Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 47)

Coding offshoring getting more common - CEMT

Posted: May 11th, 2022 - 9:49 am In Reply to: No, they are not. Not even close. This is not true. - sm

I took a $$$ coding course. I have heard there are decent jobs in my area but I didn’t like it. Others have said they tried to find work unsuccessfully for years. Then I met someone in medical records at a major teaching hospital in FLA. She said her coding department had just been offshored to India. She said it’s happening all over. When I thought about MT versus coding, it’s actually easier for India to do coding. Even the best English speakers out there struggle with grammar, syntax, and slang so MT really is a bad fit, but for coding you just need to be intelligent, well trained, and detail oriented. Their grasp of English is easily well suited for that. Not so much MT. Maybe people eventually get wise and bring the MT work back and send off coding, if they must, though sad for all of us who paid good money. The advantage to coding is that smaller offices still need coders, and I doubt they can bully the providers into doing THAT for themselves too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)