A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

experiences with DIT transcription ? - Diana

Posted: May 28, 2010

Hi, I am new to this internet typing transcription at home too and am finding it daunting and complicated.  Can anyone tell me about their experiences with DIT transcription ?  I was supposed to start on June 14, 2010 with them but now I do not know if they do not pay and are not realiable to work for?  They were willing to hire me?  What kind of dictation is it? Is it foreign dictators, I too wanted to get a phrase expander but at 5 cents a line, have to type 2000 lines to make 50 bucks, is that correct?  I might be wasting my time.  Does any one know of any transcriber company to pay by the hour online.?  I have not transcribed for 4 years and one company would not even look at me with 20 years experience even because I have not typed in last 3 years.  Can some one write me with their experiences.  Also, I am enrolled in transcription course through Home Professionals out of Fort Collins Colorado to get my 2nd degree in transcription so someone will hire me.  Has anyone gone through this course.  For what I paid they could at least have given me online software stedmans dictationary spell checke instead of a paper 20 dollar book.  Help, I am getting really discouraged.

I took a job with them - silversunchristina

[ In Reply To ..]
I too had heard that they didn't pay. I figured if nothing else, I could get some experience to take elsewhere. I've done my homework...they have a B rating with the BBB. That can't be all bad. They say it takes six weeks to get your first paycheck after you turn in your first pay file. It hasn't been six weeks for me, so I guess we'll see if the check comes. :)
As far as the dictators go, I've transcribed for three clinics and maybe a dozen doctors, and they all speak great English. I have yet to encounter an ESL doc.
Also, the staff are really nice and helpful. So far, I love it. I'll love it even more if I get my money haha. :) Hope this helps.

RUN...See link just from today inside about this place - DO NOT PAY

[ In Reply To ..]
http://forum.mtstars.com/237486.html

Also, to the other poster, NO, you likely will NOT get your money unless you battle it out in small claims court. I don't know how they've managed that "B" as a BBB rating but many, many MTs have been burned by this place.

RUN, RUN, RUN...NO AMOUNT OF "EXPERIENCE" IS WORTH GIVING AWAY YOUR VALUABLE SERVICES. Please note the poster of the link above is owed well over $2000 now. Not a small amount of money to toss away, especially in this economy.

The BBB - Way Old MT

[ In Reply To ..]
The Better Business Bureau doesn't do their own investigations. Their ratings are based on complaints by "consumers." Most people don't bother going to the BBB with this sort of thing, so it's not a real accurate rating. That B just means they haven't had x-amount of complaints to bring the grading down.

In other words... - hearts

[ In Reply To ..]
their MTs are doing a great job of keeping the clinics happy, so they aren't complaining to the BBB.

DIT DOESN'T PAY ON TIME - hearts

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for DIT from 01/2010 to 03/2010, even though I researched them beforehand and saw many complaints about them not paying their ICs. Sure enough, my first paycheck wasn't on time and the excuses started, from clinics don't pay them on time, to ran out of checks and new ones came in wrong, etc. I stopped working for them at that point, and I'm still waiting for two more paychecks. If you're just looking for some work experience you can list on a resume, they're great to work for, helpful, and the dictators are great. If you actually need a paycheck, don't work for them.

At the time I stopped working for them, they said they just brought on several new accounts. Why then haven't they paid me the rest of what they owe? Where is the money from these new accounts going?

I tried to file a complaint with the SC Labor Board, but an IC isn't officially an employee. It appears that for small claims court, a person needs to appear in court, and I'm in PA, not SC. I haven't yet found the correct agency with which to file a complaint. Please see news report @ http://www.wsoctv.com/news/23598856/detail.html for more information.

Small claims court - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I was of the understanding that you file in your own backyard and it's up to whomever you are filing against to show up. Has something changed in recent years? Maybe if not, they will send your payment just to avoid the trip to PA. Good luck.

Small Claims Court - hearts

[ In Reply To ..]
According to what I read, "PA small claims cases should be filed with the clerk of court in the appropriate county. You should file your claim in the county where:

* The person you're suing lives
* The event which caused you to file a complaint occurred"

I believe the owner of the company lives in SC, and the event was they (in SC) didn't pay me.

I got this information from:

http://research.lawyers.com/Pennsylvania/PA-Filing-a-Small-Claims-Suit.html

In other words, I would probably have to get a lawyer to make sure the paperwork was done properly and filed in the correct location.

I'm still hoping they will get around to paying me the rest of what they owe as they pride themselves on paying in full...eventually...
small claims court, DIT Transcriptio - D. Crry
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the good info. I never had to file a small claims court yet ever. Pride to me would be to pay at 6 weeks, not eventually. I hope you get your money for your sake. Have a good evening.

You definitely need to file a court claim; others have done it and won easily - Good Luck

[ In Reply To ..]

You really should consider filing a lawsuit as soon as possible.  There is a statute of limitations which is different in each State. 

DIT Transcription has had 3 lawsuits filed against them in the past 7 months – total awards AGAINST DIT Transcription - $11,753.96.  

That is all public record – no need to question its validity.  It comes straight from the South Carolina Court System.  

Court Date

IC Lived In

Amount Awarded

10-16-2009

North Carolina

02-11-2010

North Carolina

05-03-2010

Florida

TOTAL

$11,753.96

That is only 3 out of how many (their website states they have 200+ transcriptionists)?  Not everyone has the fortitude to file an out-of-state lawsuit, so you can just imagine how much money they are putting into their own pockets because the Independent Contractor simply gives up.  

You need to try to get your pay.  Do not let them get away with this any longer.  If they owe you a large amount, I believe it will be worth your effort.

At least send them a registered letter stating they have until such and such a date to pay you your full amount due or you will take them to court.  Maybe the fact that they have lost 3 times in the past 7 months will motivate them to pay you immediately rather than face another lawsuit and have to pay the additional court costs again.  It is certainly worth a try.  

Hope this information was of some help.

You can Email me if you have questions. 

Good Luck

DO NOT work for DIT Transcription - Jennifer Payne

[ In Reply To ..]
This company is a scam. They prey on new transcribers who are having trouble finding work. Most MT places want you to have at least 2 years experience and these guys hired me without any. They owe me over $2000 and will not get in touch with me. They are a real company doing medical transcription work but the office staff are the only ones getting paid. I worked my ass off for this company for 4 months before Googling them and finding many complaints from people with the same problem.

Their local news even did a report on them not paying their employees. Here's the link:
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/23598856/detail.html

They claim to be a "Christian-based" company but they are not. They lie and have cheated tons of people out of their money.

I repeat, "DO NOT work for DIT Transcription."

There are reputable places out there. I don't know if they're hiring but AccuTran Global is a wonderful company to work for and ANP Transcription is as well. They don't do medical transcription and it was a lot easier to get hired by them.

Good Luck and don't give up!

You REALLY need to do more research before tossing your money away. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
...and I say that with the best of intentions. The Ft. Collins "school" is essentially just a matchbook school of MT and really will not help you get a decent MT job, IMO. It's about one step above "Can you draw Bambi? If you can, then you're an artist!" Seriously. I'm not trying to be mean, really, but if you would research first you would save yourself a lot of grief and money.

is it just me, or does this OP sound ESL? - No offense

[ In Reply To ..]
I do not know why they would ask about a certain company... but am I the only one that noticed key missing words? don't get me wrong, I dont use correct punctuation all the time, but the fitting of these sentences kind of is a red flag.

Nobody else picked that up at all??

Am I just losing it today? (it has been a long week)...

and what difference would that make? - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

just the offshoring thing, didn't think it was allowed. - i said no offense

[ In Reply To ..]
just an observation
ESL and "offshore" are not necessarily the same thing - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
obviously we know that; poster can ask the question; - n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

DIT had 3 lawsuits against them in past 7 months owing MTs over $11,750 - RUN FAR AWAY

[ In Reply To ..]

These people have no problem keeping YOUR money.  They have had 3 lawsuits filed against them in the past 7 months – total awards AGAINST DIT Transcription - $11,753.96. 

That is all public record – no need to question its validity.  It comes straight from the South Carolina Court System.  

Court Date

IC Lived In

Amount Awarded

10-16-2009

North Carolina

02-11-2010

North Carolina

05-03-2010

Florida

TOTAL

$11,753.96

That is only 3 out of how many (their website states they have 200+ transcriptionists)?  Not everyone has the fortitude to file an out-of-state lawsuit, so you can just imagine how much money they are putting into their own pockets because the Independent Contractor simply gives up.  

They currently have an ad (on a website different from MTStars) where they are looking to hire 25 more Independent Contractors.  

I hope NO ONE falls for their job offer. 

If you really want to know how bad DIT Transcription is, here is where to look. 

There is a site called merchantcircle (dot) com 

Type in: 

DIT Transcription (in) Charlotte, NC

Click on the first listing (there should be 3 listings for DIT Transcription with addresses), where the “Ratings” is 2 gold/yellow stars.

On the page that follows, there are 2 sections:

1.  On the right side, as you scroll down, there is a section where you can supposedly post comments which go directly to the company – so you can make “personal” comments that supposedly the owners will get.

2.  On the left side, as you scroll down, there are “CUSTOMER REVIEW” – currently 71, starting on December 17, 2008, and going all the way up to May 20, 2010.  These are NOT comments by “customers,” but rather complaints by many Medical Transcriptionists who have not been paid.  Some give Email addresses for people who are interested in a “class action” group type of lawsuit, and other comments give addresses and telephone numbers of agencies in South Carolina that handle this type of complaint.  There are even a few posts from people trying to defend DIT – the most comical are the ones that state: “I've been with the company for over four years. Yes, my paychecks have bounced also, multiple times…”  The saddest is the one that states a woman could not bury her son because they owed her $4000 and she could not afford to pay for his funeral. 

There was even one post dated April 08, 2009 from a “Recruiter” for another company wanting former DIT Medical Transcriptionists to apply to them – “…wants DIT MTs to come and work on your same accounts on Edit Script…”

I found it interesting that NOWHERE on the DIT website does it list any address.  This site gives the address as Charlotte, NORTH CAROLINA, but others give it as Fort Mill, SOUTH CAROLINA. 

I guess the correct address is in Fort Mill, South Carolina, according to the lawsuits that were filed. 

Spread the word to anyone looking for work to stay very, very far away from this company.

Hope this information was of some help.

You can Email me if you have questions.

Good Luck

Thanks for the step-by-step tutorial on this one - I would have never figured this out

[ In Reply To ..]
VERY interesting indeed...

I am appalled this so-called "MTSO" is allowed to continue operating. What a travesty.

Totally CREEPY vibe from some of these posts! - Who passed out the Kool-Aid???

[ In Reply To ..]
Okay, so I'm totally engrossed reading these comments from the DIT MTs.

Holy Moses, who passed out the Kool-aid ala Jim Jones/Guyana at that place?

MTs posting about NOT MINDING THEY DO NOT GET PAID? To sum it up, multiple posters saying it's okay if they didn't get paid, they're working for a "good" Christian company and will stick it out with them?

Wow...just beyond words.

Some of these posts are like infiltrating a CULT. They're all convinced it's okay that theeir payroll checks are bouncing, they can't pay their bills, etc. They're planning on riding out this "difficult" time with DIT (wonder how many hung around 1-2 years later when those "difficult" times didn't ease up?).

There's loyalty, and then there is sheer LUNACY. OMG...off to read more. It's like watching a trainwreck in slow motion.

Download Softwares Here - Blitz

[ In Reply To ..]
I can help you with your software problem. Go to this link

http://gops4me.web.officelive.com/mtsoft.aspx

You can have all Stedman's Electronic Dictionaries as well as Instant Text Expander program.

Best Wishes.

Another link - Blitz

[ In Reply To ..]
Loads of software here too

http://www.4shared.com/dir/3130156/34dfa22c/Medical_Transcription.html

Similar Messages:

Terrible Experiences....
Jul 27, 2010

I have had horrible experiences with 2 companies in the past few months that I thought were different and would turn out much better than most medical transcription companies out there. Well, the first one let me go because of lack of work.  They had outdated equipment and are actually holding my last check claiming that I did not mail the equipment, and I did.  The last check doesn't amount to much and probably isn't worth the time or trouble to try to get it as I am curren ...

What Are Your Experiences With FutureNet?
Feb 02, 2011

So, other than your paycheck being a few days late last week, what are your experiences with FutureNet?  Good, bad?  How is the pay?  They're advertising for a job and I'm thinking of applying.  Thanks for the help! ...

Any Experiences With StenTel??
Jun 14, 2011

Good, bad, indifferent??  :))) ...

Experiences With Transcriptiondrs
Oct 28, 2011

Any experiences one is willing to share.  Good, bad, ugly.  Is their pay too low for IC?  8/3??  thanks ...

Experiences With Amphion?
Oct 11, 2012

What can anyone tell me about their experiences with Amphion?  I have passed the test and have an interview set up for Monday.  Thanks in advance ...

DTS In Oklahoma Experiences?
Sep 03, 2014

Anybody have any experiences with this company they can share?  Pay, benefits, schedule, errors value, etc.? Thanks in advance! ...

Any Recent Oracle/OTI Experiences?
Mar 02, 2010

Does anyone have any recent experience with Oracle?  Hate to ask such a loaded ?, as there is always good/bad experiences.  Do they really just let you get on and work anytime you feel like it as an IC as long as you meet line requirements?  Sounds great schedule wise.  How is there system?  Is it all through the Internet or do you need a phone line for some sort of C-phone?  Do they provide the word expander or short hand program?  Work load...is there always ...

ProScript - Good Experiences With Them
Mar 12, 2010

Gosh, I wonder how you all have time to write so many posts?  I have worked for ProScript since January 2009 and have had nothing but good experiences with them.  The pay plan is comparable to other companies. Perhaps those complaining have not worked anywhere new in the last year or two.  The transcription industry has changed, folks… Heck, the healthcare industry in general has changed.  I think a company who will allow an existing MT 6 months to a year to be transitioned to VR at  ...

Info On Experiences With Synernet?
Feb 15, 2011

Hi! Can anyone give me infor on their experiences with Synernet?  I would appreciate any information I can get on this company.   Thanks,     ...

Andrews School Experiences
Aug 10, 2011

I am wondering if there are any current Andrews grads/students who would be willing to discuss their experiences in and out of the program. I have already spoken with Linda at length, and am now looking for an "in the trenches" perspective. Thanks! ...

Proscript - Recent Experiences?
Oct 25, 2012

Looking for input on recent experiences with this company. Good line counts, platforms, QA, etc. Any info would be helpful. TIA ...

Experiences Posting Resumes Here?
Feb 04, 2013

I'm job hunting.  I have 13 years of experience with acute care.  Has anyone had good results posting their resume here?  I don't really want to waste my time with companies that pay .05 cpl and hire anybody with fingers. ...

Anyone With Positive Experiences With Superior Global...
Jan 20, 2011

I've read the many, many negatives from dated posts. Anything new? Anything positive.   TIA ...

Diskriter Or TransTech - Opinions Or Experiences?
Jul 12, 2011

Have offers from both but have read pros and cons about each MTSO on these boards.  Has anyone worked for both and can compare the two, or does anyone have current experience at either?  I read the posts regarding the lack of work at TT and can't help but wonder if that's across the board or just a few accounts. Any advice, suggestions, experiences, etc., appreciated. ...

Anyone Care To Share RECENT Experiences With Transform? 
Jun 06, 2011

Anyone care to share RECENT experiences with Transform?  I'm not finding anything recent about them. TIA ...

InfAny Info On Net Med Transcription, All-Write Transcription Or FutureNet Technologies?
Jun 11, 2010

I would appreciate any input anyone may have on these 3 companies. I have tried to find out about them through their local BBB, but only Net Med Transcription has anything on it. Thanks. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

Any Advice On Craft Transcription Or SOAP Transcription??
May 30, 2014

Hi!   Anyone heard of or work for Craft Transcription or SOAP Transcription??? I have a interview today with SOAP. Any information is appreciated. ...

United Transcription Or Alpha Transcription
Sep 14, 2010

Just trying to get info on both companies.  Don't see much when I search.  Anyone work for either of these and can give me more info would be appreaciated.  ...

Prn Military Transcription/prn Medical Transcription
Jun 25, 2014

Anyone hear from them yet?  Over 1100 views, that means a billion resumes. ...

Offshore Transcription Stories Wanted- Medical Malpractice Cases Related To Offshore Transcription M
Oct 15, 2009

A legal contact was inquiring about the connection of medical mistakes related to off-shored transcription mistakes.  I have told him to review these boards and hopefully he will benefit from the information here.  While he did not discuss the exact case, I think that he will be able to use the off-shore transcription issue to his client's benefit or at least highlight that the provider in question does not have as rigorous control on processing records as other pr ...

What Is Your Opinion Of Nuance Transcription And United Transcription (United In Charlotte, NC)
Jun 06, 2012

I have been offered a position with both.  I have; however, in the past, had a position where the employer still owes me $6000.  Does United pay and have the work?  Does Nuance have enough work for me?  I need full time work guaranteed income, like everyone else.  Good luck to all out there! ...

JLG Transcription - Good Or Bad, Anything About JLG Transcription?
Jun 24, 2011

Can anyone tell me, good or bad, anything about JLG Transcription? Thanks. ...

ASR -v- Transcription
Oct 12, 2009

Would someone explain to me how is that this company can legally pay us a lower rate for ASR compared to transcription?  After they pushed ASR on me, (said that I wouldn't ever get a 50:50 ratio of ASR to transcription) I am getting mostly ASR work.  My pay has dropped significantly.  Can they do this? ...

Q.E.D. Transcription
Oct 13, 2009

Does anyone know anything about, or have any experience with Q.E.D. Transcription? ...

Q.E.D. Transcription?
Nov 11, 2009

I have an interview tomorrow morning with this company, and I was wondering how they are to work for (i.e. work load, pay on time, platform, etc.).   TIA!!! ...

PRN Transcription?? Anyone??
Nov 19, 2009

Anyone have any information about P.R.N. Transcription?  Got a reply on a resume I sent out and am wondering what type of company they are???  Good, bad, ugly? ...

PRN Transcription
Nov 20, 2009

For those of you who have recently posted regarding PRN and have worked for them, is this the company out of Ohio?? ...

NOW Transcription
Dec 23, 2009

Hi all!  I was just wondering if anyone worked for NOW Transcription or if anyone knew anything about this company?  Any input would be appreciated. ...

P.r.n. Transcription
Feb 02, 2010

Just wondering if anyone works for this company or has any info on them and now they are to work for. Thanks. ...