Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Medical scribe employment.. (Views: 55)

Love your post. I went into transcription and editing - for medical/legal, and I love my work

Posted: Jun 22nd, 2023 - 1:08 pm In Reply to: That's the whole problem. You worked hard, it took a long time to - find something right for you. SM

Because of my extensive MT background, I was contacted by a company to do chart review, medical records review in preparation for legal cases --- very, very interesting work, fantastic pay, and never a penny short. I get paid immediately upon completion of my case work. I have also helped others get into the field, as well, and they also are doing well financially. When I posted before I was attacked nonstop for not "posting" the names of the companies I work for. The companies did not want me to do so, and I honored their request. Anyone that contacted me that appeared to be a good candidate (if the companies needed additional help), I set them up with the owners.

I still keep my finger in the medical transcription/editing on a very limited basis to keep up with medications, procedures, conditions, etc. Just pocket change.

It took me a long time to find these jobs, and I went through some really disgusting companies before finding these. I will never work for only one company again, and I explained that to my current employers -- they had no problem with that.

There are exceptionally good jobs out there for MTs and looking for them can take a while to find exactly what is needed/wanted. I am glad I put in the effort, and I am especially happy every time I look at my bank deposits.

MT is not dead -- every MT needs to figure out how to make it work best for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)