A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Terrible experiences.... - Experienced MT

Posted: Jul 27, 2010

I have had horrible experiences with 2 companies in the past few months that I thought were different and would turn out much better than most medical transcription companies out there.

Well, the first one let me go because of lack of work.  They had outdated equipment and are actually holding my last check claiming that I did not mail the equipment, and I did.  The last check doesn't amount to much and probably isn't worth the time or trouble to try to get it as I am currently using all of my time jobsearching.

The second one obviously overhired.  I was quickly moved off from QA, and my reports were going directly to the hospital.  It paid 8 cents a line which is okay and around what I was paid when I started working at home 7 years ago.  Anyway, one day there was no work for me and no explanation.  This went on for 2 more days before anyone at the company would respond to me.  When I call the office and someone does answer, it's a pain to get a direct answer or to get the people on the phone that I need to talk to.  Then they tell me if I would like to pick up a second job to go ahead because they have no more work for me right now and can't promise when they will.  This was after working for them for a total of 2 weeks.  Why was I hired in the first place?  I was excited to find them as they also pay weekly, so I was counting on getting my finances turned around with a weekly paycheck.  They said to look at it as a "vacation."  Not much of a vacation when I have 3 small children and no paycheck, and we might now be kicked out of our house because I can't pay the rent.  The 2 other jobs I have right now aren't doing it, they are part-time and backup jobs just in case something like this was to happen as I have been very untrusting of transcription companies lately, but I assumed this one would be different. 

Working outside is not an option for me right now.  My SUV was totaled, I have 3 small children, and my fiance is disabled.  I just don't understand how they can so casually destroy the lives of their employees without thinking twice about it.  So everyday, I go jobsearching with no luck, and I have 15 years of experience and am very qualified.  Good luck to all of you MTs out there...

forgot to mention - Experienced MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Forgot to mention that the last company that laid me off after 2 weeks when I was interviewing with them actually stated that they always make sure there is work for everyone because they want to make sure people who really need the work are able to put food on the table....

How disgusting the lies the recruiters tell - hope your life gets better soon

[ In Reply To ..]
Its really sad that you've been treated this way. I hope you find a decent job soon.

recruiters - Experienced MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you. I really hope things start looking up....

BTW - They were both small companies.... - Experienced MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to think it was just the bigger companies that were like that after working for MedQuist and seeing the changes they have made over the years, but no these were both smaller companies....Very sad.

do you mind saying who they were? - justme

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry for the problems you are having and I hope things turn around for you and your family soon.

Do you mind telling us who these 2 companies were?

TIA :)

companies - Experienced MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess I don't mind letting everyone know. I like to try to research companies before spending time interviewing and testing as it is very time consuming. In the end, everyone has their own opinions and makes the decision that is best for them concerning the company they decide to work for.

The one that is holding my last paycheck is MDSI in Oklahoma. They are saying I owe them equipment, and I don't feel that is the case as I have mailed everything (other than a small job ID that I will mail out). Anyway, they are saying I owe pedals and phone cords and so they are holding the check. To me this is not fair, they should pay me and then bill me for whatever equipment they are saying I still have. Their equipment is beyond outdated in my opinion (C-phones), and I have no use for any of it and so I mailed all of it to them.

The one who caused more trouble for me and hired me and then laid me off due to lack of work 2 weeks later is Medical Transcribers II of Maine. I wasn't going to post their names, but they really did not have any care when it came to just leaving me behind like I'm a piece of garbage when I am a hardworker and have many years of experience.

Also, I began to get worried with Medical Transcribers II, Inc. (mti2inc) because on one of the days that I was out of work, I received an e-mail that said "Sorry, there is no work tonight as the hospital is using its in-house workers since work is very low. :(" Yes, the message was followed by a sad face. It made me wonder, are they being sarcastic because I'm out of work. I thought it was all a little weird.

Anyway, I'm stuck now with nothing but 2 little part-time jobs that don't pay often and scrambling to find something else full-time. This has caused me to not trust MT companies even more. The current pt company I'm working for can't pay until she gets her computer back. Anyway, now I'm worried about getting paid there, but I have to just keep going with what I have until something else comes up. I'm hoping to keep it as a part-time job, but if she doesn't pay me, there is no way I will.

Good luck to all MTs out there. I know it has become very difficult trying to find a company we can trust or that pays us what we truly deserve.

Similar Messages:

Stentel Ad--terrible Pay
May 09, 2013

5 to 5-1/2 per line for straight transcription/ 2-1/2 cents per line for VR.  Are they out of their ever-loving minds?  Anyone would be better off at a beginning clerical job that requires no skills at $10 per hour PLUS a couple of benefits, even if that just means you are an employee and have your taxes (i.e., social security, medicare) and other state/federally mandated business costs covered by the employer.  It just keeps getting ugiler.  And truly, are we supposed to ...

Terrible Audio
Aug 18, 2013

I have been having exceptionally bad audio lately from normally good dictators and wonder why. Could this be another cost cutting measure somehow, or maybe they okayed docs to dictate under water or in their car or wherever on old crappy cell phones or something? It's bad enough to have to face the daily FIESA attack, but to take double the time to get through a report because of horrific audio is just the icing on the cake. Anybody else find this? Frustrating when you are trying to speed ...

When You Have Terrible Dictators
Apr 14, 2014

You know the ones I mean. They don't speak full sentence or even words and fly like the wind..Do you copy the job and send it to TSM or QA lead to have them listen and try and get the doc to do better, or do you just send it to QA in all its glory with a zillion blanks..I'm 2/2 in a row and really po'd at this point. ...

BeyondTXT Platform TERRIBLE
Oct 17, 2012

I felt that I had to let MTs know some information about the BeyondTXT platform.... I have been an acute care MT for 30 years and I recently went with Transcend/Nuance using the above platform. For example, compared to some other programs like DocuMed, Dictaphone, etc., it is absolutely the worst and most unfriendly program I have ever trained or worked on. It is not all-in-one area.  Your work pool is in one area and the document is in another, plus the demographic screens are all over t ...

I Know This Is Terrible, But Reading A Post Below
Dec 01, 2014

At least you are now being paid minimum wage.  When I worked here, they sent out E-mails threatening "You do not want MUP (make-up pay)! "  If you have not met your line requirements, corrective action will be taken.....   For what it's worth, you guys achieved this.  You refused to accept not even making minimum wage.  You kept track of times when you ran out of work.  You submitted your webclock hours with information that reflected when you were out of work ...

Amphion Terrible Company
Dec 10, 2014

Amphion was a terrible company for whom to work.  Mean people.  I take pride in my work only to have it slashed, sometimes ruined, turned in that way to the hospitals.  Very low pay and negligible benefits, with late paychecks too.  No respect shown to employees.  Don't even go there.  OOW starting Thanksgiving Day.   ...

Well, We Got To A Whole Week Without Being Told How Terrible We Are.
Jun 22, 2015

Somehow, last week they must not have done an audit because there was a pleasant email silence from the QAM. But today...boy did she give our group a reaming and a nice raving rant. Missed the mark by 7/100th of a percent. I see I am not on the perfect list again despite my efforts. Must have missed an a or the. Apparently, I am not on the critical error list. It is noteworthy that the numerical critical errors are numbers that can sound alike with the poor audio we get. Heck, who is ...

Experiences With DIT Transcription ?
May 28, 2010

Hi, I am new to this internet typing transcription at home too and am finding it daunting and complicated.  Can anyone tell me about their experiences with DIT transcription ?  I was supposed to start on June 14, 2010 with them but now I do not know if they do not pay and are not realiable to work for?  They were willing to hire me?  What kind of dictation is it? Is it foreign dictators, I too wanted to get a phrase expander but at 5 cents a line, have to type 2000 lines to make 50 bucks, is ...

What Are Your Experiences With FutureNet?
Feb 02, 2011

So, other than your paycheck being a few days late last week, what are your experiences with FutureNet?  Good, bad?  How is the pay?  They're advertising for a job and I'm thinking of applying.  Thanks for the help! ...

Any Experiences With StenTel??
Jun 14, 2011

Good, bad, indifferent??  :))) ...

Experiences With Transcriptiondrs
Oct 28, 2011

Any experiences one is willing to share.  Good, bad, ugly.  Is their pay too low for IC?  8/3??  thanks ...

Experiences With Amphion?
Oct 11, 2012

What can anyone tell me about their experiences with Amphion?  I have passed the test and have an interview set up for Monday.  Thanks in advance ...

DTS In Oklahoma Experiences?
Sep 03, 2014

Anybody have any experiences with this company they can share?  Pay, benefits, schedule, errors value, etc.? Thanks in advance! ...

MQ Wonders Never Cease- TAT Terrible Under Lockdown
Jul 20, 2010

We just got an email letting us know how terrible our TAT has been for the past week.  Um, we are on lockdown!  And even if I wanted to help out (which I don't) there are no shifts available on the swap board to help out.   So whose fault is it do you think?  Certainly not the MTs, but we are getting blamed and now asked to work OT with no shifts available to pick up.  This lockdown was supposed to be the answer to MQ prayers- watch me while I do an "I tol ...

Doctors With Terrible Dictating Habits
Aug 01, 2012

I have noticed in my years as a transcriptionist the horrible sound effects I hear from some doctors.  I just now transcribed a doctor who throughout the entire dictation must have coughed and loudly cleared his throat 20 times.  I had another one who used to burp, chew food and yawn; dictating the entire time without pausing.  AND believe it or not, I had a doctor FALL ASLEEP while dictating, no joke.  I find this so rude it is not even funny.  Not to mention the doctor ...

Flunked An Audit But I Don't Really Care, Is That Terrible?
Jun 24, 2013

Am supposed to call QC to have a "mandatory" meeting but you know what?? I really don't care at this point. I am sick and tired of these stupid audits and the ticky tack crap that we get audited for. I am at the point where I want to get fired to get u/e. I am just tired and burned out. ...

Sound Quality And Dictators Terrible?...sm
Dec 02, 2013

Current Probity employee about to be sucked up by the impersonal big company.  Anyway, has anybody noticed in the last two weeks all the good dictators are gone and there's nothing left but the garbage dictators and poor sound quality?  I have struggled all evening and have a total of about 300 lines.  Ran out of work both Saturday and Sunday nights which has never happened in the past.  Either I'm on the s**t list or the work is already transitioning somewhere else ...

Any Recent Oracle/OTI Experiences?
Mar 02, 2010

Does anyone have any recent experience with Oracle?  Hate to ask such a loaded ?, as there is always good/bad experiences.  Do they really just let you get on and work anytime you feel like it as an IC as long as you meet line requirements?  Sounds great schedule wise.  How is there system?  Is it all through the Internet or do you need a phone line for some sort of C-phone?  Do they provide the word expander or short hand program?  Work load...is there always ...

ProScript - Good Experiences With Them
Mar 12, 2010

Gosh, I wonder how you all have time to write so many posts?  I have worked for ProScript since January 2009 and have had nothing but good experiences with them.  The pay plan is comparable to other companies. Perhaps those complaining have not worked anywhere new in the last year or two.  The transcription industry has changed, folks… Heck, the healthcare industry in general has changed.  I think a company who will allow an existing MT 6 months to a year to be transitioned to VR at  ...

Info On Experiences With Synernet?
Feb 15, 2011

Hi! Can anyone give me infor on their experiences with Synernet?  I would appreciate any information I can get on this company.   Thanks,     ...

Andrews School Experiences
Aug 10, 2011

I am wondering if there are any current Andrews grads/students who would be willing to discuss their experiences in and out of the program. I have already spoken with Linda at length, and am now looking for an "in the trenches" perspective. Thanks! ...

Proscript - Recent Experiences?
Oct 25, 2012

Looking for input on recent experiences with this company. Good line counts, platforms, QA, etc. Any info would be helpful. TIA ...

Experiences Posting Resumes Here?
Feb 04, 2013

I'm job hunting.  I have 13 years of experience with acute care.  Has anyone had good results posting their resume here?  I don't really want to waste my time with companies that pay .05 cpl and hire anybody with fingers. ...

It Things Are So Terrible At MModal How Do They Have Thousands Of US Transcriptions
Jun 01, 2013

Surely everyone can't be unhappy, right? ...

Anyone With Positive Experiences With Superior Global...
Jan 20, 2011

I've read the many, many negatives from dated posts. Anything new? Anything positive.   TIA ...

Diskriter Or TransTech - Opinions Or Experiences?
Jul 12, 2011

Have offers from both but have read pros and cons about each MTSO on these boards.  Has anyone worked for both and can compare the two, or does anyone have current experience at either?  I read the posts regarding the lack of work at TT and can't help but wonder if that's across the board or just a few accounts. Any advice, suggestions, experiences, etc., appreciated. ...

I Have Heard, From The Archives, That IMedx Has Terrible Wages, Withholds....sm
Dec 23, 2011

withholds up to 50% for errors or such; I am a long-time MT and have a QA score above 99, but that scares me.  Also, I heard the wages were low, and the platform bad.  This would be for straight typing, which is great for me.......Could I please have input here?  This is IC, BTW, I got an immediate response, the testing is very long, though, so I would like to know if it is worth it???  THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!! =) ...

Anyone Care To Share RECENT Experiences With Transform? 
Jun 06, 2011

Anyone care to share RECENT experiences with Transform?  I'm not finding anything recent about them. TIA ...