A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is it true that employees at Amphion had to work mandatory OT all summer long? - curious

Posted: Jan 29, 2011

Wow.  That stinks.  I like to enjoy my summers.  I was thinking about applying to them, but I don't know now.  I've heard about the same amount of negatives that I've heard positives about this company...  Any other opinions out there?   

Mandatory OT - x-Amphion

[ In Reply To ..]
It's only on certain accounts and it's only an hour a day.

And, of course, you got paid OT for that, right? - Or are you CPL? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

cpl plus half - x-Amphion

[ In Reply To ..]
That's the other thing. Trying to figure out your paycheck was like a master's level calculus course.

My figures never agreed with theirs and theirs always had a "well, this is how we do it" attached to it.
oh and - x-Amphion
[ In Reply To ..]
you weren't entitled to that OT pay until you reached over 40 hours. So you had to pay attention to when the last pay period ended because you might think well, I've worked Monday-Friday and I've worked 48 hours and then find out Monday was last day of the prior pay period so you really only worked 40 hours :)
My platform I can see all jobs and see how I am paid, which - is not always good. ALL platforms SM
[ In Reply To ..]
are skewed in favor of the MTSO, at least all I have worked on. Just have to decide which one screws you less.
Disliked Amphion - X-Amphion too
[ In Reply To ..]
Did not like them at all. I left about 3 years ago. Was on a very, very difficult account where the account specs were like a small novel, and they were constantly changing. At the time, this account had mandatory OT very frequently, sometimes for several months at a time, and if you had already volunteered to help out a fellow employee covering an hour here and there (they had a system where you could do this if you wanted to take time off but the schedule on a particular day could not allow any more MTs to be off), they would expect you to complete your 8 yours, the extra hour you volunteered for and then the extra hour of mandatory OT. Can you say carpal tunnel? AND there were no exceptions ... it was pretty much demanded of you. On top of that, they had the pickiest, most derogatory QA department I have encountered in 20 years in this business with monthly QA reviews that could result in lost wages and if you were subpar that month, you went through a week of them combing over every single report you do (which is very stressful). After 1-1/2 years of this with the last 3 months of my time there in mandatory daily OT and them still expecting absolutely perfect quality ... I threw in the towel. Worst place I have ever worked. After being gone for several years now, I still feel relieved to have left them.
IMO, MTs should ask to see how their pay is calculated. - All they would need to do is show YOU SM
[ In Reply To ..]
document they figure your pay on. My platform, that document has all the document broke down and all the numbers. That document is available to them somewhere, they arent just guessing. Why shouldnt you see concretely how your pay is figured. Btw, you will be SHOCKED if you ever get this info.
How many men do you know who "kinda have an idea" - how they are paid. I think MTSO SM
[ In Reply To ..]
counts on the fact that women usually dont feel comfortable talking about money. Just like most women, if cheated out of pay, will just forget about it and not pursue it.
You will notice my Nickname - X-Amphion
[ In Reply To ..]
Because I want to know to the quarter of a cent how my pay is figured and VERIFIED. At Amphion, I'd be told well this is how we figured A and this is how we figured B (and they of course were not the same figuring). Didn't take long for me to say this isn't my place to donate my time.

Similar Messages:

Amphion Employees Question
Oct 02, 2010

Is it possible to make 15 or 16 dollars an hour at Amphion doing straight speech editing, if you're fast? ...

Question For Amphion Employees
Aug 14, 2014

Do you find it difficult to make the line count for full time?  I am currently PT and thinking I want to go FT, but I really don't think I could not make the line requirement.  I have been working at Amphion for a while now, and I am torn between the pros and cons and is it worth the risk to try working for a different company. The good thing is there is plenty of work, and the people I communicate with are very nice.  But I have about 6 accounts, and I just can't ...

Amphion How Long Does It Take
Sep 27, 2011

Does anyone know about how long before someone from Amphion contacts them after they have taken all the required tests?  Thank you, ...

Any Amphion Employees Out There That Can Recommend Or Discourage Working There?
Mar 19, 2012

I have been offered a position but have other offers elsewhere too.  They seem the nicest and least flaky of my offers so far.  I am scared though.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.   TIA :)  ...

PTO Accrual Is At Amphion For Full Time Employees?
Apr 11, 2012

Does anyone know what the PTO accrual is at Amphion for full time employees? Thanks. ...

Any Former Diskriter Employees Know How Long It Takes To Receive Sm
Jan 06, 2012

your PTO pay after termination?  I am hoping this is not something I have to "fight" to get, but I have not received it so far and am getting a bit apprehensive. TIA. ...

Okay It's Mid Summer
Jul 17, 2012

they said early summer but I think we can safely say it's mid summer now.  Where's the compensation plan? ...

Summer Break
May 28, 2010

How do other mothers deal with summer break when their kids are out of school as far as working for a company?  Do some companies let you have summers off and then return in the fall?  Do some MTs change their schedules around possibly doing work at night, etc?  Any companies better about this than others? ...

Whew! By The End Of This Summer I Will Be Done With MT!!!
Jun 19, 2010

I just accepted a job as an office manager in the medical field.  It took a lot of work to find a good job that did not feel like a step down, but I did it.  There is hope out there folks.  There are people that value the skills and expertise that a medical transcriptionist can bring to a company!  If you are fed up with this field, press on!  There are options out there for us.   ...

$11/hour For HS Students In Summer Jobs
Oct 14, 2011

Are we worth more than a high school student in a temporary summer job because $11/hour is what they get paid in at least one of the cities here.  Pretty sad, isn't it? ...

Life's Ups And Downs And My Summer Night With Jon Bon Jovi!
Aug 03, 2010

Hello girls. If you all remember my WONDERFUL husband got me tickets for us to see Bon Jovi at Solider Field for Christmas. I FINALLY go to use them Friday night. Woweeee! Just some background on what is going in with my family.... My husband is an electrician who got laid off in January....still not back to work. Making COBRA payments to keep insurance....sheesh. 12-year-old daughter needs braces....$5000 with $500 downpayment due initially. My father-in-law was diagnosed with Stage 4 ...

Is There Anyone Out There Who Signed Up For Supplemental Insurance Through Colonial Last Summer
Jan 03, 2013

I called them today and I am still insured with them.  So, unless this is an error on the person I talked to, my next paycheck will have deductions for that insurance in addition to the deductions for the new 2013 Nuance insurances which are through other vendors. Does anyone know about this?  Our policies with Colonial should have been cancelled by Nuance. ...

Is It Common To Have A Limited Amount Of Work During The Summer Season?
Aug 05, 2012

I'm curious if this is throughout a lot of MT companies where the summer seasons are the slowest in terms of receiving work. I used to have an abundunt amount of doctors to transcribe for across multiple accounts, but now all of a sudden that has changed, and I am almost always out of work and I no longer transcribe for what I'm estimating as half to 3/4 of the list of docs. Is this something normal? Do doctors get together and take a 3-month hiatus at once, or something...? I'm p ...

Well, I Did It. I Enrolled For Summer Semester. I Am Entering The Rad Tech Program At My Local Col
Apr 13, 2010

After years of thinking about going back to school and then talking myself out of it because I didn't want to face college again at age 40, I decided I need more job security, better pay and growth potential.  So I filled out the financial aid forms, enrolled in a couple of classes for the summer, and here I go.  I'm a little nervous actually.  Been a loooooonnng while since I sat in a classroom, took notes, and took exams.  My retention isn't wh ...

Suggested Summer Reading For MTs - - Regarding 'how The World Turns Today/globalization And How
Jun 19, 2010

I left my employer of TEN YEARS, the subject of this particular forum, on April 27 after months of dealing with being in what felt like "a constant state of shock" -- while I watched my income plummet, my work pool grow from 2 basic primary hospitals and one seconday to about 25 different hospitals and clinics; it was to the point where I never felt like I knew what I was doing.  I was always working in a "different state/city/local region" where all the adjunctive medical facilit ...

OMG How Funny - Read Glassdoor Opinion Of Employees, US Versus Indian Employees!
Aug 05, 2013

I was just curious about what employees thought of Nuance on Glassdoor.  You read several US employee opinions and they reflect the morale listed on MTStars.  Scroll further down and read the opinions of the transcriptionists from India.  What a difference.  They are highly satisfied with their jobs and most have been working with Nuance for 6 to 7 years.  The US transcriptionists are very sad!!  What a difference..... ...

Can This Be True?
Nov 11, 2010

I think full-time MT/ME's with benefits are required to do 150 lines per hour or 1200 for an 8-hour shift, right?  Full-time without benefits and part-time need 100 lines per hour. If the poster below is correct about newbies getting 4-cents per line ASR (no mention of how much for transcription), that means full-time with benefits will get $6 per hour = $48 per day = $240 per week = $12,480 per year, NOT including fed and state taxes, Medi ...

Is This True PTO
Mar 31, 2012

Ok I've been here like 3 months. Got my new manager's rules like 2 days ago. It said if you are scheduled to work holiday, you will (well obviously) but it also said you can request it off and will NOT be told yes or no until 3 days prior to the day. Three days? I mean I wasn't planning on taking major holidays off for a year since I'm new, but I can't plan my life around 3 days notice for Christmas and Easter. Second during a meeting she told people that all the ...

It's All True...
Jan 18, 2013

Everything that's been posted on here about the Softscript recruiter is absolutely true.  I accepted a job with them, then thought it over because of the lack of PTO, and wrote in to tell the person handling my paperwork that I had reconsidered due to the lack of PTO.  My email was forwarded back to the recruiter and she sent me a snarky email that said basically, you get 3.5 days the first year and 5 the second, and said, "please explain."  I told her that I had reconsidered ...

Is This Really True Then?
Apr 04, 2013

http://forum.mtstars.com/468952.html ...

Is It True
Sep 24, 2013

you don't have to be laid off or run out of work to file a TAA for school??   thanks! ...

I Wonder Why, If All Of The Posts Below Are True,
Nov 14, 2009

that MQ sent out that stupid letter stating not to worry, we will still need MTs, and that off-shoring will remain one of many solutions (including VR).  I really have no idea whether we will still be here after the first of the year or not (although that's what a lot of people on this board thought LAST year and it didn't happen....but WHY would they waste their precious money sending that letter to everyone if they planned on nixing us all soon?  Doesn't make sense.&nb ...

My Wish May Come True! Now I'm In A Pickle.
Mar 02, 2011

TWO job offers today. One is for my old hospital. I never thought it would happen again. I tried for 3 years to get my old hospital job back but never heard a peep. Thanks to still networking with my old cohorts, I got a call today. I might be a FT EMPLOYEE this time, not I.C. I had the choice of I.C., PT, or FT. I chose FT because of the insurance, but left it up to the HIM director "whatever she needed".   HaHa! Was so excited, I forgot to ask the pay rate. I hope I sounded cool as a cuc ...

Is AutoCorrect A True
Oct 25, 2012

The MTSO I will be starting with requires Word AutoCorrect as an abbreviation expander as we cannot download anything on their computer. I have never used AutoCorrect and do not know how to access it nor do I know what the keyboard shortcut keys to use. Is there any info anywhere on how to effectively utilize AutoCorrect as a word expander? I have Word 2010 ...

Are There Any True IC Positions?
Jul 22, 2013

I am looking for a true IC position where I can work when I am available due to being handicapped. I sometimes have some very bad days and can't get out of bed as a result of it and I keep losing jobs. I am also wondering if there are any companies that pay MTs what they're worth on VR. I feel like we do twice the work for less pay. It's a lot harder if you ask me, especially if you have an account full of doc's who suck at dictation and sound more like auctioneers than a do ...

OK ... What? Is What I Just Heard, True?
Mar 08, 2014

That if a company files bankruptcy, it could also protect them from paying unemployment benefits to employees?  If that's true, what's to stop them from letting most of us go without punity? You've GOT to be kidding ... this has GOT to be someone's idea of a sick joke ... ...

It It Really Verifiably True
May 20, 2014

the most difficult dictators, while the less difficult work is being offshored? Honestly, I'm not sure I'll make it through the night with my job intact. Nothing for my primary account, and just unfamiliar really difficult dictators for my secondary and third accounts, just one after another. ...

Unbelievable But True
Feb 02, 2015

So Mmodal decided to eliminate my position and I was without work for quite some time.  I took my 401K distribution to survive on.  Just figured out my taxes and low and behold I owe what my 401 K distribution was.  This country needs to get with it.  My family would not have survived without that 401K distribution to live on, yet the government feels that I am overpaid or something.  So sad.  I am so disgusted.  I put my heart in my job, lost it, and did what ...

If It's True That They Are Letting People Go Who
Jun 05, 2010

make the most per line - then isn't it ironic that they were offering pay increases to those who went through the (expensive) certification process?  That was a great way for ADHI to make $$ and then they would cut any MT who was making more! Catch-22! ...

The Ad Is True. The Response Is A Parody.
Aug 13, 2010

Anyone see the ad on this and another job board about needing an MT who speaks FRENCH? What the heck has our industry come to that MTSOs will suck up to any foreigner and do ANYTHING whether it's right or not just to make a fast buck. The medical record is supposed to be on the chart in English in this country for legal reasons.  I hope if anyone here speaks French they DON'T apply.  Let's keep to American values!  <<Parody over.>> Actually, I am d ...