Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Unfortunately, there is not much out there... - Cat

Posted: Apr 13th, 2022 - 12:25 pm In Reply to: Unfortunately, there's not much out there these days - SM

Boy! You got that right - depressing and discouraging!

I've kept an eye out for local with no luck as well. Those jobs probably get filled just by word of mouth or who one knows.

And as for the editing BS cpl, I've never understood (and resented) how they could justify the cut in pay when a skilled transcriptionist is still needed to cut through the swill. (Though they tried to convince us when we went to VR that it would be SO much EASIER and FASTER, and our production was going to skyrocket - LOL!) They still need someone who has completed the education, not like you can just hire someone off the street! I can remember erasing entire VR reports and straight typing. Still got paid the crap editing pay, but it was actually faster.

I appreciate your taking the time to respond. Good luck to you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)