Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

A one-doctor practice in my area cannot afford to have - the only receptionist not at ... sm

Posted: Nov 8th, 2021 - 6:14 pm In Reply to: You cannot print your own medical records - Submit a written request

the front desk. Who is answering the phones? Who is checking the patients in and out? Who is collecting copays, verifying insurance, looking over the forms that the new patients filled out? Great way to lose patients--no front office staff.

My old PCP has 2 nurses (one full-time, one part-time) who have always handled taking vitals, so let them do it; unless the doc reduced their hours.

There used to be 2 receptionists at the front desk, but there was only one by the time I finally started going back into the office.

In rural parts of the country where there aren't big pools of trained health personnel, you might have one person who is a Jack of All Trades in a practice. In my area of DC/Northern VA, we got peeps--lots of workers.

My old PCP doesn't have lots of money for staff like she used to have. COVID dealt that practice a terrible blow. Video visits and phone call visits don't pay at the same rate as office visits.

I am sorry about my old PCP's predicament, but I am moving on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)