A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any experiences with StenTel?? - CMB

Posted: Jun 14, 2011

Good, bad, indifferent??  :)))

Sten-Tel - maybe

[ In Reply To ..]
What state?

StenTel state - CMB

[ In Reply To ..]
Springfield, Mass.

Bad - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Went for a whole week with no work, hardly any communication, and then quit. After I quit, I heard others complain of also frequently having no work and then of having trouble getting paid.

Sten-Tel - notpleased

[ In Reply To ..]
This is my experience. I tested with them, signed all the paperwork, was hired at a good hourly rate with complete benefits. Three weeks before starting, the recruiter called me to tell me that they were putting my date of hire back b/c the new computer system wasn't streamlined yet. This happened twice. They stopped calling then.

I was super excited about this position for obvious reasons, to make a good hourly rate PLUS benefits PLUS working at home...geesh, it was like being treated like a "real person."

Unfortunately, it really was the beginning of the end of for me in this career. I normally would never have quit my old job, but I would leave my employer with no notice and I wanted to travel before starting this new job, so I did resign from my old job. I have not secured a job since. This was last August.

It didn't bring out anger in me, just disappointment for all MTs and sadness. I do believe, however, that each person has their own experience with a company, and timing has a lot to do with that. So, whatever your decision, I hope it is a blessed experience!

Sten-Tel - Becky

[ In Reply To ..]
To my knowledge, Sten-Tel in Springfield, Ma. is IC only and wouldn't hire at an hourly rate or give benefits, and there are TONS of companies called Sten-Tel. The one in Springfield, Ma., I worked for, for 4 years. I got 2 raises, but the pay was still low. I was on 4 accounts and had more work than I knew what to do with. I left to get a better cpl. Overall, my experience was good, but with Sten-Tel, Mass., it's hit or miss. I've talked to many as happy as I was and many that never had work and quit. Hit or miss. Good luck.
Sten-Tel - notpleased
[ In Reply To ..]
The above poster's knowledge is incorrect because I signed a contract where I was promised hourly rate as an employee. At the time, I do not believe many of their MTs were employees. Of course I know exactly where the company was. I mean, come on. LOL The recruiter was Bonnie Monico. I know her.
Sten-Tel - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I know her, too. She used to work for Transcription Relief Services.

I posted above about being there a whole week and not having any work and quitting... The one I worked at was in Springfield, Mass. At that time, they hired me on as an IC, and Sandy Hawk did the hiring.

It wasted my time totally! I expected to actually work!
My experience also. Hired by same recruiter, quit my other job, - and never had ANY work. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Well... - Becky
[ In Reply To ..]
During the years 2006-2010, they were IC only, no employees or benefits. Maybe this has changed? When did you work there not pleased?
also, - Becky
[ In Reply To ..]
Just went to their website, and they offer employee status to Massachusetts residents only, all else is IC. I'm definitely not trying to pick a fight with "not pleased" or trying to dispute her experience, but I have just never known them to offer employee status and benefits and hourly rates. I worked for them for 4 years. If this is something new, that's wonderful.
Sten-Tel - notpleased
[ In Reply To ..]
Wait a minute, Becky. In one of your other posts, you stated they NEVER have anything BUT ICs, and now you find out they have them in the state of Mass. Soon, you are going to find out that they make exceptions to that rule. And, then, you are going to realize that bragging about having knowledge of something you do not, only makes you look like a fool. Again, why would I come here and lie? I didn't come here and say no-one should work for this company. I simply shared my experience.

Maybe you should take a class in critical thinking.
Sten-Tel - notpleased
[ In Reply To ..]
Becky,
I think you are ignoring other posts besides your own. When did I work there? Did you read my post and pay attention to it? It would answer your question. Do you work there? If so, call up Bonnie and get your truth if you have so many doubts. Why would I come here and make something so insignificant up? That's silly.
Not pleased... - Becky
[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, bitter much? I NEVER bragged about having knowledge I don't have. I simply said that to my knowledge they did not hire anything but ICs. Then you said that was not so. I then went to their website to see if things had changed and reported what their website says currently. I then made the comment that if what you are saying as your experience is new, then that is wonderful because NO your original post or subsequent ones DID NOT answer the question of when you worked there. When I worked there, from 2006-2010, they only had IC status for MTs in the Springfield, Ma. office. That is a fact sweetheart, and that's all I'm saying here. Not trying to brag about anything. Again, when did you get this offer from Sten-Tel? And also dear, nowhere in my posts did I say or elude to the fact that I thought you were lying. Go back and reread my posts.
Not pleased... - Becky
[ In Reply To ..]
My mistake. I see where you said this offer came last August. So, yes, what you're saying was your experience (which I never refuted)is something new at Sten-Tel. Again, I was only speaking about my experience having worked for them for 4 years, between 2006 and 2010 (early 2010)and stated what I did as TO MY KNOWLEDGE. I bet the program you were offered never got off the ground, as Sten-Tel is famous for that, leaving us hanging about whether we would get direct deposit before dropping the attempt to offer it. I think you took my response WAY too personally.
Sten-Tel - notpleased
[ In Reply To ..]
That could very well be, that this type of program never did get established. My experience happened in Aug 2010. Perhaps I am a little bitter and very disappointed, but remember, if you will, I haven't been able to secure a job.

I'm not going to argue with you. I just didn't know why you were so insistant on proving me wrong. One piece of information for your file:

When you call me "dear" and "sweetheart," these are terms that male chauvinists say in the workforce. I really believe this is part of the reason the MT industry is treated so poorly, it is primarily female.

Thanks for the banter, though, I guess we both learned something. Oh, I probably didn't make it clear, but I didn't work for Sten-Tel. They did look like a decent company.
Not pleased - Becky
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know you, but I honestly wish you the best in securing an MT job if that is what you still want. My heart goes out to anyone who is qualified to work and wants to but can't land a position. Best of luck to you.
Nice ending - pleased
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you. That is very kind, and I appreciate it.

Similar Messages:

StenTel?
Mar 08, 2011

Anything, pro or con, about StenTel?  How does it compare to MQ? ...

Does Anyone Know Anything About StenTel?
Aug 08, 2011

Submitted my resume and got an Email from them today.  Waiting for them to call. ...

Does Anyone Know Anything About Stentel In MA.?
Aug 29, 2013

Does anyone know anything about Stentel in MA.? Good, bad, do they pay on time? Thanks for any help. ...

Experiences With DIT Transcription ?
May 28, 2010

Hi, I am new to this internet typing transcription at home too and am finding it daunting and complicated.  Can anyone tell me about their experiences with DIT transcription ?  I was supposed to start on June 14, 2010 with them but now I do not know if they do not pay and are not realiable to work for?  They were willing to hire me?  What kind of dictation is it? Is it foreign dictators, I too wanted to get a phrase expander but at 5 cents a line, have to type 2000 lines to make 50 bucks, is ...

Terrible Experiences....
Jul 27, 2010

I have had horrible experiences with 2 companies in the past few months that I thought were different and would turn out much better than most medical transcription companies out there. Well, the first one let me go because of lack of work.  They had outdated equipment and are actually holding my last check claiming that I did not mail the equipment, and I did.  The last check doesn't amount to much and probably isn't worth the time or trouble to try to get it as I am curren ...

What Are Your Experiences With FutureNet?
Feb 02, 2011

So, other than your paycheck being a few days late last week, what are your experiences with FutureNet?  Good, bad?  How is the pay?  They're advertising for a job and I'm thinking of applying.  Thanks for the help! ...

Experiences With Transcriptiondrs
Oct 28, 2011

Any experiences one is willing to share.  Good, bad, ugly.  Is their pay too low for IC?  8/3??  thanks ...

Experiences With Amphion?
Oct 11, 2012

What can anyone tell me about their experiences with Amphion?  I have passed the test and have an interview set up for Monday.  Thanks in advance ...

DTS In Oklahoma Experiences?
Sep 03, 2014

Anybody have any experiences with this company they can share?  Pay, benefits, schedule, errors value, etc.? Thanks in advance! ...

New Stentel MT/ME Employee ???
Apr 26, 2012

Hey folks! This is an amazing forum. Even for the SPOUSE of a MT!! You guys have answered many questions I/we have had over her time with CSteps and now as a new hire.  Here is a fairly nebulous question. I am curious and wondering if someone out there would have some insight. Can anyone tell me what my wifes first month's pay will look like? She started at Stentel April 1. They only pay once a month. She gets .03 per line. We are just wondering how much her first check will be... An ...

StenTel - Anyone Working For Them
Aug 30, 2012

I work for them and find the pay to stink and my QA and manager to be brash and hard nosed.  I am a great MT, but the account I am on has crazy account specs.  I am sick of getting paid crap and then all these account specs on top of it.  Anyone else feel this way? ...

Stentel Transcription
Apr 18, 2013

Has anyone heard of Stentel Transcription or had any experience with them?  ...

Stentel Ad--terrible Pay
May 09, 2013

5 to 5-1/2 per line for straight transcription/ 2-1/2 cents per line for VR.  Are they out of their ever-loving minds?  Anyone would be better off at a beginning clerical job that requires no skills at $10 per hour PLUS a couple of benefits, even if that just means you are an employee and have your taxes (i.e., social security, medicare) and other state/federally mandated business costs covered by the employer.  It just keeps getting ugiler.  And truly, are we supposed to ...

StenTel Of New Jersey
Dec 05, 2013

Does anyone have any info on a company called StenTel New Jersey with someone by the name of as the contact for applications?  I would appreciate any info at all.  Thank you! ...

StenTel Corporate
Apr 15, 2014

Has anyone ever worked for this company or no anything about them?  I have an interview. ...

Stentel - 3.5 CPL For Editing
Oct 28, 2014

A friend just got this offer from Stentel.....5 – 6 ½ cpl for typing and 2 – 3 ½ cpl for editing....in case anyone is interested. ...

StenTel Or Softscript
Mar 02, 2015

Any suggestions? ...

Does Anyone Work For Stentel
Jun 10, 2015

Does anyone work for Stentel.  Just wondering if it is a good place to work for. ...

Any Recent Oracle/OTI Experiences?
Mar 02, 2010

Does anyone have any recent experience with Oracle?  Hate to ask such a loaded ?, as there is always good/bad experiences.  Do they really just let you get on and work anytime you feel like it as an IC as long as you meet line requirements?  Sounds great schedule wise.  How is there system?  Is it all through the Internet or do you need a phone line for some sort of C-phone?  Do they provide the word expander or short hand program?  Work load...is there always ...

ProScript - Good Experiences With Them
Mar 12, 2010

Gosh, I wonder how you all have time to write so many posts?  I have worked for ProScript since January 2009 and have had nothing but good experiences with them.  The pay plan is comparable to other companies. Perhaps those complaining have not worked anywhere new in the last year or two.  The transcription industry has changed, folks… Heck, the healthcare industry in general has changed.  I think a company who will allow an existing MT 6 months to a year to be transitioned to VR at  ...

Info On Experiences With Synernet?
Feb 15, 2011

Hi! Can anyone give me infor on their experiences with Synernet?  I would appreciate any information I can get on this company.   Thanks,     ...

Andrews School Experiences
Aug 10, 2011

I am wondering if there are any current Andrews grads/students who would be willing to discuss their experiences in and out of the program. I have already spoken with Linda at length, and am now looking for an "in the trenches" perspective. Thanks! ...

Proscript - Recent Experiences?
Oct 25, 2012

Looking for input on recent experiences with this company. Good line counts, platforms, QA, etc. Any info would be helpful. TIA ...

Experiences Posting Resumes Here?
Feb 04, 2013

I'm job hunting.  I have 13 years of experience with acute care.  Has anyone had good results posting their resume here?  I don't really want to waste my time with companies that pay .05 cpl and hire anybody with fingers. ...

Anyone With Info On CCR/StenTel Out Of Massachusetts?
Mar 11, 2013

. ...

Stentel Pays Pretty Low
Nov 02, 2014

I understand that Stentel pays pretty low, but I am wondering if they are negotiable or if their platform etc still allows you to make more money that a company that pays a little more. How is their incentive plan if they have one? I do see that the actual cpl isn't always the bottom line. Any info appreciated. ...

Stentel An Awful Company!!!
May 01, 2015

I just need to vent.  I have worked for this company for 7 years and can't believe how terrible they treat their ICs.  I thought they were a decent place to work but they have now shown otherwise.  I have worked under 3 other account managers and never had any problems.  Then, I get moved to my current manager and instead of getting paid more, I go from 0.07 cpl to 0.06 cpl, and this manager cannot be satisfied.  Oh, it doesn't matter if I do good quality work, ...

Any Current Info On StenTel?
May 27, 2015

Anyone currently work for StenTel in Springfield, Massachusetts? Have searched archives for recent info, but not much found except their pay is low, but isn't that true of every MTSO these days? Seems they are hiring for Oncology and ID, so would love to hear from anyone who currently works there or has recently. Thanks so much! ...

Anyone With Positive Experiences With Superior Global...
Jan 20, 2011

I've read the many, many negatives from dated posts. Anything new? Anything positive.   TIA ...

Diskriter Or TransTech - Opinions Or Experiences?
Jul 12, 2011

Have offers from both but have read pros and cons about each MTSO on these boards.  Has anyone worked for both and can compare the two, or does anyone have current experience at either?  I read the posts regarding the lack of work at TT and can't help but wonder if that's across the board or just a few accounts. Any advice, suggestions, experiences, etc., appreciated. ...