A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

You know those little black sponge pads that go over the round type headsets??..... - Kiki

Posted: Sep 13, 2011

Does anyone know where to get GOOD quality ones?  I've been suckered TWICE by buying them online---they are these little thin things that break every single time before I can get them over the ear piece. Cry  The only ones I've found so far that are good are the ones that come with the headset, but I don't want to buy a new headset every time I just need new pads. 

I'd be so appreciative for advice on where to get good quality ones.  TIA!!! 

try - this place

[ In Reply To ..]
transcription gear search for the site, cant give names here.

Found it---thanks! n/m - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Black Pads - DB

[ In Reply To ..]
americandictation.com call them direct

I got some at Radio Shack but - that was a few years ago

[ In Reply To ..]
The ones I got were perfectly fine, and lasted a long time... but who knows if they're still the same quality. If you have a Radio Shack nearby, it's certainly worth a look, anyway.... Also, they're very good about letting you return things if they break immediately. :)

Sponges for headsets - I-Type

[ In Reply To ..]
I called Dictaphone when I needed mine replaced. They mailed me a small baggie full (probably 7-8 pairs) at no charge! This was about 5 years ago. I would give it a try and call Dictaphone directly. Good luck!

Here's a great place! - Joe Cool

[ In Reply To ..]
MooreDictation.com is a great place for all kinds of transcription accessories. Their staff is great to work with and they have very low prices.

Similar Messages:

Black Sponge Used In I&D
Jul 23, 2011

Anyone ever typed a black sponge in surgery?  I listened for "lap" and "lac" but I really hear "black."   Context:  "We took another rim of skin about a centimeter wider inferiorly until it bled well, as well.  This was controlled with electrocautery.  The area was then pulse-irrigated.  A medium size black sponge was placed over top of this.  The more tangential excision was covered with a wound VAC, sponge that had been tangentially shaven in half, and the entire area activated after ...

Round And Round The Mulberry Buomplain I Go.
Apr 27, 2014

Less than a year ago, the account I worked on was completely off-shored (within about 6-9 months of Nuance purchasing Transcend).  I was put on a new account that supposedly had lots of work and it at least had a reasonable amount for a while.  I actually liked that account (or rather set of 2 accounts) which would explain why that account went to EPIC.  Today is my first day on a new set of accounts, new region, etc.  We were told that our account assignments were based on o ...

??prog?? Bed With Pacer Pads?
May 14, 2012

Dictates "we will put him in s/l prog bed in case he needs pacer pads"   Prog bed? PROG bed? progressive bed?  Pacer Pads, pacer pads?    Help! Thanks! ...

Round Plessage?
Sep 23, 2011

The patient has a Hills-Sachs lesion.  It sounds like they want to do a s/l round plessage??  for treatment.  I cannot find this anywhere and may just don't hear it right.  Thanks. ...

Clorox *---* Sponge
May 12, 2013

The right hand and forearm were prescrubbed with a Clorox **** sponge and then prepped and draped in the usual sterile fashion. ...

I Wish I Could Buy A Round Of Cosmos For All Of You
May 20, 2014

Without this board I would feel even more isolated than I already do, so I would like to say thank you to all of you for the support and the laughs. It makes work life a little easier for sure. Cheers to all of us enduring life as an MT in 2014, the crazy dictators, sketchy platform, demanding supervisors, etc etc....with dignity and pride for the important work that we do. Clink....and drink! :-)  ...

S/l Sponge Tick
May 21, 2015

The hernia was reduced back into the abdomen with the help of a sponge s/l tick.   ...

Round Table Meeting
Jan 18, 2013

Today our inhouse hourly waged MTs group figured out a way to keep our work in our clinic and not being outsourced.  We are going to make our present wage AND get back some of the doctors that went to outside line count charge.  We put our heads together and figured it out and our director (not an MT in any way, shape, or form) is all for our plans.  Now that is what I call a first step to keeping our jobs in house!  We were scared to present this but it would have been worse ...

Audits At 99%. Has It Changed? Was It Round
Mar 20, 2013

just wondering.  Was it at a lower rate before.  and now its higher.  What is going on?  anyone know. was it always 99% and now its 99.5,  i thought a few years back it was like 95% ...

Positioning Sponge Breast Surgery
Nov 01, 2009

The patient had some ___ sponge for positioning and light pressure. She was placed in a surgical bra.  s/l reston, restilon, ressalon.. . think it begins with an R but not sure.  This is breast reconstructive surgery.  ...

Jumping Off The MTSO Merry Go Round (sm)
May 11, 2010

A couple of months back I posted my opinion about how things started going south for MTs when we no longer worked directly for the hospitals.  I decided to put my paycheck where my mouth is and started looking.  Lo and behold, practically in my own backyard I found a large hospital group who had been outsourcing everything, but then took it back in house because of poor quality and TAT.  My new job starts in a few weeks.  Great benefits, more leave time than I curre ...

Sponge, Lap, Needle, Instrument Count
Oct 15, 2010

What does "lap" stand for?  Thanks. ...

Round Rock/Pflugerville Area MTs
Jun 15, 2011

I'm looking for MTs in the Round Rock/Pflugerville/North Austin area to network with.  I've been in the business for 10+ years and just don't really know any MTs in my immediate area.  I'd love to hear from you! ...

A Round Of Applause For The Nuance Suits
Aug 17, 2013

Hundreds of jobs out of TAT this morning across the board.  Betcha the clients are getting a little bit cranky.  While you are holding your employees to unobtainable standards of perfection to perfect your VR so you can get rid of us and send the meager rest to India, you will have run this company into the ground first.  Don't the clients penalize you when reports are late?  Make sure you pass that loss on to us, the MTs.  Don't dare take respon ...

Cotta Or Cottle Wound Vac Sponge?
Jun 08, 2015

And is that wound-VAC or wound-vac. Thanks.  Nothing online or in surgical reference. ...

S/l Ovolinqual Sponge, Opthalmology/scleral Buckle
Aug 07, 2013

Mushmouth eye doc says 3 x 5 s/l Ovolinqual sponge.  Can find nothing vaguely resembling; any ideas for next time? ...

Headsets
Jan 21, 2015

Somebody help me out... what headsets do you use??? One's that MM supply or your own?? If your own what kind?? ...

My Headsets Are Getting Old And I Need Another Headset
Apr 30, 2011

My headsets are getting old and I need another headset.  I like the kind that are like a stethoscope that fits into the ears.  I know I dont  like the aluminum one because the sound is muffly.  Any suggestions for a headset that fits into the ears that doesnt break all the time and has very good sound. ...

Where Can I Get Magical QA Headsets
Oct 19, 2011

I transcribe and edit what I actually do hear, but get QA feedback from another planet.  I am not a newbie MT, though new on my current account.  I figure they must use secret magical headsets to hear what they do.  Often QA isn't even on the same page with each other even on account specs.  So, it must be the magical headsets.  Does anyone know where I can get the kind QA uses? ...

Recommendations For Headsets
Jan 29, 2012

Hi, Folks,   So, my company sweetly sent me a dictaphone stethascope-style headset, but it's really uncomfortable for me.  Can you recommend a more comfortable, good-sounding headset that you might have found?   Thank you, thank you, thank you!   ...

Transcription Headsets
Nov 25, 2013

I have been transcribing and editing for over 11 years and have ALWAYS used Spectra headsets, but having recently switched jobs where their platform could only be downloaded onto my personal computer and not my work computer, I've found that I'm not getting enough volume with the Spectras. I'm using earbuds right now but they wear out fast so I'm wondering if there are any headset models out there that any of you find to be excellent with clearity and volume, and that aren� ...

S/l "azole" Pacer Pads - Sm
Dec 07, 2009

Leads V2 and V3 were not present because of azole pacer pads that were placed in the ER.  Could it be azole (that's what is sounds like) or old? ...

Noise-cancelling Headsets
Oct 13, 2009

Can anyone recommend a noise-cancelling headset?  Having to share an office with someone that is not doing transcription and has conference calls on speakerphone a lot!!!  Thanks, in advance. ...

Headsets For MTs W/hearing Loss
Oct 14, 2009

Just wanted to share something with you. I have used it since August and amso pleased. I am very impressed with the quality of the headset I purchased from http://www.startsto p.com/transcript ion_accessories. asp#30585  (this is the site for the headset)This headset is wonderful for folks who have a problem hearing andunderstanding the spoken word. They tested this headset in real doctors' offices with real MTs who had nothing to do withtheir company.I cannot tell you how impressed I ...

Stereo Vs Mono Headsets
Aug 04, 2012

My wife is needing new headphones. Is stereo vs mono a huge consideration in choosing a new headphones?? ...

Foam Covers For Headsets?
Oct 12, 2012

Has anyone found these for less than $15 per pair? ...

Earphones - Searching For Comfortable Headsets Or Earbuds
Feb 04, 2011

I am searching for comfortable headsets or earbuds. What have you experienced MTs found that works the best? I want to hear well, while being comfortable...:) ...

Recommendations For Headsets For People With Small Ear Canals/openings
Feb 12, 2013

Dear Friends: I seem to have small ear canals/openings and because of that my Spectra headsets broke because I have to push them in too far and they will not fit and now the copper wire disoldged and now I am looking to buy another pair.  I went on the Dictation Warehouse site and talked to a rep there and he said that a good headset for people with small ear canals/openings is Grundig swing phone USB PC headset; have any of you heard of this bra ...

Equipment Headsets, Foot Pedal Etc For Medical Transcription
Oct 22, 2013

I know this question has been asked a million times.  What equipment headset, foot pedal, etc. would be recommended for someone just starting out as a homebased MT? ...

Black Out Days ---Ugh
Jul 02, 2013

Tried to submit a PDO a month in advance and got the screen showing dates blacked out.  I know it is summer, but give it a break.  I really, really need/want this day off.  Now do I try to negotiate with my manager or do I feel a fever coming on?  ...