A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

From thread below, clocking out for potty break? - MT

Posted: Jan 20, 2011

I never clock out for breaks.  Am I supposed to?  I am scheduled for 4 hours at a time with a 1-hour break in the middle.  If I clock out for a break, don't I have to make up the time at the end of my shift?  I don't wanna do that.  I take a break whenever I feel like it.  I can't type 4 hours straight.  How does it work for everybody else?

I type/read like h-double-hocky-sticks for - 4-hour shifts also

[ In Reply To ..]
two hours and then take a break (get up and walk around, load the dishwasher, put the dogs out, etc.) and I don't clock out, then back to speed "reading" (ASR) 2 more hours, and still average 250+ lines an hour depending on ASR versus straight. I think as long as you meet your minimum line requirement per hour they don't really care because I have never heard anything about taking breaks and not clocking out.

about the potty breaks... sm - ververyoldMQMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, I was told to because it was "eating" into my lph equation. How they do it, I don't know. And yeah, I have been here 17 years. I have a medical condition that requires I work from home and close to a bathroom. I got that infamous email about allowing too many distractions to keep me from the keyboard. GEEZ!!! I follow the rules and do use FTR by searching the patient or doctor for old reports. It takes time. I am at a loss as to what they want, and I wish now I had just deleted the stupid email from them. I am trying not to let it weigh on my mind, but it is hard. Being part time anyway, the 4 cents a line puts me at below minimum wage and that is doing 198-298 lph ASR. Whatever.

I am close to retirement and I don't let - 4-hour shifts also

[ In Reply To ..]
these things bother me as much as I used to. If I have to go to the bathroom, I go and don't worry about lph equation. I take their "suggestions" with a grain of salt, taking what I can use and dicarding the rest, because the ones doing these "studies" are usually not MTs anyway (obviously) and have absolutely no clue what it takes to do our job...not their fault, just doing their job and probably feeling just as important as we do.

Don't stress over it, you know you are good and don't need any "study" to tell you otherwise. Life is too short.

I would definitely set up that toilet-bowl camera..... - LOL!!!!! (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
toilet bowl cameras - Disgusted with them
[ In Reply To ..]
If they are worried about our taking a poddy break, they shoud supply catheters!!!!! GAWD sweatshop USA!!!

That email is sent to everyone and it says the same - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
thing to everyone. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure if they had a problem with you personally they would contact you personally. These generic emails can be taken very personally and seem accusatory but remember they are sent to everyone not just you.
Maybe print out the email and use them for TP during - those potty breaks. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
ROFL nm - MalteseMom
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Don't bother clocking out for a potty break - that's ridiculous! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Clocking In And Clocking Out
May 29, 2013

So, some of you talk like clocking in and clocking out is a matter of routine... are we not supposed to stay clocked in all the time?  Is this not necessary if you want to earn that big MINIMUM WAGE PAYCHECK because there is no work?  Someone, please, set me straight!  I want to earn my own MINIMUM WAGE PAYCHECK as soon as possible!    ...

Clocking Out OOW?
May 30, 2013

Got an email earlier this week about the OOW situation, how we are supposed to do regular clock out if we intend to make up the time or clock out OOW if we are not planning to make up the time.  Anybody know what's the difference?  I am OOW now and planning to clock out soon.  I already have time from earlier this week I can't make up and now this.  Just want to know what it means.  Thanks. ...

Clocking Out For KS
May 31, 2013

Did anyone else receive an email from their coordinator about clocking in and out when there is no work on an account?  Maybe I'm wrong, but if I'm assigned a shift and I'm there looking for work, how can I be made to clock out?  If I have to be available in case there is work those 8 hours, I should be paid those 8 hours and be on the clock, right?  That email seems fishy to me.  If there are no customers in line at Burger King, employees don't clock out ...

Anybody Else Having Probs Clocking In Or Out?
Nov 12, 2012

Cannot seem to get into Alphastaff to clock out?  Anyone else having problem? ...

I Don't Mind Clocking In And Out
Dec 02, 2014

I don't mind clocking in and out, everyone has to do that, but if there is down time that needs to be added to my timecard or the like then that should be their job not ours.  I don't have time for all this unpaid crap. I just want to clock in and do my work then clock out and forget about the rest.  They get paid the big bucks to take care of our timecards if there are additions that need to be added. ...

Short Neck S/l "melon Potty Class 3"
Mar 02, 2011

Discussion of patient's history of sleep apnea.  Full sentence:  "Noted short neck.  (s/l Melon potty) class 3 and edematous nasal mucosa limiting airflow to the nose." Any ideas? ...

Regarding Clocking In/out Right To The Minute, Or Being Locked Out..
Mar 06, 2010

You are all ready to clock in at precisely the scheduled time only to lose internet connection.  This has happened to me many times, and by the time I have unplugged and replugged and reset modem, and that doesn't work, so had to get on phone with internet tech support, 30 minutes or more have passed by....then what?    OR,  if the power goes out, which can be anywhere from a quick flash on and off to longer....then what?   OR, when getting close to end of shift ...

Been Clocking In And Out On My Card Whenever There Isn't Work
Feb 21, 2013

I'm tired of being clocked in and my benefit rate suffering for it so I am clocking in and out. It will probably affect my PTO since I am part time and don't get any anyway but oh well. It looks like I will be using my benefit rate a lot more than PTO what with all this NJA going on ...

I Am Thinking Of Clocking In Under Work Availability While
Apr 25, 2013

If I am sitting at my computer waiting for jobs to come in every 5-13 minutes, I should be paid. I should not have to be penalized by an adverse effect on my line count if I were to stay clocked in as production. Waiting for jobs while clocked out is still being on the job if you are signed into Fluency. So, the way I figure, you are still working, but off the clock. Plus, as proof that you are working off the clock, your Fluency log in time will be greater than your clocked in time. ...

When Clocking Out For Breaks, How Do You Make Up Time?
Oct 21, 2013

If I clock out to go to the bathroom, how do I make up the time and stay within my "scheduled hours"?  Just wondering how everyone else works this out.  Apparently, they no have a perfomance checker to correlate when clocked in and actually on what you are doing in DQM now.  Also, does anyone know how to check the time worked in DQM? ...

Did You See The Thread
May 13, 2015

There's a thread on the Coding board where someone got her first coding job and got a higher salary because of her MT experience. Finally someone recognizes that we have value. It's a shame that it has to be a coding employer instead of an MT employer, but that's the way it is. MTSOs don't appreciate their employers; coding employers do. They demonstrate that by PAYING for services done, not continuous abusive e-mail, IM, and paycuts.   ...

Another QA Question Thread From Below
Dec 15, 2009

I am moving this up to the top because I think it is an important issue.  I am referring to my post below about looking at old reports and seeing the work of another MT at my company.  It was a VR report that was obviously not edited or just skimmed over.  I will look at other reports from this MT, and if I see more than 2 or 3 more with the same problems, I will report it.  As was said below, it is above all an issue of patient safety.  I am concerned about my ...

VR Person From Thread Way Down Below.
Jan 20, 2010

When a company decides to make an account VR, are all the reports a mess to begin with for weeks or months until the voice engine (sorry if that's the wrong term) learns from the "straight" transcription that is done?  Why do different platforms matter (i.e., E-scription versus M-Modal, etc).  Is it possible for a company to get an account and make it VR from day 1, or do they have MTs do regular transcription on it for awhile? I guess I'm just trying to figure outwhat I sho ...

What Happened To Thread?
Jul 19, 2011

I cannot find the long thread that started with Tracy's posting. ...

What Happened To The TAA Thread?
Jan 29, 2013

what happened to the thread where Poorhouse gets to go back to school through the TAA petition? That was valuable information.  Can't imagine why it got deleted. ...

The Long Thread Below
Jun 02, 2013

I am the OP of the long thread below.  In it someone says that MM has high standards and if you can't meet them, it's your problem.  Well, this company does not have high standards.  What it has done is create artificially high and unrealistic standards for the MT only so that they can find as many ways possible to reduce their salaries or terminate them if they so desire.  If they had high standards they would periodically review the dictionary and take out all the ...

Audits And The Thread Below
Dec 04, 2013

I want to repeat this for those who may have missed it and I am not looking for pity.   Was moved to a new account after 4 years on 2 very difficult accounts with only 1 or 2 failed audits (and was always given a second chance).  After 24 hours on the new account and telling them there was one particulary dictator I could not hear because he kept moving away from the phone, they audited me, included reports from that dictator, and immediately put me on 100% QA at which point I finally ...

TTS: IC Questions. I've Read The Thread Below. Nothing To Do With That.
Feb 08, 2010

If you're an IC there, what is the schedule like?  Can you choose it?  Sam, no need to reply.  Thanks. ...

What Happened To The Thread On The V.A. Hospitals?
Mar 12, 2010

There were some postings on V.A. Hospitals here just yesterday.  Why are they gone?  There were comments about companies that had contracts with the V.A.  Why are they missing?  Does anyone know what is going on?  Are our comments being censored?  Need to know. ...

To Answer A Question On The IC Thread Below, Someone
Mar 15, 2010

asked, "I am trying to get a grasp on the IC vs employee thing but I don't understand why a company would want to hire an IC then?" No one has answered this as of yet.   Why would a company hire an IC then?  Because they don't have to take out taxes, (including their share of Social Security), and they do not have to provide benefits.   All they have to do is cut the IC a check, and then the IC is responsible for all the taxes, including all of the Social Sec ...

Missing VA Thread With Link
Mar 17, 2010

I saw another thread yesterday discussing VA transcription and someone had posted a couple of links regarding companies who were bidding on upcoming contracts....can't find it now.  Did someone save this or can the OP post again?  Much appreciated.. ...

Not A Single Thread On TTS Today?
May 16, 2010

Maybe Monday the TTS MTs and managers will come to play?   Seriously, how many MTs are employed by TTS?  I never heard of it till lately.   ...

So Depressing, I Have Been Reading The Thread Below (sm)
Mar 12, 2011

regarding line counts, pay, etc.  I have been a medical transcriptionist for over 23 years, have experience in multiple specialties although orthopedics, neurology and cardiology are my favorite, and I barely bring home $600.00 every 2 weeks.  That is with me working 10-12 hours a day, 5 and 6 days a week.  I have been searching high and low for a new company, hating to jump ship, but desperately needing to earn more.  My statement to those earning more than 600-800 a WEEK .. ...

Spaces - What Happened To That Thread? NM
Jul 21, 2011

Did it go viral?  It was about not being paid for spaces. ...

Oh Wow That Whole Big Thread On The Main Board
Jan 30, 2013

Now if we could just get rid of the one below! ...

What Happened To The Thread Originated By The Indian MT? SM
Dec 23, 2010

An MT from India started a thread, and there were a few responses, now the entire thing is gone.  What happened? ...

What Happened To The Thread About The MT That Sent A Letter To MQ Mgmt?
Sep 27, 2011

It was on here yesterday. She got a typical suit response. Did the Q have it deleted? Wouldn't be surprised. I've noticed a lot of negative posts about different companies vanish from this site. ...

Entire Ks Late Pay Thread Completely Gone.
Nov 20, 2011

I have been a participant of this board for many years. When an enire thread disappears, I realize other boards are more MT friendly.  I will not be back.  ...

On Main Board There Is A Thread Scaring Me
Dec 12, 2011

On the main board there is a message titled "Gotta Vent" and the following replies regarding coding have made me sick to my stomach, especially because a couple people stated seeing their coding departments wiped out by the EMR systems. Could someone shed some light on this?  I am in a coding class now and I am not feeling so hot....but be honest. Thank you!  ...

Enjoy Your Job? (A Positive Thread For Change)
Oct 31, 2012

Just wanted to find out how many of us out there are loving our jobs? Personally, I'm currently in a position to have to choose between the day job that I love as a receptionist in a Fortune 500 company where I live in Colorado, and my night job where I spend about 5 hours an evening transcribing for a great ortho group out in New Jersey through a fantastic transcription company in the same state called DocuMed, and I can't decide which to keep!  I've been with both for abou ...