Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Being characterized as afraid to venture out and - Old Anon

Posted: Sep 22nd, 2020 - 7:21 am In Reply to: Some who stay in MT may actually - still have decent jobs

also as being fat, lazy, and sick and one who can't go out of their home is extremely insulting. I worked outside of the home on-site as an MT for over 30 years and also had a few accounts of my own as an IC. When my hospital job in medical records was terminated because they closed the MT Department, I had no choice but to find an at-home position. Now, no one was hiring in-house anymore. AND I am not fat, lazy, or sick. I'm normal weight and very fit. Now that I'm retired, I could use some part-time MT work to supplement my SS and my hospital pension, but the pay is so poor and the technical requirements so stringent, it's not worth it. Now with the pandemic, non-MT jobs are scarce and possibly dangerous for someone over 70. I'm between a rock and a hard place but I'm not fat and lazy--far from it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)