Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Medical scribe employment.. (Views: 55)

It’s fine to have self confidence - Play it by ear

Posted: Jun 22nd, 2023 - 3:58 pm In Reply to: Okay, Deep Breath - see msg

But trust me, you will find out that you are not familiar with all report types or medical legal documents such as Power of Attorney or insurance forms ad Infinitum. You might want to review some of the HIPAA guidelines, especially as they relate to release of information. I scan and index, and very little of it relates to transcription. The databases they use are probably going to be things you have no familiarity with. Knowing medical terminology always helps, but that’s where the similarities end. It also depends on what position you are actually interviewing for, as HIM is a rather broad area. I personally disagree with playing yourself up too much, you certainly don’t want to come off sounding like a know-it-all. I hate to burst anyone’s bubble, but most HIM managers could give 2 hoots about transcription. You will have an idea of the direction the interview is going to take when you get there, so don’t assume they will ask what you expect them to ask. It’s fine to talk about your attributes, but you will have to follow the interviewer’s lead. This is probably just confusing you, but what you say will depend on the questions you are asked. If it’s an on site job, there may also be questions about conflict resolution and teamwork. Enough said, good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)