A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Webmedx says on their website that they have a family friendly schedule, etc. but - sm - dee

Posted: Feb 15, 2011

I had a phone interview with them, and they don't sound like they're flexible AT ALL.  She even told me that they're not.  She made it sound like I have to be dying to miss any work.  They say they have excellent insurance, but their family insurance is around $700 a month!!  Plus she told me that I would have to type 7000 lines per week, but I saw on several posts on here that they only had to type 5500 lines.  So, I'm wondering if this company promises certain things, but then it actually ends up being the opposite, and also tells one person one thing and someone else something different.  I don't want to make a huge mistake!  I have only worked for one other company at home, so I'm new to all of this.  (I had always worked in the hospital setting).  From what I've read on here on different posts it sounds like I need to get out of this profession period.  Scary stuff.  Anyways, any positive or negative feedback about this company is welcome.  Thanks!   

They will say whatever to get you hired - they lie

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been there almost 4 years and my schedule has gone from bad to worse. They insist you work at least 1 weekend day, and it appears you are locked into it forever - I am sick of permanently working Saturdays, and half the time only have about 4 hours work on Saturdays, but can get no cooperation at all in changing to a M-F schedule - they simply will not let me have it although I know they MUST be giving that schedule to "someone" due to high turnover. Right now we're being offered OT due to it being one client's busy season - I am getting very burnt out from working 6 days a week, but if they train more people on the account in a couple months there will be no work on it at all. The only flexing they want you to do is at THEIR convenience. I had to drop my child from their insurance entirely and buy him a private policy I could afford. My family complains that I am "always working". I'm working harder and harder and making less and less due to crappy platforms and the fact that they encourage clients to be as picky and eccentric as they want to be and assure them our MTs will bend over backwards to fix EVERYTHING and make them look wonderful. I wouldn't call them family friendly OR MT friendly for that matter. I've been trying to find a different MT job for 2 years now and I assume I'll have to quit MT altogether if I ever want to have "a life" or a paycheck.

If you can't find another MT job after 2 years, sm - ?Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
either you are not looking hard enough, your expectations are very hard to meet, or maybe your skills are not as sharp as they need to be. Anyone can find another job in 2 years.

Who's forcing you to work 6 days a week? 2 years - looking for another job? Good luck with year 3. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

You got the right impression of them. - Say one thing mean another.

[ In Reply To ..]
They discourage open communication so that MTs can not compare notes. They tell you one thing and someone else something completely different. There family insurance is closer to $800 a month and that is with a $5000.00 deductible! Does that sound like "good" insurance?

Trust your instincts on this one.

Are you kidding? Everyone's hours and lines = production - are posted on the community page for

[ In Reply To ..]
everyone to view.

Also, it's true people are pretty discrete on the various forum boards, but people meet others there and are able to chat elsewhere if they want. Plus, WMX facilitates communication by putting all e-mail addresses in one format, so got a name, communicate.

I don't know how our insurance compares with others right now, not low certainly, but if you don't like it, support healthcare reform. Our entire industry is aging. Any company that has lower rates this time around is going to see an increase next time.

As for say one thing, etc., WMX lived up to our initial hiring agreement 100%. I did ask questions, read documents, etc., so there were no surprises.

try transportal - missingtransportalmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to work for them. They are a really great company and very flexible. Unfortunately I had some communication issues with my direct supervisor and no longer work there, but I still think they are a very good company.

I've found Webmedx to be a good employer...sm - my experience

[ In Reply To ..]
Did you ask the recruiter about what you'd read about the 5500 line requirement?

If you agree to work a certain schedule, then you are obligated to work that schedule. If you are sick, of course your manager will work with you. The recruiter is probably trying to convey that you can't miss your shift for just any old reason. No different than any other employer out there, whether it is an MTSO or a fast food restaurant. Lots of MTs get hired, then decide to skip a shift, or not notify their manager if they are going to be late etc. The recruiter is probably just laying that expectation on the line - that you work when you are contracted to work.

Ask the recruiter more questions if you are unsure. Ask to speak with a current employee maybe? As I stated before, I'm content at Webmedx. Have never felt "lied to." JMHO.

I didn't say anything about 5500 lines - sm - dee

[ In Reply To ..]
that I heard on here about because I didn't know what she would think about me being on here chatting. She said that they wouldn't accept missing for doctor appointments either, and I go to the doctor a lot for health issues, and some of the appointments I can only get in on at certain times and have to wait 2 months to get an appointment in the first place, so I've gotta take what I can get. If I make up the time I don't see why it would matter.

sounds to me that they don't want to hire you, making it difficult for you, so you won't h - Just my opinion

[ In Reply To ..]
mm
Oh, Dee, you DIDN'T mention your health issues in the - interview, did you? JMO may
[ In Reply To ..]
be right. Never, ever do that. Or even mention them here (without fuzzing out your head and disguising your voice) in case somebody matches you up. All companies are trying to keep skyrocketing insurance premiums as low as possible for their employees and hours actually worked up.

Unofficially, in my region anyway, we usually have more than 8 hours to get in our 8 hours, although not when work's piling up. Thus, doc appointments aren't normally a problem, unless one is taking buses across the city to get there and back.

As for 7000, or 5500 lines, per week, I don't know but wouldn't worry about it. It's very doable for at least a reasonably skilled MT working a full schedule. And I'm assuming that is what they're looking for.
No I didn't say anything during the interview, and dee isn't my real name - sm - dee
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the info.
You're welcome. It's a good company, but like others it's - tightening up, becoming more like
[ In Reply To ..]
like working in an office but at home. Any company can only go so far toward treating us like hourly office workers before I expect to be paid hourly, but we're a good way from the break point for me yet. I think. Some people report getting warnings about having too many pauses in their payback, though, something that grabbed my attention immediately.

They've changed since when I was hired (sm) - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I still think they're better than most of the MT companies out there, but I no longer think they have integrity. I think having a medical condition that they know about does adversely affect the decisions they make about you even if you don't let it affect your work. That's unfortunate, but not uncommon among employers. Yes, if you have a way out of the profession, I think that's the way to go. MT has had problems for a long time. I am still with Webmedx, but I don't trust them to make ethical decisions anymore. I am actively working to get out of this field altogether.

So my opinion: You can definitely do worse, but I can't recommend Webmedx anymore.

Worrisome position to be in, MT. They've mentioned a couple - of times that their med claims are higher

[ In Reply To ..]
than typical, so in the past they may have been pretty good about employees with health problems. They may still be, but these days I'd do a lot to keep from an employer any problem that arose.

I definitely recommend supporting healthcare reform, weakened as it is with over 200 amendments by legislators who opposed it. If it goes down, this's only going to get worse. Just yesterday yet another friend told us her premium has literally doubled for the new year and she has no choice but to go bare. Now, that's REALLY scary.

Agreed, it's not just Webmedx that has high premiums and deductibles - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
It's pretty crappy everywhere in all parts of the work sector. Year after year, premiums increase, copays increase and deductibles go up. We're in a sorry state.

Forced to go bare - Sailboat

[ In Reply To ..]
Some of us are going to be forced to go bare when the Cobra we took when our company stopped giving insurance runs out. Ever try to get insurance with diabetes or some other such illness?
Ouch, Sailboat. I'm sorry. We did get a Cobra letter - once when my husband
[ In Reply To ..]
transferred from IC to employee in the same position. He was in his late 40s, no significant health problems, and the letter informed us we could continue coverage for $2,999 for the next 3 months, payable up front. This was in the early 1990s, when we paid about $150/month for his coverage, and Cobra's been a sick joke for me ever since. Thank goodness we didn't need it.

Good luck finding another job.

webmedx 5500 lines - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm the one who posted about the 5500 lines, and that IS what I was told was the minimum when I was hired, although that was over 3 years ago and also before so much of the work was ISR, so perhaps it has changed for that reason, but I was never told anything different. However, I do easily make that amount and they DO have a decent incentive pay plan (this plan is posted on the community page and so I assume this is the same across the board).

When I was hired, they WERE flexible, and I had a 12 hour time window to complete 8 hours of work. I have been told they are no longer offering this due to the clients demanding much tighter TAT on their reports. Unfortunately, I believe this is industry wide and not just Webmedx.

All in all, I can make a fair (not great) income by making the incentive levels. I do believe the tone of the company has changed in the 3 years I have been here, and they are no longer as MT friendly as they once were. There are still some great service team managers, and I have heard there are a few not so great, so your experience will be affected by who you get as your manager. Mine is still great and flexes with me if needed (but I also work OT when she needs me).

The insurance is not bad for individual, they pay a much higher percentage of your premium. When you go for the family rates, though, it IS high. I have found that to be true for most of the national companies I have interviewed with. I found it easier to purchase individual low cost insurance for my family, as nobody had any pre-existing conditions.

Hope this helps, if you want to e-mail me for more info please feel free.

Thank you for what seems to be an honest, balanced post. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

5500 lines or your state's minimum wage - Rainy

[ In Reply To ..]
With my ISR pay rate, and getting about 90% ISR work, 5500 lines/week is below my state's minimum wage. Got a warning about that once.

Please explain, Rainy. Were you informed that you - had to bring income up to min wage? NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x
making minimum wage - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I know that several people have been fired from Webmedx in the last few months due to not making enough for minimum wage. When that happens, Webmedx (or any employer) has to make up the difference. The people that I know were given 2 warnings and the 3rd time it happened they were fired. The STMs have no say in this matter, it does not matter if you have a good relationship or not, the higher powers have taken a lot harder stance on many things.
Anon is right, from what I have read...sm - Rainy
[ In Reply To ..]
I read here about people being let go for it after warnings, and Anon is correct that the company has to pay the difference between a state's minimum wage and what an employee makes below that, which now sounds reasonable. It may be obvious to some people, but not known to me so it was kind of a shock to receive the warning.
That has happened at my company too - TT MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I work for TT, and it has happened there also. They do 3 warnings, and then if you don't bring up your line count to make minimum wage you are let go. Things are really hard right now to even make minimum wage in some companies because of the lack of work.

Similar Messages:

Any Idea What Family Insurance Costs For Webmedx?, Also Line Rates, Etc.
Jan 20, 2010

Just looking for a range here if you don't mind.   Also, are they strict with their schedules? ...

I Am So Sick And Tired Of Adjusting My Schedule To Their Maintenance Schedule!
Jan 13, 2011

I work on Saturday second shift on the west coast, so their Sunday EST maintenance period falls at 9 pm on Saturday night here. I've got other things to do on Saturday day than start work several hours early every single every other weekend. I've got a social life too. ...

He Is *eneble* And Friendly. Thanks. Nm
Oct 19, 2010

nm ...

TTS - Friendly, Polite, Yet Professional
Mar 10, 2012

Earlier this week TTS contacted me asking if I was interested in working with them (I had applied back in 2010 and due to various working conditions offered, I had declined the position). However, this offer, I must say, was most attractive. I read the post below; however, after talking with the recruiter I found: a.  She was most knowledgeable and helpful with my questions, friendly, polite, yet professional. b.  Pay offered was close to 10 cpl (straight text) and close to 5 cpl (VR).  ...

Does It Seem Like Each New Platform Is Less User Friendly?
Oct 20, 2012

Just having one of those days. I just trained on DocQscribe. However, I am used to Cornerstone. Does it take a long time to get used to DocQscribe?   ...

Which Company (the Big 2) Has The Most User-friendly SM
Dec 27, 2013

pre-employment tests/testing?  I usually breeze through most of these tests, but have heard stories that some are set up to deliverately fail, that one of them is easier than the other one.  I'd like to hear from an applicant who has tested at both of the big twp, both MM & N, if possible. Thanks for any help. ...

Amphion - Platform User Friendly?
Aug 16, 2011

I was reading on their site about their training, is it as hard to set up as they make it sound? Also is the platform user friendly?  Is it primarily standard or editing? Are you held to a schedule?  Thank you for any help,  I did check older posts but didn't find out this info.  ...

Winscribe Efficient, User-friendly, Etc?
Jul 05, 2012

Have anyone used this platform before.  Is it efficient, user-friendly, etc.  Thanks for the info!  ...

Friendly Reminder From FIRED Ex-employee
Jan 15, 2015

I see there are so many new people on since I left. Anyone who has been threatened, I just want to remind you to PLEASE, COPY AND PASTE your emails in another file and SAVE them or PRINT them. When I was fired after I failed their 3 week probation type test, by the time I hung up the phone I WAS LOCKED OUT OF EVERYTHING. I had no proof of ANYTHING, any of the threats, etc. I just don't want anyone else to have to go through what I did. The threatening emails about MUP or not reaching th ...

Emdat Platform? Any Comments On User Friendly?
Aug 29, 2014

a ...

Looking For A User Friendly Email Program Other Than Outlook, Any Suggestions?
Jan 26, 2012

I currently have Outlook 2010 on my PC and I HATE IT!  I can't save any contacts.  I keep getting a message that says I don't have permission to save to that folder or something to that effect.  It's has an obnoxious toolbar at the top of the screen that I have to study every time I need to perform any kind of action.  I really just want something simple.  I don't have Outlook Express on my PC which I would use if I had it.  I've been looki ...

Do You Family Still Come First? I Would Like To Know!
May 01, 2010

After being at a company with no work and little respect for the MT, I decided to quit and find another job.  I have been testing great,passing the on-line tests easily,and getting interest, and job offers.  My only problem is that all the jobs offered to me are for the afternoon shift.  Please do not get me wrong, I will work afternoon shift if my kids do not have food on the table, but I would rather have my afternoons, evenings free to spend time with my kids after they are gon ...

Thanks For All The Comma/and Help Family
Feb 27, 2010

Now I have another one:  first or 1st? First metatarsal, or 1st metatarsal First rib, or 1st rib When should you use first and when should you use 1st?  Thanks family! ...

No Family Support
Mar 29, 2010

I was all set to just quit MQ this past weekend, I had just had enough, even though I don't have another job yet, but am finishing my courses, which I am almost done with.  But my husband got upset about being the only breadwinner and dipping into the savings.  I can't get him to understand what I have to go through.  I keep hoping they will just fire me or lay me off so I can get unemployment, but so far nothing, even though I'm certainly not turning in the work I ...

Death In Family
Sep 10, 2010

Does MQ offer bereavement pay?  I don't have any PTO time left, but have to attend a funeral out of town.  (another expense I cannot afford...)  ...

Does Anyone Do Family Practice?
Apr 30, 2011

I have been doing transcription for about 7 years now, but almost all of that has been doing family practice work in SOAP note fashion.  When I first graduated I briefly did some work doing OP, H&P, discharges, et cetera.  I only did that for a short time and then started working at my current job. I have been with this small MTSO for 6 years doing family practice. I also did some letters and SOAP notes for peds endo for a while while doing the family practice. Anyway, over the las ...

How Do You Get Your Family To Leave You Alone?
Mar 23, 2012

It's hard enough to get my lines in.  I tell my family I'm on the clock, I have to work, but they just don't pay any attention.  If they are here, they walk right in, sit down and start talking, even though they can see my fingers poised over the keyboard and my headphones on.  If they are not here, they call, and then they have to repeat everything three times.  I know I could clock out but I can't just abandon a job I'm in the middle of so even if I ...

Family Medical Leave
Apr 18, 2010

Be sure you have enough work hours every 12 months to get family medical  leave if you need it. You will need to have 1250 hours for the past 12 months. If you work the 24-hour work week, you will have 1248 hours, missing two hours. While Medquist of course has the discretion of giving you family medical leave even with the 1248 hours, they are not required to do that. Then you will either have to let your relatives who need your help manage without you or lose your job.  At your CCM&# ...

I Guess We Now Dictate With Our Family
May 11, 2010

I just had an idiot dictating with what sounded like his whole family in the background, foreground, everyground.  Two young girls talking and giggling and then saying goodbye to each other.  Daughter talking to mother.  Some kind of beeping noise like a piece of heavy equipment backing up....beep, beep, beep, beep.  Dictator just yapping away.  How inconsiderate!!!!  Okay, I'm done.  ...

Hate Having To Tell My Family To Leave Me Alone
Feb 02, 2013

I have told them, if my ears are in I'm working.  If I'm not working, I'm not making money.  I have only 8 hours in which to get this work done. But still, they will walk in here and start talking.  Then I have to tell them again, and that always makes me feel BAD! ...

ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THE FAMILY ACT LEAVE AND HOW IT IS HANDLED
Jul 08, 2013

may need to take a leave of absence for a while....I cannot find an employee handbook anywhere, was employed by Transcend when Nuance bought them out ...

So What Happens If You Have A Personal/family Emergency ..... Sm
Jul 08, 2014

and have to take time off at the last minute? And have no PTO time? Will I be fired? ...

Family Insurance Coverage
Nov 07, 2014

Someone posted a message about a week ago that they were a single parent and could not afford the price of family coverage. Well, I am in the same boat. Family coverage with Nuance and most insurance companies I have checked out will cost me around 450.00 per month for just me and my son. But, I don't have to carry him under the same policy. If I take BCBSMA through Nuance and insure him under BCBSNC he is only 100.00 a month saving me around 250.00 dollars and month. I hope this helps ...

Oh Brother! My Whole Family Is Mad At Me For Working Tonight.
Dec 24, 2009

My husband has had it with this company and slave job and making half the pay.  He wants to go to church tonight and wants us to have time with family and play games and watch movies tonight, BUT I HAVE TO WORK TONIGHT AND TOMORROW MORNING!  Back to back.  Frankly, IT SUCKS BIG TIME!  Doctors and nurses have fun.  They get to talk to people when they work on holidays and give gifts to each other and listen to Christmas music and socialize while working.  Me?  I ...

The Family Wishes To Trim Her Pharmacal *pia*?? Thanks Nm
Jan 05, 2010

nm ...

S/l Keratin Malaysia... Just In Family History NFI
Jan 25, 2010

In the family history, just says "Father has s/l keratin malaysia" malashea... any ideas?  thank you ...

Capitalization - Family Planning Clinic ?
Oct 14, 2010

In a medical transcription report is "family planning clinic" capalized? Thanxs ...

Long Day..How Would You Type (this Is In Family History) Sm
Jun 03, 2011

father of the baby's brother had (this account is verbatim). Thanks so much! ...

$700 A Month For Health Insurance For My Family?
Feb 10, 2012

When I worked in-house at a local hospital until a couple of years ago, I was able to get health, dental, prescription plan, life, etc., insurance for my whole family (90%/10%) for only $250 a month.  The hospital paid the other half of the premium.  Unfortunately our nice little community hospital got bought out by a nationwide hospital corporation which had a preexisting contract with a national transcription company.  At first I was just like, well, here we go, I guess I'l ...

Company Question Regarding Family Members.
Mar 23, 2012

Does anyone have family members in the same household working for the same company?  Is this allowed?   Thanks ...