A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Joint Commission Petition for MT - PT MOM

Posted: Nov 26, 2013

Hi! I just signed the petition "Joint Commission: Petition the Joint Commission to develop medical transcription and documentation standards." on Change.org. It's important. Will you sign it too? Here's the link: http://www.change.org/petitions/joint-commission-petition-the-joint-commission-to-develop-medical-transcription-and-documentation-standards?share_id=mbSfJURsfk&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition Thanks! Wendy

I don't think they care about us either - Old School

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think anyone does. Joint Commission sets the standards, but they don't care if it's a human being who produces the report or a machine.

it's nicely written - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
However, the Joint Commission does, in fact, have documentation standards in place. (I'm surprised you don't know that.)

Documentation Standards - Writer

[ In Reply To ..]
They do not have standards in place that address the mechanics of documentation. They do have standards in place regarding the content to be documented by healthcare providers. They are quite unclear, by my own discussion with them, about the transcription process.

Similar Messages:

Joint Commission Has No Idea There Are Still
Aug 02, 2013

What the heck are these MTSO companies telling them??  Joint Commission is only aware of a product such as Dragon or voice recognition products and only know the front end and the back end of the products, but have no idea of that there are medical transcriptionists EDITING THE REPORTS???  https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o11asGi2zuc#at=16 This is Debbie on Facebook, PROUD TO BE A MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTONIST who has been fighting for MTs.  She spoke to the ...

Joint Commission Conference Call.
Jul 01, 2013

This is on Facebook. mymt.me shared a photo. ...

Joint Commission Conference Call
Jul 31, 2013

Does anyone remember the post about the Joint Commission Conference Call that was supposed to take place on July 23? I am wondering if this call took place and what the result was. I don't see anything on the poster's facebook page, but I am not savvy with facebook. I'd be curious to know the outcome, if any. http://forum.mtstars.com/489327.html ...

Joint Commission SR & Outsourcing Overseas, Sm.
Apr 27, 2015

This is a Must Read. http://www.jointcommission.org/issues/article.aspx?Article=fddvQj8uTBdf1nykmE%2fNC8KiB5mn4Rgtazo2HZz3fmw%3d   ...

Joint Line Vs. Jointline/joint Space Vs. Jointspace...
Sep 16, 2014

I've seen these (and used these) words both ways interchangeably and my boss has never said anything, but I was wondering which was correct... or if these are the type of words that can go either way depending on how they are used in the sentence.   I appreciate any help/views you all have.  I've seen it both ways online and in my old textbooks.   Thanks! ...

Basal Joint Versus Basilar Joint
Jul 16, 2012

Are they both the same thing? I've had doctors dictate both and was curious if they meant anything different than thumb CMC? Thank you :-) ...

PETITION: Everyone Needs To Sign This Petition
Sep 04, 2013

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-sending-our-medical-records-offshore/B8mSk5hN ...

Commission?
Sep 28, 2011

Has anyone heard of being paid a percentage (aka commission) only on the lines their "team" produces for the client?  ...

Do Other Industries Who Work On Commission
Aug 12, 2011

clock in such as real estate agents and car salesmen?  Can they work more than 8 hours to make more money?  I can't believe any company gripes because we work TOO much!!!!  Kind of funny if not so tragic. ...

MIP Joint?
Oct 22, 2009

The doctor is saying MIP joint referring to the hand.  I have heard of MCP joint but not MIP.  Any input?  ...

SI Joint
Sep 02, 2010

"Check x-rays of the hands and the SI joints.  The patient had a limited Schober's, but it is unclear if it was related to the discectomy procedure or an inflammatory arthropathy.  The SI joint 's/l thumbserckets' a lower part of his lumbar spine, and it can be assessed for possible syndesmophytes."  I'm at a loss as to what that word or words could be. ...

TMP Joint
Feb 10, 2011

He presented with right prepatellar bursitis and also left index finger septic arthritis.  He was seen by orthopedic surgeon who did incision and drainage of both right prepatellar bursa and left first s/l TMP joint. ...

TAA Petition =
Jan 21, 2010

As suggested the other day, I e-mailed my TAA regional director since all I was getting from my One-Stop Career Center person & UI was that I needed a letter stating a lay off date or that there was an imminent threat of lay off. She sent me a note, then cc'd my e-mail to my state director.  Here are their responses: Regional:  You would need a qualifying separation in order to be eligible for Trade benefits as you have not been determined to be an adversely affected incumbe ...

Does Anyone Know If There Has Been A TAA Petition
Aug 16, 2013

filed with the DOL for Nuance employees?  I know MModal has one and lots of their employees, both past and present, are taking advantage of the schooling and other benefits.  If not filed for Nuance employees could we model one after the MModal petition?  Anybody have any information?  ...

Petition (sm)
Apr 02, 2014

Petition for Joint Commission to change standards in health care documentation.  This was created by an MT.  ...

Tibiotalar Joint ?
Jun 01, 2010

Review of x-rays revealed calcaneal spur.  Mild and degenerative changes in the talonavicular and tibiotalar joint areas. I see "tibiotalar" in my word list, but not in the medical dictionary. He clearly says it.  Thanks     ...

Joint Numbering
Jul 22, 2010

The right hand demonstrates MCP swelling with marked limitation of motion 2-5. Is this correct or is it II-V? ...

Scaphoradial Joint?
Mar 15, 2011

Is scaphoradial a word?  Should it be scaphoid radial joint?  Unable to pin down.  Help please.  Thanks. ...

S/l Subcon Joint
Aug 22, 2012

He says, "After identifying the deltopectoral interval, the "subcon" joint and subdeltoid space were identified."  I can't think and don't find anything starting that way in Stedman's Ortho - actually he says "subcon" and I need to spell it out.   thank you. ...

Sign The Petition
Jun 20, 2011

I found a petition to sign against sending work offshore.  Its at ataus.org (American Transcription Assocation).  You do  not have to be a member to sign it.  Does anyone else know about any petitions?  ...

Petition To Retain Value Of MT
Mar 13, 2011

http://www.ahdi-west.org/advocacy/petition-letter-to-legislators/ ...

We All Need To Sign This Petition If We Want
Nov 30, 2012

It only takes a minute of your time, and your MT career is on the line. ...

Petition To Keep Jobs In USA
Dec 08, 2012

http://wh.gov/Nz78 This looks a lot like one posted here a couple weeks ago. It's on a facebook page. It says it takes 150 signatures within 30 days for it to go live on the White House website. I see you have to register to sign, but I just did, and it only takes a minute. Please sign. We need to try to do something about losing our jobs to other countries. ...

Petition #81128
Feb 08, 2013

Everyone who is trade affected due to work being shifted to India with reduced hours is potentially eligible under this petition at http://doleta.gov/tradeact  I met with a representative today who encouraged me to tell other workers in this situation about the possible benefits from the department of labor.   Contact your state office to find out if you qualify.  It offers potential benefits for retraining in another occupation that has expected growth potential as wel ...

PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION
Feb 13, 2013

A petition to the White House for bringing our work back! https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/bring-back-all-united-states-medical-record-transcription-be-performed-only-us-us-medical/TJzSQpZq Once this is through we need one to nix SR!!!! ...

Question About The Petition
Aug 20, 2013

I can't find what I want to know on the site. Who's going to deliver it and to whom? What's the end-goal figure for signatures?  I know the new goal on there is 200, but I can't believe whoever is in charge of it is going to stop there, are they? ...

When Does The TAA Petition Expire?
Aug 21, 2013

x ...

Signing The Petition
Sep 05, 2013

I want to sign the petition to stop offshoring, and also put it on my FB page for others to see, but I'm worried my company is monitoring this and will find a reason to fire me. Are others worried about this? ...

Anyone Know Anything About The Trade Act Petition?
Dec 16, 2013

Got a call today from the Dept of Labor and the nice lady said I was entitled to educational benefits of $27,000.00 and/or if I got a job for, let's say, $10.00 an hour "they" would pay me $5 more because of something to do with MModal and NA Free Trade; that MModal was "adversely effected" (her words) because of outsourcing----that Americans are now missing out on jobs, etc., ect.....Really didn't know what to make of all what she was saying, but I told her to send me the paperwork. S ...

Trade Act Petition
Apr 02, 2014

New petition # is 85182. It is currently awaiting a decision. Our previous petition expired the end of March. Hopefully the new petition will be approved. ...