Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Common Sense - The company name means nothing

Posted: Jun 29th, 2023 - 5:15 pm In Reply to: No, it's common sense when MTSOs overhire and then - NOBODY HAS WORK. Then what good SM

Having the name of a company doesn’t mean that you will apply and get hired. I don’t know how the transcription services do it, but a lot of places these days do not accept applications if there are no openings. If you’re chasing better transcription pay, I think it’s all the same anymore, unless you get lucky and find something onsite. This is a discussion board, but no one is obligated to tell anyone where they work, and I guess they have their reasons for not sharing. I posted about my 2 rinky-dink jobs just to show that other things are out there when someone wants to transition out of MT. I live in a small town which wouldn’t help any of you, and I volunteered for about a year at one of the places where I was eventually hired for part-time. I scoured the classifieds in the local newspaper and went on several interviews before the right thing clicked, but I came to the realization that MT was a done deal. I never liked working at home and I’m not a IC, so I felt discouraged regarding being frozen out of a lot of jobs too. Don’t give up and eventually the right job will come your way, but I think you’ll be on your own in your job search.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)