A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Bose MIE2 Mobile Headset? - Broke MT

Posted: Jan 09, 2013

Wondering if anyone has tried these Bose headphones and if they are worth the price and if they really make a big difference.  Thinking of getting some.  My work will reimburse me for them if I get them from my account they have set up for us for stuff like that up to a certain amount but I still want to make sure it's worth it for that much.  I know Bose is a very good brand, as several years ago, we had a Bose stereo and the sound was so great.  Just wondering about the headphones and how they'd work for transcription and making it clearer.  Thanks.

:)

I loved my Bose headphones but - CB

[ In Reply To ..]
they didn't wear well with the daily long hours (not that model though). I paid $300+ and had to replace them twice in a year and a half so it wasn't worth it to me, but I absolutely loved them. They both cracked in the same place (the headband above the ear pads) so I think it was wear and tear from taking them off and on multiple times throughout the day. If you're being reimbursed, I'd say go for it, especially since this style doesn't look like you'd have that issue.

I actually just bought the below ($99) today at Best Buy - first time trying Sennheiser, but they have good reviews and were very comfortable when I tried them on. I just wish the set had a volume control like the $15 Koss I had been using.

Bose - Happy Mt Robin

[ In Reply To ..]
I have the AE2 around the ear audio headphones - I don't like the ones that go in my ear, as they make my ears sore after a while. I'm on my second set for the simple reason that my kitten finally chewed through the cord on the first set. When Bose redesigned this set, they did something fabulous (that saved Buddy's life) and made the cord replaceable. I think I've gone through 6 or 7 cords at this point. Buddy the destructo-kitten and I are both grateful for that little detail. The ear foam piece gets a little smushed down, but I just push it back into place and it works.

I will never, ever, EVER go back to another set of headphones. They are absolutely worth the money. I can hear things with these headphones that I cannot with any other set of headphones. Plus, with the noise canceling of the over the ear style, I don't hear the noise of the keyboard, either, which helps a great deal.

Absolutely worth every penny.

I second that. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Have had mine for years. No problems with breakage. Started with plain over-the-ear Bose and went to Bose noise-canceling over-the-ear. Love them. Won't consider anything else. I just keep the first set as a backup.

Funny my experience was the opposite. I bought...sm - VTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
the top-of-the line Bose headset with the battery and sent them back because I could hear a very faint background buzz and it freaked me out. They were great for music though. I sent them back and got next model down instead which I love. I have had no problem with wear or breakage four years in.

I use Sony MDR-NC7 that cost $40.00 - middleageMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have not splurged for the money for Bose. I found these over 4 years ago and they work like a charm. This is my 2nd pair. The 1st ones did not quit working; the plastic part just broke, so I bought a 2nd pair. I also use a Koss EQ50 3-band stereo equalizer that plugs from the headset into the speakers of the computer. I have 2 different manual controls for my volume (the equalizer and my speakers). I have NO trouble hearing any dictation and the Sony headphones certainly help keep out outside noise.

Thanks everyone! - Broke MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for all the advice!! After reading the comments, I think I will definitely be ordering them. :)

Similar Messages:

Using Bose Headphones On A C-phone
Jul 25, 2010

Does anyone know if you can use Bose QC headphones while using a C-phone for transcription?  Any information appreciated.  It would break my heart to give up these awesome headphones.  Thanks. ...

Mobile Internet
Sep 12, 2012

I am going to need mobile internet access to work. Sprint has a mobile hotspot for $50 a month that gives you 6 GB of data. I have no idea how many GB I use working. Has anyone ever used a hotspot for working and how did it turn out? Thanks ...

Mobile Transcription
Sep 28, 2012

Hello: I have been given the opportunity to travel with my husband.  I was wondering if there are other MT who travel with their spouses.  What internet connections do you use?   We are looking into Mobile Hot spots, but I am afraid that with the large / high volume account I have, we will run into usage overages.   Please let me know what you all think.   Thanks!  ...

Mobile Hotspots
Oct 20, 2013

I am jumping back into the workforce and need to work using a mobile hotspot, preferably a prepaid one. Does anyone work using a mobile hotspot and if so, which one and how much is it? Is it even possible to use a mobile hotspot for transcription being you need so much data? Thanks! Amy ...

Anyone Know Anything About Mobile Assistant Inc
Oct 07, 2014

Any info would be helpful. ...

Looking For Laptop Suggestions. I Want To Be More Mobile
Mar 21, 2011

I'm wondering which laptop to buy, so I am looking for MT consumer reports!  I want a bigger screen, not one of those net books with tiny screens! ...

Mobile Broadband Internet
Mar 30, 2011

Does anyone work from a mobile broadband internet?  Looking at land to build a home and that is only internet available through my cell phone, wireless modem - have always worked via cable - anyone know anything about this - maximum usage 5 GB a month. ...

Been Thinking About Getting A Laptop To Be More Mobile
Sep 30, 2011

Been thinking about getting a laptop to be more mobile.  Any suggestions about type and special features would be appreciated. ...

Mobile Assistant US Transcription
Nov 08, 2011

Curious about a company by the name of US Transcription who also do Mobile Assistant. Has anyone ever heard of them or worked for them? ...

Mobile Assist Info
Apr 20, 2013

Was offered a job by this company but once they sent the email requesting all of my personal information, I felt uncomfortable sending my information to them. I know that is normal when you are hired for a position but the way they went about it, and the amount of information they required, copies of things, etc., plus wanting access to my computer immediately, but a work start date of more than a month away - made me just question sending my info to them, so I didn't.  ...

Mobile Assistant - Does Anyone Work?
Jan 22, 2014

Does anyone work as a Mobile Assistant?  I am wanting to find out approximate range of pay before applying. Thanks :) ...

Anyone Heard Of Mobile Assistant ?
Dec 02, 2014

Wondering if anyone has heard of or works for mobile assistant out of Wisconsin. Experiences? ...

Netzero Mobile Broadband -- Okay To Use?
Dec 06, 2014

I want to get off the Comcast merry-go-round. Will netzero mobile broadband be do-able? If not, can anyone suggest an alternative to using these big companies? Thanks very much. ...

REASONABLY PRICED MOBILE INTERNET DEVICE
Jun 11, 2010

I used to have a Verizon USB for my internet backup and to use on trips.  It was $60.00 a month.  Does any one know of a cheaper USB/air card internet service for traveling with my laptop and working?  Thanks. ...

Mobile Assistant Transcription Company
Mar 17, 2014

I sent a resume to several jobs from the MT Jobs search and was sent a test for this company.  Has anyone ever worked here before or is currently employed.  If so, could you tell me about them. ...

Mobile Assistant - Financial And Insurance Transcription?
Mar 26, 2013

Has anyone worked for Mobile Assistant, a company that has financial and insurance transcription? If so, what was your experience like with this company?  Thanks. ...

Mobile Assistant - Want Me To Update My Operating System To Windows 8
Aug 09, 2013

Hi, I am being offered a job at Mobile Assistant, but they want me to update my operating system to Windows 8 and I cannot afford this, but if they are worth it, I might consider.  Does anyone know anything about this company? are they worth it? P.S. I am in desparate need of a job. ...

Got My New Headset
Aug 23, 2011

I am sorry to say that my old ones work better for me.  I think they would be ok, but I get a lot of (what I think is) cellphone audio, and they just don't work as well for that.  I have tried switching back and forth while working to test them, and then I always end up using my old ones.   I like the way they feel though.  It was worth a try. ...

Need To Buy A Headset
Oct 23, 2012

I am coming back home to work again and now need to buy a headset.  Any recommendations out there?  I don't want to spend a fortune on one.  Thank you! ...

New Headset But Never Had To Do This Before
Jan 23, 2013

Just got a new stereo headset and it is telling me to go thru several settings to configure the set with the computer. I am terribly non-computer savy and I would hate to mess something up doing this. How easy is this to do and could I cause the computer to go kplunk? Thanks. ...

Headset
Mar 12, 2015

Could someone suggest a headset for me? I have been using the Glimmer headset for years and it is just about shot, not getting stereo sound much anymore. Therefore, I am searching for a new set, one that has clear sound. Any help you could give me would be appreciated. ...

Wireless Headset
Sep 11, 2010

Anyone use wireless headset, if so what type? Thanks! ...

Transcription Headset
Sep 24, 2010

I did a search and couldn't really find what I was looking for. I need to buy a new headset. Does anyone use or know of a headset that really brings up the "volume." I got one from Transcription Gear a few years ago but it really didn't do what I thought it would. At the moment I have my set and computer up as far as they will go and it will be easier if I could somehow get it louder. Thanks for your help. ...

Dictaphone Headset
Sep 24, 2010

Hi, I just started using a dictaphone again.  I can't hear through the headset, though.  Everything is connected correctly.  What am I doing wrong? ...

Best Headphones/headset?
Oct 23, 2010

Hi, I'm taking classes right now to be an MT, and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a really good brand of headphones or headsets?  Particularly, are there any out there that can boost sound quality? Thanks! ...

Another Headset Question
Mar 11, 2011

Does anyone have a suggestion for a headset with volume control that actually works?  I like the in-ear kind, as the ear-muff ones are too hot in summer.  Also need a cord long enough to go from my head to computer that's under my desk. ...

Headset Recommendations?-sm
Apr 12, 2011

I need a new headset for my PC.  I want want with really good sound -- but want don't want to spend lotsa $$  -- anyone got any suggestions for a good sound quality headset that is affordable..  thx.... ...

My Headsets Are Getting Old And I Need Another Headset
Apr 30, 2011

My headsets are getting old and I need another headset.  I like the kind that are like a stethoscope that fits into the ears.  I know I dont  like the aluminum one because the sound is muffly.  Any suggestions for a headset that fits into the ears that doesnt break all the time and has very good sound. ...

We Have A Headset Survey To Take, AND
Sep 22, 2011

They ask something like:  What was the brand name and model and if you don't know, then state don't know. WELL!!!!  I TOLD THEM:  SINCE MY PAY HAS BEEN CUT IN HALF AFTER BEING WITH THIS COMPANY OVER 20 YEARS, I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO PICK THE CHEAPEST BRAND THERE IS.   Also asks where do you purchase your headset?  I TOLD THEM AGAIN:  SINCE I WAS GRANDFATHERED INTO THIS COMPANY WITH PAY CUT IN HALF, I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT AT THE DOLLAR STORE.  AND SO ...

Good Headset?
Oct 03, 2011

I was just wondering if anyone could give me their advice on what they think is a really good headset? Where is the best place to get a headset? ...