Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I took medical coding classes through a local community college. - All online. sm

Posted: May 3rd, 2022 - 4:24 pm In Reply to: Question - Mia

It took about a year and a half. It was all pretty easy for a longtime MT until it got to the hardcore coding. That is something else. Super interesting but I can tell it will take a lot of time on the job to be really good at it.

I waited 4 months to take the certification test which I don't recommend. I had to go back and study a lot beforehand. But I passed it. Coding is even harder to break into than MT was, even with the bottom rung certification AHIMA offers. So, it took me a full month and a half and about 20 applications to finally get two interviews and the one I wanted offered me a job at $24 an hour to start.

I have tried for years to get out of MT and stay out. So I am positively thrilled. I feel like I've been released from jail.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)