A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Instructions for Edit Script - JustMe

Posted: Jan 30, 2010

I would like to get an early jump on learning this program. Is there a list of instructions or manual somewhere that I can download?

I'd like the same thing for - BeyondTx n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I pasted the ones I use inside... hope it shows up all right - lindawordlady

[ In Reply To ..]
Summary of Keyboard Shortcuts

Edit Header Alt-E
Edit CC list Alt-C
Play Sound Alt-A
Pause Sound Alt-P
Rewind Sound to Beginning Alt-D
Rewind Sound Alt-G
Fast Forward Sound Alt-F
Insert Colon and Capitalize First Letter of Next Word Alt-Shift-:
Insert Period and Capitalize First Letter of Next Word Alt-.
Capitalize all Occurrences of Word Alt-L
Move Typing Cursor to Red Voice Box Alt-K
Move Red Voice Box to Typing Cursor Shift-Alt-K
Slower Audio Alt-1
Faster Audio Alt-2
Normal Audio Speed Alt-Z
Quieter Volume Alt-3
Louder Volume Alt-4
Insert Template Alt-M
Insert Contact Name Alt-I
Search for Uploaded Dictation Alt-Shift-S
View Work Queue Alt-Q
Get Next Dictation Alt-N
Send Current and Get Next Dictation Alt-U
Send Current Dictation Alt-Shift-U
Show Transcription Metrics Alt-X
Add or Delete a Pending Note Alt-Y

many thanks, and I have another question - JustMe

[ In Reply To ..]
Can I use an abbreviation expander with Edit Script, and if so which one(s)?

Don't know about that. I use autocorrect and it works fine - lindawordlady

[ In Reply To ..]
Since most of my work is VR I find I don't really need an expander anyhow. Autocorrect works just great with that and for straight typing. I just keep adding to the auto correct.

Yes, you can use an expander with EditScript - Marianne

[ In Reply To ..]
One of them is Instant Text.
Besides expanding your words and phrases, Instant Text allows you to add commands to your glossary so you can expand them using short forms easy to remember:
{command}{Alt .}_ to use the magic period function
{command}{Alt I}_ to use the Insert contact name command
and many other editing commands.

For more info on Instant Text click on link below.
Can you use Instant Text for - BeyondTx ? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Instant Text works with Beyond.TXT - Marianne
[ In Reply To ..]
You just link Instant Text a first time, and from then on IT will be linked automatically when you start typing or editing in Beyond.TXT

Similar Messages:

Edit Script Glitches
Jul 05, 2012

Am I the only one who is constantly dealing with these issues? 1.  Lines of text overlapping eachother into a confused jumble.  If you highlight the document, some of of this will resolve and go away, but not all of it. 2. When leaving a pending note, the text I took 2 minues to thoughtfully word out just dissappears completely, and I have to type the whole thing all over again. 3.  When leaving a pending reason, the drop-down menu will randomly pick a reason for me, and I have ...

Edit Script Vs Escription
Dec 07, 2012

What is the difference between edit script and escription? I am considering platforms at various transcription companies and the transcription platform makes all the difference.  Thank you to all who offer help. ...

Escription/Edit Script Question
Sep 26, 2010

Can anyone who uses ES think of a reason why the AutoCorrect feature stops working? I know that the "replace as typed" box is checked before I start the program. Also, sometimes the ES toolbar doesn't respond. I can click on it over and over again and no response. Any ideas and/or suggestions to resolve this problem would be appreciated. ...

Edit Script V10 @ General Questions
Jun 12, 2012

Does anyone here use EditScript v10?  I am in a perpetual state of confusion regarding how things are calculated at Nuance. In v10 there is an RDR mode, in which we review our reports that have been corrected and get our accuracy percentage. But, there is also FIESA, which for me has a different percentage (sadly, much lower).  I've noticed that FIESA generally only generates about 1 report per day for me, which doesn't seem very accurate. My percentage with RDR is 99%, an ...

TransTech, Edit Script & Instant Text
Mar 24, 2011

I just started training on Edit Script 9 today. I was wondering if anyone from TransTech who is using Instant Text (I am using the Instant Text Pro V version) could contact me and tell me how you have your Instant Text configured to work with Edit Script 9. For some reason, my Instant Text Pro V did not work with Edit Script 9. I did go to the Instant Text website, and some have been able to use IT Pro V version with Edit Script 9. There was also mention of an upgrade to version 7.  ...

Edit Script Spell Check Question
Jan 07, 2015

This question sounds too stupid to ask my TSM, so I am asking you experienced folks. How do I change my spell check in Edit Script so that it will automatically spell checks words in all caps?  I am banging my head up against the wall - I feel like I have tried everything! Thanks!!! ...

Edit Script And Dictaphone Enterprise Express Editor Question.
Jan 14, 2010

I have a full time hospital job that uses the Dictaphone Enterprise Express Editor software which is loaded on my PC.  I am taking some IC side work with a company which requires me to install Edit Script on my PC.  Both software programs use Word and I am wondering that if having both installed on my PC will be a problem?  I won't be running both programs at the same time as I will be working two different shifts.  I just want to make sure before I load Edit Script that ...

Are OSI And Opti-Script The Same Company?? Need Info On Opti-Script
Nov 22, 2009

Can someone please email me priviately about Opti-Script.   I would like current info on what this company is like to work for and what line rate they start at.  Also, do they have any type of incentive pay?   Thanks so much! ...

DQS 6.1 Instructions
Sep 07, 2010

Is there a way to put the DQS 6.1 instructions as a shortcut on our desktops?  It sure would make life easier than having to go through MQCentral every time we have a question while in the middle of a report.  I tried making a shortcut but it didn't work. ...

New Instructions For NJA
Mar 19, 2013

Instructions per supervisor, if out of work, after filling out Remedy ticket, go to teamwork and choose Excused Absence-No Work. I can' find this under Team Work. Can anyone tell me how to enter this in Team Work? ...

Nine Pages Of Instructions For New BOB
Jun 24, 2010

To anyone who got the 9 pages of instructions from the new CCM:   Can you make heads or tails of these instructions and screenshots!?   Hit ctrl twice, then go back and make sure the old patient's name isn't in the field, then ctrl L, then fill in the dictated for, make sure it's who they say it is, then stand on your head while underwater weaving a basket... OMG the new work started to roll in today (PHHS) and I am having to jump back and forth from the ...

New Instructions For UltiPro, But Will Not Let Me In. Sm
Jan 12, 2011

Are we not full accessible to the UltiPro yet?   Got instructions and I got onto the UltiPro site, but when I put in my email and birthdate it said not compatible or inactive????  So, should I just wait until Friday?   ...

Instructions To Dictators O P E N Y O U R M O U T H A N D
Mar 09, 2011

t a l k.  it    would    make   my   life  much   easier   if   you    would  talk  normally and  not  like   you  are  either  a racehorserunninginthekentuckyderby or   the  tortoise  racing  the  hare  and    that     we   d   o   n  o  t ...

Can Someone Give Me Instructions
Jul 21, 2013

Mini rant:  Like what, they're worried some unauthorized person will sneak onto your computer and do a few reports?     Anyway have tried going into  the Fluency utilities, logging off Fluency and changing it, no luck.  Have tried cut and paste URL for Fluency without logging in and no luck.  Just asking because I don't especially want to spend an hour with Kumar/Phil at tech support if I can avoid it.  Thanks.   ...

Facility Instructions
Oct 11, 2013

Can anyone tell me what the MTSOs call the set of medical facility transcription instructions that you are given when assigned to an account? ...

Anyone Have The Download Instructions For 7.6
Jan 12, 2015

I lost the e-mail I was sent.  Hate to call IT.  ...

Discharge Instructions
May 12, 2015

The patient was discharged on "4 IV ORI"  The patient is in for rehydration.  ...

9 Pages Of Instructions For QCare
Aug 02, 2010

Did y'all read the 9 pages of instructions for QCare.  This really bugs me that I have to take my uncompensated time to read these new directions.  Whose life is this making easier?  Not our's, as usual.  ...

No Instructions On How To Leave Blanks
Dec 15, 2011

Hi, I'm a newbie. If an employer's test instructions say it is not ok to guess, is it ok to leave a "blank" with what you THINK the dr. said? In other words, perhaps like this: <tachycardia>, or is it better not to put what you think he said and just put a plain old blank? any help on this would be great. thanks! ...

Epic Radiology Instructions
Jul 14, 2012

The hospital I work for is switching to Epic soon. We were given an instruction workbook but its very confusing. I've tried to make myself a cheat sheet, but can't figure it out. Does anyone have a cheat sheet or some simple instructions for epic radiology transcription? I know its different at each hospital, but maybe I can make some sense of it. Please help. ...

Accentus Test Instructions
Oct 31, 2012

Should have searched here before testing.  The instructions said to use a semicolon so that's what I did.  Thought it was awkward and strange, but following instructions.  Now I see people have failed the test following those same instructions.  That just sucks.  Now I wait for my reject letter. ...

Tested For TranSolutions And Instructions Said To Use Semicolon After . . .
Feb 17, 2010

. . after headings.  I did this but think that is the reason why I did not score well on the transcription part of testing with 18 years experience.  Have you had a similar experience?  (i know some people mix up colon and semicolon and wonder if directions meant colon?!) ...

Does Anyone Have A Copy Of The Lanier LX-219-1 Instructions Manuel
Apr 12, 2010

Good morning, Could I please have a copy.   TIA ...

Instructions On Editing Escription Type VR
Dec 06, 2010

Anyone know where I can find instructions on editing escription type VR.  No one really gave me any at my office and I am not sure I am doing it exactly right or how to do some shortcuts or whatever so that I can make some speed.  TIA ...

Lanier VoiceWrite EX LX-219-1 Programming Instructions
Oct 22, 2011

Does anyone have programming instructions?  My top display is dark and my foot pedal autorewind needs adjusting....any light you can shed will be greatly appreciated...:) ...

Macro To Add Drug To AutoCorrect/Instructions
Feb 16, 2013

I am posting the information here on how to use this macro and what it does.  I will follow this with another post that has the actual macros (there are two of them.) Basically this macro adds your drug to your autocorrect in lower case, and then autocorrects to the way it should appear.  But you need to type into the box the way you want the drug to look.  For example, AcipHex.  You would type in "AcipHex" into the box but what is entered into autocorrect is:  "aciphex ...

Shorthand Program - Instructions For Dummies?
Feb 05, 2014

Can anyone help me with instructions for dummies on how to renew my shorthand program? I got the notification, but not sure what to do from there. ...

Cannot Edit Cc's
Feb 26, 2014

What in the world did they do to the cc list?  I can no longer edit anything.  Grrrr. ...

Don't Over Edit. Don't Over Edit. Sm
Oct 31, 2014

We've all heard that, right?  Someone should inform QA to not over QA then because adding in "a" or "the" or "an" is overediting!  Plus, we get dinged for it.  I'm so over this BS.  I am literally so nervous now when I sit down to work.  Yesterday, I slowed playback down to the point that I did 700 lines LESS than I had been doing just to see if this made any difference.  Nope.  Still got hit with a, an, the crap from QA.  If tomorrow's big ...

Dictaphone C-phone - Where I Can Print Instructions / Programming
Oct 30, 2009

Dumb question, but I have not used my dictaphone C-phone for years and I forget how to use it. Is there someplace where I can print instructions on programing and use of this? Thanks, Ronni ...