Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

MT Facebook groups - Cat

Posted: Apr 11th, 2022 - 12:19 pm

Can anyone suggest some FB groups for MTs that I might join?  My story is the same as all you fellow souls.  Started out in this biz 30 years ago with MedQuist.  Things were great until the rug was pulled out from all of us.  Finally got smart and left that place in the early 2000s, and found the holy grail of transcriptionist jobs with a private ortho group which I put in over 10 years, worked from home, hourly pay, all holidays, tons of sick time and PTO... until they decided to close the entire dept on us, gave us a thanks anyway, here's your 2 week notice, and went to VR. 

Just looking for valid info on jobs, advice, equipment, etc.  I've been spoiled with the job at the ortho group.  Doing acute care now and back on that miserable production, QA nitpicky BS, ridiculously horrible dictations, low/no work, along with the ever-present low cpl.  I really resent what has happened to all of us transcriptionists who have put in years of honest, hard, good work recognizing the importance of patient care and our very jobs.  VR just cannot compete with an experienced human transcriptionist. 

Thanks in advance!   

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)