A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

accentus test instructions - nn

Posted: Oct 31, 2012

Should have searched here before testing.  The instructions said to use a semicolon so that's what I did.  Thought it was awkward and strange, but following instructions.  Now I see people have failed the test following those same instructions.  That just sucks.  Now I wait for my reject letter.

Accentus - coldineast

[ In Reply To ..]
I tested for them, but I'm not really sure what you are referring to? It's been a couple months.

Accentus testing - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
They asked you to put headings in caps with a semicolon after it.

Did anyone put the semicolons in and pass?

I put semicolons and passed. - Accentus employee

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told I had a very high test score. I figured that the semicolon instruction was put in there to see if you followed directions closely. Beats me. Never asked about it. Good luck if Accentus is what you want.....
Accentus - whatuwant
[ In Reply To ..]
Do you like it at Accentus?
Not at all - been there
[ In Reply To ..]
Tested for them, told me we only take the highest scoring and I was one of them, talked an exciting game, ranted about the Canadian account and how much work there was it would take months to catch up. Not so. Training haphazard, very poor communication and feedback, even after asking for it and their "productive time" policy is unreal. It was a nightmare.
Accentus is horrible - I quit
[ In Reply To ..]
They purchased On-Time and ruined the company. I had worked for On-Time for 9 years and quit the first day of working for Accentus. It's such a joke and you will not make enough money to buy water with.
Agree completely (sm) - Lackluster Accentus experience
[ In Reply To ..]
I, too, only stayed with them for 1 pay period. What with all their 1 cpl for "canned" text (that required sometimes major revisions) and the amount of time involved in each report, I sought greener pastures after I received my first check. After calculating it, I found I was earning about $3 an hour on the account to which I was assigned.

I moved on and am now quite happy.
accentus - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
May we ask where you are working now?

Here's my view of the acute care side of Accentus. - Accentus employee

[ In Reply To ..]
I saw someone said something about 1 cpl for canned text. I've never heard of that on the acute side.

#1: Apex is horrible. It is the worst thing I've ever used in 20 years and I am talking back to Word Perfect 5, DOS-based platforms. The worst. That said, you can devise some decent work-arounds with IT or whatever short-cut program you use. There are some things you have to use the mouse and down arrow key for. No way around it. Crazy.
#2. I should have put this as #1. Do not expect to make decent $ for quite a while. I've been there over 3 months on one of their "busy" Canadian accounts and ran out of work a lot the 1st month. What you have to go through to get a secondary account is completely unacceptable. I'm supposed to get one this month, still don't have one. They have some crazy rules like your secondary can't be a higher "level" than your primary, but you have ZERO control over what your primary will be. It's nuts. Nuts.
#3. You have to keep track of your lines yourself and log them into a timesheet daily with SR lines separated out. Even 20 years ago with the WP/DOS junk, I did not have to do that. I've never had to do that. I hate it, and it is unnecessary because if something happens where you lose your line count, you can write Customer Service, and they give it to you. So why-oh-why they want us to track that is beyond me. Another thing that slows you down. That's why their levels are so low. I'm sure it is a red flag to you--as it was to me--that their minimum LPH for straight transcription is 115. These are some of the reasons for that.
#4. The people there are great. My supe is a great lady and so is her 2nd in command. She'll go to bat for you & I really like her.
#5. Exception to #4 is the scheduling guru. ONE person is in charge of handing out the accounts and granting your time off and schedule changes from her imperial throne in IL. Now that is ridiculous. I think they just hired someone to help her.

You can e-mail me if you want, feel free. I'm staying put because there is literally no good place to go anymore. Just know you will not be able to support yourself & your family for the first few months at least. If you have to do that, then Accentus is not for you.

Good luck!

To Accentus employee or anyone with Accentus has anyting changed for the better? - pullinghair

[ In Reply To ..]
I am getting so frustrated and I see Accentus has another ad, but there was so much negative, I wonder if anything has changed for the better before I apply. My account keeps running out where I am, I've asked for a backup 3 times, I am ready to cry because of my finances.

It's pretty much what I said above, IMHO. - Accentus employee

[ In Reply To ..]
It doesn't mean it's bad, just different, hard to get up to speed, harder than some other places. They did hire as assistant for scheduling, so that should help. I do think it's hard to get a backup; it is for me. It'll take you a while to get used to it, weeks, maybe months, 3 months for me. They probably still have a hiring bonus.

Sorry to hear about your finances. I know I've been there, as have most of us. You won't be making great, even good $ right away, but you can over time.

Hope this helped. Good luck!

Avoid Accentus. - Seriously

[ In Reply To ..]
You cannot make a living off of the company and when On-Time sold to them it's like they sold their soul. It's horrific. You're either out of work or you work 12 hours a day and find that you've made pennies.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Test With Accentus?
Dec 07, 2013

Just wondering if anyone has tested with them and how long it took after you tested to get a response? ...

Accentus Transcription Test
Jul 06, 2012

Wow.  Just finished the 1-hour testing for Accentus.  Crazy...no player, no pedal, no shorthand program. I had to keep going back up to the play/pause button to start and stop.  Hope they account for that. ...

Recently Took The Test For Accentus
Jul 11, 2012

Hi all - I recently took the test for Accentus, which was all editing and no straight transcription and which I didn't know would happen.  Anyway, I was not offered a job.  I thought I did pretty good on the test considering I had no foot pedal and no editing function keys but guess not.  Does anybody pass that test?  They couldn't tell me what was wrong, almost tempted to call them.  Also, need other ideas on where to apply.  Any help is appreciated.  I've got 30+ years ex ...

Accentus - Passed Test, Had First Interview
Nov 02, 2012

Called recruiter and was told interview was fine, hours were fine, they were just waiting to see if they needed the staff for a new account.  Ok, that makes sense.  At least I won't run out of work (at least I assume they have a good grip on their accounts).  So, then I see another posting on jobs board that they are hiring.  What's up?  Is it worth it for me to pursue this?  I currently work for a terrible company that I shall not name and I don't th ...

DQS 6.1 Instructions
Sep 07, 2010

Is there a way to put the DQS 6.1 instructions as a shortcut on our desktops?  It sure would make life easier than having to go through MQCentral every time we have a question while in the middle of a report.  I tried making a shortcut but it didn't work. ...

New Instructions For NJA
Mar 19, 2013

Instructions per supervisor, if out of work, after filling out Remedy ticket, go to teamwork and choose Excused Absence-No Work. I can' find this under Team Work. Can anyone tell me how to enter this in Team Work? ...

Nine Pages Of Instructions For New BOB
Jun 24, 2010

To anyone who got the 9 pages of instructions from the new CCM:   Can you make heads or tails of these instructions and screenshots!?   Hit ctrl twice, then go back and make sure the old patient's name isn't in the field, then ctrl L, then fill in the dictated for, make sure it's who they say it is, then stand on your head while underwater weaving a basket... OMG the new work started to roll in today (PHHS) and I am having to jump back and forth from the ...

New Instructions For UltiPro, But Will Not Let Me In. Sm
Jan 12, 2011

Are we not full accessible to the UltiPro yet?   Got instructions and I got onto the UltiPro site, but when I put in my email and birthdate it said not compatible or inactive????  So, should I just wait until Friday?   ...

Instructions To Dictators O P E N Y O U R M O U T H A N D
Mar 09, 2011

t a l k.  it    would    make   my   life  much   easier   if   you    would  talk  normally and  not  like   you  are  either  a racehorserunninginthekentuckyderby or   the  tortoise  racing  the  hare  and    that     we   d   o   n  o  t ...

Can Someone Give Me Instructions
Jul 21, 2013

Mini rant:  Like what, they're worried some unauthorized person will sneak onto your computer and do a few reports?     Anyway have tried going into  the Fluency utilities, logging off Fluency and changing it, no luck.  Have tried cut and paste URL for Fluency without logging in and no luck.  Just asking because I don't especially want to spend an hour with Kumar/Phil at tech support if I can avoid it.  Thanks.   ...

Facility Instructions
Oct 11, 2013

Can anyone tell me what the MTSOs call the set of medical facility transcription instructions that you are given when assigned to an account? ...

Anyone Have The Download Instructions For 7.6
Jan 12, 2015

I lost the e-mail I was sent.  Hate to call IT.  ...

Discharge Instructions
May 12, 2015

The patient was discharged on "4 IV ORI"  The patient is in for rehydration.  ...

Instructions For Edit Script
Jan 30, 2010

I would like to get an early jump on learning this program. Is there a list of instructions or manual somewhere that I can download? ...

9 Pages Of Instructions For QCare
Aug 02, 2010

Did y'all read the 9 pages of instructions for QCare.  This really bugs me that I have to take my uncompensated time to read these new directions.  Whose life is this making easier?  Not our's, as usual.  ...

No Instructions On How To Leave Blanks
Dec 15, 2011

Hi, I'm a newbie. If an employer's test instructions say it is not ok to guess, is it ok to leave a "blank" with what you THINK the dr. said? In other words, perhaps like this: <tachycardia>, or is it better not to put what you think he said and just put a plain old blank? any help on this would be great. thanks! ...

Epic Radiology Instructions
Jul 14, 2012

The hospital I work for is switching to Epic soon. We were given an instruction workbook but its very confusing. I've tried to make myself a cheat sheet, but can't figure it out. Does anyone have a cheat sheet or some simple instructions for epic radiology transcription? I know its different at each hospital, but maybe I can make some sense of it. Please help. ...

Tested For TranSolutions And Instructions Said To Use Semicolon After . . .
Feb 17, 2010

. . after headings.  I did this but think that is the reason why I did not score well on the transcription part of testing with 18 years experience.  Have you had a similar experience?  (i know some people mix up colon and semicolon and wonder if directions meant colon?!) ...

Does Anyone Have A Copy Of The Lanier LX-219-1 Instructions Manuel
Apr 12, 2010

Good morning, Could I please have a copy.   TIA ...

Instructions On Editing Escription Type VR
Dec 06, 2010

Anyone know where I can find instructions on editing escription type VR.  No one really gave me any at my office and I am not sure I am doing it exactly right or how to do some shortcuts or whatever so that I can make some speed.  TIA ...

Lanier VoiceWrite EX LX-219-1 Programming Instructions
Oct 22, 2011

Does anyone have programming instructions?  My top display is dark and my foot pedal autorewind needs adjusting....any light you can shed will be greatly appreciated...:) ...

Macro To Add Drug To AutoCorrect/Instructions
Feb 16, 2013

I am posting the information here on how to use this macro and what it does.  I will follow this with another post that has the actual macros (there are two of them.) Basically this macro adds your drug to your autocorrect in lower case, and then autocorrects to the way it should appear.  But you need to type into the box the way you want the drug to look.  For example, AcipHex.  You would type in "AcipHex" into the box but what is entered into autocorrect is:  "aciphex ...

Shorthand Program - Instructions For Dummies?
Feb 05, 2014

Can anyone help me with instructions for dummies on how to renew my shorthand program? I got the notification, but not sure what to do from there. ...

Dictaphone C-phone - Where I Can Print Instructions / Programming
Oct 30, 2009

Dumb question, but I have not used my dictaphone C-phone for years and I forget how to use it. Is there someplace where I can print instructions on programing and use of this? Thanks, Ronni ...

Nuance Webclock...anyone Else Still Waiting For Instructions To Access?
Dec 21, 2012

Have received info on training, which instructs to not complete until you have created a password and have access to Webclock. Prior email message said that info should have gone out yesterday. I have not received anything. I notified NTS payroll this morning by email (as instructed) that I did not receive password/access information and have not heard back from them. Just wondered if a lot of MTs have not heard yet or if I am the only one. ...

Royally Screwed Up And Misinterpreted Tsm Instructions On A Stat
Jun 23, 2013

And totally not typing a 28 min report.  She said one thing, I did that but thought that was all I had to do.  Boy do I feel stupid.  This jobs pay may suck, but I still need it to pay bills etc.  Hope there isn't too much bad fall-out. ...

Received A Message From OSI Recruiter Giving Instructions To Register For Testing? 
Feb 08, 2011

Recevied a message from OSI recruiter giving instructions to register for testing?  Anyone know how long it took to receive the confirmation code once registering?  Also any positives/negatives would be appreciate.  I've been doing this since correctotape and typewriter days....I just want to retire (not for a few more years anyway) and have resasonable benefits.  I guess everything is sort of going this way these days, but I guess we have to stick it out.  Could we all just not log in ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

Gyno Test - S/l Wisp Test? I Think I'm Spent!
Jan 05, 2010

.. ...