A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone happy at Trascend? - MTneedtoknow

Posted: May 03, 2010

I was contacted by a recruiter from Transcend requeting an interview setup.  I really am torn because I read so much on this board about Transcend.  I applied almost 6 months ago for a Beyondtxt account and now I hear back from them through email.  It makes me wonder if people are leaving in high numbers and they are calling out the backup.  Before I call the recruiter back, I would like to hear from anybody or somebody who is happy at Transcend and can some of you make a living on the infamous Beyondtxt platform.  I really need a job at this time.  Thanks everyone for any input or criticism.

I'm happy, and I'm making a living. - CrankyBeach

[ In Reply To ..]
Of course, I am also frequently accused of being a liar, a plant, and a suit. :) (I am currently none of those things. I've been a suit, and it's overrated, believe me. The money was nice, but it cost me too much.)

I've also been in this racket for nearly 38 years, so I am pretty darn FAST, and the state of the industry being what it is, one HAS to be fast to be able to make a living when one is working on production.

Granted, it's not a GREAT living, but I'm getting by. I also keep reminding myself of the trade-offs, i.e. I have no commute, no work wardrobe to maintain, nobody breathing down my neck, and NO OFFICE POLITICS! The sheer lack of having to deal with idiots every single day is worth at least a few dollars per hour... plus, factoring in the lack of wear-and-tear on the car, and the ability to go for more than a month without having to go to the gas station....

Please feel free to e-mail me at crankybeach at yahoo dot com if there are any specific questions I might be able to answer for you. They might even be trying to recruit you for my team, because we are short-handed at the moment (a new account that is not yet fully staffed; nobody has left recently that I know of).

I work on beyondtxt and I took more than a 50% cut in pay - Not happy

[ In Reply To ..]
on that program because it is so terrible. No one cares that the editor repeats the same mistakes over and over, that all you do is change punctuation a million times in every sentence, that it does not even make sense and I have had several reports where nothing was even close. It cannot type a year correctly, for example, 2008 comes out as 2000 eight or 2000 8, medication abbreviations always have a period after mg and you have to remove it, it adds a lot of words but skips paragraphs, words or sentences for no reason. It hardly ever types and, the, a, an, or and you have to stop and add those in. It substitutes a comma for each of them. Every single doctor name comes out as a generic name that was made up by the editor. Same for names of hospitals or towns in the region.

Remember, this is the newest and greatest thing so never make a complaint because you are always skating on thin ice at Transcend. They have no problems letting you know that you mean nothing to them and they do not care if you stay or go. They are the worst company I have ever seen. They used to be great but that all changed and now their idea of greatness is to "manage everyone out" which means get rid of everyone that is making money.

Sooo True - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
My first and only experience with VR was with BeyondTXT so I had nothing to compare it with, therefore, I thought the problems you mentioned were the norm for any VR program. Don't forget all the emails from the editing proficiency person stating the editing process is what you make it - some MTS can up to 400 lines an hour!!! I never did and yes my pay was cut 50% when using their VR program. Glad you posted about their VR program - which Transcend endlessly brags about how good it is. It is obvious the people who created this are not MTs trying to make a living. I did like the typing platform and B-mode of typing in BeyondTXT, but that doesn't say much for the program, as these platforms are straight typing - lol.

Happy at Transcend - MDI/transcend

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with what one person said about it all depends on which accounts you get, and I think it also depends upon your supervisor and how understanding she is. Right now, my supervisor is very condescending, snippy and treats the MTs like they are children and talks down to them, and she finds fault 80% of the time with what you do. I might say that if you come on board don't complain about anything. I disagree that there is no breathing down your neck, because there are still supervisors that do this. It is truly up to you as to what you do, but this experience has been an exhausting process for me since the merger, and I have poured my heart and soul into this company, bent over backwards to extend myself in whatever what I can. Just be sure and think this over very, very carefully. You can master BeyondTXT, but it is not easy because of the many things you have to remember, and I think in general it is a much slower program than the one we used at MDI, and it makes a lot of mistakes. I wish you well though!!!

Run the other way - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
From reading some recent posts it is obvious people are quitting and moving on from Transcend. The newer employers from MDI who merged with Transcend are now seeing a different side as well. Speaking from my own experience - I would not recommend my worst enemy to this company. Your assumptions are probably accurate as to them calling out the backup. Why did they wait 6 months to contact you?? Run as fast as you can - they only tell you what you want to hear. Just my opinion with first hand experience.

Happy at Transcend? - tired, tired, tired

[ In Reply To ..]
There are people who are happy at Transcend and those who are not. Depends on what accounts you get, what platform to work on and what manager you are under. If you need the money give it a try and you might get lucky. Am I happy there? Not particularly, but I have worked for places that are a lot worse. Can I make a living off of what I earn from Transcend? Absolutely not, but I have other work to fall back on so I get by.

Happy and Transcend in the same sentence? - Never!

[ In Reply To ..]
I am starting a new job this week after working at Transcend for 2 years. (Though it seems much longer) My accounts were okay. My ROM was a monster. However, at least one person is happy there. So maybe you may not be happy but having an income is of some benefit. As far as making a living - not me. But if it is a choice of a job at Transcend and no job, I would take the job. It can be an interim job. There's nothing wrong with that because believe you me, they would kick an employee to the curb fast enough so loyalty on your part would be a lot more than they would ever give you. It is better than nothing and that is how I would rank working there.

Can't seem to get any momentum going with - BeyondTx. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Working on the same account that I had at MDI. I feel I am working twice as hard and my line counts are pitiful. I am so exhausted. I used to fly through the dictation, now I spend the majority of my time doing things I am not paid for.

which accounts? - longtimemls

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been contacted to work for transcend and keep reading these posts. Does anyone have advice on accounts, platforms, managers? What should I stay away from? I definitely do not want to get stuck with one of the "monster" ones. Any input is appreciated.

I've never worked in BeyondXT but - I love eScription

[ In Reply To ..]
I was just hired on an eScription account which I have worked on before, which is one of the main reasons I chose Transcend.

You want to avoid Everything Bad. She is the worst of the worst. - one who knows

[ In Reply To ..]
Complaining doesn't help, she is the COO's buddy.

Anyone happy at Transcend? - karen

[ In Reply To ..]
Advice: If u get a certain recruiter from Missouri, record the conversation. U will get a pile of promises that evaporate after you've done the pile of paperwork. I worked for them many years and advise you to run screaming from them. The ASR is awful, a couple of their ROMs are monsters, and they simply do not care about their transcriptionists. They have gone the MQ route, getting way too big, too top heavy, and the muckety-mucks too enamored of $$$$ to reward the grunts (that would be us).

Very Happy and busy! - Transcend/former MDI

[ In Reply To ..]
My accounts are very busy and I have the best Team Leader there is. She is on both of my accounts and she is WONDERFUL.

Similar Messages:

Anyone From Trascend Get Their W-2 Yet? Nm
Jan 28, 2010

x ...

Trascend NJA Anyone
Jun 01, 2010

Just a question here.  I am new to Trascend but an old radiology MT.  I am not even having 30 reports a day on average, then asked for a secondary account but to no avail.  Is this typical or just a summer slow spell? ...

Trascend
Jun 02, 2010

There are many changes going on with Transcend.  I have to agree with  the OP.  I've been with Transcend over 6 years.  My account was recently changed to a new region, and I am so disaapointed.  I cannot beleive the cherry picking going on wiith my account now.  I was one of the initial MTs on this account to train the VR system and worked really hard to make it happen.  Now. all my hard work is being cherry-picked.  It disgusts me to ...

Account At Trascend Moving To BeyondTXT
Jul 02, 2010

So we were informed our account is going to BeyondTXT.  They said this is a great platform and we will be able to more than make up for the 50% paycut we will be taking.  I just don't buy it though.  Does anybody have anything good to say about BeyondTXT to put by fears at ease? ...

Happy Transcriptions Is Still Happy
Aug 19, 2013

Who in their right mind names a company "Happy Transcriptions?" In this day and age, all I see is "sad" MTs and, in my opinion, if "Happy Transcriptions" is still happy, they can only be messing even more with us poor "sad" MTs. All I can say is I am so "happy" I am so close to being on my way out of MT! ...

HAPPY TRANSCRIPTIONS - Not Happy
Nov 10, 2013

Am I the only one who feels that life is not happy at Happy Transcription?  I love the work, but the owner is totally unprofessional and needs to revamp the organization. ...

THERE ARE NO HAPPY MQ MTS OUT THERE?????? NONE????
Dec 08, 2009

nm ...

Happy At TTS
May 03, 2010

I've been at TTS for almost 3 years and I have nothing but positive things to say about TTS.  I never have to guess what TTS expects from me, and I do my best to deliver that on a consistent basis.  Communication flows freely and efficiently.  My team leader and 2 shift leads are EXCELLENT managers in my opinion.  Everything I invest in my job comes back to me and then some.  I can recommend TTS to anybody unapologetically. ...

Happy 10-10-10, Everybody. :)
Oct 10, 2010

x ...

Is Anyone Happy Being An MT
Oct 30, 2010

I am surprised at just how many or your are miserable with what you do.  I am a new MT ans I am also having trouble finding work.  It's not easy.  I can see that having editing to fall back on would be good.  I have read the posts about don't do this just to work from home.  I have small children and my only choice would be daycare if I went to work somewhere, which would eat up half my pay check.  Sometimes it's not just money, sometimes it's fo ...

Is Anyone Actually Happy With VR?
Jul 08, 2011

I've read tons and tons of negative complaints about VR, but are there people out there who actually like it? I'm starting training on a new job this weekend and 90% of it is VR, but all clinic notes, no ops or discharge summaries. It seems like it might easy and a nice change from straight typing for me. Any thoughts? ...

BE HAPPY
Jul 30, 2011

To all of you complainers, and I was one of them.  Be happy you have a job and can work at home.  I was actually bringing myself down with all the complaining.  Hey, things are not what they used to be and complaining just makes it worse.  HAVE A GREAT DAY. ...

Any Happy MTs Out There???
Nov 28, 2011

Hi, everyone.   I was just wondering if there are any MTs out there that are happy with their jobs and are able to make some good money in this profession.  I have read lots and lots of posts, and it seems like a huge percentage of the posts are about how bad people's jobs are and how little money they are making.  I understand people need to vent, but there have to be some MTs that are happy and making money.  I recently graduated from one of the top MT schools and ...

MME: Are There Any Happy MME's Out There?? Considering MME
Jan 06, 2012

nm. ...

TTD, Anyone Happy There?
May 18, 2012

Anyone feel comfortable working there? Getting paid on time and correct amount? It would really help me right now to know this company is legit.  Thanks much. ...

Are There Happy MTs Out There?
May 31, 2012

If so.......who are you working for and is it straight transcription or VR? Employee or IC? Thanks! ...

Happy?
Jun 15, 2012

I am a seasoned (25+ years) transcriptionist who has recently found this site and like it thus far.  I have been looking for supplemental income.  However, there seems to be a lot of negativity regarding at-home transcription jobs.  Is anyone happy at home and with their employer?  If so, what companies are good companies?  I recently tested for M-Modal, but am a little apprehensive after seeing some of these comments.   ...

Is Anyone Happy And Doing Well Here
Jul 01, 2012

I start with MM in a couple of weeks and I just wonder if ANYONE is happy and doing well here.  After reading this forum, I'm a little scared about the choice I made. ...

Anyone Happy
Oct 02, 2012

Been with same company for several years; locked into a corner with DS all day and bored, so not making any $ cause taking breaks constantly.  Reading posts on here.  Are there any RECOMMENDED acute care companies out there?  Seems like they all have a bad rep with the MTs. Anyone happy? ...

Happy With Job
Nov 06, 2012

I understand how frustrated many people are with the way things are going with MT jobs.  I am not posting this to make anyone feel worse, but to let people know that there are some good jobs in MT.  I work for a private local medical office. I had been worried, too, as our office offered voice recognition to docs and some use it.  A lot got frustrated, mostly the ones who want their notes to be correct, and went back to using our services.  I had even been looking at online M ...

Is Anyone Happy Where They Are?
Jan 28, 2013

Just wondering... can anyone recommend a company where they are happy?  Or is the general consensus to find another career?  Thank you for your help/replies. ...

Anyone Happy At TTS?
Feb 17, 2013

I was wondering if anyone is happy with TTS. I have read the archives, as well as some other posts and it doesn't look good.  I am starting with them soon and was hoping I didn't dig myself a grave.  Thanks. ...

If You Are A Happy MT...
May 31, 2013

Could you just give us a brief line or two related to your happiness...why you are still happy in MT despite industry changes...Thanks...in advance! ...

Are You A Happy MT?
Jun 05, 2013

I was laid off as an MT a couple of months ago.  I have been looking for part time jobs elsewhere as not sure I want to pursue MT work again as the pay is poor, the work is not there a lot of the time, and I think I need a change of scenery!  I was wondering if there is anyone on this forum that is happy with the MT company they work for and would be willing to share who they work for as I do not have a clue who to try and test with if I decide to go that route again.  I have some ...

Happy MTs/QCs...I'm Looking For A Job
Jun 28, 2013

Looking for some MTs/QCs that are happy where they work. I would like to change companies, but do not want to spend countless hours testing, as you all know, just to end up finding out something bad in the interview process or worse, after I've already accepted a position with somebody. If anybody is happy with their company and would recommend it, please respond. I am happy being an IC or employee. ...

Happy...
Oct 04, 2013

Just wanting to hear some happy stories.  When I was first acquired by Nuance from my previous employer, I wasn't happy but I have to say that over the past 2 years it has turned out to be pleasant.  At first, I was very resistant and got all upset over Fiesa and marks being made.  I had to realize it wasn't personal and I also had to realize that the mistakes were mine.  Anyway, just wanted to read some positive stories on here.  Every time I visit the Nuance ...

Anybody Happy?
Oct 20, 2013

I am wondering if there is a single person on this forum who is an MT who is happy with their job (including the miniscule pay that would be appropriate compensation if it were around 1975 rather than 2013 or lived in another country in which one can buy a lot more with 50 cents). I think the job in terms of its duties is fine. It's just the pay that I begrudge. You can "earn" just as much being on disability SSI, which I was on before getting in this. But I'd still rather be finan ...

Looking For Happy MTs!
Nov 17, 2013

Some of these forums are filled with folks who are frighteningly unfulfilled. I realize that human nature, being what it is, will complain if given half a chance. However, I am a recent graduate of Everett CC and am starting a new job on Monday. I would like to hear from anyone who is happy and productive in their MT career and not looking for a new one. I did MT before receiving formal instruction and enjoyed it immensely, despite my maddening 10:1 slowness and ignorance of even the most mundan ...

Still Happy...
Dec 06, 2013

Sunday it will be 2 months I have been at my new position since leaving MM. I no longer need to take Prilosec daily and my dr. has decreased my BP med. Furthermore, I was asked after a month if I would like to do full time editing at 6 cpl AND I get paid for every single line I edit....not less than half that MM pays their MMEs. So far, every pay check has been on time and accurate. Two months out and I am making more than I ever made at MM and I expect it to increase as my skills get even b ...

Happy MTs?
Jan 07, 2014

I see a lot of MTs on this board who are not very happy about their current situation/job. Are there any MTs that are happy with their job? I have been with the same company for over 6 years and have a steady paycheck, plenty of work, PTO time, and paid holidays. It is not what it used to be, but I can't complain. I recently have been switched to VR, but I have an easy account, and the pay is still good. ...