A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

WEBMEDX BOUGHT BY NUANCE - Yowza

Posted: Jun 21, 2011

God help us all.

OMG - eb

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so glad I left WMX a few months ago. Unbelieveable that Nuance has bought WMX. WMX never cared about its workers and this proves it. If you think WMX is bad now, wait until Nuance takes over. I wonder what will happen to the managers and the CEO of WMX.

Nuance - Happy to be employed!

[ In Reply To ..]
Hey I also read lots of lots of negative "what if's" on this site. I was with OSI for 5 years, now nuance and have 0 complaints. My managers stayed the same, even the call center people stayed the exact same!!?? It's all good here at nuance, yes line count pay went down but there are incentives and it has made me a better MT! I've never made a ton of $ doing this but that is not why I do it! I do it not to have to commute anywhere. BTW, Nuance stated that hospitals are requesting that the work stay in the USA and they would not fire ANY US based MTs and they didn't!

Amen to that - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so glad I got out when I did. Wonder who is next.

Webmedx nuance - Good1

[ In Reply To ..]
!

Webmedx - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Glad Webmedx has at least one loyal employee, as they have been so good to you I bet!!!!

Webmedx - good1

[ In Reply To ..]
!
Webmedx - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
All I am saying is you better read you new contract with a magnifying glass, watch for your benefits and pay to go down down down.
webmedx - good1
[ In Reply To ..]
!
Get a grip. Who do you think you are?? - You are insulting
[ In Reply To ..]
Stop assuming that you know what anyone else is going through. Happy for you that you are management and don't have to worry like the rest of us. Keep it to yourself. This is neither the time nor the place for condescending statements.
good1 - Nick
[ In Reply To ..]
And why don't you stay away if you don't like this site? And are you
"producing" during the time you are telling everyone else what to do? I think you should look in the mirror and take your own advice.
Facts.... - hmmm
[ In Reply To ..]
When Nuance bought Encompass, the VR pay scale dropped from 5 cpl to 4 cpl - a 20% cut. The evening differential (after 5:00 p.m.) was taken away, so instead of earning 6 cpl, you get 4 cpl - a 33% decrease. Now if you want an extra 0.5 cpl (or 4.5 cpl) you have to work after 10:00 p.m. The weekend differential was removed entirely, so you get 4 cpl for weekend work, instead of 7 cpl - a 43% decrease.

In this model, a person typing/editing the minimum for the bonus (220 weighted lines an hour) would have gone from making $15.40 per hour on the weekend, to $8.80 per hour. A person working weekdays would have gone from $11 an hour to $8.80 per hour - a loss of $2.20.

The incentive bonus lets you earn back at most 15% of what your gross pay was for the quarter - assuming you get the highest scores on quality, the lowest QA percentage, and have been with the company for at least 60 months.

Let's assume you work 40 hours a week at 220 lines an hour, only on the weekdays, doing all speech rec. Your gross would be $704 per check (80 hours x 220 lph x 4 cpl). You would have 6 checks in a quarter at that rate - so, $4224 gross for 3 months. Multiply that times 15% max incentive, and you get a total of $949. That works out to $1.97 per hour if you divide it by the number of hours worked in a quarter.

So, if you lost at minimum $2.20 per hour for the cpl pay cut, and earned back the maximum bonus, you are still $0.23 per hour in the hole.

To even get the highest percentage of the bonus, you have to have 100% quality for the entire quarter, 0-3% of your jobs sent to QA, and have worked for the company (or one of its acquisitions) for 5 years.

Obviously, one could argue that you can up your pay by upping your production, but how do you do that and still maintain 100% quality?

Also, there is the Fiesa system to deal with. You have to review your QA data, and respond to critical errors regularly, and you don't get paid for that.

Hope this helps.
You've obviously never suffered through a merger before. - Its a lose-lose situation for most MTs. (nm)
[ In Reply To ..]
wbemedx and sour grapes - yawemas
[ In Reply To ..]
Try working for someone before you make conclusions, IMHO. My pay has not gone down. Then too, I work my agreed-upon schedule and don't take off whenever the whim hits me and not bother to call in or send an email. Vinegar and honey. If someone does what they sign on for, no problems. Flame away!

Its funny, if you are happy and do your job, you get flamed and called names. Where did persoanl responsibility go? IN MY OPINION.
I have yet to hear of any MTs of bought-out MTSOs - having it better, or even as good, as before.
[ In Reply To ..]
And it sure wasn't that way when my MTSO got bought out, either. It doesn't happen right away. But, over the ensuing months, and years, things DO get worse. They want more and more work done. Yet less and less is available. You get a pay cut. Your insurance (if you have any at all) gets worse and worse, and costs more and more. You start to notice little things happening to your pay, and your accounts, that let you know that they would just as soon you quit, because they didn't want the MTs from the bought-out company, anyway. All they wanted was the accounts.
That describes Wmx to a tee already - so its more of the same 4 us
[ In Reply To ..]
We've been on a steady decline for the last 2-3 years, and you've described it exactly. At least they've taught us how to take abuse and we're seasoned at it now.
Hate to point out the obvious (well, not really), - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
but you're participating in this thread. So you're "involved in the gossip," as you call it. Just thought I'd mention it in case you somehow didn't realize you're posting.
LOL! Right on. - The pot calling the kettle...
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Posting - toxictypist
[ In Reply To ..]
Are YOU also posting? I see more than one by you.....??? Production is down because there is NO WORK. Where have you been?
Maybe you are just management...and these decisions do not matter to you? - More like it.
[ In Reply To ..]
NOBODY in the MT end of this can be unaffected. Period. Must mean that you wear a suit to work every day. Probably even had a hand in the backstabbing. Webmedx might as well get out of the transcription business as they've shot themselves in the foot with any MT worth their salt.
I think you missed something. They DID get out of the MT business; they sold out. sm - Tired and Old
[ In Reply To ..]
I am sure that the CEO is not too concerned as he and the other were the owners and will make a boatload of money. MTSOs sell for 80 to 125% of their revenues depending on their size, with the larger ones getting the most money. You can bet that they walked away with between $35 and $50 million. Not chump change by any means.
clueless - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Not true. The company has been owned by an equirty holding company, not managemen.

GRATEFUL - Yowza

[ In Reply To ..]
No, I didn't stick around for the end. Was having a hard time controlling the urge to vomit listening to our CEO prancing about, spouting about how excited he is. Bet he'll be excited in the unemployment line, too. Yep, I am so grateful. Betcha you will be too when our pay is cut yet again.

Heck, he's probably retiring and couldn't care less. nm - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Heck... - Agree
[ In Reply To ..]
Your original comment, in its entirety, before moderator editing, was totally hilarious and who knows...you could be right!
heck - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I missed the original! shoot! but my imagination is pretty active right now and I could say a lot bit will bite my tongue!
Huh? It's as I wrote it. nm - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

They don't care enough about their workers to - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
bother not selling to an Indian company who offshores a ton of work, so who cares if they mention the sale on a message board...

Good1 - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
Spoken like a true suit. Did you forget that we have that little thing called the freedom of speech in this country?

This kind of comment is so unhelpful. Can you please share details - with why Nuance will be a bad employer? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Nuance not bad - good1

[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance will not be bad, just gossip people on here as usual.

You sure are wasting a lot of time gossiping here, and the only one - who thinks theyre great

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Oh goodness, offshoring comes to mind. - Not gossip, stated by management

[ In Reply To ..]
The prospect of a POSSIBLE (nothing specific would be verified) loss/change of job/responsibilities/hours, loss of pay, loss of benefits, loss of 401k. I started with Webmedx many years ago, it was a great company - we knew each other, knew our managers, knew our accounts, did a good job and were paid and treated decently. The last year or so, it is turning into just another MTSO nightmare. Hopefully none of these possibles will happen to any of us. Hope for the best!

Indian-owned. Search the boards... - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Not Indian owned, but they have offshore MTs. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Nuance has branches in India..google it - ee
[ In Reply To ..]
There are Nuance branches in India, so I guess it is like what has happened to Medquist..they are now owned more than 50% by CBay in India.
Nuance joined with Focus. They're like CBay in that - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
they have operations in India and the "store front" in the US.

So is Nuance now bigger than Medquist? Seems like they are taking over the MT world - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I believe they said - #2 now

[ In Reply To ..]
No pun intended

It really sucks that offshoring co's are monopolizing our - industry!!!

[ In Reply To ..]
x
If things continue in the U.S. as they are now, - eventually everything, Nuance & MQ included,
[ In Reply To ..]
owned by CHINA.
USA - Sam
[ In Reply To ..]
write to your congressmen and congresswomen. Get off your butts and make some noise to keep jobs here in the USA. I'm tired of reading these comments of doom and gloom without efforts to make a difference.
You must be new here. Lots of MTs on this board - have already done just that. nm
[ In Reply To ..]

Guess if you can whose next. I bet I know. - Not saying.

[ In Reply To ..]
Seems kind of obvious, after all the talk last week. Sort of off topic, but those of us at that other company should be able to see the writing on the wall, as the WMXers should have, with the huge cuts and all. Sorry for you, I know we're next.

Would this company being with a 'T'? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

My post refers to company beginning with T, yes - the one that says Not by Nuance

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, the company I work begins with a T and, yes, I do think something is going on behind the scenes...but not with Nuance. JMHO, no proof or anything, just a hunch that I hope is terribly off target.

Hate when I do that. S/B - who's next. Ugh - Bad speller

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

If youre referring to whom I think youre referring I agree but - not by Nuance, I think by Transcend

[ In Reply To ..]
The sudden and consistent lack of work is a red flag to me and while I won't name the company here it has been discussed extensively here within the past week. However, I don't believe it's Nuance that's going to buy them...my hunch is Transcend is going to snatch them up.

And I've never hoped I'm wrong so much in my life.

Escription - Yowza

[ In Reply To ..]
Doesn't Transcend use the Escription platform? I read that Nuance owns Escription. I'm really confused...lol

Where's the documentation??? - NCMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't see a thing about this online.

documentation - tank

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't believe the announcement to the press has been released yet. If that's true Yowza is in big trouble.

Big trouble - Yowza

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, surely they wouldn't be stupid enough to try to sue me since I work for them, and they are well aware of how much money I DO NOT have. The announcement was made via a recording (so we can't copy and paste anything in written format) for those of us lucky enough to be employed by Web/Nuance, whoever we work for now.
How can they expect us not to talk about it? - ashamed of themselves or what?
[ In Reply To ..]
Its in print in the FAQ section on the Community Board for all their current employees to read. If outsiders don't believe it until they see it in the newspaper, why should WE give a hoot? WE were told, WE have a right to be upset and talk about it amongst ourselves. And our company is very, very good at keeping us in the dark, so obviously if they didn't want it known, they would not have just announced it company-wide in this manner.
I agree. If companies don't want to be talked about - in a negative way, they shouldnt do - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
negative things to their employees.
LOL! - work for a penny
[ In Reply To ..]
Too funny! I think I'll go back to waitressing.

Such an I toldya so moment - took longer than expected

[ In Reply To ..]
I knew when they were getting all itchy scratchy in the winter something was up! This is a pretty BIG acquisition.

Nuance - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Pay cut, hoops to jump through to get the incentive that is impossible to get, and if you do get it ITS NOTHING, Im not even making minimum wage now at Nuance since they took over OSI. Plus ridicilous audits you have to check, and then have reversed because QA is wrong, etc.......

I work for a different company, but come to think - of it, they, too, have been - s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
"all itchy scratchy" all winter, as well. Makes me nervous.

Does it begin with a T, if so Ive had same feeling - since around fall or winter too

[ In Reply To ..]
No message, just curious as to whether there are more of us at "T" that feel something is going on behind the scenes.
no, it begins with an A. - n/msg
[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Nuance Bought OSI And Keystrokes Bought Chartnet This Week. Any Others? Sm
Sep 26, 2010

Nuance bought Encompass recently, too.  I heard they are buying all the eScription companies.  I bet that Keystrokes gets bought by MQ soon.  What the heck is going on with all these companies buying each other?  Will there be anyone left?  ...

Nuance Bought OSI
Sep 23, 2010

Just found out Nuance bought OSI.  Can anyone with experience with this tell me what to expect. Should I be worried about major changes coming? ...

Bought Out By Nuance?
Aug 27, 2011

How was your experience?  Happy with the outcome? ...

OSI Bought By Nuance - Pay Cuts?
Nov 13, 2011

WMX employees are notified we will find out pay adjustments to be made as we blend in with Nuance sometime in November.  Sucks... Just at holiday time.  Can you tell us, did they stick it to everyone down to the 8 and 4 cents per line?  We have found out about insurance, but like every other company the insurance is high.  We are just waiting to find out about pay.  If they cut people make 9 or 10 cents per line down to 8 there are going to be some ticked off tooties. ...

TRANSCEND BOUGHT OUT BY NUANCE
Mar 07, 2012

Transcend employees received notification this morning that Transcend is being bought out by Nuance. Transition expected to happen during the second half of Nuance's fiscal year 2012. Those of you with Nuance - is this a good thing? ...

Anyone Hear Anything That Nuance Bought Sm
May 25, 2012

the Q?  Heard it from a source I am not sure whether reliable or not.  Just wondering if anyone else had heard anything like this. ...

Since Nuance Bought M-Tec, Do You Think They Will Buy Any Other Schools?
Jun 04, 2012

Everywhere you look it seems like Nuance is buying out companies. They bought out M-tec. Do you think they will continue buying schools as well as companies? ...

Which Companies Have NOT Been Bought Out By Nuance Yet?!! Nm
Apr 09, 2013

x ...

For Those Who Worked At Companies Bought Out By Nuance
Jun 23, 2011

Just wondering if there were any warning signs before you were bought out?  Or anything unusual happening?  The company I work for now hires Nuance to do our audits and had them do HIPAA training for us.  Now, I am worried they will be buying the company out.  I am probably being paranoid but just wondering. ...

Was It Accentus That Just Got Bought By Nuance? Can't Remember. Nm
Dec 09, 2012

xx ...

Webmedx/Nuance Have Seen Ads For Both???
Sep 08, 2011

I know Wmx was bought by Nuance, but are the 2 companies not blended?  They each doing their own hiring?  ...

With Webmedx/Nuance, Is Anyone
Sep 22, 2011

I know it seems like a silly question these days, but I really do need to know based on something that was said (not here).  If not, what would you estimate an average hourly salary is with this (these) company(ies)? ...

Questions For Nuance And Webmedx MTs
Jun 27, 2011

WMXers, those of you who use VR, are you continuing to use Wmx's program for now?  Are you being told whether you'll eventually move to Nuance's product? Is Nuance's VR program Dragon?  How well does it work?  Nuance put out Powerscribe which is a terrible program so I'm wondering whether Dragon (or whatever else they may use) is more efficient. ...

Nuance's Acquisition Of Webmedx
Jul 14, 2011

I saw the press release today regarding Nuance/Webmedx and was wondering, since Medquist bought M-Modal last month, if all the Webmedx accounts are being swiched over to eScription or Dictaphone (which Nuance uses), or if Nuance also acquired the Enterprise platform and all Webmedx accounts are back to that platform. Anyone out there with any additional information about how the QA folks will be handled? I'm a former Webmedx'er and a new (yet to start working) Nuance employee, so am ve ...

Webmedx/Nuance Combination ?
Sep 11, 2011

Anyone work for Webmedx and happy there?  Doesn't sound like there have been many changes yet with their buyout by Nuance.  Are you having enough work (or on a fairly regular basis)?  I know this varies by each area, but in general are most of you keeping out of the soup lines? If you hire on PT to try it out, can you switch to full time or do you have to wait so long? Is second shift the better shift to get more steady workflow? What is the difference in hiring on w ...

Webmedx Changes From Nuance To Start
Nov 02, 2011

Changes to start November.  Anyone have an idea what we might expect?   ...

Webmedx/Nuance Question
Nov 15, 2011

It seems like lately no matter what account I am working on I am left with only the hardest to understand dictators and/or jobs with bad audio quality. Anyone else notice this or is it just me? I find it hard to believe that there are only ESL doctors at all 5 of the accounts that I work on. I'm sure there must be some good dictators somewhere, but I don't get them anymore. Anyone also notice the quality of ISR is absolutely pitiful? Getting more frustrated by the minute here. Jus ...

Question For Webmedx/Nuance MTs
Jan 24, 2012

How many of you received the bonus for last pay period? I did not because my QC percent was too high (was told there was an error in how this was calculated and that the bonus would not be in this check due to this error but would be paid at a later date). ...

Former WebmedX CEO Leaving Nuance
Mar 18, 2013

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20130313005208/en ...

Insurance Rates/webmedx/nuance
Nov 17, 2011

for an employee and spouse $767.00 a month, dental for an employee and spouse $63.00 a month.  I am having to waive the dental, can't afford that.  Might have to find a 2nd job as well.  Stinks for sure. ...

Webmedx/Nuance Lines Per Hour
Nov 18, 2011

How many lines per hour are most people averaging right now on this platform? I am getting a mixture of straight type /VR that varies daily. They have not shown us any reports of how everyone is doing as a group. I don't think I can make the quota in 8 hours to qualify for benefits. I am trying.  We have open enrollment for insurance ending November 30.  The 1st week in December, they will tell us what the pay plan is for the future.  Granted, insurance ra ...

What's With All These Webmedx Now Part Of Nuance Job Ads All Over The Internet?
Dec 05, 2011

The AD claims  they are “Best in KLAS”, AHDI Employer of the Year and still offer a production based incentive bonus? With everything we are hearing about Nuance taking them over and Nuances pay and bonus plan referred on here as  low. Especially the nuance quality based incentive bonus that has their own employees griping about on this forum. Yet Webmedx now taken over by Nuance is still advertising a production based bonus plan? Whats that all about?? ...

I Make $8.50 An Hour With Webmedx/Nuance
Dec 09, 2011

Since we were acquired by the big N, "We" are on the old platform, not Dragon.  I don't get any reports that have templates or normals. The account has thousands of doctors.  This is as much as I can possibly make under these parameters. So running our "salary calculator," it comes out to $8.50 an hour.  I was making twice this 2 years ago for same company before it was acquired. ...

Previous Mergers With Nuance (Webmedx, Etc.)
Apr 19, 2012

MTs who worked previously for companies bought out by Nuance I was wondering did any of you work using satellite internet?  If so, what happened when you Nuance took over as Nuance says no satellite?  I use satellite internet so I'm wondering what will happen with Nuance when they take over Transcend.  Initially, I'm sure I would be able to use it, but if the platform is changed, then what?  I'm just wondering should I find another job now that accepts sat. or ...

Webmedx/Nuance Pay Compared To 6 Months Ago
Jun 04, 2012

Is anyone who transitioned from Webmedx to Nuance making more than they were 6 months ago?  We got a letter in January stating we would be by now because of "performance improvements and increased production capcity." Well that is not happening.  After the next cut in pay, I think I will be close to minimum wage real soon here. ...

Journalist's Deadline Question On Webmedx And Nuance
Sep 13, 2011

Hello:I am a journalist covering a local public hospital district where transcriptionists have just been outsourced to Webmedx. That company has apparently been bought out by Nuance, and I would like to know more from MTs who have had experience with either company. How does pay compare with a job in a hospital, how much do you make per hour, does Nuance outsource offshore and what can those who work for Nuance expect in the way of job security and benefits. Though I am requ ...

Webmedx,nuance Paycut On OLD VR PROGRAM Not Fair!
Dec 01, 2011

I have gone over my pay records over the past couple of years or so and my salary correspondence from this company with a qualified unemployment case worker. When I recently told her that now it appears they (wmx,nuance) are going to even cut my pay more the option I  have is to quit and then file an appeal. If the company were to try and fight me on ALL the cuts I have received in the near past I have everything to show the case worker to get the highest benefits ...

Webmedx,Subsidiary Of Nuance Compensation Decision.
Dec 04, 2011

I have read a few posts not only about the future compensation worries at Nuance for us "Webbers" but also mentioning the former CEO for Webmedx. I have worked for this man even before my Webmedx days. To me, he always seemed to have taken pride in his position as he talked about why he felt Webmedx was so successful due to low employee turn around and an open door policy in communication with same. Training was superb, the community page which enhanced employee recognition-data made many of us ...

Webmedx/Nuance Pay Plan Unveiled Today.
Dec 13, 2011

It appears they have done away with our paid holidays.  We can work on holidays and have a bonus (if the facility is open and there is work).  If not, we have to take it out of our PTO or not get paid. My pay  by the new plan is cut from 9  typing and 5 voice recognition to 8 and 4 instead per line.  The incentive bonus requires 99% accuracy by QA audit, and 15% or less of reports going to QA, paid every 2 weeks.   ...

Required Line Count Webmedx/Nuance
Jan 29, 2012

Would anyone be willing to tell me how may lines they require per week/payperiod?  TIA.   ...