Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Unfortunately, there's not much out there these days - SM

Posted: Apr 12th, 2022 - 11:16 am In Reply to: MT Facebook groups - Cat

I know exactly what you mean about being spoiled with good pay and benefits back in the glory days. I, too, remember when I was raking in $80-85k per year doing this job. I had full health insurance and didn't need to go on my husband's plan, paid sick and vacation days, paid holidays, 401k, equipment discounts, the whole nine. Now, you'd be lucky to even find an employee position in this industry. All of the good companies have either been swallowed whole by the likes of Nuance, M*Modal, and other overseas entities or have just closed their doors due to the state of the industry. Other accounts have been lost to VR and EMRs. A majority of what is left these days are lousy 4-4.5 cpl editing jobs or the occasional 6-7 cpl straight typing jobs and they are all IC positions, so not only do you get the insultingly low pay where you're lucky to even make minimum wage, but you also get zero benefits and are responsible for taking care of your own taxes.

I have seen that some hospitals and medical practices are starting to hire MTs again, but most of them require that you are local to the hospital/practice. Unfortunately for me, I haven't found any of those jobs in my area.

In all honesty, I would try to find something else. The MT industry is fading. It's nothing like it was 10-15 years ago. I get more and more depressed and discouraged with each passing day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)