A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TransTech is a Sweatshop - just realized

Posted: Aug 05, 2013

Told to work, work, work.  Flex when THEY want you to and make up hours/lines.  Highly discouraged to flex for YOUR needs. 

10-15 emails a day to basically hurry up and work and get your lines, basically no matter HOW long it takes you.  Nevermind you are not even CLOSE to making minimum wage. 

They do NOT go by hours worked.  It is by getting your minimum lines at all costs. 

Wish there were better out there, or less demanding.... but to change and start all over learning 1000+ dictators and new platforms would mean even GREATER drop in wage.

Glad I''m in Rad - Darkhorse

[ In Reply To ..]
So glad I am in the Radiology section. Not like that at ALL over there. And to think I was thinking of training for Acute Care...

Funny how you are in Rad when there was none I was told. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I was even told by B that she had to learn acute care because there was no radiology. Radiology was the first to go though in the hospitals...all gone. VR or Nighthawk in Australia.

Definitely rad, just no openings at the moment - Darkhorse

[ In Reply To ..]
There is DEFINITELY RADIOLOGY. I have a primary and secondary account. Positions are LIMITED and that is probably why you would told that. In fact, I got the last position at that time and then they hired one more person for a busy cancer account.

NO LIE...RIGHT ON. Been there also. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
You are SO, SO, right. It is horrid. You HAVE to lie to keep your not-even-minimum-wage job. Disgusting, don't care who disagrees. I started out when we had BELTS...I know what I am talking about and you are so, so, right. No supervisor here saying it isn't true and people are just so negative...reality. Sweatshop...now we are the 3rd world country it seems in our labor.

they all are now - nm - tired of it

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Hmm, let's see...if you have days off then why would - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
you need to flex for YOUR needs? Most people run their errands/schedule appointments during their OFF time. If you are scheduled to work you are supposed to be working, not suddenly flexing at the drop of a hat because you "forgot" you had a doc appt. Geesh, managing your time isn't that hard to do! Also, you only flex when there is no work...and of course if you are flexing any other time during your time to work you should have to make up that time.

flexing ? - all day and night

[ In Reply To ..]
flexing per their request would mean sitting here day and night some days to get your lines.

Why shouldn't one be able to flex schedule if they have an appt or something that needs to be done? Flexing is a 2-way street chickie

Well, "chickee" you have a schedule to work.. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
work it. If you worked in-house you'd be gone in a month. Take care of your personal business on your own time.
I understand what you're talking about, flexing because there is - not enough work is quite common, sm
[ In Reply To ..]
What a rude person to assume that somone is not working their schedule. Unfortunately, there is no way to keep a schedule when the work is not consistent. This hurry up and work and wait attitude and then flex on your days off attitude seems to have become a norm amount several bigger companies out there, but I know exactly what you're talking about.
Flexing and schedule - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
If there is a schedule it is up to the company to make sure work is available. If it is by production let everyone hop on and off when the work is available and flexing should work both ways. If they want a schedule make sure work is available or pay minimum wage. Companies want their cake and eat it too!

Where is the OP saying she had a Dr. appt? The OP - anony2

[ In Reply To ..]
never mentioned anything about errands, or any other appointments. When there is no work, you need to flex. They also frown on getting off if your shift isn't over, even with NO WORK. Yet, you don't get paid for sitting there and you still have to make up your lines, which means LYING on the time sheet.

BTW, you stated "you only flex when there is no work." There rarely was/is any work.

Stop being a rah-rah for TT. They're not the great company they used to be.

Truly, the government needs to be aware of companies like this so they can put a stop to the way these companies operate.

Try turning in an accurate timecard - And see what happens

[ In Reply To ..]
I got so sick of chasing the work and "flexing" 18 hours a day just to make the minimum that one pay period I just turned in an accurate timecard. This, of course, showed I had not even made minimum wage in spite of all my hours I had to "flex."

I received a "nice" email from the owner informing me I must have made a mistake on my hours worked and taken a day off or something as what I had earned did not even make minimum wage.

Yeah, no kidding, Sherlock.

I took the hint, falsified my timecard as hinted at, and left shortly thereafter.

At least M*Modal apparently pays minimum wage. No such luck at TT. You'll just be chastised and told to look at your hours again.

Minimum requirements and hours - see below

[ In Reply To ..]
I just received one of those lovely e-mails stating my minimum is not being met according to my hours worked and my job is in jeopardy. I cannot make minumum in my required scheduled time, nor for the pay period. I am now being told to punch out and check back every hour, still required to make myself available during that time, "but don't work overtime".

Hours versus production - see below

[ In Reply To ..]
One thing I don't understand if you have to be there during your shift or you get fired. If you are sitting waiting for the work to come in that is your problem. If you are required to be sitting and waiting for work during those hours minimum wage should be paid, you are scheduled, you are there just in case, it is your time you are giving up for that company believing the hype that there is plenty of work and then nothing. They make the same amount of money no matter how many MT's are on the account 2 or 20, they don't care.

Where are the watchdogs and whistleblowers - when you need them?

[ In Reply To ..]
How in the world has this been allowed to happen? This has to be against some employment law. Surely there is an employment law attorney out there who would jump on this if they only knew. Enough is enough. They are taking advantage pure and simple.

And they have THEIR evenings off and THEIR weekends off.

I would also like to see a Living Wage that is the same across the board. No guessing at how much a job will pay.

Just give us 10 cents a line no matter what we are doing, straight or VR. The knowledge is the same. Why should we be penalized because of technology? No other profession has had a cut in pay for computer advances.

This smacks of 19th century tactics. I hope you see the monster in the mirror you have turned into, MTSOs.

Agreed, Transtech is a sweatshop - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
If a dictation took 35 minutes of some idiot repeatedly propositioning a nurse; rewording everything she says; making jokes; eating, etc., and you get more than one of these, but no real lines to equal the length of the dictation--too bad for the MT--not taken into account in any way. They want those minimum lines in but definitely only claim to do it within 8 hours or else you might hear from human resources--so work more hours but lie on your timesheet. Transtech only cares about lines.

No work available because they overhire and you slept all day to be ready for your 3rd shift and you are available--too bad. Stay up until well into 1st or 2nd shift or else. Who needs to sleep, eat, care for their families, etc.

You're on an account with 16 pages of account specifics and it is your backup which you seldom get. Said backup requires 3 pages just to explain how to do carbon copies and multiple instructions regarding to which bin to route a multitude of different worktypes or else--too bad MT. Your lines are going to drop, even though you're getting your hours in and they know this but do not care. May be subjected to loss of insurance, PTO, busted back to part time. No MT on that account should be required to do the extremely high minimum lines even if familiar with it because it ALWAYS requires more MT manipulation and research to get it out.

Don't plan to do anything on your days off or during hours when you should be done working or before work because they are harassing you to work if it miraculously comes in.

A real offense is the colorful every Friday E-mail demanding to know when over the weekend or on your day off you plan to make up lines you are short through no fault of your own.

By the way, Transtech, nothing more offensive than being called a SHORTLINER when you've tried to work.

PS: Utilizing Nuance's and M*Modal's lousy platforms provides capital for those companies who send jobs overseas so not real impressed that company claims to be U.S. only employer.

Well said! (NM) - ex TT, but still sweating in another shop.

[ In Reply To ..]
!

Is this on the oncology accts too? - ONCTYPER

[ In Reply To ..]
Just kinda wondering if this no work situation is everyone or if its just acute care and the oncology has plenty of work.

Thanks folks.

Similar Messages:

ProScript Is A Sweatshop.
Oct 10, 2010

nm ...

A Sweatshop Story
Dec 31, 2012

My grandmother used to tell a story about working in a dress factory in the 1950s. They started her out sewing pockets. It was piecemeal work. She had to meet quota to keep her job. If she went so much over quota, she made a bonus. When she started making bonuses on pockets, they moved her to setting zippers. When she started making bonuses on zippers, they moved her to a different station. And on it went. Work, work, work, produce, produce, produce until the whistle blew. Can't ma ...

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

TRANSTECH PAY
Nov 10, 2009

Anybody know what the pay is for transtech, VR and standard?  I am looking at applying. TIA ...

Transtech Rad
Nov 17, 2009

Anyone working at Transtech care to share whether there radiology accounts pay better than there acute care?  I currently work for them on acute care.  Thanks! ...

TransTech'ers, Is It Getting Any Better
Jan 25, 2010

nm ...

TransTech QA
Sep 04, 2010

Hi there fellow TT MTs:)  Do any of you ever have trouble with QA at TT.  Lately, I have been afraid to send anything in for correction, particularly 1 person, who dissects my reports down to crossing my Ts and dotting my Is.   I know she is probably just doing her job well, and I know being in QA is a hard job, but this is getting depressing. I am not a newbie by any means, and I know my job well.  Not criticizing here, just a little perplexed I guess.  Thanks everyone! ...

TransTech VR
Jun 22, 2011

Just wondering if you can do exclusively VR or exclusively traditional?  I thought it was mandatory that both be done, but I want to be sure. Do you like the ExText platform? ...

Does Anyone Know About TransTech?
Nov 06, 2010

Does anyone know about TransTech? ...

Has Anyone Gotten A TransTech W2 Yet?
Jan 27, 2011

nm ...

To MT Looking/TransTech
Mar 08, 2012

I started a new thread because I noticed your question about TransTech waaaay down at the bottom of the page and with no responses yet, so here goes... In my personal experience, nothing has changed from the older posts.  Even today, I have 4 accounts and I'm currently waiting for work to come into my queue.  If you can get in with TransTech as a favorite, you can make BIG money doing 98% OP notes (about 30,000 lines per pay period).  But, if you're just a regular, ...

Anything New At TransTech????
Jul 19, 2012

Usually there are lots of posts here about TT.  Just wondering what is going on now.  I was hired and supposed to start work there, but could not work with satellite.  For some reason, the EditScript would not come up.  So I got rid of satellite and had Verizon Wireless installed.  So far this is working pretty good.  Much better than satellite -- knock on wood.  Hopefully I can start working again.  ...

Last Day At TransTech
Jul 31, 2012

I've been with TT for about 6 years but was recently offered an in house job at 4x the pay and really great benefits. I have to say I really enjoyed working for TT other than the times of low volume and I would recommend them. Things have changed for me and I can't turn down this opportunity but I do wish them well. ...

Transtech ?
Oct 22, 2012

Does anyone know if they hire part time?  I know I have seen comments about them running out of work, but that seems to be a common thing among most of the companies anymore.  ...

Anyone Know Anything About TransTech?
Mar 18, 2013

I was recently hired by Transtech, just wondering if anyone has any experience with them?  I was very excited to get a job offer, but was a little nervous when the recruiter started explaining what to do when work was slow or there was no work.  AT 4.5 cpl for VR, the last thing I need is long periods of no work.  Anyone with experience with them? ...

All Right How About TransTech
Jul 10, 2013

I have got to find something new and unfortunately have to go with a company who hires employees/has benefits. ...

TransTech Changes?
Sep 30, 2014

I am no longer working for TransTech but just wondering if there have been any changes since merger yet?  Any anticipated?   I maybe should not have quit so soon....any suggestions?  ...

Transtech
Oct 07, 2014

Wondering if anyone knows anything about or has worked for a company called Transtech? Thanks in advance! ...

TransTech, If You're Hiring
Oct 13, 2009

some part-timers anyway, why not offer weekends to part-timers and offer some Mon-Fri shifts for the experienced full-time MTs you're trying to get.....  That's about the only way you're going to get many experienced quality MTs.  And there are always plenty of MTs looking for part-time weekend work as a 2nd job.  ...

Info On TransTech Please?
Oct 14, 2009

Any information on this company would be greatly appreciated.  TIA! ...

Axolotl Or Transtech
Oct 31, 2009

Could somebody give me some info on these two companies, i.e., pay, benefits, work flow steadiness, management, etc.?  Thank's in advance! ...

Transtech - Any Bad Or Good?
Nov 19, 2009

what is transtech like? any bad or good? ...

Question For Any Transtech-ers Out There
Jan 06, 2010

Just out of curiosity, are any of you who have been switched to much more VR than traditional (at the halved pay rate) actually making as much or more than you did before? ...

Anyone From TransTech Received A W2 Yet?
Jan 27, 2010

nm ...

Anyone Know How Much Cobra Is For Transtech?
Jan 29, 2010

nm ...

How Are Things At Transtech?
Feb 10, 2010

Does anyone have current information on the working conditions at Transtech?  Is their insurance okay?  Do they have enough work? ...

What VR Platform Does TransTech Use?
Feb 19, 2010

nm ...

Transtech - Still Low To No Work?
Mar 21, 2010

at Transtech, still low to no work or what? ...

How Is Workload At TransTech?
Apr 07, 2010

Considering applying there if there is enough work?! ...

TransTech Hiring?
Apr 13, 2010

Can you believe this?  What about the MTs they have that have little to no work? ...