Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Mine were all classes that pertain to medical records/coding. - I had all prerequisites already. sm

Posted: May 1st, 2022 - 11:14 am In Reply to: What classes did you take? I'm just curious. I'm looking - for something part time. I had to

I focused on coding classes and completed that requirement. My skill ended up being for medical coding. I took the certification and passed. But its entry level so I had to dig a little to get hired. But after I work for a year, get the next level of certification, the world is my oyster. With one year of experience, you can choose your next job. That is next year and I thoroughly expect to be making in excess of $25 an hour with that certification.

I have NEVER been so thankful I got so fed up with MT one day that I registered for online classes and made a plan.

If you don't want to do that, there are a lot of customer service jobs out there online. Plus, I also noticed that there are a lot of medical service jobs that are in the realm of calling a patient scheduled for an appointment and verifying their information and insurance. Those don't seem to need anything much beyond what you already know as an MT. And everything pays better than MT now. Everything. Burger King pays more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)