A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

DQS taking a LONG time to download dictations? - anon

Posted: Aug 02, 2010

Is anyone having problems with DQS taking a LONG time to download dictations?  This is ridiculous!

I thought it was just me - Slooooowwww

[ In Reply To ..]
For the last hour of my morning shift, it took over 10 seconds to move from ADT screen, upload, or practically any other maneuver. My computer also took veerrryyy long to open an Internet page to search for something (a town). When I signed off for the morning, it said Windows had something to install. It also made me wonder if every once in awhile MQ doesn't virtually watch us as we work. Maybe my computer is just wearing out, but maybe I'm just paranoid. I do all the regular cookies maintenance, de-frags, etc., but sometimes it just goes SOOO slow while I'm working.

DQS problems - 12yrmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I was having a ton of trouble yesterday, and it actually turned out to be my ISP this time. It was working fine for me this afternoon for the handful of jobs I managed to get. I think I saw a notice on the DQM screen about more work on DQS to fix an issue with the latest release from this weekend, though.

Similar Messages:

Is The System Down. Long Report Trying To Download(sm)
Jun 09, 2015

Report downloaded, disappeared, downloaded again, now as I'm trying to start the report it is showing only partially downloaded.   ...

What Is Taking So Long To Get Our Pay Sheets Out???
Dec 17, 2014

I've been so stressed waiting to see what last week's pay will be I can hardly sit here and work. ...

How Long After Taking The Test Do They Contact You?
Nov 18, 2010

Took the MQ test, didn't find it to be all that awful, I guess... so how long after you submit it do you find out if you passed or not?  Granted, after spending the last two days on here reading every post I'm scared to death now and really not sure I really want to know, but bottom line, I need to work, and they pay benefits so I guess it's all good and maybe I'll get lucky and if I get hired it won't be all bad.    Anyway, would appreciate any feedback.. ...

How Long Do You Wait For Jobs Before Taking A Break?
Jul 15, 2011

I am on a troublesome account that is fairly new to the company and is a mix of VR and straight transcripiton.  When it first started, there was plenty of work.  All that work has now dried up.  I am lucky if I get a total of 400 lines per day.  Most of my day (approximately 12 hours a day) I sit and keep clicking for the next job to download from EditScript and most of the time anymore nothing comes.  My question for anyone who would care to answer is how long would you ...

Just An FYI To Everyone About The New Taking Time Off
Dec 03, 2013

without pay we were given (13 days). If you use this for NJA you will forfeit an entire day of the time off without pay, even if it's just 1 hour. The days off are not hourly. They are daily, so if you had 1 hour left in your shift and had NJA and took the time off without pay, 1 entire day of your time off without pay would be used. Looks like MM screwed us again. ...

Taking A Poll? How Much Time Per Day
May 23, 2010

do you spend doing required work that you don't get paid for?  For instance: "Simply" punching in for the day, then punching out, in and out again if you take a break or have a split shift on our zippy and oh-so-easy-to navigate ScheduleSource. Keeping an expanded paper file (fills up my desk) of all the client profiles we have to know like the back of our hand (so far 43 for me in the last 18 months). Checking our turbo-charged Medquist mail system just to read the mail let alone a ...

Amphion Requires "verifiable Download Time"??
Sep 25, 2010

On the first page of the Amphion job application, they're saying that you have to have a verifiable download time of 768 kbps or thereabouts, and they have a link so you can test this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this have to do with the volume load at any given time? Are they serious, owned by a major ISP, or what? My speed for Bellsouth lowest speed DSL was only a third that speed, but on a weekend... ...

Once Upon A Time Long Ago....
Jul 22, 2012

Remember when we worked as MTs and didn't have QAs?  Boy those were the days!  Anyone else remember that?  Remember when we were good, trusted, common sense mattered, we made our own judgment calls, did our job and supervisors liked us?  Wow all was wonderful with the world back then.  Okay going back to my current reality now......   ...

Long Time MTs I'd Like Your Input Please
Apr 12, 2013

Remember the good old days when we had our own accounts and only signed with a service as "filler?" This is the third time that I have committed to working full time, signed the "Agreement" that yes, I will work for you full time hours, only to end up with under 20 hours for the month, or better yet sitting and waiting and waiting to start with now no full-time income coming in because I have committed to them to full time! Has anyone ever tried to be compensated for that time? If ...

I Am A LONG Time Medquist'er About To Take A Leap
Dec 05, 2011

I've been with Medquist forEVER but I've been consistently losing income for the past 3 years.  Last month, I was forced to go on governmental assistance just to keep a roof over my and my son's heads because of my lack of income with Medquist.  This year I may just barely make $10,000.  I have been with this company through thick and thin.  I have seen thousands of changes, and been through several dozen supervisors.  I am a WAY dedicated employee, p ...

Long Time MT With Burnout And Cabin Fever!
Dec 16, 2009

I've been an MT for 15 years and work full time, 40 hours a week.  Lately, I have been SO restless and bored to death with my job!  I'm married and have no kids--when my husband gets home from work, he is glad to be here; meanwhile, by mid week, I'm about to go stark raving mad due to being at home so much!  Now I'm not new at this, as I said.  I have also been in QA, which I enjoyed much more, but the pay was so dire that I went back to transcribing. ...

Does Being A Long-time MT Make You More Valuable If You Become A Coder?
Mar 28, 2010

So if someone has been an MT for 10 years and then moves onto coding, does that make them more valuable to employers? Also do you recommend the Andrews School over the rest?  I am pretty sure I am going to do this but am wondering if I should sit in college class and do all of this or go with the Andrews School. Is there really a PLUS to taking the classes on campus in a classroom setting?  Thanks! ...

Haven't Been On This Board In A Long Time And Have A Question. SM
Dec 22, 2010

I see one page of posts, doesn't seem to go to a page 2, and so on.  Company board goes from today at 4 p.m., to the 14th of Dec and no option of a 2nd page.    Does the board now automatically archive after a page is full?    Thanks.  ...

Time Versus Money - Long Commute
Aug 01, 2012

I am doing some thinking about what is important to me. I have been looking at jobs on Indeed.com and found 2 coding jobs that I might qualify for down the line, but they both involve a 1-1/2 hour commute via public transportation each way. So that's 3 hours a day getting there and back. After working at home more than 10 years, that idea seems very daunting to me. I could look for work closer to home, but the pay would be considerably less doing outpatient coding for a dr's office ...

Taking Test, Foot Pedal Issue - Report Begins Over Every Time I Lift My Foot!
May 27, 2010

I am taking a test for a company and have gotten as far as taking the transcription portion.  I downloaded their file (pedalplugin-win) but whenever I lift my foot off play, the tape rewinds to beginning.  I cannot rewind or FF and autoplay to 0 isn't registering. Can anyone suggest what I could do to? Thanks!!!!  I have 4 hours to complete test. ...

Any Long-time MTs (over 30 Years) Having Chronic Neck/back Pain
Apr 25, 2011

Any long-time MTs (over 30 years) having chronic neck/back pain, hand pain, wrist pain, migraines, etc., ever had luck at filing a workers comp claim? ...

Can Any Long Time "Keystrokers" Answer A Question
Sep 06, 2012

Considering going back, but wasn't there long enough to find out the first time.  The pay they are offering is pretty low.  Just wondering if that will be the best I can expect from them.  Thanks!  ...

25 Second Dictations
Apr 13, 2010

For the past 2 days, I have been on an account with very short dictations - clinic notes that average between 7 and 30 lines.  I am making less than minimum wage - it takes a certain amount of time just to do the ADT info and of course they are all ESL doctors.  I don't have a primary and I certainly hope this account doesn't end up as my primary.  Anyone have any tips on how to make money on these short little dictations? ...

Dictations
Mar 19, 2014

Why is it that not taken into the equation of our pay is the fact that most residents, PAs, CNP, CNM, etc., do not pronunciate, have correct grammar, or the fact that they just don't dictate adequately in general?  I spend way too much time looking up, confirming, trying to figure out what they are saying as they laugh, slur, set the phone down under paperwork while flipping through charts and sign papers (can hear this often), or constantly move the phone around where all I hear is cr ...

Kids In Dictations
Oct 24, 2009

I just got done with a job where for the last minute the kid kept saying "daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daaaaaddddy, daaaddddy... etc" for literally over a minute.  He just kept on talking like it was nothing.  I on the other hand was telling the kid to be quiet!!!  Don't think he heard me! ...

Can't Understand Dictations
Jul 17, 2012

Hi! I am currently taking my MT final. My problem is, I am having LOTS of trouble understanding some of the dictations. Is there any tips/tricks to help understand some words that are dictated? Thanks! ...

Dictations With Templates
Jan 14, 2013

When you have a dictation with a template that you have to pull in and it is ASR (why they ASR this is beyond me) do you hit the F11 to clear it out since it takes longer to move junk around. ...

Recording Dictations
Aug 02, 2013

Seriously, I wonder if there is a way to record these dictations. I would LOVE to hear for myself the "errors" QA/QC are always finding and putting into Fiesa. The fact that we are not provided with proof of these "errors" really concerns me. Please Nuance bigwigs, prove to me that QA/QC isn't making things up or hearing things wrong. Really, are we to believe that we are the only ones making mistakes, that they always have perfect hearing? I want proof! ...

Partial Dictations
Jun 22, 2014

I think all dictations at Nuance should be partial dictation worktype. Wtih "partial dictations, you don't have to do as much checking of demographics, figuring out date of service and filling that in, etc., and not having to pend and leave comments so mcuh. I notice I'm about 75 lines faster an hour when it's partial dictations because there's less outside-the-report activity to be done. This is extra activity we dont' even get paid for. After all, MTs are only paid ...

Mistakes In Normal Dictations
Jan 20, 2010

At my company (a smaller one) there are a lot of mistakes in the normal dictations that the doctors request.  The way they are created in the first place is the transcriptionist types up the report and sends it to QA saying the doctor would like to use this in the future for his normal, but I don't think they get reviewed by QA.  I think they just get created the way they are.  So if it was a right eye, the word right is there all the way through it.  If a word is misspe ...

Sample Dictations In Neuroradiology
Feb 02, 2010

http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/smd/Rad/ndictation.htm#MR_Brain   ...

What Is With These Doctors Who Just Slur Through Their Dictations?
Apr 17, 2012

Oh my gosh.  It's driving me crazy.  I end up making about 8 dollars an hour trying to interpret these jerks. Why can't they slow down and realize the quality of what they're doing? ...

Cell Phone Dictations
Dec 29, 2012

As long as you (doc) dictate on a cell phone, I PROMISE to leave blanks in your reports!!  RIDICULOUS!  This company does not pay us enuf to struggle through that crap.  Blankity, blank, blank, blank... ...

Can Barely Hear Dictations
May 08, 2013

As of yesterday, I can barely hear some of the dictations. Am I the only one? I hate it when I have to struggle to make out what in the hell some rapidly-speaking ESL doctor is saying! ...

Foreign Doctor Dictations
Aug 28, 2013

Is anyone else at Nuance getting foreign doctor dictations constantly during their shift? I do not mind doing a few at a time but having to do a full shift of foreign doctors is getting very trying. Thanks! ...