A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I am thinking of clocking in under work availability while - waiting for trinkling jobs

Posted: Apr 25, 2013

If I am sitting at my computer waiting for jobs to come in every 5-13 minutes, I should be paid. I should not have to be penalized by an adverse effect on my line count if I were to stay clocked in as production. Waiting for jobs while clocked out is still being on the job if you are signed into Fluency. So, the way I figure, you are still working, but off the clock. Plus, as proof that you are working off the clock, your Fluency log in time will be greater than your clocked in time. If I do get an email telling me not to be signed in for work availability while waiting for a job, then I will have proof that I am being asked to work off the clock.

I would do it, then contact the Labor Board if they - dared to hassle me about line count!

[ In Reply To ..]

I did that and I didn't get an e-mail, I got a phone call - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
My TSM gave me a stern warning to clock off and do the whole Remedy thing.

YEP. Follow the 15 min protocol or get a phone - call. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I suspect they come down on the TSMs if people are not following the 15 min, remedy ticket rule. So in turn the TSM comes down on the MT.

I need documentation of the "15-minute"/sign out while waiting rule. - Not found on MM Central.

[ In Reply To ..]
We are really being ripped off. Tantamount to manipulating time cards.
documentation of the "15-minute" - Check your email. - Every TSM had to send procedure to
[ In Reply To ..]
follow when out of work. If yours didn't not sure what to tell you, but I know there was a big fuss over it after the holiday season when everyone was out of work and higher ups were wondering why so many NJA tickets. You should have documentation in an email somewhere.
it is on MQ Central - shooter
[ In Reply To ..]
Departments

What you are saying is true. I was told that - when it gets like that to just

[ In Reply To ..]
Go ahead and clock off altogether and check back in about a half hour to an hour, maybe even two. Then if there is work clock back in and finish whats left of your schedule; maybe try to work an extra half hour or hour to make up for NJA time. Then at the end of your shift, put in a remedy ticket anyway, citing that there was no work. Punched out and checked back later. Also add the time you actually worked on remedy ticket that coincides with time clock.

You will not get the 15 min NJA pay, because rather than sit and wait 15 minutes you will choose to check back later. But at least you are not sitting and waiting when you could be doing other things. In the section that asks if you want to take without pay, PTO or make-up - Choose which ever one works best for you. If you think you can get it made up then select make-up time, if not select PTO if you have it.

If you're - out of work

[ In Reply To ..]
fill out your ticket, punch out without pay and file for partial unemployment, if this happens on a regular basis. I'm through wasting my time checking back throughout the day.

If it happens on a regular basis, by all means file for - partial UE. You dont have to

[ In Reply To ..]
check back randomly, that is just what I was told and even TSM did not insist on me doing it this way. She suggested it and it made sense, BUT then again, I seldom run out of work. If it were a continuous problem then of course by all means file for partial UE. I would'nt go through that on a regular basis.

I agree - Evelyn

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree 100%. I, however, am doing straight typing on Futurenet. We have a really stupid policy for NJA. We wait 15 minutes and, if no work, we have to do a ticket with Remedy. MM only accepts 15 minutes of NJA. If it's more, apparently you should have more accts (I have 7). I log off so it doesn't affect my lph stat but then I'm not getting my hours. It's a lose-lose situation. OR you sit, grab 1 job, wait 10 minutes, grab another job, wait 20 minutes. It truly sucks.

Similar Messages:

Clocking In And Clocking Out
May 29, 2013

So, some of you talk like clocking in and clocking out is a matter of routine... are we not supposed to stay clocked in all the time?  Is this not necessary if you want to earn that big MINIMUM WAGE PAYCHECK because there is no work?  Someone, please, set me straight!  I want to earn my own MINIMUM WAGE PAYCHECK as soon as possible!    ...

Clocking Out OOW?
May 30, 2013

Got an email earlier this week about the OOW situation, how we are supposed to do regular clock out if we intend to make up the time or clock out OOW if we are not planning to make up the time.  Anybody know what's the difference?  I am OOW now and planning to clock out soon.  I already have time from earlier this week I can't make up and now this.  Just want to know what it means.  Thanks. ...

Clocking Out For KS
May 31, 2013

Did anyone else receive an email from their coordinator about clocking in and out when there is no work on an account?  Maybe I'm wrong, but if I'm assigned a shift and I'm there looking for work, how can I be made to clock out?  If I have to be available in case there is work those 8 hours, I should be paid those 8 hours and be on the clock, right?  That email seems fishy to me.  If there are no customers in line at Burger King, employees don't clock out ...

Anybody Else Having Probs Clocking In Or Out?
Nov 12, 2012

Cannot seem to get into Alphastaff to clock out?  Anyone else having problem? ...

I Don't Mind Clocking In And Out
Dec 02, 2014

I don't mind clocking in and out, everyone has to do that, but if there is down time that needs to be added to my timecard or the like then that should be their job not ours.  I don't have time for all this unpaid crap. I just want to clock in and do my work then clock out and forget about the rest.  They get paid the big bucks to take care of our timecards if there are additions that need to be added. ...

Regarding Clocking In/out Right To The Minute, Or Being Locked Out..
Mar 06, 2010

You are all ready to clock in at precisely the scheduled time only to lose internet connection.  This has happened to me many times, and by the time I have unplugged and replugged and reset modem, and that doesn't work, so had to get on phone with internet tech support, 30 minutes or more have passed by....then what?    OR,  if the power goes out, which can be anywhere from a quick flash on and off to longer....then what?   OR, when getting close to end of shift ...

Been Clocking In And Out On My Card Whenever There Isn't Work
Feb 21, 2013

I'm tired of being clocked in and my benefit rate suffering for it so I am clocking in and out. It will probably affect my PTO since I am part time and don't get any anyway but oh well. It looks like I will be using my benefit rate a lot more than PTO what with all this NJA going on ...

Job Availability For New Coder
Feb 09, 2011

I am planning on enrolling in Andrews School to begin a new career in medical coding and also plan to become certified following that.  While looking at job opportunities, I see that most ALL job openings require 2-5 years experience in this profession.  On the other hand, I also read where this field of work is in demand of more coders.  Obviously, after finishing my course and becoming certified, I don't expect to walk right in and nail down the first job or two that I ...

ExecuScribe Availability, Pay, Etc..
Oct 11, 2011

Any current info on this company as of 2011, as in work availability, pay, etc..   I can't find them listed on the BBB's website and that concerns me.  Is there another way to check on a company to see if they're legit? ...

How Do You Check Job Availability
Feb 03, 2013

How do you check job availability? Thank you so much! ...

Work Availability
Sep 06, 2013

I am in California but as I understood the law, if they REQUIRE you to return to work and they still cannot provide work, they are REQUIRED to pay you work availability again.  Isn't that true?  Also I have only seen any of this in emails.  Why hasn't the policy officially been changed yet.  Working on researching a complaint with the labor board.  This is BS. ...

Do We Do Work Availability?
Sep 26, 2014

s ...

From Thread Below, Clocking Out For Potty Break?
Jan 20, 2011

I never clock out for breaks.  Am I supposed to?  I am scheduled for 4 hours at a time with a 1-hour break in the middle.  If I clock out for a break, don't I have to make up the time at the end of my shift?  I don't wanna do that.  I take a break whenever I feel like it.  I can't type 4 hours straight.  How does it work for everybody else? ...

When Clocking Out For Breaks, How Do You Make Up Time?
Oct 21, 2013

If I clock out to go to the bathroom, how do I make up the time and stay within my "scheduled hours"?  Just wondering how everyone else works this out.  Apparently, they no have a perfomance checker to correlate when clocked in and actually on what you are doing in DQM now.  Also, does anyone know how to check the time worked in DQM? ...

VR Rates And Work Availability
Nov 15, 2010

Can anyone tell me what the following companies pay for VR?  I would also really like to know if anyone has any problems with no work available, trouble meeting quotas, "funny" line counts, etc. I am job shopping and this is my short list of companies.  (Though I am really looking at Webmedx)  1.  Webmedx 2.  Diskriter. 3.  Precyse. 4.   Proscript. Thank in advance for any information you are wiling to share! ...

NJA And Work Availability. Different For Each Account?
Nov 24, 2012

I'm so mixed up. What I read here about no jobs available and what we are being  required to do is much different.  Originally we were told to check for work every 30 minutes and could enter 30 min of work availability, but had to stay all shift.   The following day after doing this we get an email that says that was wrong and we can only have 15 min work availability and the time cards would be corrected to take out that extra 15 min originally instructed to include.&n ...

Curious About Something,,availability Of Work
Dec 31, 2012

Those of you with limited work, I mean really low line counts..What tier are you?  Im a 3 and I rarely run out of work..Wondering if they are limiting based on experience? Not that that is right, the whole thing just makes no sense ...

Work Availability E-mail
Jan 20, 2014

Anyone else get this e-mail.  WOW.  Unbelievable.  In part: . . . there are 2 options for when we have NJA/WA   1.  Make up time the same day NJA occurs.  If you can't get in all time throughout the day to contact  TSM to make up additional time when slots are available.  DO NOT work outside your hours on any other day without permission from TSM.   2.  PTO. There is no excused absence to be used for time not able to get in.  . . .& ...

Work Availability Controlled By Schools?
Aug 26, 2010

All summer, my work has been slowly but steadily drying up.   "NJA" pops up so often, my PC screen is now starting to show those letters in that spot, even when I'm not logged on.  When your work gets slow, and you contact your company to inquire about it, don't you just WONDER how our workflow could possibly be tied-in with your local educational system?  I know I sure do. May 2010:   Reason for NJA?   "School is almost over." Early June 2010 ...

How Do You Figure Your Work Availability Time?
Nov 23, 2012

Like say you wait 5 minutes, get a job, no job, wait 5 minutes, get a job, no job, etc., till you have accumulated 15 minutes, but then how do you show it on the clock? Or do you restart the clock each time a job comes in? ...

How Do We Enter Tech DT - Under Work Availability?
May 18, 2015

x ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...