A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Amphion - good or bad? I currently work at - anon

Posted: Aug 09, 2011

Nuance.  I got hired on by OSi, which was a good company, but Nuance took over, and it's becoming more and more of a nightmare every day.  I am getting so miserable.  The people that transferred over from OSi are great and great to work for that's what has been keeping me there, but Nuance is terrible, and they're buying out all of the good companies out there!  Is Amphion any better?  Any current or ex Amphioners out there?   Would greatly appreciate your feedback!  I don't know where to go or what to do at this point!  I was going to apply at WebMedX a short while back but Nuance bought them out, too! 

See message - xAmphion

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked briefly part-time at Amphion and what a great group of people to work for. Very friendly, very personal, great training, great communication. The ONLY reason I chose to pursue another option was there simply wasn't enough work to even get through my 4-hour shift. Hopefully things have picked up because if you have sufficient work to keep you going, IMO it was a great place to work.

Also, check to see if your account pays for spaces. As I recall, the account I was hired for did not.

Hope that helps.

Yes. This helps. Thanks. I'm really getting more and more miserable everyday at Nuance. I' - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Amphion s/m - destinyisntfree

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been working at Amphion for almost a year and I absolutely love it here. I am not sure which team xamphion was on that kept running out of work, but since i have been here, we have gotten several large accounts on my team and they are always asking for people to put in extra hours, especially on weekends. They do not often approve overtime, but there have been several times that that has happened

I can count the times i have run out of work on one hand, and when i was having some problems, some work related and some not, the company was very helpful and supportive.

I dont think any of the accounts pay spaces, but to be honest, with the platform i am on anyway, i dont notice that that makes too much of a difference because i am able to produce more with a user-friendly platform. i hope this will help you make a decision.

I also came to amphion from a nuance company. i was employed with focus last year and absolutely hated the toxic work environment.

Very good to hear - RadMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have an interview with them soon and after hearing such wonderful things about them, I'm even more excited! I was with ATSI the past year and that was a complete disaster ending with not being paid for the last 5 weeks I worked for them. I'm sincerely hoping I can find a home with them.
I feel for you. sm - destinyisntfree
[ In Reply To ..]
ATSI was the first online company I worked for five years ago. There were payment issues then, with me being told my check had been mailed a week or more before it was actually postmarked, the numbers not being correct, et cetera. i was always told it was a glitch and the payroll guy always had some excuse. In the time i have been with Amphion, there was a payroll issue once having to do with overtime pay, and they corrected the issue by the next payday and paid out the money that was owed. i really love it here, and hope that anyone else that comes aboard will feel the same way.
Rad MT... radiology is hit or miss with Amphion - poor MT
[ In Reply To ..]
It sounded sooo good from the recruiter.. not one thing actually came true. They don't pay for spaces but then every account was editing and Triton (their platform) is not user-friendly. I wanted to type, not edit and thought I was hired to type. It was a new radiology account and 2nd shift. Work ran out at by 6 pm. Then they lost a big account that I did have work on. I complained and got more accounts but they only produced a few reports. I changed my hours, did everything and got nothing. I never made more than minimum wage. Yes, I had around 7 accounts but not one of them was busy enough for me to make any money.
I have heard good things about the other teams tho, just not radiology. I hope you have a much better experience and please do tell us how it goes!

Great. Thanks for the info. - sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
They sound great. What is their required line count, and are they all voice recognition? Are they understanding about line counts? I struggle with my line count. Thanks for your help!
line requirements - destinyisntfree
[ In Reply To ..]
The line requirements may vary a little from team to team, and depend some on the schedule and type of account, from what i understand, but it is not so far fetched. There is a LOT of voice recognition, I am not going to lie.

The only time anyone ever complained about my line count is if it fell below minimum wage. The one time i had that happen, it was due to some personal situations on my end that interfered with my ability to be able to work productively, and they did everything they could to help me get my counts up, including offering me a mentor and many other helpful tips. they really do want their MTs to do well, and will help make that happen any way they can.
Wow. Great. - sm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for all of the info! Are they flexible with schedule? (If you don't mind my asking another question). Thanks.
schedules - destinyisntfree
[ In Reply To ..]
Well, when you are interviewed, they ask you what schedule you are looking to work, so you have some flexibility in setting your schedule. Once you start working, you are expected to stick to your schedule, but they do understand that things happen sometimes and as long as you follow the proper steps, they will work with you to a point. you are expected to make up the time before the end of the week, which ends on friday, but they do try to work with you if there had been a problem that kept you from being able to work. I am in a state that has a lot of thunder storms during the summer and frequent power outages, and they have always tried to work with me when i was unable to work.
Thanks for all of the info - sm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm so nervous about changing companies. I've only worked for OSi and now Nuance now that they took over. (I always worked at a hospital) It's scary about thinking about changing. My supervisor is so nice and flexible with schedule and breaks and sick time, etc.
Wow - RadMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Wow...I'm really liking the sound of this place more and more. I haven't done a lot of VR work, but I'm willing to learn all I need to know. ATSI was such a bad experience, so it is so good to know there are still companies and people out there that care about their employees. I'm really looking forward to my interview.

Similar Messages:

Amphion...anything GOOD To Say About Them?
May 20, 2010

I've narrowed my job search down to two companies with Amphion being one of them. I'd appreciate it if anybody could give me an idea of their experience at Amphion with respect to pay, if their SR platform works well, how long it took you to get up to speed and earning decent money, how much SR and how much typing, etc. Basically the stuff that you would have liked to known before you went to work at Amphion.   Thanks very much ...

Amphion Good Or Bad?
Mar 19, 2013

Is this company good or bad? ...

Amphion - Good,bad And Ugly
Jan 16, 2011

I was just wondering if there was any body out there who has worked or is currently working for it. Just want the good,bad and ugly if there is any? Just tested for it and I think I did okay. ...

Experience With Amphion (good Or Bad)?
Mar 23, 2011

Does anyone have any experience with Amphion (good or bad)?  I have an interview scheduled and was wondering if they are worth pursuing.  Thanks     ...

So What's The Story On Amphion? Good Or Bad?
Oct 20, 2011

Would love to hear the scoop on Amphion from anyone who works there or has recently worked there.  I'm thinking about applying there.  How is the pay, software, and benefits, and is there plenty of work?  Thanks in advance for any info I can get! ...

Amphion. Good, Bad, Ugly? TIA. Nm
Jun 19, 2014

nm ...

Amphion, Anything Good Or Bad. I'm Nervous.
Oct 14, 2014

Anyone out there have any experience with Amphion?  Good and bad comments are requested.  I'm nervous about them. ...

Amphion?? Good/bad/ugly??
Dec 05, 2014

Filled out the test & waiting to hear.  Anyone have experience with these guys?  TIA! :0) ...

Can Anyone Share Their Experience With Amphion, Good Or Bad?
Mar 30, 2013

Xxx ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

2014 - Not A Good Year For This MT â But I Found A Good Fit (finally)
Jan 12, 2015

Rarely do I start discussion on mtstars - however, 2014 was a particularly challenging year for myself - an experienced MT/Editor (15+ years). However, I realize that many other MTs may be in the same position, i.e., having many years devoted to working at the Big MTSOs including âthe M,â and âthe Nâ and (now to be included) âthe Tâ following close behind in total numbers of MT/Editors on staff. (Hint: Sure most of you know the M, the N and the T - and the names have been int ...

All Type QA - Good Money?? Good Company???
May 24, 2011

I have expierence with QA, although have never been paid production for it. I do enjoy QA more. Does anyone have expierence at All Type in QA? Are they reliable?? Do they pay well? I currently make about 32000/year and need more. Would this be doable? TIA!! ...

IMEDX Takeover...I Don't Have A Good Feeling About This. Does Anyone Have A Good Sm
Jul 07, 2012

experience with this company.  Sounds like they suck up our accounts and then pay us less than pennies to clean up the trash.  ...

Good Friday; Good Bye Spheris
Apr 02, 2010

Well Good Friday to me.  I left Spheris.  It is indeed the best Friday for me in a very long time.  I've had it with their lousy platform, Mafia QA (they try their best to kill your spirit), mandatory this, mandatory that, do this, don't do that, change this, don't change that; no, don't change this, don't change that, and on and on and on, and now their bankruptcy.  No PTO for the next 4 months to keep the clients satisfied during ...

Q For Amphion MTs
Sep 29, 2010

Anyone ever get fired from Amphion for not meeting line requirements? I work for them FT or more as needed and have yet to make the 12,000 line requirement. I've been with them for 6 months now and have not heard a peep about it. My QA is meeting requirements and my attendance is excellent, but I have yet to make the line count. I've switched my schedule, asked for another team, another account, work extra, racked my brain, all to no answer or just "no". I'm not sure what to do a ...

Amphion (sm)
Apr 08, 2014

Considering  applying for work with Amphion.  I understand they do not pay for spaces.  Do they pay for headers or do anything to bring up the line rate?  If not, I won't bother.  Thanks. ...

Anyone Know Anything About Amphion?
May 02, 2014

Does anyone know anything about Amphion.  I know nothing.  I think I'm going to have to find another job because of changes being made in the company I work at currently.  I can't afford such a drastic pay cut as what is coming for me so I'm looking around for a transcription job, not VR.  Any information good or bad is welcome.  Thanks to anyone who responds.  It is greatly appreciated.  ...

Considering Amphion
May 17, 2014

I'm considering applying to Amphion and haven't found any recent posts from MTs. I'd love to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly! ...

Amphion QA
Aug 13, 2014

Can anyone tell me what software is used by Amphion? Is it Editscript? If not, what software do you need to know for QA positions? Thanks! ...

Amphion ?
Sep 18, 2014

I'm applying at Amphion just wondering if anyone could give me some current information on them.  Good company to work for?  Pays on time and accurate?  Enough work to go around?  I did a search for info but didn't see anything real recent.  I'd appreciate any information you can offer.  Thanks! ...

Amphion Anyone?
Dec 02, 2014

Anyone heard of or worked for Amphion??? ...

Amphion Anything?
Mar 17, 2015

Hello!  Can anyone tell me anything about Amphion; specifically how costly is their health insurance?  Do they provide steady work?  Thank you in advance! ...

Amphion - Anyone Work For Them At All?
Oct 12, 2009

how are they to work for?  Are they fair? ...

Horski, How Was Your 1st Day With Amphion?
Mar 08, 2010

xx ...

Amphion Pay Range?
May 17, 2010

Can anyone provide a ballpark range of what Amphion pays for straight transcription per line and for VR? I understood they also offered a shift differential. Thanks! ...

Anybody Work For Amphion
Sep 14, 2010

xvxvxvx ...

Amphion And Transolutions
Oct 31, 2010

I have had offers from both Amphion and Transolution. I was just curious if anyone had insight into either of those companies. I am really tired of choosing the wrong company to work for. I think I picked a good one and then end up being so low on work that I can't pay my bills. Please help, I don't want to make this mistake again. Thanks ...

Another Amphion Question
Nov 09, 2010

Do you have to get a 100% QA score to get a raise? What score do you have to get? ...

For Those Of You Who Work For Amphion...sm
Nov 19, 2010

Could you please tell me if you make a decent salary and how long did it take you to reach that.  I will be working for Amphion soon and I am a little leary about it.  Also, how are their dictators and is there plenty of work?  Any other info you have would be helpful.   Thanks for your help! ...

What Is The Pay Like At Amphion? Enough To Pay Your Bills?
Nov 22, 2010

nm ...