Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Interesting - It is also common sense

Posted: Jul 23rd, 2023 - 12:14 pm In Reply to: Interesting. - sleepymt

It depends on the employer. Where I worked, we signed a confidentiality agreement that included the use of social media. I don’t know how they could tell who you were, but they have ways of finding things out. Maybe a coworker who recognizes your log in reports you. People have made innocent remarks only to have it come back to haunt them. Employers look at job seekers Facebook pages to read what they talk about when they are considering making job offers. Not withstanding, they don’t to receive hundreds of applications because someone made a mistake and said they were hiring when they weren’t. One thing I do know is that anyone who badmouths their employers the way people do on this board and probably on other social media is shooting themselves in the foot; they are literally biting the hand that feeds them. If people don’t want to share, they are not obligated to tell anyone where they work, just as no one is under any obligation to share salary information.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)