Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

VIQ - SM

Posted: Sep 9th, 2021 - 5:14 am In Reply to: VIQ Solutions/Net Transcripts - Kim

They offered me a position last year and did the same thing to me as far as waiting until after I had tested to spring the news on me that I would need to pay for the background check. This was a huge red flag. I think they might get some sort of kick back from the company they use for background checks. They then told me that they were going to "close out my application" if I didn't respond in a timely manner and agree to pay. You should NEVER have to pay anyone a single dime in order to get a job. If they want a background check, THEY can pay for it. They also require you to have an FEIN, which I found very strange. No other IC job that I've ever had has required any of this. They do deduct pay for errors as well. That alone should be enough to send you running for the hills. There were just far too many red flags with this company right out of the gate, just from reading the contract, so I passed. They gave me major scam vibes. I remember the contract didn't even say how often or when they pay. I would advise proceeding with extreme caution.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)