A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Article - Dictation and Transcription will be under increased scrutiny - mte

Posted: Dec 29, 2009

We'll see how this shakes out but what it looks like, according to this article, is that security will be forefront. To me this means that the vampire squids (the suits) who live and die for widespread databases will need to figure out how they can make their systems more secure. I think they can't if they continue the road their on. See below for recent article link. 

http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/122109p10.shtml

MTE, I asked you another question on board - about work done on the internet

[ In Reply To ..]
You stated VR may not be done in cyberspace and wondered where you are getting information that voice is any different from regular straight transcription.

VR or straight done over the internet - mte

[ In Reply To ..]
It is not confined to just VR. It is anything done on a widespread database. Sorry that my post was confusing.

The statement on the VR board made it sound as only VR - would not be able to be done in cyberspace

[ In Reply To ..]
So glad you cleared that up. I saw absolutely no difference in doing regular as compared to voice on internet. I have done remote transcription a few years ago, not on the internet, not by tapes, etc. over the phone lines so it can be done.

Similar Messages:

Article - HIPAA Targets - Dictation And Transcription
Jan 13, 2010

Below is the link to the article called HIPAA Targets and it talks about how dictation and transcription are going to be under increased scrutiny. The one paragraph that caught my eye was this: "Casto also points to the number of outsourced companies that work directly off the Internet, opening themselves up for breaches. “A lot of people would be shocked as to how many of those companies have an FTP site that works off the Internet,” he notes." This info needs to be widely spread ...

Increased LDH, Increased Enucleated Cells And The Increased __________size In The Specimen.
Jan 11, 2011

Not sure if enucleated cells is correct and can't understand 'blank' - sounds like infasize??? ...

Increased ASR, Less Straight Transcription??
Oct 24, 2010

Anybody notice increased ASR in the last week or 2, with less straight typing.  Just when I thought I had already hit the lowest I possibly could, they do this.  I was at least getting between 100-300 transcription lines before, now all the sudden lucky to get any.  My pay has already been deposited in the bank, down another $100 from before.  What do they want next, blood? ...

Article About Low Wages In Transcription
Mar 22, 2015

Interesting article in the latest For the Record, the AHIMA magazine, about the low pay most companies offer.http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/0315p18.shtml ...

Production Scrutiny
Dec 02, 2010

For the life of me I cannot figure out how they justify the manhours being spent to see if we are typing all 60 minutes of each hour without bathroom or snack breaks when we are not paid by the hour.  If we are not typing for 5 or 6 minutes here and there, we are not producing, thus not getting paid line rate.  It only hurts us so why do they even care?  Am I totally stupid?  It affects our benefit rate, still only hurting us.  The only benefit left for this company ...

Article - Transcription Holy Grail
Dec 30, 2009

Here's a link to another article regarding tyrannical QA editors, how it takes a highly skilled professional to input medical data, etc.   http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/062209p14.shtml ...

Article Stating To Keep Medical Transcription In
Dec 29, 2012

http://www.ahdpg.com/blog/a-call-out-to-u-s-hospitals-to-help-put-americans-back-to-work/ ...

Article Regarding Transcription Error By An Indian
Apr 22, 2013

Of course this could happen to any one of us, but it's interesting that the article points out the terrible quality of the reports being done in India.  This particular MT transcribed the incorrect insulin dosage that ultimately led to the death of the patient.  Proofread, proofread, proofread.  We already know that, but it doesn't hurt to spread the word.  We're all so production oriented these days given our excessively low pay, but we still need to be so inc ...

AARP Article Recommending Transcription To Seniors
Oct 27, 2013

A friend has written to inform me that the latest AARP magazine has an article recommending transcription to seniors as a viable source of side income. At first I laughed.  Now I'm mad. I have looked on AARP.org to find said article, but I can't locate it.  I have googled it, to no avail.  My friend is not tech savvy enough to scan it and e-mail it to me.  Anybody out there receive this magazine?  I would like to actually read this thing.     ...

Be Careful, There, Supes, DOL Does Care How Much Extra Scrutiny
Jun 28, 2014

Big 'ole no no, that one. ...

Pathology Transcription - Dictation To Practice?
Nov 01, 2009

I am testing for a transcription position within a hospital, but I have never done pathology transcription before only sleep medicine & consultations. Does anyone know where I can download sample pathology dictation to practice before I have to test with them on Thursday. Any help would be appreciated! ...

Any Comments About Toggle Dictation/Transcription In TX? They
May 16, 2013

. ...

M-Modal And Dictation/transcription Platform
May 31, 2013

Does M-Modal use DocQScribe?  What about Chartscript.Net?  Since they used to be MedQuist, I know that MQ used DQS.  Anything but eScription.  I loathe eScription. ...

Do Not Order From Digital Dictation And Transcription Store
Feb 28, 2012

Do not order from Digital Dictation and Transcription Store.  I received a hand control that did not and returned the item.  They charged me a 20% restocking fee, shipping to me and return shipping for them for a total of almost $55. ...

Electronic Medical Record No More Dictation, No More Transcription
Jun 26, 2014

Everywhere I turn I see nothing but EMR - No more dictation, no more transcription.  At an eye appointment today when I told the technician I'm a medical transcriptionist, she responded with "DO THEY STILL HAVE THAT?"  It's time to wake up and smell the coffee.  Transcription and even VR will not be needed by next year.  Walmart please hire me! ...

Increased Pay On Holidays
Oct 26, 2011

Does anyone know if you get time and a half for work on holidays? ...

Increased, Elevated
Jan 27, 2012

Hello!  Aren't increased and elevated the same?  This is the sentence: evaluate for increased elevated TSH. Do I leave this as is or take out one of them?  Which do I take out?  Do I just need a comma?  Can I leave it as is?  Thanks!       ...

Increased Signal?
Mar 20, 2012

On MRI:  There is increased –signal?-- in the subacromial space, consistent with bursitis. I just can't hear what he says.  Thanks. ...

Increased Arm Tone S/l In-con-gwent-ly
Oct 05, 2010

Patient with Parkinson disease.  During exam, doctor dictates "Resting tremor in the left arm was noted with increased tone (s/l in-con-gwent-ly) in the left arm." She is a pretty clear dictator, but I am stumped on this. Any thoughts? ...

No Erythema, No Increased S/l Teeth?
May 31, 2012

There isn't much to this dictation other than, "There is no erythema. There is no increased *s/l T or teeth*. Patient is having their knee examined. Clear speaker, but the T or teeth doesn't make any sense to me. Any ideas? TIA   ...

How Will The Increased Level Of A&P Be Used In 2014 With ICD-10?
Sep 11, 2012

Does anyone know exactly why ICD-10 will require a greater knowledge of A&P? What else are we going to need more of? Why? ...

OTI Has Worked Increased On The T Account? Nm
Apr 16, 2013

nm ...

Increased Production With Fluency?
Jun 07, 2014

I just trained on a new account using Fluency, which I have never used before.  I was impressed with the features geared to increased production for the MT. I'm curious to hear from Fluency users as to whether you were able to increase editing production and if so, about how much? ...

Have They Increased Line Rates??
Oct 09, 2014

I noticed a couple of posts about companies paying 6.5 CPL. Was I right when I predicted they would have to increased rates to hang onto the experienced editors? Or are they paying that for transcription? ...

Decreased Wages, Increased LPH
Jan 07, 2015

In the past 4 years, my productivity requirements have risen 40 LPH, in 2014 our productivity bonus was taken away, now in 2015 our passing QA scores have been increased.    I feel sorry for anyone entering the MT field these days.    ...

Increased Volume Email From BR
May 15, 2015

Did anyone else receive an email from BR this morning stating we are to let her know if we are seeing an increased amount of work as she made changes to the settings so we'll receive more? They added this to our POD a week or two ago w/o letting us know and sent an email out after the fact. Nice to know they've added more work to our POD when we can't even clear out the work we're already getting... Thank you. ...

How Come No One's Talking About The Increased Line Requirement?
Dec 21, 2012

I'm aware of the increase in lines per hour to 186 (average between regular and edited) which I think might be a little challenging to sustain on a regular day-in and day-out basis, but why is no one discussing the increased weekly line requirements. It's a pretty significant jump.  ...

MT Experience Helped Get A Job And Increased Starting Pay As Coder
May 12, 2015

I just wanted to post a word of encouragement to others looking for a coding job.  I'm currently working as an MT, studying coding at The Andrews School, passed my CPC exam in December and I just got my first job in coding.  Because of my MT experience, my new employer gave me "credit" for my MT experience and gave me a higher starting pay rate.  I haven't even finished my studies at Andrews yet.  The jobs are out there, and there are companies willing to hire new c ...

InScribe And UScribe..3cpl And Dragon (Nuance) For Increased Productivity?
Jul 13, 2012

These are the jobs we have to choose from with low pay and then this Dragon program is Nuance Dragon.  Isn't this VR which is again Nuance taking over everywhere?  Google Nuance and they say the Dragon program which is from India, and most hospitals now are going to this program and we get 3 cents.  Good sales pitches. ...

Increased S/l "fresic" Activity During The REM Period
Oct 22, 2010

Doc has Indian accent, dictating PSG report:  There was increased s/l "fresic" activity during the REM period that may suggest an added REM behavioral disorder.  Any help is appreciated! ...