A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone employed by Terra Nova transcription out of Canada? - Lindy

Posted: Mar 07, 2013

Is anybody else on MT Stars employed by Terra Nova transcription out of Canada?  I have worked for  them for a little over a year and am wondering what others are thinking about the drastic changes taking place.  Maybe it is just my account, I don;t know, but am interested in what others may be seeing and thinking.  It just comes out of the blue with no discussion or information at all.

Buyouts - Coco

[ In Reply To ..]
I have experienced drastic changes at several companies I worked for which included the best team leaders jumping ship, MTs guitting in droves and the virtual work environment becoming very different and unpleasant. In both cases there was a buyout on the horizon by a larger company. That was my experience. I cannot say for sure what is happening with your company, but it sure sounds familiar. Best of luck to you.

Terra Nova Transcription - Lindy

[ In Reply To ..]

That is just my concern and I am overwhelmed and confused about this lovely little company, who really care about their employees, becoming a part of a big muckety, muck company and losing that edge where quantity is all that matters and quality gets pushed aside. 

Terra Nova - Coco

[ In Reply To ..]
I know what you mean. I was so bewildered the first time it happened to me. Please note though, I do NOT know what is happening with your company. It is just my opinion based on personal experience.

I know it is very upsetting to have these concerns and I really do wish you the best possible outcome. Take care.
Terra Nova Transcription - Lindy
[ In Reply To ..]

I have had it happen before too, more than once, so recognize the signs, but was just hoping I was wrong this time, just don't think we are.  Yell

I don;t know many on my account or MTs who even work at my company, so this posting has kind of helped build a network.

Transcription - jenny
[ In Reply To ..]
Hi,

I'm employ in divinemt which have in india. I gain experienced from divinemt in transcription services.

reply - jenny

[ In Reply To ..]
hmm no, I'm employing in divinemt.

Similar Messages:

Terra Nova Transcription Of Canada
Aug 17, 2012

Has anyone worked for, or heard of, Terra Nova Transcription in Canada and if so, can you tell me something about them.  Thank you. ...

Current Information On Terra Nova Out Of Canada
Jun 26, 2015

Wondering if anyone has more current information on Terra Nova out of Canada. I have been approached and asked to test. Looking to make a new but trying to be careful not to jump from the frying pan into the fire.  Details are appreciated. TIA!! ...

Terra Nova Transcription
Aug 22, 2012

Hi everyone:)  Over 500 people have looked at my message about Terra Nova, but no one has come forward to tell me anything about the company.  There has to be someone who has heard about it.  Thanks! ...

Info On Terra Nova Transcription From Anyone? 
Jan 18, 2010

Any info on Terra Nova Transcription from anyone?  I have went to their site, but there really isn't that much information as far as benefits et cetera go.  If there is anyone out there who has anything to say about this company, I would appreciate hearing from you.  Thank you! ...

Anyone Have Info On Terra Nova Transcription?
Aug 19, 2010

Just wondering if anyone has recent info on Terra Nova Transcription.  Really appreciate any info.  TIA ...

Terra Nova Transcription Is The Only Company
Aug 23, 2010

... I have ever worked for where TOP MANAGEMENT will get on and type.  They don't take work away from the MTs but they put their money where their mouth is instead of whining, begging and threatening people to work while they file their nails.  ...

Does Terra Nova Use Dictaphone?
Oct 08, 2014

Xx ...

Terra Nova - Anything About The Above Company?
Dec 17, 2014

Does anyone know anything about the above company? I can't seem to find any info. They want to see my resume. I was about to send it and my gut feeling told me to back off. ...

Line Rate For Terra Nova
Sep 15, 2010

Anyone know the line rate for Terra Nova and how it is working for them?  I hear they use Extext, and i'm already very familiar with that platform.  Any info is great! thanks in advance ...

Has Anyone Heard Of Terra Nova Company?
Oct 02, 2014

Got an email from them after posting my resume.... I have never heard of this company (I did Google, it seems to be a legit company). Can anyone tell me anything about this company before I respond? I am looking for PT employee status--have a feeling they want IC...not sure though. Thanks in Advance for any advice !! ...

Terra Nova, No Jobs Available On My Account Tonight
Nov 26, 2012

Hi:  I am hoping that a Terra Nova MT sees this note and can help me out.  I am on a very busy account, but tonight I have only gotten 1 job, and I hope someone answers this so I am not so upset.  This account has never, ever run out of work, and it makes me concerned.  Maybe it is just the season? Thanks:) ...

Changing To Canada Hospital From US Hospital Transcription
Jul 20, 2012

I have taken a new job to transcribe for a hospital in Canada.  What are the differences?  Can you post (or email me) links for websites that you use for references - looking up doctors, meds, etc.  Is the spelling different? ...

Sl/canada
Oct 15, 2009

Patient also had presence pseudomonas as well as sl/canada growing from left plural fluid after replacement of a chest tube. It really sounds like our northern neighbors but I know it just can not be right. It does not look right anyway. ...

Anyone Here Work For MedQuist Canada? Nm
Jul 25, 2011

nm ...

New Tax Changes For Self-Employed
Mar 17, 2010

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/03/16/tax.tips.selfemployed/index.html?hpt=Sbin ...

Stay Employed At TTS
Jun 15, 2011

So, from what I understand, to stay employed at TTS, you basically have to just work and agree with mgmt at all times?  Never question them on anything?  Is that the only thing they are concerned about??!!  No one has ever mentioned how they feel about production met or not, etc.  Not that meeting production would be a problem for me, but if they don't care about that, it makes me wonder what kind of company they are running if all they care about is being right and not being questioned ...

I Got Moved To Fluency Canada And Can't Figure Out How To Cap After Period
May 21, 2013

Can anyone tell me? There fluency help doesn't work.  Ugh.  ...

Self-employed Means No Unemployment. Please Help
Jan 29, 2010

I have been a self employed transcriptionist for 10 years, with great accounts that I have been lucky to have.  Today I have been told that my job may be in jeopardy. Now for months I Have sent off my resume to companies ... and NEVER hear back from them. now i have applied for outside the industry jobs... and of course nothing, and because fo the economy they only want top candidates for anything. The reality is this... If they say we aren't using you anymore, my income is gone in ...

Question For Employed Newbies
Jun 30, 2010

Hi everyone, I am just wondering about when you first started that first job. How long were you in 100% QA? How long does it take before they let you do what you do without watching every file you hand in? At what point do they trust a newbie to be on there own? I know that it is different for everyone, but I am just looking for a ballpark figure here. Thanks in advance. ...

What BPMH Standards For Under Medication Section On LHSC In Canada?
Jan 13, 2014

Anyone know what BPMH standards for under medication section on LHSC in Canada? S/L  "Please see the BPMH" under the medication section. ...

Self-employed Health Insurance Deduction
Mar 02, 2014

My husband's employer offers health insurance benefits to spouses but doesn't pay any part of it.  I  was wondering if any of you ICs in the same situation still claim the self-employment health insurance deduction?  There doesn't seem to be a set definition of subsidized for this purpose.  Some claim that the spouse still gets a negotiated reduced rate to pay and the premiums are pre-tax, so it is subsidized.  Unfortunately, it would still cost over ...

HAPPILY EMPLOYED AT NUANCE FOR 5 YEARS
Jul 16, 2014

For the record, I have been happily employed by Nuance for 5 years and I still love it.  I do both editing and straight transcription and I average $16.00 to $18.00 an hour easily and I maintain better than 99% accuracy.  They do pay for spaces (some companies don't, and that makes a big difference in total line count) and they pay ON TIME, EVERY TIME.  Their line rate is comparable or better than where I've worked in the past.  I have worked for companies before an ...

Terre Nova
Oct 20, 2009

I am sure that is has been asked many times before, but I can't find the archives so, does anyone have any comments on this company?  I appreciate your input.  Thanks, Cathy ...

S/l Terra Fossa
Feb 09, 2013

Help... in a report.. dont want to get slammed by QA.. s/l terra fossa and the MD is talking about the cranial sinus areas ...

Health Insurance For Self-employed Medical Transcriptionist
Feb 18, 2011

My husband is 6 years old than I am and retiring and starting Medicare in couple months.  I have always been on his insurance.  Anyone have any good leads to health insurance for us self-employed types.  Thanks. ...

Moving From EE Status To Self-employed; COBRA Or Individual
Feb 18, 2013

In my late 50's, health history mainly diabetic and overweight...in general, have those of you who have made a similar change found premiums of individual plans to be better or worse than offered through COBRA?  Thanks for any input. ...

If You Find Yourself Employed At Nuance Through No Fault Of Your Own, With No Other Choice
Mar 13, 2014

Claim bankruptcy right away because soon you won’t be able to afford debt, and then you won’t be able to afford to file bankruptcy either, and you could lose much more than your self-esteem. You will probably eventually lose that. Buy a cappuccino maker because you won’t be able to buy fancy coffee anymore. You will know exactly what is in it too.  Keep the basics stocked: rice, beans, taters, nuts, fruit, eggs, flour, sugar, etc, because your food budget will be ...

InfAny Info On Net Med Transcription, All-Write Transcription Or FutureNet Technologies?
Jun 11, 2010

I would appreciate any input anyone may have on these 3 companies. I have tried to find out about them through their local BBB, but only Net Med Transcription has anything on it. Thanks. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

Any Advice On Craft Transcription Or SOAP Transcription??
May 30, 2014

Hi!   Anyone heard of or work for Craft Transcription or SOAP Transcription??? I have a interview today with SOAP. Any information is appreciated. ...