Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I look for - professionalism. sm

Posted: Sep 21st, 2020 - 8:14 am In Reply to: Degrading ads - A different breed

If the job ad is condescending, then most likely the people who own the company are also that way.

I do not believe that all MTs want to work from home. It was forced on a lot of us due to outsourcing. We lost our jobs and friends and coworkers.

Too many managers, not enough to do the actual work and the MT gets paid the least when they are doing the actual work. I am sure it is not easy owning a transcription business these days, but the condescending ads with phrases such as "do you have what it takes?" is just not needed.

This job is very stressful. You have to walk away to keep your sanity. It is definitely not for everyone.

It is a job if you do have a disability, but most offices are now accommodating disabilities.

As far as venturing out, I have done that. It is not the rose garden everyone believes it to be. You are not paid for your knowledge. You are expected a lot of with very little pay. Lots of offices and facilities want you to work weekends and holidays.

MT is a job where you can sort of walk away if you are a caregiver. Other WAH jobs are not that way especially in customer service. I would suggest MT for someone with small children. I just would not expect great pay ever unless you're willing to put in tons of hours.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)