SCHOOL so that they could have the students do the work as required work for th program and not pay them.  Some of the reports I see look like they were done by a 7-year-old or someone for whom English is a second language. ...

Medquist Buys Spheris For $116 Million, Spheris Execs Get Their $850K Bonus
Apr 15, 2010

Having paid too much you can be assured their will be layoffs a plenty in about 6 mos time. ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

M*Modal VR
Sep 25, 2010

I have another question.  When one does a draft in VR, does MT get paid for all lines in the draft or would an MT get paid if it has to be edited.  I will be trying to learn this in the next few weeks and I am scared to death I will not catch on and then I might be without a job.   I have a feeling I might not get paid for the whole draft report.  Then again it may depend on the company.  Any opinions please.   Thanks  ...

The M*Modal Man...
Jan 24, 2012

...looks like he's dropping a deuce.  Sorry, but he does.   Also, how do you pronounce the name of the company?  I say it to rhyme with immobile - immodal.   ...

Does Anyone Know Anything About M*Modal?
Feb 08, 2012

Does anyone know anything about M*Modal? I have never heard of them and would like some input. Thanks. ...

What/who Is M*Modal?
Mar 03, 2012

Is this Medquist?  Tell me more.  I used to work for MQ years ago and was interested in going back part time. ...

M*modal MTs
Mar 25, 2012

I'm considering applying to M*modal.  I've been around the block (several times) so I'm aware of the reputation, etc.  This means anyone who just wants to slam the company, please bypass this thread.  For those of you who work for M*modal and are happy, what is it you like about the company?  Would you recommend a friend apply? TIA. GG ...

M*Modal Job
Apr 13, 2012

Been offered a job at M*Modal.  Can anybody tell me the pros and cons of working there?  Is there enough work.  Where I work now it is SO hit and miss, feast or famine.  I need something more consistent. Are they flexible?   Let me know your thoughts. Thanks, Dee Dee ...

Going With M*Modal
Apr 30, 2012

Our hospital is supposed to make the decision tomorrow if they are going to keep our work in-house or outsource to M*Modal.  I want to make an informed decision when and if we are told we are going with M*Modal.  Do you get holidays?  How is the pay?  Flexible schedule?  What about our vacations that are already scheduled?  If they hire us will we still be on our same accounts? Thanks for any info. ...

M*Modal Buy Out
May 24, 2012

When M*Modal does a buy out, are the clients from that company they bought out notified? ...

New Job With M Modal
Jun 15, 2012

Hello Everyone, The hospital I have been working for has switched all of our transcriptionist to M Modal.  I will be doing radiology work.  Any helpful hints out there.   ...

TTM*Modal
Jul 11, 2012

Interesting, indeed. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/m-modal-selected-transtech-medical-133000153.html ...

M Modal Pay
Jul 15, 2012

Anyone working for M Modal - Please let me know how much money per hour is possible to be made?  Replies will much appreciated.   ...

How Much Do M-Modal Pay
Sep 30, 2012

I was thinking of applying for a job at M-Modal as I am not so happy with my current job and how they pay. Can anyone help me and tell me how much M-Modal pay their staff? ...

M*Modal-SSN??
Oct 16, 2012

I am on the M*Modal website to apply, and they are asking for my social security number.  I have never provided this on a job application.  Is this legit? ...

Can Someone Please Tell Me About M*Modal, Please?
Nov 30, 2012

I am thinking about testing for acute care transcription with M*Modal. But, when I went to their web site I see they are owned by someone in India? Is that for real? Also, I see posts here in this chat room "no work, no work, no work, paycheck sucks," etc. Can anyone fill me in on M*Modal, please. Also, do they supply you with the equipment? I do not want to work for a company owned by someone in India, that's for sure! Thank you in advance for your help! MT2 ...

New Job At M*Modal
Feb 05, 2013

I stopped doing medical transcription for a while and I am considering getting back into it.  I live in Green Bay, and no one is hiring in house.  I am considering taking a test with M*Modal.  Can anyone tell me anything about this company?  Good, bad, and ugly. ...

Just Saw An Ad For PT For M*Modal???
Sep 08, 2013

I thought they got rid of all PT positions??  Here's the link:  http://www.getmedicaltranscriptionjobs.com/acute-care-medical-transcriptionist-home-based-phoenix-arizona-3026501.htm ...

M*Modal Going Under?
Sep 08, 2014

I heard that M*Modal is sinking fast and won't be in business much longer.  Has anyone else heard this?  They've been having problems getting investors and new clients, so it wouldn't come as any great shock.  ...

So M*Modal And
Sep 30, 2014

Both offered OT last weekend....hmmm..... ...

M-Modal
Feb 13, 2015

Our company recently outsourced us and we are being offered jobs w M-Modal.  I have seen all of the negative comments but I was wondering how bad the pay is.  I typed about 220 lines/hour doing straight typing and they are saying their average for voice rec is 220/lines per hour.  If that were the case you'd be making nothing!  Can anyone give me any input?  Thanks!  ...