A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transolutions==>AWESOME EXPERIENCE SO FAR!!! - Finally...a HAPPY MT

Posted: Jul 29, 2011

I started training with Transolutions this week and, lemme tell ya, it has been an absolutely AWESOME EXPERIENCE SO FAR!!!  The training was very well-organized and, once we were sent off "on our own" during the training course to do live transcription, the peeps there were SUPER HELPFUL with answering any and all questions that I had.  The feedback process is second-do-none and I really do get the impression that nobody really feels bothered when you ask them for direction and/or clarification about something.  The thing that impressed me the most was that I was able to speak one-on-one with my immediate supervisor once during the interview process and again while I was training just to see how things were going.  I haven't felt this way about an MTSO in a VERY LONG time and, you know, it really makes me happy to know that this company actually seems to value their employees and seem to go "the extra mile" to make sure you have everything you need to do your job properly.

I think I just may have found my new home and can't want to see what lies ahead Laughing

That's fantastic! So happy for you. I can almost see you smiling!!! - You Go Girl or Guy!!!

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

New job - MTtoo

[ In Reply To ..]
Finally some good news! I'm happy for you. Good luck, and I hope you continue to love it.

I had an interview with them not long ago... - found their pay system to be

[ In Reply To ..]
kind of complicated plus no pay for spaces, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be alright. I never see anything bad about them on this message board, so maybe they are okay. Keep us posted after you start working! Best of luck!

Happy for you! (sm) - dln

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so happy that you're found a "home" at Transolutions! I have been here since 2007, and even though there have been ups and downs as with any job I do feel like Transolutions is one of the best out there. I took a huge hit in pay with the implementation of SR (who didn't?), but I'm trying my best to get back up where I need to be. That's one of the best things about Transolutions ~ they actually leave you alone to work! LOL! Anyway, best of luck to you! And welcome!

happy new MT also at Transolutions - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I am pretty new there also and am not sure if I am still in the "honeymoon" period or not, but so far I agree it has been good! You get much more of a personal touch because of the smaller size of the company and they even sent me a card in the mail welcoming me!

Regarding their pay, I am still too new to give a definitive answer here, but you get bonuses on many different things, and I factored them all in and felt that it was as good if not better than my prior employment. Regarding their VBC pay, the difference here is that it is based on a 55 character line. You can compare this by copying documents into Word (I did this with four 10+ page documents to get a good comparison). Word will tell you total characters with spaces and also without. Divide the characters with spaces by 65, and the VBC or no spaces by 55, and compare the 2 numbers. I found that they were extremely close in all 4 cases, so in other words you CAN compare what they pay per line to the 65 character line paid by other companies.

Transolutions - your experience - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
Please come back in a few weeks and let us know how you are doing, especially with regards to the account and ability to maintain minimum production standards in "real time." For instance, I could make 200 lph SR if I claimed that I only worked 40 hours when I actually worked 50 or more, and I thought 200 lph SR would be easy, as I easily exceeded that on other platforms and other accounts at other companies! Not so. Subsequently, I did not stay at Transolutions for long. The people were wonderful, but I couldn't make any money and certainly could not afford the benefit package.

maintaining minimum - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I am meeting the minimum already for SR most of the time. I like their platform overall, what I do NOT like is some of the hoops you jump through inputting/verifying all of the demographic data. I don't know if this is different from account to account or not. For me, many short jobs cause me to fall under the minimum, as I spend a fair amount of time with the demos, but when I get a half-way decent job at least 3 minutes or more, I can exceed the minimum and it averages out. Does that make sense? Again, though, it is still too early for me to say and I will post an update in about a month when I should have a better idea.

Sounds like you're doing very well - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
It sounds like you are doing well for this early in your experience with them. Yes, it does make sense that you do better on longer reports since the demographic screen takes a bit of time.
In time, you will get faster as you get more familiar with the account, so your experience there might be much better than mine was.

Unfortunately, I think they do not pay for the demo screen.

I misstated on my previous message that I didn't make ANY money. Actually, I did make a tiny bit above minimum wage, but it just was not enough to live on, and I don't have the energy to work 2 jobs. If I had a second wage or a second wage earner in my household, it might have been different for me, especially if I didn't need the health insurance.

Good luck to you!!
meeting the minimum, thank you, still struggling a bit too though! - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
First of all, I have been there longer than the original poster (close to 30 days) and I just now started getting up to the 200, whereas at my other employer I was averaging 275 for VR. I am hoping this is because I am learning their system and am new. And we all have those horrible dictators that mumble and change their minds constantly, and when I get them my pay of course tumbles.

Regarding pay that another poster questioned, it varies. They have "gold" and "platinum" accounts that have a higher degree of difficulty that give you a pay boost. If you meet a certain QA standard, that is another bump in pay. You also get another bump regarding your percent on hold (QA) and they give you 5% that they consider are demographic issues, and I think their requirement is 15% on hold or less to get that boost. Then you also get paid for exceeding certain levels in your LPH. So when you combine those, it does help. I am still too new to tell you how it will work out, I will post in another month or so.

Regarding their insurance, I really think it is comparable with everything offered out there, insurance costs keep rising and the companies pass that on to us, not just at Transolutions, but I think all the major companies have done this.

Good luck to everyone whereever you end up. It is getting tough out there, not like when I started in this business. I like this company because it is smaller and more personal, but bottom line still is that you need to be able to survive on your income!

I have to agree with you Alice (sm) - anonMT

[ In Reply To ..]
It is extremely difficult to maintain minimum here at Transolutions. I was an extremely high producer with straight transcription, but with SR? Not so much. I took a huge hit in my pay when SR became the majority of the work. Not to mention, like you said, the benefits package which has increased in price (again). It's getting harder and harder to put a smile on my face.

It actually does make me feel better (how sadistic is that?) to know that somebody else struggled to make the minimum here. I was thinking I was a failure (still do some days).

Unfortunately I'm single and have to rely on myself, which I have with no problem for many years. Now? ***sigh*** Let's just say once again that it's getting harder and harder to put a smile on my face (and keep it there).

alice did you find a better place? - biskie

[ In Reply To ..]
Hi Alice,

I was thinking about applying with Transolutions, but after reading these posts, I am reconsidering. I wondered if you found a company you liked better after you left Transolutions? Or if you have any other recommendations for a good company? Thanks very much!

Similar Messages:

You Are Awesome!
Nov 06, 2009

I just want to say that everybody who gives advice here is the greatest!  You know so much!  Thank you for imparting some of your knowledge onto those of us who are just starting!  This is going to be a long road, and it's nice to know that there are others out there to help! ...

Awesome!
Apr 17, 2013

finally! ...

MTStars Is AWESOME
Jul 04, 2012

x ...

Looks Like The Awesome Company Needs MTs Again!
Apr 01, 2015

LOLOL!!  Sorry....couldn't resist :) ...

I Made The Awesome Mistake Of.......sm
Dec 07, 2013

deciding to check FIESA this morning.... REALLY DUMB DECISION!  I have just about given up doing correction reversals, especially since ALL of my post-audit QA is done offshore.  And most definitely now because they must've just hired someone off the street over there to do my post audits.  Seriously, there is 1 offshore QA person in particular who will consistently go through my reports and delete text that I have either transcribed or edited (correctly I might add) and put& ...

TSM Covering While Mine Is Out Is Awesome!
Jul 16, 2014

I'm so jealous of the team who gets to have this particular TSM.  Wow!  She's prompt in returning emails, investigates a problem thoroughly, and is overall very pleasant on the phone.  It's a breath of fresh air!  So if you're in the North and SM runs your show, I want to be on your team! ...

Been With Precyse 90 Days, AWESOME Company
Nov 05, 2013

I can't believe I put up with Nuance for soooo long!   Precyse is just  AWESOME! ...

Awesome Arm Exercise For Tired Arms And
Apr 09, 2014

I was watching a yoga show ("watching" being the operative word) and the instructor said she had a great exercise for people who sit at a desk and type all day. You can do this in your chair. You hold your arms out to your sides and keeping them straight out, rotate/twist them back and forth within the shoulder socket. You go as far as you can one way, and then hold it for a few seconds and then go the other way as far as you can and hold it. Your palms will point down one way and up ...

New Graduate - Experience In Transcription Is Experience
Nov 11, 2009

I am a new graduate and need to find a job! I am also new to this site. I got the site info from a friend that has been doing transcription work for many years. She has given me some leads, but as of now, nothing! It appears that most of these companies wnat 2 or more years experience. Does anyone know how I can start and get some experience? I suppose in anything and not just medical. Experience in transcription is experience, right? ...

Transolutions In IL
May 15, 2010

I've looked through the archives but wanted to hear from either via reply post or email anyone's current experience with this company.  They seem flexible on their scheduling, use M-Modal (which I've never used).  TIA ...

Transolutions...
Apr 13, 2011

I was curious if anyone has applied at Transolutions and knows what they are paying currently.  The add * says very competitive pay.  ...

Transolutions - Yay Or Nay
May 09, 2011

Just need a yay or nay. ...

Can I Get Some Feedback On Transolutions?
Nov 05, 2009

Does anyone work for Transolutions or have any feedback to offer?  Thanks ahead of time. ...

Transolutions - Any Information
Feb 10, 2010

Does anyone have any information on Transolutions?  Thanks for any info you can provide. ...

Transolutions - Anything Positive
Jul 01, 2010

Anyone have anything positive to say about Transolutions or more specifically their recent experience with the Apex platform? ...

Transolutions...anything GOOD To Say About Them?
May 19, 2010

I've narrowed my job search down to two companies, one of which is Transolutions. Trying to find out if there's anything positive to be said about Transolutions.   Thanksabunch ...

Job Offer From Transolutions
Jun 09, 2010

I have a job offer from Transolutions, but I have a couple of questions.   I use Instant Text and I need to know if their platform is compatible with it.  This would definitely be a dealbreaker for me.   The opinions of the company I read on this board were not very favorable -- slow speech rec program,  too much speech rec, etc.  But all the opinions were at least 2 years old.  Is there any more current information out there?   The pay scale is very enticing, but if the ...

Transolutions And IMedx
Jul 17, 2010

Anyone know anything about working at Transolutions? How about iMedx? ...

Amphion And Transolutions
Oct 31, 2010

I have had offers from both Amphion and Transolution. I was just curious if anyone had insight into either of those companies. I am really tired of choosing the wrong company to work for. I think I picked a good one and then end up being so low on work that I can't pay my bills. Please help, I don't want to make this mistake again. Thanks ...

Transolutions - Good/Bad??
Feb 01, 2011

I just need some info from anyone that works or did work there. Thanks ...

Info On Transolutions?
Mar 08, 2011

Any info on Transolutions. Good/bad/ugly? TIA! ...

Currently Working For Transolutions, Inc ?
May 14, 2011

Hi, Has anyone ever worked or currently working for Transolutions, Inc.  Any input about this company is appreciated... ...

Transolutions And Keystrokes
May 18, 2011

I have heard negatives about both, but every single company seems to have a negative and I am coming from a very negative company. Can I hear some recent news on these two? I have to decide. ...

Post Below About Transolutions
May 27, 2011

There's a post below about Transolutions, but nobody addressed the NJA issue.  Does this happen in a big way at this company?  I don't mean the usual LITTLE slumps here and there around a big holiday, I'm talking NJA on a regular basis. ...

Transolutions Few Positions Available
Jun 02, 2011

When I spoke with the recruiter, it sounded like there were just a few positions available. Yet, another recruiting ad showed up on Tuesday evening at another major MT recruiting website. So, I'm wondering, is the recruiter using the old trick of sounding like I'd better jump and grab one of those "few" positions, or did a bunch of people who were already hired suddenly quit? I wonder why Transolutions has had so many recruiting ads lately. Again, I was told that there were only ...

Transolutions And MModal?
Jun 08, 2011

I am wondering about the MModal platfrom and how it compares to other SR software.  Is it as good as Editscript?  How many lines, edited and typed, can you average an hour on MModal?  Thanks in advance. ...

Transolutions - What's The Consensus?
Jun 28, 2011

I don's see a lot about this company anywhere. What's the consensus? Thanks everyone in advance. ...

ACCENTUS/TRANSOLUTIONS
Mar 20, 2012

Medical Transcription just keeps going downhill.  They expect more and pay less.  I work for Accentus now and actually love my account and got my pay up to 5 cents for SR and 9 cents for transcription, but I have to work 10 hours a day just to make ends meet.  They pay based on how many lines you type per hour so it can change every pay period.  It's better than what I had at Transcend.  The only thing is that my supervisor is a narcissist, very mean, tears you down ...

Transolutions STAR Team
Oct 24, 2009

They asked me to test... I did look at archives and see the usual some people love it, some hate it.  Any recent comments on the STAR team? Is that being a floater, helping out on multiple accounts?  Maybe like specials team at Spheris...  ...

Transolutions....any Current Info
May 08, 2010

Does anyone have any current information on Transolutions?  I checked the archives and I could only find posts from 2007.  Thanks! ...