Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Glad you left too - transcriptionist

Posted: Sep 13th, 2021 - 2:49 pm In Reply to: I agree - Not good

I cannot imagine anyone staying on after the VIQ merger. I did some research back when all of this was beginning and read that VIQ got all kinds of government grants for this "AI" speech wreck-ognition garbage, and they obviously used the money to buy up all the smaller companies. This is all a huge joke, making way more work than it needs to be! I really miss my old job and the money I was making straight-typing. Such a shame. I hope they will lose everyone and have to shut down.

Side note, I had a job way back in 2010 captioning phone calls using this same voice wreck (Dragon) and it was so terrible that I would type the messages instead of repeating them so they were accurate/actually made sense. I mean, people were paying for this service, so why do anything less than a good job? I actually got written up so many times for typing the messages that they fired me. I could not believe that it has not improved since 2010.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)